• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

LaNaranja

Togepi sounds fine by me. I'm just hatching them Riolu now, they should be getting 5's since i'm using a 5 iv Lucario and the 6 iv god Ditto.

Added you, IGN is Marco. Send me a trade request whenever your ready. It is level 2 but I gave it a reset bag so it is good to EV train however you want and is only missing the attack IV. It is also holding a shiny stone.

Ended up with a free copy of Pokemon X thanks to Target I've never played a Pokemon game before, and am about to start. Is there anything I should know before doing so?

Should I buy a guide?

Ended up with a free copy of Pokemon X thanks to Target I've never played a Pokemon game before, and am about to start. Is there anything I should know before doing so?

Should I buy a guide?

The game is easy enough for beginners to pick up quickly so feel free to go in blind. If you're stumped or confused then you can just ask.

LaNaranja

Have fun! Don't bother with any higher level stuff for your first play through. Just enjoy the ride. And turn of exp. share when you get it if you don't want the game to become stupid easy.

Type2

Anyone happen to have a togekiss with the eggmove psycho shift? If not I just need a togekiss in general to start breeding for it myself. I'm going for a bit of wish cheese to support my team.

LaNaranja

Thank you as well! I'll have to eventually train me a Togekiss xD

When you get the chance could you take back your Lucario and give it a nickname (Hilary Swank). Send me the trade request and I'll send it right over. If you want your Togepi to have a nickname I could change it too.

Muku

Should I buy a guide?

You'll be fine. :) You can ask here if you have any questions.
Do folks still buy guides? :O

Yeah I am man.

Well, just checked out this Moltres from Kalos... and I dunno about it.

Lv 70 ~ 22/31/31/31/10/6 ~ Mild

Speed on it is awful.. though SpDef isn't far behind. I was going to offer it, but I dunno if it's worthwhile. Though if you do want it, let me know.

Sleepwalker

You'll be fine. :) You can ask here if you have any questions.
Do folks still buy guides? :O

Well, just checked out this Moltres from Kalos... and I dunno about it.

Lv 70 ~ 22/31/31/31/10/6 ~ Mild

Speed on it is awful.. though SpDef isn't far behind. I was going to offer it, but I dunno if it's worthwhile. Though if you do want it, let me know.

Nah, it's cool, I need a decent speed at least :(

Muku

Okay, so say you get a Pokemon off GTS that is fully EV trained. Is there any way to determine how many points have been put into each stat? I know there's the graph below.. but you can't really pull numbers out of that.

Edit: Nevermind, think I can save, use a bag, write down what's lost, and reload. :)

Okay, so say you get a Pokemon off GTS that is fully EV trained. Is there any way to determine how many points have been put into each stat? I know there's the graph below.. but you can't really pull numbers out of that.

Edit: Nevermind, think I can save, use a bag, write down what's lost, and reload. :)
I was gonna say to do exactly what your edit says. Those reset bags are very handy to have. Oh this will sound silly but feel like a battle?

Muku

I was gonna say to do exactly what your edit says. Those reset bags are very handy to have. Oh this will sound silly but feel like a battle?

Don't have a team together right now. :( Been so busy with other things. What little time I've put in game recently is with this stupid penguin.

Edit: Sleepwalker so been doing Moltres hunting on GTS. After a few trades I've gotten one fully EV trained (so you'd have to wipe it if you wanna train it), but... at Lv86 with Naive nature.. it comes out at 31/20/7/31/31/26

Muku

Shiny Piplup I take it?

Yes. Been at this for months (sporadic at some points and not every day like some past ones). First one I'm going for since getting shiny charm, but I don't feel like that has helped me at all. I've done far more than I did when I got stuck with Ponyta. Really have had shit luck since I got shiny charm.

Edit: Though I have some 6IV Piplups... if anyone would like. LOL.

When it says "communication with the other trainer was interrupted" does that mean they quit or does it mean I need better wifi?

edit: because before today I've had no issues connecting, battling or trading but today I've seen a few dc's.

Muku

When it says "communication with the other trainer was interrupted" does that mean they quit or does it mean I need better wifi?

edit: because before today I've had no issues connecting, battling or trading but today I've seen a few dc's.

I'm assuming they quit, but not sure. Recently I've been having that problem as well. With the rare end communications thing and having to just restart. I'm wondering what causes that.

Sleepwalker

Don't have a team together right now. :( Been so busy with other things. What little time I've put in game recently is with this stupid penguin.

Edit: Sleepwalker so been doing Moltres hunting on GTS. After a few trades I've gotten one fully EV trained (so you'd have to wipe it if you wanna train it), but... at Lv86 with Naive nature.. it comes out at 31/20/7/31/31/26

Lol wow, that one's amazing, anything special you want for it? I have shiny metagross, shiny starmie, shiny mew, shiny heatran and shiny pinsir you can get copies of if you want.

I can battle you if you want but in about 15 mins or so.

Muku

Lol wow, that one's amazing, anything special you want for it? I have shiny metagross, shiny starmie, shiny mew, shiny heatran and shiny pinsir you can get copies of if you want.

Nothing special. Went on hunt to break monotony of breeding.. and to hopefully end your Moltres drought. The Shiny Metagross and Shiny Starmie, are either Kalos born?

Sleepwalker

Nothing special. Went on hunt to break monotony of breeding.. and to hopefully end your Moltres drought. The Shiny Metagross and Shiny Starmie, are either Kalos born?

Nah, I got em from ultimadrago here and they don't have the pentagon. Out of my shinies, only Scizor does.

That moltres would be greatly appreciated though.

Muku

Nah, I got em from ultimadrago here and they don't have the pentagon. Out of my shinies, only Scizor does.

That moltres would be greatly appreciated though.

Yeah, figured I'd check on them. He's still yours no matter what. :) Any 'ol Pokemon will do for Moltres.

Endure Pikachu... Wow. I was about ready to throw my 3DS out the window!

Edit: oh okay Sleepwalker! Uh, let me boot somebody off my list and I'll add you.

LaNaranja

Endure Pikachu... Wow. I was about ready to throw my 3DS out the window!

lol good game dude. I was hoping the rocks would have done more damage. That Mega Pinsir had just a bit too much bulk in the end. It is always nice to play against someone who uses stuff you don't see like Furfrou.

lol good game dude. I was hoping the rocks would have done more damage. That Mega Pinsir had just a bit too much bulk in the end. It is always nice to play against someone who uses stuff you don't see like Furfrou.
I love running Furfrou mostly to eat physical attacks, but I can never decide between leftovers or rocky helmet.

Well, i'm not the kind of person that wants to go for competitive pokemon battling and don't got the patience or time for breeding. So next goal is get all the vivillon patterns in a collection then try to get as many kalos born pokemon lol

Muku

Well, i'm not the kind of person that wants to go for competitive pokemon battling and don't got the patience or time for breeding. So next goal is get all the vivillon patterns in a collection then try to get as many kalos born pokemon lol

If you'd like Monsoon, I breed them on my JPN copy of X. All 5IVs. Can get it as a Vivillon already or as a fresh Scatterbug. :)

LaNaranja

I love running Furfrou mostly to eat physical attacks, but I can never decide between leftovers or rocky helmet.

It is a shame that it needs to eat a turn using Cotton Guard. How have you spread the EVs on it? I have wanted to breed one for a while to get that snazzy orange haircut.

Sleepwalker

Just lost a battle against a mono water team, gyarados on a dragon dance outspeed my jolteon and almost ended me.

Lost that game for lack of priority users, only reason I didn't bring Arcanine was because maybe I had too many fire mons.. lol go figure he could have won this.

Will add your FC here in a moment. Add my JPN one on my profile.

Edit: Sleep, send me a request when you're ready. :)

Added, I'll throw in a scatterbug. it's nothing special but a polar should be better than all the moderns and elegants out there lol.

let me see if I have any kalos born pokemon that needs trade evolutions too, i doubt I have anything at this time though.

Muku

Added, I'll throw in a scatterbug. it's nothing special but a polar should be better than all the moderns and elegants out there lol.

let me see if I have any kalos born pokemon that needs trade evolutions too, i doubt I have anything at this time though.

That's cool. What's your IGN?

Sure, what's your FC?

Sorry for the late reply, I wanted to get off my phone browser but it looks like ya already got it.

It is a shame that it needs to eat a turn using Cotton Guard. How have you spread the EVs on it? I have wanted to breed one for a while to get that snazzy orange haircut.
I put mine in HP and Sp.D, but i'm thinking I might do a different set and put some ev's in attack.

Top Bottom