• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

Nice! Thank you! What do you need?

Here are the ones I'm struggling with/lazy to get.

Staraptor, Wynaut, Heatmor, Lickilicky

Articuno, Moltres, Yveltal

For the legendaries I can do Black 2 legendary tradebacks (and/or Zapdos, Xerneas) if you don't have them already. Sadly, that's about as far back as my Pokemon go. Until I find my hands on Platinum or something...

I'm kind of interested.

Unfortunately I tossed all my Rotoms away; they were Timid anyway. The only one left is my 5 IV battle-ready Timid, which I'm using as a Mow Rotom myself.

I could try to Synchronize a Bold, but I don't have a Bold Synchronize Pokemon yet X D

Nah, better leave it for somebody that's interested and has the goods/time to spare.

I have these ready now:

Gooey Sliggoo
Magician Braixen
Smeargle with egg moves
Unburden Belly Drum Swirlix (plus bonus egg moves)

Any chance you help me do some tradebacks for Pokedex completion?

Aww. Well Timid is fine too! If you could breed one I'd be okay with that! Just let me know :)

Here are the ones I'm struggling with/lazy to get.

Staraptor, Wynaut, Heatmor, Lickilicky

Articuno, Moltres, Yveltal

For the legendaries I can do Black 2 legendary tradebacks (and/or Zapdos, Xerneas) if you don't have them already. Sadly, that's about as far back as my Pokemon go. Until I find my hands on Platinum or something...

Pretty sure I can get you the first four mons. Wanna trade tomorrow?

Hobobloke

So Wigglytuff works amazing in the games where they bring their intimidate user but feels like dead weight if they don't, thinking of having another fairy (either AV Azumarill or Specs Gardevoir) to be on the sideboard for regionals as my more consistent option but not sure which.

Team is pretty special heavy and I do kind of fear Goodra at the moment so Azumarill would be good but I really like being able to smack Venasaur and Amoongus with Gard, I can't decide! Anyone have any EV spreads they recommend for an AV Azumarill?

Pretty sure I can get you the first four mons. Wanna trade tomorrow?

Sure, I don't think I'm doing much tomorrow.

Aww. Well Timid is fine too! If you could breed one I'd be okay with that! Just let me know :)

Well, if nobody else offers, I'll try and get you the best Timid I can or a Bold one at least. Feels a bit cheap if you give me a shiny for a Pokemon I haven't put any effort into X D

While shiny breeding for Treecko I got two unburden ones with HP ice (31/31/31/31/31/26 and 31/31/31/31/31/30 respectively). Which means that the eventual shiny is gonna have overgrow and a 0 speed.

Renta

Banned
Okay, is my game bugged or do you just lose the pokerus after time? I keep my pokerus mon I'm training in my party and my 3DS in sleep mode for a day or two, come back and no more pokerus. No smiley face or anything. Just gone. I can still give them pokerus again, but it's annoying.

Or is this just some new mechanic in xy, and I'm dumb?

Okay, is my game bugged or do you just lose the pokerus after time? I keep my pokerus mon I'm training in my party and my 3DS in sleep mode for a day or two, come back and no more pokerus. No smiley face or anything. Just gone. I can still give them pokerus again, but it's annoying.

Or is this just some new mechanic in xy, and I'm dumb?

Pokerus does disappear after awhile. Only way to ensure you don't lose it is to box the pokemon.

Once cured the pokemon shouldn't get it again so I have no clue what happened there. However, pokerus is time based so depending on the strain of the virus will depend how long it'll last. Given how the strains have a 1 to 4 day timer, 2 days of sleep can effectively mean weaker pokerus viruses are gone. A trip to a pokemon center might finalize the whole cured pokeus stuff, no clue though.

Renta

Banned
And it's not an isolated incident. I'd say this is about the 4th time it's happened on 4 separate pokemon. Pokemon center says nothing for me after the first visit, btw. I just find it very odd for my game alone to be bugged, and this issue not being common.

Muku

For the folks I'll be replying to (and sorry for delay!) send me a message when you're around to trade. Also let me know if we need to swap FCs at that time.

Could you reserve this Latias for me? I'll only get home 15 hours from now x(

Don't know if you care, but I got some 5IVs speed boost Torchics, huge power Marills and protean Frokkies. I pretend to get in details about them when I have time to give them away to everyone that is interested here.

I have 5IV Speed Boost Torchics. I bred some some time back, however mine don't have egg moves, so if any of yours do that'd be awesome. Otherwise Marill might be better option.

Any chance I could have that Lugia and the Feebas? Let me know if there's anything you'd like in return, thank you! :D

Sure. Nothing I'm looking for, so whatever you'd like to trade. Though always looking for shinies. ;)

Could I take this guy please?

Sure can. :)

Ohh more stuff I could use for my livingdex

Well, more Feebas to send to you, but this time with way more egg moves lol. I should have (hopefully) Feebas with Oblivious, Dragon Pulse, Mirror Coat, Iron Tail by tonight.

Scrap the Dialga, forgot I already had one lol.

Do you need a shiny one or just a normal one for your Pokedex? If you need just a normal one I can get you that.

May I have the groudon and one of the female ponyta? I'm double checking our friend code fiasco now.

Edit: I have both your accounts added and my fc is correct.

You can get the female Ponyta. Wynd called the Groudon, but if he doesn't need it shiny and just needs a normal one then you can have it.

Damnit muku. You have so many awesome Pokemon to give, but alas, we were not destined to be able to trade. ..

Not sure what deal on that is... but let me know when you're available. Just going to have to do card swaps to get ya the Pokemon. Hate doing it but not much else I can do.

Could I have this one Muku? :)

Shiny Palkia? Sure.

Hey muku out of that list I'd love Palkia/dialgia and/or tornadus if you have any of those left.

Need them for the dex lol.

If you just need normal ones, I can get ya normal ones. Would hate to just give shinies for folks trying to finish dex when some folks are looking for some of these as shinies specifically. The Dialga and Tornadus as shinies are still available though. :)

Sleepwalker

I actually need almost all of the legendaries from earlier games lol, I don't really mind if they are shiny or not, but i'm looking to keep em.

I'll just take w/e you have spare.

Do you need a shiny one or just a normal one for your Pokedex? If you need just a normal one I can get you that.

Normal is fine, don't care for shinies too much. I just want a living dex. I'm not crazy enough to try for a shiny living dex lol. Oh yeah just saying it now, enjoy your new 5 IV Feebas with Oblivious/Dragon Pulse/Iron Tail/Haze/Mirror Coat lol.

Muku

I actually need almost all of the legendaries from earlier games lol, I don't really mind if they are shiny or not, but i'm looking to keep em.

I'll just take w/e you have spare.

Tell you what, send me a PM with a list of everything you need and I'll see what I can do for you.

Syntsui

For the folks I'll be replying to (and sorry for delay!) send me a message when you're around to trade. Also let me know if we need to swap FCs at that time.

I have 5IV Speed Boost Torchics. I bred some some time back, however mine don't have egg moves, so if any of yours do that'd be awesome. Otherwise Marill might be better option.

My Torchics have Baton Pass. The Marills have Belly Drum, Aqua Jet, Body Slam and Water Sport. The Frokies got nothing special besides the HA lol.

I'm online right now, which one do you want?

What's the closest thing to an electric/fire type pokemon? Like, if there aren't any electric/fire types, is there a pokemon that's electric, but can learn a bunch of powerful fire moves, and vice versa

What's the closest thing to an electric/fire type pokemon? Like, if there aren't any electric/fire types, is there a pokemon that's electric, but can learn a bunch of powerful fire moves, and vice versa

Heat Rotom's are Electric-Fire

The closest Electric type that knows fire moves are Manectric and Zebstrika, which isn't many. Manectric having a few more.

As for Fire learning Lightning...yeah, you're better off with lightning in terms of options lol.

Manectric learns Flamethrower and Overheat via TM, and can learn Flame Burst and Fire Fang via egg move.

I wish there were alternatives to Magneton/Magnezone when it came to Electric/Steel. Klinklang is meh with a lower SpAtk and no Electric STAB compared to Magnezone. With a base speed of 140, Gyro Ball on Electrode sucks.

And Magnemite is genderless so there are no egg moves and it can't be bred in a specific ball. :(

Sleepwalker

Heat Rotom's are Electric-Fire

The closest Electric type that knows fire moves are Manectric and Zebstrika, which isn't many. Manectric having a few more.

As for Fire learning Lightning...yeah, you're better off with lightning in terms of options lol.

Manectric learns Flamethrower and Overheat via TM, and can learn Flame Burst and Fire Fang via egg move.

Magmortar learns thunderbolt (TM). Outside of that I'm not sure what else can learn electric moves outside of rotom.

@muku, thanks I'll pm ya!

Muku

I dont know whats up with our friends lists though. As far as I can tell we have eachother added but you dont show up on your main account.

I think I have you on my secondary 3DS, so just going to have to swap my game to that one when you're on.

ALM5252

I have the following Shiny Pokemon for trade.

Fletchling Female Lv. 8 Modest Big Pecks

Carbink Lv. 23 Careful Clear Body

Sneasel Male Lv. 40 Hardy Inner Focus

Wailmer Female Lv. 25 Quiet Water Veil

Clawitzer Male Lv. 37 Lonely Mega Launcher JPN

I'm looking for some good Pokemon for breeding with at least 5+ IVs and if possible, hidden abilities. :)

I'm mainly looking for Fletchling, Squirtle, Froakie with Toxic Spikes, and Scyther all preferably Male. Can offer anything, but those are my main ones. :)

i-Jest

I know this isn't exactly the place to post friend codes but my Friend Safari is lacking....in a big way. My friend code is 1993-7598-1385. Add me and I'll add you.

Muku

I have the following Shiny Pokemon for trade.

Fletchling Female Lv. 8 Modest Big Pecks

Carbink Lv. 23 Careful Clear Body

Sneasel Male Lv. 40 Hardy Inner Focus

Wailmer Female Lv. 25 Quiet Water Veil

Clawitzer Male Lv. 37 Lonely Mega Launcher JPN

I'm looking for some good Pokemon for breeding with at least 5+ IVs and if possible, hidden abilities. :)

I'm mainly looking for Fletchling, Squirtle, Froakie with Toxic Spikes, and Scyther all preferably Male. Can offer anything, but those are my main ones. :)

I have a 5IV male Modest Squirtle with Rain Dish and egg moves for trade. (Egg moves: Fake Out, Dragon Pulse, Aura Sphere, and Muddy Water). If interested I'd be interested in the Wailmer. :)
Unless the 5+ only means 6IV? Sorry just reread it and felt like I got a different vibe than my previous reading.

Edit: Ugh. Wanted a regular Lugia on GTS, ended up a Shiny Lugia... so with that said I have..

x1 Shiny Lugia for trade.

EMT0

Banned
Random question, is it possible to breed a hidden ability onto a Pokemon via using a male that has the hidden ability but from a different species?

My example is Pikachu; say I have a female, and I breed it with an Electryke that has Lightning Rod as an ability. Could I hatch a Pikachu with Lightning Rod, and are there any factors that increase the chances of passing down a hidden ability?

Muku

Random question, is it possible to breed a hidden ability onto a Pokemon via using a male that has the hidden ability but from a different species?

My example is Pikachu; say I have a female, and I breed it with an Electryke that has Lightning Rod as an ability. Could I hatch a Pikachu with Lightning Rod, and are there any factors that increase the chances of passing down a hidden ability?

Won't work. You'll need the HA on the female you're breeding with something else in egg group to pass it on. Are you in need of a HA female Pikachu?

Muku

Yeah, I don't have one. I just restarted so I don't really have anything worthwhile to trade though.

Been breeding Pikachu's lately. All the offspring I have to offer are Pichu, so you'd have to get them to become a Pikachu before breeding, but I have a female Pichu with Lightning Rod that is all yours. You can trade whatever for it.

Edit: If interested my FC is 2191-7720-9084

EMT0

Banned
Been breeding Pikachu's lately. All the offspring I have to offer are Pichu, so you'd have to get them to become a Pikachu before breeding, but I have a female Pichu with Lightning Rod that is all yours. You can trade whatever for it.

That'd be great! :)

I'll go ahead and add you right now. Mine is 2836-0551-5147.

EDIT: Thanks again!

Well that was interesting. Just got a 6IV Lv.100 shiny Modest JPN Unova Ditto named "Ditto" from Wonder Trade. At least it wasn't a re-trade, so they received a 4-5 IV Adamant Justified Growlithe with 4 egg moves for it.

LOL:
Bunnelby GER Lv.10 in Master Ball
Snorlax SPA Lv.1 in Heavy Ball (male) :(
Magikarp JPN Lv.1 in a Lure Ball (female!) :D
Shiny Victreebel (Kalos) :D

Muku

Well that was interesting. Just got a 6IV Lv.100 shiny Modest JPN Unova Ditto named "Ditto" from Wonder Trade. At least it wasn't a re-trade, so they received a 4-5 IV Adamant Justified Growlithe with 4 egg moves for it.

LOL:
Bunnelby GER Lv.10 in Master Ball
Snorlax SPA Lv.1 in Heavy Ball (male) :(
Magikarp JPN Lv.1 in a Lure Ball (female!) :D
Shiny Victreebel (Kalos) :D

Congrats on the Kalos Shiny Victreebel! I really dig that shiny for some reason more than it's normal colors.

Top Bottom