• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

Anyone else want 5IV Feebas with 4 eggsmoves? Free giveaway and if you trade me back a prism scale I'll send a feebas with a scale to make it into a Milotic

A friend of mine who isn't on GAF has a quick question about IV breeding that I hope you can help with.

"Say one parent has 5 perfect IVs and the destiny knot, and the other parent has some perfect IVs - one being the one the first parent didn't have - and the second parent also has destiny knot, is there a chance the child could get perfect IVs in all 6?"

JulianImp

So, I'm building my first doubles team, and I was thinking about running the following mons:

Crobat @Heat Rock (Jolly, Inner Focus)
Brave Bird
Roost
Taunt
Sunny Day

Dugtrio @Focus Sash (Adamant, Arena Trap)
Earthquake
Sucker Punch
Reversal
Protect

Houndoom @Houndoomite (Timid, Unnerve)
Fire Blast
Dark Pulse
Solarbeam
Protect

Jumpluff @??? (Timid, Chlorophyll)
Giga Drain/Solarbeam
Sleep Powder/Rage Powder
Helping Hand
Encore

Basically, Crobat will often lead to set sunny day up and then stick around for its support moves, Jumpluff also does support (and encore has some nice synergy with Dugtrio), Dugtrio doesn't hit that hard but has a great support ability and decent attacks, and Houndoom can hit through berries before mega evolving, with its special attack skyrocketing once it does evolve.

I'm mostly trying to shore up my glaring weaknesses now which are mostly ice and rock and try to fit a secondary mon that can set the sun up, but I can't think of anything I actually like that fits the criteria and synergize well with what I currently have. Would running Mamoswine be a good idea?

EDIT: @Beef: having either parent hold a destiny knot means the offspring will have five IVs passed down from its parents (chosen at random), and the last IV will be entirely random, so it's not like giving the knot to a 6IV mon will always result in 5IVs being passed down, with multiple knots not affecting that number at all.

A friend of mine who isn't on GAF has a quick question about IV breeding that I hope you can help with.

"Say one parent has 5 perfect IVs and the destiny knot, and the other parent has some perfect IVs - one being the one the first parent didn't have - and the second parent also has destiny knot, is there a chance the child could get perfect IVs in all 6?"

Only one parent (doesn't matter which) needs to hold a Destiny Knot - 5 IVs will be selected at random from the parents, and one stat will be randomly generated. So yes, there is a chance one parent will pass 4, the other parent will pass the missing one, and the game COULD generate a 31 for the last stat's value, resulting in a 6IV egg. The odds are against it, but it could happen.

That's why we have 6IV Dittos here.

I do have a spare available for trade at the moment.

Anyone else want 5IV Feebas with 4 eggsmoves? Free giveaway and if you trade me back a prism scale I'll send a feebas with a scale to make it into a Milotic

I would love one of these. I am just at work at the moment and won't be able to trade for a little while. Can you keep one for me please?

Soma

Yo Wyndstryker I'll take one of those if you're giving them away.

I have a Prism Scale too. I just realized I don't have a Milotic yet!

Yo Wyndstryker I'll take one of those if you're giving them away.

I have a Prism Scale too. I just realized I don't have a Milotic yet!

Yup, giving them away. Getting a ton of 5IV feebas while trying for 6IV's.
If you want as milotic just send a prism scale with whatever pokemon you're trading.

FC: 5258-0782-9763
IGN: Clarine

Only one parent (doesn't matter which) needs to hold a Destiny Knot - 5 IVs will be selected at random from the parents, and one stat will be randomly generated. So yes, there is a chance one parent will pass 4, the other parent will pass the missing one, and the game COULD generate a 31 for the last stat's value, resulting in a 6IV egg. The odds are against it, but it could happen.

That's why we have 6IV Dittos here.

I do have a spare available for trade at the moment.

Thanks for the response! I'll go ahead and let my friend know.

best thing about breeding these feebas is that i don't feel bad putting them in to wondertrade since you can't get feebas normally. only thing is i'm sending off some rather good pokemon into the wild lol.

I swear by the time I do get a 6IV feebas everyone is gonna have a milotic lol.

Syntsui

best thing about breeding these feebas is that i don't feel bad putting them in to wondertrade since you can't get feebas normally. only thing is i'm sending off some rather good pokemon into the wild lol.

I swear by the time I do get a 6IV feebas everyone is gonna have a milotic lol.

The first 6IV mon I got was Frokie.... with quirky... and torrent.... female. Oh god the best most useless Frokie ever.

It was really fast by the way, the fourth egg or so.

Maybe I should just pokebank these feebas boxes for ORAS.

If there is a mega milotic in ORAS having a bazillion 5IV pokemon for trade can get me anything lol

Muku

Just a reminder for JapanGAF who play Pokemon, the event distros start this weekend at Pokemon Centers.

That's the ones where like each week is a new one?

Don't think cost of going is worth it for each, for me anyway. Wish I lived in town of a PC. You plan on picking them up?

Soma

Hahaha. I put a request for a Venomoth on GTS to help fill up my dex and I'm greeted by this guy when I check on the status:

iUeXK4HHtoG6a.jpg

Awesome! :D

Muku

Hahaha. I put a request for a Venomoth on GTS to help fill up my dex and I'm greeted by this guy when I check on the status:

iUeXK4HHtoG6a.jpg

Awesome! :D

Oh damn, congrats! Only shinies I get for requests are legendaries.. some of which are a dime a dozen. :(

EMT0

Banned
Yup, giving them away. Getting a ton of 5IV feebas while trying for 6IV's.
If you want as milotic just send a prism scale with whatever pokemon you're trading.

FC: 5258-0782-9763
IGN: Clarine

I don't have anything to give but I'd love to snag one from you if you're feeling generous. My FC is 2836-0551-5147, I'll add you right now. Ingame name should be EMT.

lupinko

That's the ones where like each week is a new one?

Don't think cost of going is worth it for each, for me anyway. Wish I lived in town of a PC. You plan on picking them up?

Yeah I am, I'll go either today or tomorrow. Luckily I live close to mine.

Muku

Yeah I am, I'll go either today or tomorrow. Luckily I live close to mine.

Yeah, that is a bonus. Though can't complain much. Glad I live close enough to one at all for some things. Would you mind if I borrow them? Would like to clone myself one of each. :)

lupinko

Yeah, that is a bonus. Though can't complain much. Glad I live close enough to one at all for some things. Would you mind if I borrow them? Would like to clone myself one of each. :)

No problem, but so far of all the pokemon centers I've been to, my local Tohoku one is the best. Mainly because everybody is Date Masamune and they use Victini as one of their mascots.

Edit: just got two event mega gyarados now.

Can you reserve a male (Bold if possible) for me? I have a 6 IV pair already, but I'm interested in those extra egg moves : )

If you want a Timid Feebas, we could swap as well.

Can you reserve a male (Bold if possible) for me? I have a 6 IV pair already, but I'm interested in those extra egg moves : )

If you want a Timid Feebas, we could swap as well.

I'll see if I have a bold one, but for sure I have feebas available lol.

Just PM me FC/IGN, I'll get around to trading when I have the chance.

Wanace

I just found my Pearl and HG carts, along with my Emerald, FR and LG carts.

Had some good Pokemon on there too! Finally can move them over using the long, drawn out transfer method. :/

Gotta get ready for Ruby/Sapphire again!

I don't have anything to give but I'd love to snag one from you if you're feeling generous. My FC is 2836-0551-5147, I'll add you right now. Ingame name should be EMT.

added.

Just send whatever, preferably kalos born, if you want it as a milotic though send whatever with a prism scale.

ALM5252

Quoting because I still have these available for trade.

I have the following Shiny Pokemon for trade.

Fletchling Female Lv. 8 Modest Big Pecks

Carbink Lv. 23 Careful Clear Body

Sneasel Male Lv. 40 Hardy Inner Focus

Wailmer Female Lv. 25 Quiet Water Veil [Claimed by Muku, waiting for the trade]

Clawitzer Male Lv. 37 Lonely Mega Launcher JPN

I'm looking for some good Pokemon for breeding with at least 5+ IVs and if possible, hidden abilities. :)

I'm mainly looking for Fletchling, Squirtle, Froakie with Toxic Spikes, and Scyther all preferably Male. Can offer anything, but those are my main ones. :)

Also have these shinies to add now:

Magnemite Lv. 1 Modest Magnet Pull

Dratini Female Lv. 1 Modest Marvel Scale

Honedge Male Lv. 1 Sassy No Guard SPA

FINALLY a 6IV Feebas with Oblivious. This becomes my new breeder, and I need one more to use as my battler. Hopefully my next 6IV feebas comes quickly so I can begin working on Snorunt.

Frost_Ace

Anyone with a perfect ditto they can part with? One of my favorite friends need it but we can't clone since we're far away. :(

So, I'm building my first doubles team, and I was thinking about running the following mons:

Crobat @Heat Rock (Jolly, Inner Focus)
Brave Bird
Roost
Taunt
Sunny Day

Dugtrio @Focus Sash (Adamant, Arena Trap)
Earthquake
Sucker Punch
Reversal
Protect

Houndoom @Houndoomite (Timid, Unnerve)
Fire Blast
Dark Pulse
Solarbeam
Protect

Jumpluff @??? (Timid, Chlorophyll)
Giga Drain/Solarbeam
Sleep Powder/Rage Powder
Helping Hand
Encore

Basically, Crobat will often lead to set sunny day up and then stick around for its support moves, Jumpluff also does support (and encore has some nice synergy with Dugtrio), Dugtrio doesn't hit that hard but has a great support ability and decent attacks, and Houndoom can hit through berries before mega evolving, with its special attack skyrocketing once it does evolve.

I'm mostly trying to shore up my glaring weaknesses now which are mostly ice and rock and try to fit a secondary mon that can set the sun up, but I can't think of anything I actually like that fits the criteria and synergize well with what I currently have. Would running Mamoswine be a good idea?

EDIT: @Beef: having either parent hold a destiny knot means the offspring will have five IVs passed down from its parents (chosen at random), and the last IV will be entirely random, so it's not like giving the knot to a 6IV mon will always result in 5IVs being passed down, with multiple knots not affecting that number at all.
You're really weak to the common talomflame.

JoeM86

Just had the weirdest glitch

My Box 4 and Box 9 switched positions. Box 9 was between 3 and 5 and 4 between 8 and 9. My Pokémon are in a specific order, so it confused me at first. I have moved them all back around in Bank and renamed the boxes, but that was so weird. Wonder what caused that.

FINALLY a 6IV Feebas with Oblivious. This becomes my new breeder, and I need one more to use as my battler. Hopefully my next 6IV feebas comes quickly so I can begin working on Snorunt.

Congrats!

Hope I'm not being dumb, but wouldn't it be better to use a 5 IV -Attack Milotic for battling?

OHH, that reminds me. Would you like to swap a 6 IV Feebas? That way you can breed quicker thanks to the different trainer ID.

Also I'm not sure whether I'm lucky or unlucky. Got two 6 IV Espurrs in a couple of minutes, but neither had their HA >___<

Congrats!

Hope I'm not being dumb, but wouldn't it be better to use a 5 IV -Attack Milotic for battling?

OHH, that reminds me. Would you like to swap a 6 IV Feebas? That way you can breed quicker thanks to the different trainer ID.

Also I'm not sure whether I'm lucky or unlucky. Got two 6 IV Espurrs in a couple of minutes, but neither had their HA >___<

I'm just crazy and I want 6IV's across the board with my battle team. I don't care for absolute perfect performance, I just want to say I have a team with all 6IV's lol. As for breeding I got a 6IV ditto for the other trainer ID so breeding for me is pretty quick, especially with hatching 3 O-power and oval charm.

I'm just crazy and I want 6IV's across the board with my battle team. I don't care for absolute perfect performance, I just want to say I have a team with all 6IV's lol. As for breeding I got a 6IV ditto for the other trainer ID so breeding for me is pretty quick, especially with hatching 3 O-power and oval charm.

Ah, okay that makes sense. No worries : )

I'm not 100% sure, but I think the breeding rate is quicker still if you have foreign ID and same Pokemon species. Hence why I suggested the Feebas in particular. I definitely felt a difference with using a foreign 6 IV Ditto + my Espurr versus foreign Espurr + my Espurr.

But if you're happy with your current speed, that's fine. I don't have the Oval Charm yet, so I have to rely on other methods for now.

Ah, okay that makes sense. No worries : )

I'm not 100% sure, but I think the breeding rate is quicker still if you have foreign ID and same Pokemon species. Hence why I suggested the Feebas in particular. I definitely felt a difference with using a foreign 6 IV Ditto + my Espurr versus foreign Espurr + my Espurr.

But if you're happy with your current speed, that's fine. I don't have the Oval Charm yet, so I have to rely on other methods for now.

The speed is deadon for me. Since I'm doing other things aside from breeding I can't use all the space in my team for egg breeding. But even if I do go on breeding runs every trip to the daycare has an egg. Spin in circles with the bike using hatching 3, hatch egg, IV check, store, run to get egg, repeat till no more O-power, lvl up pokemon for evolutions for my living dex or get more scatterbugs for GTS trading for living dex.

Unicorn

My Box 4 and Box 9 switched positions. Box 9 was between 3 and 5 and 4 between 8 and 9. My Pokémon are in a specific order, so it confused me at first. I have moved them all back around in Bank and renamed the boxes, but that was so weird. Wonder what caused that.

Pokebank boxes, right?

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars

Lets see... 3+5+8 = 16
4+9 = 13
16 - 13 = 3; Gen 3 remakes easter egg

Top Bottom