• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
Has there been any mystery gift or event pokemon since speed boost Blaziken at X/Y launch? Specifically, in the NA region.

I would like to know this myself. I'm about to start playing the game again, and I need to definitely beat the game. I'm wondering if it'll be hard to pick up and play where I left off or not.

Shrennin

Only the Scizor/Garchomp serial codes if you bought it at Wal-Mart in December, and the Pokémon Bank Celebi

Can you still get the Pokemon Bank Celebi?

EDIT: Looks like you can, but I take it the Scizor/Garchomp are a bit harder to get.

PBalfredo

Quoting because I still have these available for trade.

Also have these shinies to add now:

Magnemite Lv. 1 Modest Magnet Pull

Dratini Female Lv. 1 Modest Marvel Scale

Honedge Male Lv. 1 Sassy No Guard SPA

Give me a bit of time and I can breed up a 5IV Fletchling with HA for that Honedge, if you like.

Edit: Got it. Male Adament Fletchling with Gale Wings, 31/31/31/x/31/31

Shrennin

I wonder if GameFreak will ever do a special event for a Mew (again)? It's the only Pokemon I've always wanted but never really had a chance to get. >_>

PBalfredo

I'm still working on putting together my ghost monoteam. Thanks to those who traded me ghosts before, they're great. These are the ones I'm still looking for:

Duskull
Snorunt (female)
Misdreavus
Golett w/No Guard
Phantump w/Harvest

I got tons of breeding rejects if anyone wants something in particular in return. I currently have:

Klink w/Clear Body
Kangaskhan
Charmander
Cottonee w/Prankster
Kabuto
Rufflet w/Hustle
Aerodactyl
Magnemite
Absol
Wooper w/Unaware
Tympole w/Swift Swim
Fletchling w/Gale Wings

(Sleepwalker if you're still interested in my spare rejects, let me know)

Muku

I wonder if GameFreak will ever do a special event for a Mew (again)? It's the only Pokemon I've always wanted but never really had a chance to get. >_>

I hear that. ;_; I hope we get an event... but looking at events, or lackof, in US, seems kind of sad.

No problem, but so far of all the pokemon centers I've been to, my local Tohoku one is the best. Mainly because everybody is Date Masamune and they use Victini as one of their mascots.

Edit: just got two event mega gyarados now.

Yeah, Though once X/Y came out they changed them a bit. Not sure how I feel about it. But I will say Yokohama has the worst. Well Froakie and Pikachu are win, but Turtwig? Really? :(

Mm so this week is Gyarados? Sweet!

Quoting because I still have these available for trade.

Also have these shinies to add now:

Magnemite Lv. 1 Modest Magnet Pull

Dratini Female Lv. 1 Modest Marvel Scale

Honedge Male Lv. 1 Sassy No Guard SPA

Just send me a PM when you're around. If I recall right you added my secondary 3DS which I only get on if I know someone is on. :( This is why I wish the Friend List on the 3DS was larger. ;_;

lupinko

I'm still working on putting together my ghost monoteam. Thanks to those who traded me ghosts before, they're great. These are the ones I'm still looking for:

Duskull
Snorunt (female)
Misdreavus
Golett w/No Guard
Phantump w/Harvest

I got tons of breeding rejects if anyone wants something in particular in return. I currently have:

Klink w/Clear Body
Kangaskhan
Charmander
Cottonee w/Prankster
Kabuto
Rufflet w/Hustle
Aerodactyl
Magnemite
Absol
Wooper w/Unaware
Tympole w/Swift Swim
Fletchling w/Gale Wings

(Sleepwalker if you're still interested in my spare rejects, let me know)

I got a Misdreavius with egg moves, I'll take a fletchling with gale wings.

fc is 4124-5002-7452 and ingame name is Black Mamba.

Muku: ah I see, yeah I went by the Yokohama PC during golden week, but Victini and Chespin (and I guess prior Snivy) are dandy.

PBalfredo

I got a Misdreavius with egg moves, I'll take a fletchling with gale wings.

fc is 4124-5002-7452 and ingame name is Black Mamba.

Muku: ah I see, yeah I went by the Yokohama PC during golden week, but Victini and Chespin (and I guess prior Snivy) are dandy.

Cool. My FC is 0001-3764-1620 and my in-game name is PBalfredo. Adding you now.

Blues1990

I'm wondering if someone could give me some advice on building a decent team for competitive battling. Here are the Pokemon that I'm thinking of:

Ferrothorn
Noivern
Politoed
Scizor/Bisharp
Togekiss
Roserade/Drapion

Any suggestions would be great. :)

I'm wondering if someone could give me some advice on building a decent team for competitive battling. Here are the Pokemon that I'm thinking of:

Ferrothorn
Noivern
Politoed
Scizor/Bisharp
Togekiss
Roserade

I haven't done any competitive battling but I've started work on building my team. Can't help too much but I can immediately tell that you're Fire weak. 3 of your pokemon are weak to fire.

edit: Actually you're Fire and Electric weak. Those two are your big weaknesses. 3 are weak to fire, the other 3 are weak to electric.

edit2: Bleh, overanalyzing without checking the data. But anyways, you have a few glaring weaknesses and you're spread is small. You'll need to know how to deal with those threats that can take you out.

Blues1990

I haven't done any competitive battling but I've started work on building my team. Can't help too much but I can immediately tell that you're Fire weak. 3 of your pokemon are weak to fire.

edit: Actually you're Fire and Electric weak. Those two are your big weaknesses. 3 are weak to fire, the other 3 are weak to electric.

edit2: Bleh, overanalyzing without checking the data. But anyways, you have a few glaring weaknesses and you're spread is small. You'll need to know how to deal with those threats that can take you out.

Well, these are some of the pocket monsters I was going to use to make my team, not necessarily that I was going to use 2-3 steel types, as that would be silly.

PBalfredo

Thanks for the Misdreavius, lupinko.

Ferrothorn
Noivern
Politoed
Scizor/Bisharp
Togekiss
Roserade/Drapion

Is there a particular reason you're thinking of going with Politoed? He's usually used for his Drizzle ability, but none of your other pokemon seem to take advantage of the rain.

Ok, calling it a night, need to wake up early tomorrow.

Just PM me IGN and feebas type if you need a feebas, I'm getting confused with requests on the forums and having to keep digging back.

lupinko

Thanks PBalfredo, oh anyone with a noibat female in a premier ball? They're annoying to catch if you don't have a FS with them.

Blues1990

Is there a particular reason you're thinking of going with Politoed? He's usually used for his Drizzle ability, but none of your other pokemon seem to take advantage of the rain.

Well, I was thinking of using Politoed, Scizor, &/or Togekiss to pair with Noivern. Politoed's Bulk & Drizzle makes him a good teammate with Noivern, and Noivern can cover Politoed against those who will spam with Grass Knot. For Scizor, his typing & diverse moveset is made to be fit with almost any team, and if I go with a choice specs Noivern, Scizor's U-Turn can scare off most threats.

Togekiss will be my resident Fairy/Flying type, and is used against Garchomp users.

I posted in the Safari thread but it's not very active, so I'm reposting my request here:

Does anyone have a Growlithe in their Friend Safari? I want one because of its Hidden Ability, which is Justified.

My FC: 3480-3902-3788

My Friend Safari has Munna, Sigilyph & Duosion.

Wow, I didn't know you could use any PokeBall in the Entree Forest.
Need to go see what's in there!
Edit: I still have Arceus in my White's Entree Forest.

lupinko

Anyone have a female starly or any of her line with the HA reckless? I want to get around to breeding that angry bird. :)

Premier ball as well if possible.

Frost_Ace

I posted in the Safari thread but it's not very active, so I'm reposting my request here:

Does anyone have a Growlithe in their Friend Safari? I want one because of its Hidden Ability, which is Justified.

My FC: 3480-3902-3788

My Friend Safari has Munna, Sigilyph & Duosion.
I think I can catch you one, in which ball do you want it?
Anyone have a female starly or any of her line with the HA reckless? I want to get around to breeding that angry bird. :)

Premier ball as well if possible.
I can breed you one, it's ib a dream ball though :(

lupinko

I think I can catch you one, in which ball do you want it?

I can breed you one, it's ib a dream ball though :(

Zomg, dream ball is even better!

Oh right second opinion time, I've finally got around to doing pal parl on pearl, so basically Jirachi farming can continue whenever I get a wii hdmi converter or VGA cable.

I'm debating if I should give one of my Jirachis, a sassy one Body Slam from LG.

Going smogon here:

Sassy
Wish
Stealth Rock (will get from Pearl Tm)
Iron head (will get from Gen 4 or Gen 5 MT)
Body slam (gen 3 mt) or thunder

If I forgo Body Slam, it can be given to my current Impish jirachi in my Emerald game. Or is thunder a better option for this specially defensive jirachi?

I'll farm more Jirachis later mainly because well he's jirachi.

Hobobloke

Finally recovered from celebratory drinks after regionals, it was painful thing getting up for mothers day breakfast.

The tournament turned out to be double elimination bracket thankfully, Bo3 for the first round then Bo1 for every one after that (don't know why it wasn't the other way around).

Lost my match in winners side to 4 consecutive flinches from a scarfed Mence rock slide, needless to say I was fairly salty. In losers I made a derp move and forgot Lucario had Inner Focus and tried to fake out him resulting in me losing my Kangaskhan, I played well and nearly made it back coming down to just his Garchomp vs my Azumarill and then lost to a crit from poison jab, did the calc after the game and it should've done 65-75%. Overall I went 5-2 and came I think 5th overall, was disappointed with the placing but happy with my play with the exception of that one fake out.

My hopes didn't end there though, when regionals was announced my friend and training partner for smash/other FG's also decided to take the plunge into VGC. We agreed that if either of us won we would split the prize as neither of us wanted to go to nationals and party it up in Melbourne alone, he had done well and made it winners finals with his mega-aerodactyl team and was called for his match to be displayed on the TV, however he was greeted with a message informing him his save data had been corrupted. After some initial panic and trying to recover it I offered him my team having just been knocked out, the organiser asked the opponent if he would allow it on the condition my team was not altered. This was the same player who flinched me out earlier so assuming he had the advantage of knowing the team and my friend not being used to it (he explained this in his write up) he did allow it.

He then went on to win that match and the tournament without dropping a match, leading to the aforementioned night of debauchees antics. I'm excited for nationals and hoping we hear details on the format there soon, for now though I'm pokemon'd out. I'm going to take what I think is a well deserved break and am excited to be able to finally get back to DS2 which I still haven't finished.

Frost_Ace

Zomg, dream ball is even better!

Oh right second opinion time, I've finally got around to doing pal parl on pearl, so basically Jirachi farming can continue whenever I get a wii hdmi converter or VGA cable.

I'm debating if I should give one of my Jirachis, a sassy one Body Slam from LG.

Going smogon here:

Sassy
Wish
Stealth Rock (will get from Pearl Tm)
Iron head (will get from Gen 4 or Gen 5 MT)
Body slam (gen 3 mt) or thunder

If I forgo Body Slam, it can be given to my current Impish jirachi in my Emerald game. Or is thunder a better option for this specially defensive jirachi?

I'll farm more Jirachis later mainly because well he's jirachi.
Are you farming perfect jirachis? I'd love to have one :eek:

Anyway guys, your pokemon are ready, my FC is in the profile, what's your FC lupinko?

lupinko

Are you farming perfect jirachis? I'd love to have one :eek:

Anyway guys, your pokemon are ready, my FC is in the profile, what's your FC lupinko?

Unfortunately they're not perfect, since I don't know how to rng the older games.

I think I'll go with body slam, and my fc is 4124-5002-7452 ign is Black Mamba.

Added you just now, and I went with body slam. :eek:

Top Bottom