• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

GulAtiCa

Yeah that's true. I don't care too much about EV or natures. But getting them naturally in Black/White 2 as opposed to trade with the ability to create the move set that works best for you is great. The high lv Pokemon from there I now have in X works well due to them having great move sets that I want.

Nice thanks guys. Heading to pick up white2/X

:D

Good choice. A bit late, but I really enjoyed Black 2. There's so much to do after beating the game too.

While there is no farming at the moment, I do have two Wishmaker Jirachis up for grabs, one is Lax and the other is Impish.

I don't really want anything unless you have a badass mon with egg moves that I can rebreed into a 6iv shiny(lol? :(), preferably in a DreamBall or premier ball.

Or something in the overused category or whatever is cool.

I'm interested, but got no Dream Balls and... not a Premier Ball fan X D

If you don't mind the ball, I can hook you up with these badasses (disclaimer: badassness not guaranteed; cuteness, maybe):

Luxury Ball Minccino (Knock Off; like it needs any more egg moves)
Luxury Ball Espurr (all four egg moves)
Absol (Megahorn, Baton Pass, Zen Headbutt, Play Rough)
Fletchling (Quick Guard)
Petilil (Worry Seed, Healing Wish, Charm; no HA)
Swirlix (Belly Drum, Yawn, Copycat, After You)

CassSept

Darn, I got a breeding fever. This crap is addicting for whatever reason.

That being said. I have to cycle Dittos which makes it more random and more time-consuming, so maybe anyone else has a spare 6IV Ditto? I saw on the last page that there are some have it, so perhaps it's worth a shot, may I be gifted one? I'd be very thankful!

Wiseblade

Bred my first 6IV Pokémon!

Breloom @ Toxic Orb
Adamant (+Atk, -S.Atk)
Ability:poison Heal
- Spore
- Substitute
- Focus Punch
- Seed Bomb

A good old SubPunch Breloom. I know Aegislash makes makes it irrelevant, but I've always wanted one! Anyone care to suggest a nickname?

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
There anyone around right now that can show me the following legendaries? Just trying to complete my dex.

Deoxys
Giratina
Manaphy
Arceus
Victini
Keldeo
Meloetta
Genesect

My FC: 2809-9444-0823

CassSept

Ohmygoshohmygoshohmygosh I just got my third shiny in 13 years, impossible how did this happen aaaaaaAaaaah

Edit: Accidental Masuda Shiny Swinub. Sadly only one 31 IV, Sp. Atk, but it does have Icicle Crash.

Hilarious it's a Swinub actually because my friend had a Swinub back in the Gen II and he cloned it for me and I remember it to that day :D

lupinko

Good choice. A bit late, but I really enjoyed Black 2. There's so much to do after beating the game too.

I'm interested, but got no Dream Balls and... not a Premier Ball fan X D

If you don't mind the ball, I can hook you up with these badasses (disclaimer: badassness not guaranteed; cuteness, maybe):

Luxury Ball Minccino (Knock Off; like it needs any more egg moves)
Luxury Ball Espurr (all four egg moves)
Absol (Megahorn, Baton Pass, Zen Headbutt, Play Rough)
Fletchling (Quick Guard)
Petilil (Worry Seed, Healing Wish, Charm; no HA)
Swirlix (Belly Drum, Yawn, Copycat, After You)

I can give you a Jirachi and some other 4-5iv pokes for those.

Did you want Lax or Impish?

I actually did want to do a line of Meowstics (m/f) and Liligant so it works out.

Edit: I can't breed the petlil, doh, but it's ok I'll still take it.

Frost_Ace

Bred my first 6IV Pokémon!

Breloom @ Toxic Orb
Adamant (+Atk, -S.Atk)
Ability:poison Heal
- Spore
- Substitute
- Focus Punch
- Seed Bomb

A good old SubPunch Breloom. I know Aegislash makes makes it irrelevant, but I've always wanted one! Anyone care to suggest a nickname?

Little Mac? Anyway Aegi still has to fear spore since king's shield doesn't block it,

Hey guys, was wondering if anyone had a Friend Safari with Chansey in it? I need to farm for lucky eggs.
I don't really follow this thread very well, so if you could just PM me that'd be fantastic.

I can give you a Jirachi and some other 4-5iv pokes for those.

Did you want Lax or Impish?

I actually did want to do a line of Meowstics (m/f) and Liligant so it works out.

Edit: I can't breed the petlil, doh, but it's ok I'll still take it.

Lax sounds fun; I'll probably just add it to my (tiny) trophy collection so it doesn't matter too much ^^

Also you're in luck because I was bored and bred Premier Ball Absols. Managed to hatch a 5 IV + 30 IV Attack to replace my current battle one too : D

I'll have to catch you later though since it's getting late for me and I'm starting to doze off X D

Wichu

I'd forgotten how much fun Rotation Battles are. I had one on Random Matchup as I was cooking dinner.

I didn't save the battle video because I'd forgotten I'd filled up all 100 slots... I led with Florges up front with Carbink and Sableye supporting, and Snorlax as backup. My opponent used Raikou, Sableye, Talonflame, and Aegislash (go go Sableye users!)

Carbink basically stopped him rotating in Talonflame in fear of a Rock attack, which was great for my other team members who aren't massive fans of Brave Bird. Florges just spammed out Moonblasts, taking off most of Raikou's HP and eventually taking out Sableye as well. Snorlax didn't really do much except finish off Aegislash (who was about to faint from a burn anyway).

But Sableye was definitely the MVP. Rotated into Raikou Aura Sphere and finished it off, took a big chunk out the opponent's Sableye, forcing it to Recover (and eat a Moonblast), took Talonflame's Brave Bird and finished it instead, and nearly OHKOed Aegislash, then burned it. Foul Play OP.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
My friend and I just got this, but I'm a little confused about the systems now.

I haven't played a pokemon game since LeafGreen, so apparently now you can trade pokemon anywhere, not just a pokemon center?

My question is, while I'm still just starting out, how do I get access to my friend (over the internet) and trade her a couple starters so we can have all 3?

My friend and I just got this, but I'm a little confused about the systems now.

I haven't played a pokemon game since LeafGreen, so apparently now you can trade pokemon anywhere, not just a pokemon center?

My question is, while I'm still just starting out, how do I get access to my friend (over the internet) and trade her a couple starters so we can have all 3?

Pokemon Centers are not required for trading. Matter of fact, it's been removed completely.

In order trade, you both will need to add each others Friend Code, found in the home menu. Keep in mind you won't be able to trade until after you beat the 1st gym.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Pokemon Centers are not required for trading. Matter of fact, it's been removed completely.

In order trade, you both will need to add each others Friend Code, found in the home menu. Keep in mind you won't be able to trade until after you beat the 1st gym.

So you add each other through the home menu of the DS, and then it's added to the friend menu in game?

So you add each other through the home menu of the DS, and then it's added to the friend menu in game?

Ya, although I don't think you'll be friends right away in game. You might find him or her in the Acquaintance or Passerby list. Also, Mii username =/= player character name, in case you didn't know.

So the finals of the World Championships each year features an awesome remix of the RBY Champion track. A friend found the file in XY that may be this year's track:

MUSIC SPOILERS: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlmWCoyp234

Whoa, that sounds sick

PBalfredo

So the finals of the World Championships each year features an awesome remix of the RBY Champion track. A friend found the file in XY that may be this year's track:

MUSIC SPOILERS: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlmWCoyp234

Wow. That's awesome they went through the trouble of including a special track just for the championship battle. Though having it exclusive to the actual championship battle is part of what makes it special, I also wish it was a selectable music option in XY. I love the RBY battle themes.

Edit: Wait a sec. That seems to be the same song used in the 2013 Championship. I had assumed they just used the B2W2 version of the RBY Champion theme. But no, that version is different. So they created a completely different version of a track they already had in the game specifically just for the real world finals? That's double crazy! My mind is blown.

Muku

Keep in mind you won't be able to trade until after you beat the 1st gym.

That's not true. I'd just started up my JPN copy of X when I was able to trade from my US copy of X to my JPN copy. Only thing you have to get to is point where you get your first Pokemon (one of the starters). Mainly just plot stuff to get through in other words. You can trade before you finish Gym 1 though.

That's not true. I'd just started up my JPN copy of X when I was able to trade from my US copy of X to my JPN copy. Only thing you have to get to is point where you get your first Pokemon (one of the starters). Mainly just plot stuff to get through in other words. You can trade before you finish Gym 1 though.
Oh ok then. My bad

lupinko

That was in gen 5 only.

GulAtiCa

Or they can just troll us with a Mega Eevee.

As Eevee is my favorite Pokemon, I'd be ok with that. :)

That being said. I'd love for the new remake to add a new Pokemon Eevee evolution and other new pokemon. I'd assume that is unlikely for new Pokemon for the remakes right?

When a new Eevee evolution occurs, I wonder what we might get. Curious to see a Ghost Eevee or perhaps a flying Eevee.

lupinko

Now that I got Pal park working, I'm so fucking tempted to just masterball a Jolly or Adamant (I guess Jolly for speed?) Mewtwo in my LG cart. The shiny hunt can be delayed for LG #2 or HGSS.

I still have a spare masterball (the benefits of buying a second hand game!) and I can always clone the items via Emerald glitch. Unfortunately my favourite and preferred ball to catch legendaries (quickball) doesn't exist in gen 3.

Drain Punch (G4 TM)
Double-edge (G3 MT)
Zen Headbutt (G5 MT)
Ice punch (G5 MT)

That moveset is staring me in the face. >>

What's everyones obsession with Jirachi in the PSS thingy?

Is it that rare?

Not for me since I have the Wishmaker Bonus disc handy.

Jirachis for all!

Lol later on I should give my mass produced Jirachis all MT moves.

JoeM86

Just to clarify, when exactly is Vivillon's pattern determined? Is it when the egg is given to you from the Daycare man or when it hatches?

When you create your game. All Scatterbug you capture and hatch in the game are based on the location you had set on your 3DS when you started your save file.

When you create your game. All Scatterbug you capture and hatch in the game are based on the location you had set on your 3DS when you started your save file.

Thanks. Aww, I was hoping for the tiny chance that I could breed a Scatterbug, then let somebody hatch it as a different pattern.

I don't suppose anybody here has the Elegant pattern in their game and doesn't mind trying to breed me a particular Scatterbug (I can provide the tools, plus something worthy to trade)?

Thanks. Aww, I was hoping for the tiny chance that I could breed a Scatterbug, then let somebody hatch it as a different pattern.

I don't suppose anybody here has the Elegant pattern in their game and doesn't mind trying to breed me a particular Scatterbug (I can provide the tools, plus something worthy to trade)?

Elegant patterns are quite common, specifically in japan so hopefully someone here with a japanese 3DS should help.

Which reminds me, anyone got a sandstorm pattern that they're willing to clone me? =P

edit:

Interesting...a 31/31/31/31/31/0 Feebas....Somehow I feel I can use it..like abusing mirror coat or something lol.

Top Bottom