• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

Thanks. Aww, I was hoping for the tiny chance that I could breed a Scatterbug, then let somebody hatch it as a different pattern.

I don't suppose anybody here has the Elegant pattern in their game and doesn't mind trying to breed me a particular Scatterbug (I can provide the tools, plus something worthy to trade)?

I believe the Pattern is determined when the egg hatches, kind of like being Shiny. Your pattern is determined by your 3DS region when you start your game save, like Joe said, but I think you can breed a 6IV Scatterbug, saving before you hatch the egg. If the egg hatches the perfect bug, you should be able to trade the egg for someone else to hatch and it should evolve in their pattern (similar to hatching for shiny value).

I believe the Pattern is determined when the egg hatches, kind of like being Shiny. Your pattern is determined by your 3DS region when you start your game save, like Joe said, but I think you can breed a 6IV Scatterbug, saving before you hatch the egg. If the egg hatches the perfect bug, you should be able to trade the egg for someone else to hatch and it should evolve in their pattern (similar to hatching for shiny value).

From what I know the pattern is already determined the moment the egg is generated, at the same time the IV's and all that are generated on the egg.

Basically if you want to have all patterns under your OT, you need to get other people to breed the egg to get the patterns, then you hatch them for the OT.

From what I know the pattern is already determined the moment the egg is generated, at the same time the IV's and all that are generated on the egg.

Basically if you want to have all patterns under your OT, you need to get other people to breed the egg to get the patterns, then you hatch them for the OT.

Hmm. Gonna have to test this later.

CassSept

I'll give it a try for a new page... anyone maybe has any spare 6IV Dittos laying around? Would be cool if it was japanese too, but I'll bite an english one too :)

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Not for me since I have the Wishmaker Bonus disc handy.

Jirachis for all!

Lol later on I should give my mass produced Jirachis all MT moves.

Is that how it is? You can only get it by trading it all the way up from GBA into B&W, and then into the Pokemon Bank?

How prevalent is the cheating/hacking in the game? Surely doing the world random trade thingy will get you nothing buy hacked legendaries and stuff right?

I'll give it a try for a new page... anyone maybe has any spare 6IV Dittos laying around? Would be cool if it was japanese too, but I'll bite an english one too :)

Also, why does it matter if it's Japanese vs any other foreign country?

I'm so wide-eyed and dumb, I feel like I'm lightyears behind. Last time I played Pokemon I just did whatever, traded with my brother to get the complete pokedex, now there's like 700 of them.

I'm taking my first steps into a larger world.

CassSept

I'm so wide-eyed and dumb, I feel like I'm lightyears behind. Last time I played Pokemon I just did whatever, traded with my brother to get the complete pokedex, now there's like 700 of them.

I'm taking my first steps into a larger world.

Masuda method. Breeding two Pokemon coming from different locations multiplies vastly the chance of hatching a shiny Pokemon. Sure, it's still a small chance, but as a matter of fact yesterday I accidentally hatched a shiny Swinub (my third shiny ever and I've been playing the series since the beginning with a break for Gen V) exactly with the Masuda method, so its' impact on the shiny encounter rate is indeed noticeable :)

Okay guys, I need to like power evolve a bunch of Pokemon for my Pokedex, some of which are of course Happiness evolving Pokemon. Now, I'm thinking of a method, and I'd like to ask you guys if it's a great method or if it sucks.

1. Catch all relevant Pokemon in Luxury Balls
2. Give 5 of these Pokemon Lucky Eggs (for Levels)
3. Grab my Level 100 Gardevoir, and run over to Le Wow, and do Rotation Battles with Exp O Power.
4. ???
5. Profit?

I'm basically hoping to abuse the Luxury Ball with the Level up happiness bonus. Do you think this would work?

CassSept

Honestly, just hop on global link, get the berries from the balloon minigame (they're all EV-decreasing, happiness-increasing ones, every minigame gives you 3 of those) and stuff your Pokemon with these to evolve the ones needing happiness.

Otherwise yeah, that's probably the fastest way to level Pokemon as of XY.

CassSept

Do those needs Pokemiles? Because I've been converting basically all of mine to BP.

Pokemiles, sadly. Though you should still have those, you do gather them outside of PokeBank by activities in the game, so the best way to check if you have any (and you will probably have a lot) is to sign in through Pokemon Global Link. One play takes less than 10 seconds and costs 100 PokeMiles and most of the time you will get 3 of EV-reducing/happiness-increasing berries, so you will rack up them pretty fast, believe me.

lupinko

Is that how it is? You can only get it by trading it all the way up from GBA into B&W, and then into the Pokemon Bank?

Other than the GBA Pokemon Channel for EU or Wishmaker Disc for NA, every other Jirachi is an event a cherish ball. That ball didn't exist in the GBA era so go figure, so Jirachis back then would only be in standard Pokeballs.

And for your Masuda method question, it doesn't have to be JPN poke with foreign poke, it's just between two different region poke for the breeding method to work. So ITA + GER would work the same for example.

JulianImp

How hard are they to get? I need one too. I've been looking around, it doesn't seem too complicated yet the wonder trade isn't giving me much.

6IV Dittos are often generated and cloned all over the place, but it's probably not the kind of thing you'd get throught wonder trade. I asked for a non-JP one here and got it pretty fast, since I can't clone and don't know how to properly generate pokémon using the spoofed GTS.

By the way, does anyone know if the fake GTS sites will continue to work once WFC goes down for DS pokémon games?

Muku

Anyone need/want any Pichu? Got some worth breeding with
once they become Pikachu of course
, or if you prefer to just take one and roll with it for competition, you're good to go on that too.

5IV

- Male ; Modest ; Lightning Rod
x3 31/X/31/31/31/31 Egg Moves: Charge, Wish, Disarming Voice, Endure

- Female ; Modest ; Lightning Rod
x6 31/X/31/31/31/31 Egg Moves: Charge, Wish, Disarming Voice, Endure

6IV

- Female
x2 31/31/31/31/31/31 Adamant, Static, Egg Moves: Charm, Fake Out, Thunder Punch, Encore
x1 31/31/31/31/31/31 Modest, Static, Egg Moves: Charge, Wish, Disarming Voice, Endure

- Male
x1 31/31/31/31/31/31 Adamant, Static, Egg Moves: Charm, Fake Out, Thunder Punch, Encore

Edit: In addition to the above, I also have a Jirachi up for grabs.

Infinite

, or if you prefer to just take one and roll with it for competition, you're good to go on that too.

5IV

6IV

- Female
x2 31/31/31/31/31/31 Adamant, Static, Egg Moves: Charm, Fake Out, Thunder Punch, Encore
x1 31/31/31/31/31/31 Modest, Static, Egg Moves: Charge, Wish, Disarming Voice, Endure

- Male
x1 31/31/31/31/31/31 Adamant, Static, Egg Moves: Charm, Fake Out, Thunder Punch, Encore
x1 31/31/31/31/31/31 Gentle, Lightning Rod, Egg Moves: Fake Out, Encore, Thunder Punch, Volt Tackle*
x1 31/31/31/31/31/31 Modest, Lightning Rod, Egg Moves: Charge, Wish, Disarming Voice, Endure

* Remember that Volt Tackle, while listed as Egg Moves, is because it's on the Pokemon and normally isn't. It isn't an egg move in the sense it passes it on, unless a Pikachu is holding a Light Ball while being bred.
I'll take a lightning rod one off your hands. ign is Aki FC is in profile

Unicorn

5IV

6IV

- Female

- Male
x1 31/31/31/31/31/31 Gentle, Lightning Rod, Egg Moves: Fake Out, Encore, Thunder Punch, Volt Tackle*
x1 31/31/31/31/31/31 Modest, Lightning Rod, Egg Moves: Charge, Wish, Disarming Voice, Endure

* Remember that Volt Tackle, while listed as Egg Moves, is because it's on the Pokemon and normally isn't. It isn't an egg move in the sense it passes it on, unless a Pikachu is holding a Light Ball while being bred.
I would LOVE a volt tackle lightning rod pika!

5IV

May I please have a Modest male with 5 IVs. :)

All my desire to play Pokemon burned out with the Special ladder change...
Mega Kangaskhan everywhere.
I'm at 3 wins, 5 losses. :(

Muku

I would LOVE a volt tackle lightning rod pika!

Have we exchanged FCs before? Want to think we have.

Edit: If you guys see me on, send me a trade request, though remind me of IGN name again. Would hate to trade wrong thing to someone.

Unicorn

Have we exchanged FCs before? Want to think we have.

Edit: If you guys see me on, send me a trade request, though remind me of IGN name again. Would hate to trade wrong thing to someone.

3136-6728-2378
Unicorn

Adamant or speed boosting would be preferable.

Muku

3136-6728-2378
Unicorn

Adamant or speed boosting would be preferable.

I only have the Gentle one. Popped out when I was trying to get Adamant one. (Since Ditto had to hold the Destiny Knot and Pikachu had to hold Light Ball... you have to pretty much pop 'em out til you get one you want.)

Unicorn

I only have the Gentle one. Popped out when I was trying to get Adamant one. (Since Ditto had to hold the Destiny Knot and Pikachu had to hold Light Ball... you have to pretty much pop 'em out til you get one you want.) Just this one came out 6IV in middle of that.

Oh, Okay, that's fine!

Anyone else not getting put online while in friends list? I think I just got some server error (there was a system update just now for me too).

Muku

Oh, Okay, that's fine!

Anyone else not getting put online while in friends list? I think I just got some server error (there was a system update just now for me too).

Yeah update came out like yesterday or day before but DS is just now telling me to. Worst time while trying to add folks to FL lol

Edit: My FC is in profile. About to hop online now if you're available.

Wonder trade has been doing wonders for me. Lv 1 and kalos born ftw! In the past 48 hours I got the following.

Feebas - Female - Naughty - Swift Swim - x/x/31/31/31/31
- Mirror Coat / Confuse Ray / Hypnosis

Nidoran - Female - Modest - Hustle - 31/x/31/31/31/31 (Heal Ball)
- Helping Hand / Toxic Spikes / Flatter

Larvitar - Male - Adamant - Guts - x/31/31/31/x/x
- Curse / Pursuit / Dragon Dance / Stealth Rock

Honedge - Male - Quiet - No Guard - 31/31/31/31/x/x (Luxury Ball)
- Swords Dance / Shadow Sneak / Destiny Bond / Wide Guard

Charmander - Male - Lax - Solar Power - x/x/x/x/31/x
- Dragon Dance / Outrage / Flare Blitz / Bite

Chespin - Male - Impish - Overgrow - x/x/x/x/x/x (Nest Ball)
- Curse / Synthesis / Belly Drum / Spikes

Froakie - Male - Timid - Protean - 31/x/x/31/31/31 (Dive Ball)
- Toxic Spikes

Ghastly - Male - Timid - Levitate - 31/x/31/x/31/31 (MOON BALL)
- Grudge / Disable / Perish Song

Poochhyena - Male - Adamant - Quick Feet - didn't check IV's yet (Dusk Ball)
- Poison Fang / Ice Fang / Fire Fang / Play Rough

Lapras - Male - Bashful - Water Absorb - didn't check IV's yet (Repeat Ball)
- Water Pulse / Body Slam / Rain Dance / Perish Song

Hobobloke

Oh my god I just realized Delibird's name is supposed to sound like delivered and not deli-bird.

mind_blown.gif

Muku

Never stopped to think about it, but makes sense. Though doesn't sound quite close enough that I'd say it that way. Still going to be deli-bird to me. Even though I guess when you think of it that way, it sounds awful. Like he's being served in some kind of sub or something, LOL.

lupinko

I don't know how legit it would be (possible?), but I want a female Love Ball Lopunny.
Yeah, I know.

Just trade over a love ball from hgss to dppt and catch a bunneary female.

Whereas the friend ball does not exist in xy.

Shiny Jirachi is possible just with the Wishmaker transfer, tho it's likely it'll have awful stats.

Muku

Shiny Jirachi is possible just with the Wishmaker transfer, tho it's likely it'll have awful stats.

You'd be able to do it in HG/SS because Bunneary is in it too. But either way, if you don't already have a Love Ball you're going to be waiting a day.

You'd be able to do it in HG/SS because Bunneary is in it too. But either way, if you don't already have a Love Ball you're going to be waiting a day.

I know for a fact I have Love Balls in SS but I haven't played since I beat it in May 2010. I don't remember Buneary in it though. Can you transfer directly from SS to XY? No, right? That's why my Mew, Unown and others are stuck.

I own Pearl but never played it and didn't beat B/W/B2/W2 despite owning all four. I feel bad you don't have the shiny Jirachi you so desire.

Muku

I know for a fact I have Love Balls in SS but I haven't played since I beat it in May 2010. I don't remember Buneary in it though. Can you transfer directly from SS to XY? No, right? That's why my Mew, Unown and others are stuck.

I own Pearl but never played it and didn't beat B/W/B2/W2 despite owning all four. I feel bad you don't have the shiny Jirachi you so desire.

No direct way no. Would have to transfer up from SS to B/W/B2/W2 then into Transporter then PokeBank. Route 25 according to Serebii is where Bunneary is.

Is there any way to trade online with folks on HG/SS still? If so I could trade with you then bring 'em up and give them to ya.

lupinko

You'll need to play a gen 5 game to transfer the gen 4 pokes over.

Yeah it sucks about Shiny Jirachi, we're stuck with Alpha Sapphire Jirachi forever. So no Omega Ruby Jirachi, because Kyogre won.

Stupid Gamefreak.

Edit: Actually I think I can do this for you, just bring it up and then breed it kalos or in unova, whichever is first.

Edit kalos not unova whoops since the ball passing thing is from xy.

Muku

For those of you who trade Scatterbugs on GTS... which do you tend to trade quicker/easier. The Scatterbugs themselves or level them until they become Vivillon then trade?

For those of you who trade Scatterbugs on GTS... which do you tend to trade quicker/easier. The Scatterbugs themselves or level them until they become Vivillon then trade?

I leave them as Scatterbugs. I think it depends on how rare your pattern is though. Probably not necessary but I also bred the Scatterbugs I put out there so I can label them as 4 or 5IV Tim/Com. They're usually snatched up right away.

Top Bottom