• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

For those of you who trade Scatterbugs on GTS... which do you tend to trade quicker/easier. The Scatterbugs themselves or level them until they become Vivillon then trade?

Haven't had too much experience, but I think my Scatterbugs are generally better received. Maybe because when they evolve, their name changes to your game's language (assuming non-nicknamed).

Coincidentally, I was kindly given a shiny Scatterbug in a SV egg giveaway. Wonder what Vivillon pattern it is?

EDIT: lol, I guess it was too much to expect the wing pattern to change colour.

Muku

I leave them as Scatterbugs. I think it depends on how rare your pattern is though. Probably not necessary but I also bred the Scatterbugs I put out there so I can label them as 4 or 5IV Tim/Com. They're usually snatched up right away.

Yeah, the Scatterbugs I put out there I breed. Ultimately I'd like to one day get a shiny one, but gotta fill out my Pokedex on my JPN copy where I breed 'em. :( I'm at point I only get 5 or 6IV Timid... mostly Compound Eyes, so it's easy enough. What Scatterbugs do you have?

I have Monsoon on my JPN copy. I've found they don't quite go as fast as they used to. But recently got rid of my last batch I leveled to Vivillon. I have a box of Scatterbugs trying to trade off now, just not sure how quickly they'll go compared to Vivillon itself. I imagine for those who want competitive ones, it's a better choice without having to use a bag on it. I also wonder how trusting folks are of the notes. I tend to not pay attention to them anymore since most folks forget to change it and have misleading (or completely wrong) information about what they're trading.

Edit: Hmm... is it worth it leaving it blank? Kind of feel like it'll just get lost in shuffle then.

Edit: For new page. Have the following for trade:

(Pichu)

5IV
- Male ; Modest ; Lightning Rod
x3 31/X/31/31/31/31 Egg Moves: Charge, Wish, Disarming Voice, Endure
- Female ; Modest ; Lightning Rod
x6 31/X/31/31/31/31 Egg Moves: Charge, Wish, Disarming Voice, Endure

6IV
- Female
x2 31/31/31/31/31/31 Adamant, Static, Egg Moves: Charm, Fake Out, Thunder Punch, Encore
x1 31/31/31/31/31/31 Modest, Static, Egg Moves: Charge, Wish, Disarming Voice, Endure
- Male
x1 31/31/31/31/31/31 Adamant, Static, Egg Moves: Charm, Fake Out, Thunder Punch, Encore

- a few Monsoon Scatterbugs (JPN) @ 31/X/31/31/31/31
only keep the best for GAF
x1 Modest Male ; Compound Eyes
x1 Timid Male ; Compound Eyes
x1 Timid Female ; Compound Eyes
x1 Timid Female ; Shield Dust

For those of you who trade Scatterbugs on GTS... which do you tend to trade quicker/easier. The Scatterbugs themselves or level them until they become Vivillon then trade?

Scatterbugs

Pattern hunters would grab anything hoping it's a rare pattern. I just plop them in, leave the info blank (or my usual "Kalos pls") and come back some time later it's traded. Vivillon's already show the pattern so patten hunters might ignore it.

I have the Polar pattern. That's why I make sure the Scatterbugs I send through GTS or Wonder Trade are good quality and usable. I see what you're saying about leaving it blank though. It's unfortunate that it's come to that.

JoeM86

Speaking of Vivillon, the Pokémon Center in Paris is getting this beast
Bnmzyj1IcAA78tp.png:large

Soiks

Does anybody have a spare 6 IV Japanese Ditto for trade? I've got a couple of shinies (Wigglytuff and Heracross) to offer in exchange.

AZUMIKE

Hello GAF. Recently picked up Y and now I'm looking for the sweet Pokerus.

Any poke that has naturally been infected with pokerus is very much wanted. No hacked stuff please! I'm willing to trade a Modest Fenneken with 31 Sp Att. IVs that has "Outstanding potential overall".

PM me.

EDIT: Thanks so much woolley!

Muku

Kickstart me a train ticket (Brussels-Paris) and I'll do it!

It's funny because I almost made a joke about Kickstarting a trip for one of us to go. Then it felt all Susan-like and made the joke less fun.

Susan, the mom of the then 8 year old girl who wanted to make a game and got a bunch of money to have her kid make a game in RPG Maker.

Maybe we should start asking around GAF if there's anyone that can get the vivillon. All it takes is one then it can be cloned a bazillion times.

JoeM86

Just got a load of new multiplayer details

Battle Competitions (known for Japan. Unknown which, if any, are international)
The Pokémon Global Link has updated with the details of various Battle Competitions over the coming months for Japan and International. These tournaments are all tentative and subject to change
First is the Fast Explosion! Single Battle competition. Registration for this competition is open from May 29th to June 6th while the battle runs from June 6th to June 9th. It's a Single Battle tournament open to the National Pokédex except for the usual Legendary Pokémon. Entrants receive 1,000 PokéMiles. he times to select moves has been reduced: 10 minute for the battle, 30 seconds to select your Pokémon and 15 seconds to select your move
Next is the 2014 International Challenge June, another International Battle Competition open to everyone worldwide. This follows VGC rules and will run in late June
The Eevee Friendly is scheduled for July and features use only of Eevee, Vaporeon, Jolteon, Flareon, Espeon, Umbreon, Leafeon, Glaceon & Sylveon, and is a Rotation Battle tournament
Next, the All Star ☆ Battle. This battle is a Double Battle tournament scheduled for July and allows you to use any Pokémon except Diancie. Pokémon from Poké Transporter can be used, but you can only have two Mythical Pokémon registered in your Battle Box
Next is the Ultra Fast! Double Battle! scheduled for August. This competition is a Double Battle tournament that runs without you seeing your opponent's team before battle
Next, in the Autumn, is the Fairy Friendly competition. This tournament is limited only to Fairy-type Pokémon. The type of battle has yet to be determined
Finally is the Halloween Party competition, also in Autumn. This tournament is limited to Ghost-type Pokémon and is a Single Battle competition. You need to include a Gourgeist in your Battle Box

Battle Spot Seasons 5 & 6
The Pokémon Global Link has also updated with details of the next two Battle Spot - Special Battle seasons. These Special rules have various altered rulesets that can only be done at the duration listed
Season 5 runs from July 15th 2014 and is a Single Battle ruleset. In this, you can use all six Pokémon of your team with no hold items, akin to the rules that existed when Pokémon Red & Green were revealed
Season 6 runs from mid-September and runs a special ruleset. This season is a Double Battle season with the standard rules, but with a twist. In it, it will block the Top 12 Pokémon that were used in the Double Battle option in Seasons 1 to 4 and the first half of Season 5.

~Your friendly neighbourhood Serebii

fek

Wow, those competitions are all very cool, I'll definitely participate in the June challenge and special season 6. The May competition also starts today, right? I made a new team for that.

JoeM86

Wow, those competitions are all very cool, I'll definitely participate in the June challenge and special season 6. The May competition also starts today, right? I made a new team for that.

Tonight, yeah.

Just hope the really cool ones like the Halloween one come out of Japan.

JulianImp

I hope they eventually do a mono-bug season so I can participate without having to spend any time breeding, since I'm kind of burned out by now. I only wish they could implement fan favorites into regular formats like Left4Dead used to.

Soiks

Current top 12 on the PGL site.

1 - Kangaskhan
2 - Garchomp
3 - Gengar
4 - Talonflame
5 - Cresselia
6 - Breloom
7 - Latios
8 - Porygon2
9 - Aegislash
10 - Azumarill
11 - Tyranitar
12 - Charizard

fek

I believe they will use the doubles ranking, not the overall top, so it's currently:
Kangaskhan, Landorus, Talonflame, Garchomp, Rotom, Cresselia, Bisharp, Aegislash, Charizard, Heatran, Thundurus and Mawile.

Firestorm

Surprised Togekiss isn't on the Top 12. Looks like TPCi got the two International Challenges before Worlds like they wanted even if it was cutting it a little close. Happy I'll have another chance to practice before Nationals.

Just trying my luck, but does anybody have a spare/unwanted Xerneas for trade? Must be uncloned.

I want to hook somebody up with a Xerneas, but I don't want to let go of mine >___<

Could try GTS, but it's hard to check the authenticity of Pokemon there. Like, I got a Yveltal off there, but I wouldn't use it for physical trades because I dunno where it came from.

Just trying my luck, but does anybody have a spare/unwanted Xerneas for trade? Must be uncloned.

I want to hook somebody up with a Xerneas, but I don't want to let go of mine >___<

Could try GTS, but it's hard to check the authenticity of Pokemon there. Like, I got a Yveltal off there, but I wouldn't use it for physical trades because I dunno where it came from.

Well, unless you know who the person is, you can't guarantee the pokemon you're getting isn't cloned.

However I'd rather take a cloned pokemon over a generated one. If it isn't kalos born the odds of it being generated a far higher.

edit: If you're REALLY paranoid with kalos born, go to Anistar City and talk to the memory girl beside the pokemon center. ALL Kalos born pokemon should have memories, regardless if they're traded. If they were generated they wouldn't have memories. All non kalos born pokemon would have no memories because they didn't track them back in the older gens.

Hey guys, I need help in registering for the Inverse Battles.

Where on the pokemon global link do I go for registration? It seems that I've applied for the May international, but serebii says that the prize for that one is pokemiles, and not the Enigma Berry.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Firestorm

Hey guys, I need help in registering for the Inverse Battles.

Where on the pokemon global link do I go for registration? It seems that I've applied for the May international, but serebii says that the prize for that one is pokemiles, and not the Enigma Berry.

Thanks in advance for the help.
Inverse Battles requires no registration. You just select "Special" from Battle Spot.

May International Challenge requires registration which you've done. You get an Enigma Berry for participation. Starts in 5 hours.

BlueMagic

I've done the registration (I can see the competition in Battle Spot) but am I supposed to register the pokemon before the battles? Because it doesn't let me do that. Also some of my Pokemon are below 50, are they also levelled up? I bought the game a couple days ago and I didn't have time to correctly train them.

I've done the registration (I can see the competition in Battle Spot) but am I supposed to register the pokemon before the battles? Because it doesn't let me do that. Also some of my Pokemon are below 50, are they also levelled up? I bought the game a couple days ago and I didn't have time to correctly train them.

Is this for the International Tournament? I'm pretty sure you can only register your Pokemon when the tournament begins. So in a couple of hours. I think it happens when you try to do a battle.

Yup, your Pokemon should be raised to Level 50 (or lowered if above).

Inverse Battles requires no registration. You just select "Special" from Battle Spot.

May International Challenge requires registration which you've done. You get an Enigma Berry for participation. Starts in 5 hours.

Thanks for the help. Starts in 5 hours??!?! bleh, I still don't have my moody Bidoof ready for Inverse Battles ;v

Firestorm

Thanks for the help. Starts in 5 hours??!?! bleh, I still don't have my moody Bidoof ready for Inverse Battles ;v
Inverse started on the 12th. International Challenge starts in 30 minutes and ends on Sunday.
Is this for the International Tournament? I'm pretty sure you can only register your Pokemon when the tournament begins. So in a couple of hours. I think it happens when you try to do a battle.

Yup, your Pokemon should be raised to Level 50 (or lowered if above).
Your Pokemon will not be levelled up to 50 but will be lowered to 50.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
How much difference does having "perfect" pokemon make when you're battling? Is it gonna save you from super-effective moves, or is it just min/maxing for the sake of min/maxing?

How much difference does having "perfect" pokemon make when you're battling? Is it gonna save you from super-effective moves, or is it just min/maxing for the sake of min/maxing?

Well, the difference of a few stats can literally determine survival at 1hp or fainting out. Or being able to get that first attack to do a super-effective ohko.

Although some stats you want low depending on your strategy.

Firestorm

Not enough when you're just starting out. Somewhat essential later when you're doing ridiculous spreads.

Top Bottom