• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

Muku

I finally caught Zapdos. Man that was annoying.. Getting the other two via trade is going to be tough. Esp since I'm OCD on always keeping 1 of each Pokemon, at least for more rare Pokemon anyways. Will have to hope someone wants something less than a legendary. heh

Also started the Poke Radar chain stuff today, this is tough! I keep messing up the chain. Getting a shiny pokemon would help a lot in getting those legendaries.

If you're interested, send me a list of legendaries you need. I tend to try to keep one of each extra around to help folks.

Also, why would you need your Vivillon to be female? Don't breed with a Ditto?

LaNaranja

I am at 702 in the Pokedex. Shiny charm is within arms reach. Then after that comes the pain in the ass of making sure I have the first and second form of every Pokemon to always have in the Pokebank.

lupinko

That would be awesome. I actually just got Thundurus, if you could give me the other two I could repay you with some shiny pokemans.

I'll be online later today like in the evening, but I'm in Japan so if you're in the Americas the time difference is massive.

fc is 4124-5002-7452 and ingame name is Black Mamba.

LaNaranja

I'll be online later today like in the evening, but I'm in Japan so if you're in the Americas the time difference is massive.

Oh ok thanks anyway. I should be able to get them on my own in a bit. I am cloning some legends right now to trade for the remaining legendaries so I shouldn't have too much trouble getting them.

Muku

Oh ok thanks anyway. I should be able to get them on my own in a bit. I am cloning some legends right now to trade for the remaining legendaries so I shouldn't have too much trouble getting them.

I have the other two you're looking for. Can trade now too if you want.

lupinko

Well that worked out for all parties involved.

Anyway I do have excess Lugia, Hooh, Genies and Sinjoh dragons if people want.

And today is the Scizor distro at pokemon centers in Japan.

Muku

Well that worked out for all parties involved.

Anyway I do have excess Lugia, Hooh, Genies and Sinjoh dragons if people want.

And today is the Scizor distro at pokemon centers in Japan.

Scizor this week? Sweet!

Funny enough that Tornadus I just got this morning. Fun to see other folks enjoying PokeRadar too. :)

Edit: You're welcome! :D Always love that you put that phrase on Togepi. Can't help but be happy after seeing that face.

GulAtiCa

If you're interested, send me a list of legendaries you need. I tend to try to keep one of each extra around to help folks.

Also, why would you need your Vivillon to be female? Don't breed with a Ditto?

Thanks! Might take your up your offer.

Needed Vivillon to be female to to breed it easily with Ditto. I assume I can't use a male Vivillon to breed without a female, right? Or can a male Pokemon actually be used to get an offspring of it's own type?

Though for this instance, wouldn't need to breed, as pokemon easy to get normally.

Last call for free Feebas's before I start wonder trading the majority of them!
I'll take it. :)
FC in Profile.

Muku

Needed Vivillon to be female to to breed it easily with Ditto. I assume I can't use a male Vivillon to breed without a female, right? Or can a male Pokemon actually be used to get an offspring of it's own type?

Though for this instance, wouldn't need to breed, as pokemon easy to get normally.

You can breed a Male Pokemon with Ditto to yield offspring that are of the males type. Though I dunno how easily you'll be able to trade off Scatterbugs/Vivillons just as they are. Also depends which Vivillon you have in-game. Though if it's common probably best to leave as Scatterbug and put up, haha.

Edit: By the way, thank you for the shinies as well darth! :D Always love shinies.

Ditto's can breed with anything that can breed. And the offspring becomes the pokemon the ditto bred

Ditto + Female Scatterbug = Scatterbug egg
Ditto + Male Scatterbug = Scatterbug egg
Ditto + Female Vivillon = Scatterbug egg
Ditto + Male Vivillon = Scatterbug egg
Ditto + Zapdos = Nice try, no free legendaries for you.

GulAtiCa

Ditto's can breed with anything that can breed. And the offspring becomes the pokemon the ditto bred

Ditto + Female Scatterbug = Scatterbug egg
Ditto + Male Scatterbug = Scatterbug egg
Ditto + Female Vivillon = Scatterbug egg
Ditto + Male Vivillon = Scatterbug egg
Ditto + Zapdos = Nice try, no free legendaries for you.

HAHAHAHAHAHA

I never knew.... All this time thinking I could only breed female Pokemon with Ditto. Suddenly things are much easier. Esp as I can stop looking for female Pokemon on the GTS/etc. :lol

HAHAHAHAHAHA

I never knew.... All this time thinking I could only breed female Pokemon with Ditto. Suddenly things are much easier. Esp as I can stop looking for female Pokemon on the GTS/etc. :lol

There are a few things to note with breeding that are gender specific.

When trying to breed two different pokemon types that are ditto's, the egg always takes the female pokemon.

Male Garchomp + Female Dragonite = Dratini Egg

Also the Egg inherits the pokeball type of the mother. So if the mother was caught with a Lure Ball, the child will be in a Lure Ball.

Eggs now inherit egg moves from both parents which makes things a lot easier.

one_kill

I did this with my friend a few hours ago. Pick five Pokemon from each region that you'd most want to be given a Mega Evolution. Feel free to add in any ideas you have for the designs.
Sounds fun!

Gen 1
Nidoking
Tentacruel
Golem
Cloyster
Marowak

Gen 2
Feraligatr
Crobat
Donphan
Slowking
Steelix

Gen 3
Shiftry
Exploud
Sableye
Claydol
Metagross

Gen 4
Luxray
Vespiquen
Toxicroak
Dusknoir
Rotom

Gen 5
Heatmor
Excadrill
Krookodile
Escavalier
Bisharp

Gen 6
Pyroar
Gogoat
Pangoro (make it look like a character from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure)
Heliolisk
Hawlucha

lupinko

It looks like Tanabata Jirachi is a typical thing and the last one was given out last year by the Tohoku Pokemon Center.

Which is my local PC, c'mon Nintendo get your announcement in gear so I can better plan my August vacation.

Not that I need anymore Jirachis due to the power of Wishmaker.

Reposting from the Trading Post thread:

I'm looking for a English (NA region) Fall 2010 or Mystery Mew. I have a Wishmaker Jirachi that I'm willing to part with. PM for trade details.

Is there any "best" version? or X and Y are the same?
X and Y are practically the same game, aside from very minor story changes and different Pokémon you can catch. There's generally an enhanced third version that generally is known as the better version, but you can't go wrong with getting either X or Y at this point.

Athreous

Yesterday I tried a 3ds for the first time, with Pokemon X, and I loved it! So I ordered it today and it might arrive at tuesday =D

I'm new to the pokemon world... the last pokemon I played was Blue a long time ago... And I just played it for a few hours...

Yesterday I tried a 3ds for the first time, with Pokemon X, and I loved it! So I ordered it today and it might arrive at tuesday =D

I'm new to the pokemon world... the last pokemon I played was Blue a long time ago... And I just played it for a few hours...

No definitive version, just the usually some stuff in X that aren't in Y and vice versa.

Hey everyone. Just got Pokemon Y last week along with a black 3DS. Very excited to play some games but as of right now, i'm loving every minute of Pokemon Y.

Looking to add some GAF members. Here's my FC!

Eli - 4356-1489-0631

JoeM86

No but calling someone as "lacking originality and creativity" because the sprite is one you've seen a lot is shallow and somewhat insulting to the players who display a great degree of creativity. There's more to a Pokemon than its name and image. That's the beauty of the battle system in this franchise - the level of customization there is past what meets the eye.

I never said that, though the fact that most Talonflame, Kangaskhan, Aegislash etc. are running the same sets, EV spread etc. and that's what I have an issue with.

If someone is using those Pokémon differently, then yay, but they're not for the most part and that's what I have an issue with.

lupinko

I just got my double event Scizor from the Pokemon Center.

Also these are tempting but I didn't buy Snoopy Samurai Blue so I'm gonna resist these too.

3xcyFkF.jpg

But I'm serious with my sports and I've repped Brazil since I was 8 so no go Soccerchu.

Muku

I just got my double event Scizor from the Pokemon Center.

Also these are tempting but I didn't buy Snoopy Samurai Blue so I'm gonna resist these too.

3xcyFkF.jpg

But I'm serious with my sports and I've repped Brazil since I was 8 so no go Soccerchu.

Oh hell, are these in the other PCs now too? Ffffffffffffffffff.

Muku

Should be, since you're near the area you can hit up Snoopy Town Yokohama near the Yokohama PC to get Pikachu's teammate American traitor #1.

X2c645c.jpg

LOL. Damn Snoopy, why you gotta be like that for?

Those Pikachu... damn. I might have to go up there and get one.

Edit: OMG YES! Shiny (Monsoon) Scatterbug!!!!! Not even trying on it LOL. Holy crap and I think it's 6IV.

lupinko

Competitive rejects all 5IVs:

Axew / Premier Ball / adamant / egg moves: Dragon Pulse, Night Slash, Iron Tail
F-rivalry-31/31/31/x/31/31
F-Mold breaker-31/31/31/31/31/x 2x
F-Mold breaker-31/31/x/31/31/31
F-Mold breaker-31/31/31/x/31/31 2x
M-Mold breaker-31/31/31/x/31/31 3x
M-Mold breaker-31/31/31/31/x/31 3x
M-rivalry-x/31/31/31/31/31 2x
F-Mold breaker-31/31/31/31/x/31
M-rivalry-31/31/31/x/31/31 2x (one has recovered pokerus)
M-rivalry-31/31/x/31/31/31
F-rivalry-31/31/x/31/31/31
M-Mold breaker-31/x/31/31/31/31
M-Mold breaker-x/31/31/31/31/31 2x (one has pokerus)
F-Mold breaker-x/31/31/31/31/31 pokerus

I don't know why I bothered since it doesn't even use these moves ever. Lol

Starly / dream ball / jolly / reckless / egg moves: astonish, steel wing, double-edge, roost
F-31/31/31/31/31/x 2x
M-31/x/31/31/31/31 2x
F-31/x/31/31/31/31 5x
M-31/31/31/31/x/31 2x
F-31/31/31/31/x/31 2x
F-31/31/31/x/31/31
F-x/31/31/31/31/31
M-31/31/31/31/31/x

Haxorus / f / premier ball / adamant / Mold breaker / level 50 / earthquake, dragon claw, dragon dance, rock slide
*has egg moves but was used for breeding
31/31/31/31/31/x

Same thing, I'll accept anything but if you have any competitive mons with egg moves I can breed (maybe in fancy balls if female like premier or dream) then that would be good too.

Just looking to give these pokes a new home.

That or they all get euthanized err released free!

Edit: congrats Muku!

Muku

That or they all get euthanized err released free!

Edit: congrats Muku!

Thank you! Totally unexpected. Just breeding a few more to replace ones I traded over, as I like to keep a full box of Scatters on hand to trade to my ENG copies. Fact he is 6IV is just freaking amazing. First shiny in my JPN copy. Don't even have charm or anything yet.

And that line there had me cracking up. Though in my mind "euthanize" to me in Pokemon world has me standing at PC in day care releasing hordes of Pokemon into the wild.

Edit: I bet there is a freaking army of Ponyta tribes running around in fields around there...

Firestorm

I never said that, though the fact that most Talonflame, Kangaskhan, Aegislash etc. are running the same sets, EV spread etc. and that's what I have an issue with.

If someone is using those Pokémon differently, then yay, but they're not for the most part and that's what I have an issue with.
I would definitely disagree with the statement that those are all the same...

Protect vs Fake Out on Kangaskhan has been an interesting discussion as has Hammer Arm vs Power Up Punch. I used to be firmly in the Hammer Arm camp but I think I've come around to the PUP side. There's also bulky Kang vs fast Kang.

For Talonflame, everything outside Flare Blitz and Brave Bird seem to be up for grabs. I've seen Taunt, Tailwind, Quick Guard, Protect, Roost... Also Choice Band vs Life Orb and its utility on Trick Room vs Rain vs Blitz and whatever else even if a lot of players seem to be firmly in the "Talonflame sucks" camp.

Aegislash is usually the standard Quiet with 0 speed, Leftovers, and Flash Cannon / Shadow Ball / Substitute / King's Shield but it wasn't too long ago that people were using it commonly with Weakness Policy and often a physical set. Heck I remember discussions about Protect vs King's Shield for a brief time. There is also a very cool EV spread that a few friends were talking about I think that was inspired by a Japanese team that did well recently that might change the way people approach building their swords going into Nats.

I mean obviously I also disagree that someone using a Pokemon with the standard build is bad because I think the decisions a person makes during a battle are just as important if not more than the team they're using and because the same build can have a vastly different purpose depending on the team and player but that's a separate point.

lupinko

I'm just SRing my Event pokes.

So far:

X
Pokemon Center battle championship Gyarados - jolly / intimidate female
Pokemon Center battle championship Scizor - adamant / technician male

Y
Pokemon Center Scizor - adamant / technician female
Corocoro Charizard - adamant / blaze male

The males will be for easier breeding since they have pretty good moves, and I'll get to my Movie Darkrai soon. I really wish I just took the PC female Gengar when I saw it, now it's only coming up male sigh.

Still have a PCBC Gyarados and Scizor for Y, PC Gengar as well. For X, PC Scizor and Gengar.

I don't have y up to Kiloude so I'd have to rely on psypokes IV calculator, for my first try, lol.

Possible IVs:
DARKRAI jolly
Base Stat Range Possible IVs
HP 70 130 - 145 0 - 1
Attack 90 95 - 110 30 - 31
Defense 90 95 - 110 30 - 31
Spec. Attack x0.9 135 126 - 139 30 - 31
Spec. Defense 90 95 - 110 30 - 31
Speed x1.1 125 143 - 159 6 - 7

I'm going for Timid tho.

Muku

Well, restarted Y this evening for a better Vivillon pattern. Got Sandstorm in it now, so hope to be able to get breeding for them soon.

lupinko

Anyone got a Shelgon Safari? I'd like to breed a Salamence with HA, so either a Shelgon with overcoat or Bagon with sheer force. Female in a premier ball too if possible. ^^;

I have those Axews and Starlys for trade and a truckfull of Sinjoh Dragons and Genies and Lugia and Hoohs.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
Anyone got a Shelgon Safari? I'd like to breed a Salamence with HA, so either a Shelgon with overcoat or Bagon with sheer force. Female in a premier ball too if possible. ^^;

I have those Axews and Starlys for trade and a truckfull of Sinjoh Dragons and Genies and Lugia and Hoohs.
I think I do. Let me check.

EDIT: Yep.

LaNaranja

Congrats!!!

I'd say breed for shinies. ;)

How long does it typically take? I have been going at it for a while now trying to get a shiny Machop with no luck :(

I also have a horrible fear that by the time I finally get it it will be missing either the attack or speed IVs. D:

Top Bottom