• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

Wichu

I've been messing about with a Grassy Terrain team in Triples. Assault Vest Gogoat too strong.

Also for some reason I thought Gogoat was Grass / Normal this entire time. Guess I should get rid of Return then.

lupinko

Are those the ones farmed from Dream Radar? I'm interested, since I only have Black 2 and X : )

Sadly I don't have much interesting left to give you X D

Did you want the ones I already have or did you want me to generate new ones with your OT name/gender? (Providing it is not more than 7 characters).

I think I do. Let me check.

EDIT: Yep.

Yay, that's great.

And for my Landorus situation, I think I'll just dream radar another for myself or just finally catch it in my White cart so I can give it MT in W2.

Competitive rejects all 5IVs:

Axew / Premier Ball / adamant / egg moves: Dragon Pulse, Night Slash, Iron Tail
F-rivalry-31/31/31/x/31/31
F-Mold breaker-31/31/31/31/31/x 2x
F-Mold breaker-31/31/x/31/31/31
F-Mold breaker-31/31/31/x/31/31 2x
M-Mold breaker-31/31/31/x/31/31 3x
M-Mold breaker-31/31/31/31/x/31 3x
M-rivalry-x/31/31/31/31/31 2x
F-Mold breaker-31/31/31/31/x/31
M-rivalry-31/31/31/x/31/31 2x (one has recovered pokerus)
M-rivalry-31/31/x/31/31/31
F-rivalry-31/31/x/31/31/31
M-Mold breaker-31/x/31/31/31/31
M-Mold breaker-x/31/31/31/31/31 2x (one has pokerus)
F-Mold breaker-x/31/31/31/31/31 pokerus

I don't know why I bothered since it doesn't even use these moves ever. Lol

Starly / dream ball / jolly / reckless / egg moves: astonish, steel wing, double-edge, roost
F-31/31/31/31/31/x 2x
M-31/x/31/31/31/31 2x
F-31/x/31/31/31/31 5x
M-31/31/31/31/x/31 2x
F-31/31/31/31/x/31 2x
F-31/31/31/x/31/31
F-x/31/31/31/31/31
M-31/31/31/31/31/x

Haxorus / f / premier ball / adamant / Mold breaker / level 50 / earthquake, dragon claw, dragon dance, rock slide
*has egg moves but was used for breeding
31/31/31/31/31/x

Same thing, I'll accept anything but if you have any competitive mons with egg moves I can breed (maybe in fancy balls if female like premier or dream) then that would be good too.

Just looking to give these pokes a new home.

That or they all get euthanized err released free!

Edit: congrats Muku!

I'll take one of the bolded please!

FC is 2320-6152-0406 and IGN is Nick.

GulAtiCa

Really like the Wonder Trade. Makes dealing with too many Pokemon due to breeding much easier and better. Currently breeding Eevees for a potential shiny hunt. Now instead of letting them go I can give them to a good home. Others seem to have the same idea, just got a lv 1 Bulbasaur.

Funniest trade yet is trading my lv 1 Eevee for someone else lv 1 Eevee. :lol

Muku

How long does it typically take? I have been going at it for a while now trying to get a shiny Machop with no luck :(

I also have a horrible fear that by the time I finally get it it will be missing either the attack or speed IVs. D:

Depends. I've had a couple projects take a month or more. Some maybe an hour or two. Like Ponyta and Piplup I spent at least a month on each. But something like Honedge I got in 60 eggs. It's a crapshoot, but it's best way to get the shinies of what you want with decent enough IVs.

Right now on Pichu, and even though it has a shorter hatch rate, still no closer and probably somewhere in middle of two weeks closing in on three on trying to get it. Though don't have as much time as I have with some past ones to go at it either.

Some do come out not quite like you want. Though just because it's not Outstanding in stat you want, IV calculator it. It might not be too bad. I know my first shiny Charmander I finally got to pop out was Adamant... and 31/x/31/31/31/31. Was heart breaking. And while he's not perfect, I'll deal with it because calculator lists his x at 17 or 18. Not the worst thing ever. Just not perfect, but I'll try him to see how it works.

Are you breeding with a 6IV Ditto? What is the IV of the Machop you're using?

Oh wow, an Eevee with Charm egg move from WT. So keeping this one as a breeder for fast sylveons

edit: OOH that gives me a new project to do later. Eevees with Charm in a Luxury Ball!

edit2: OOH dive ball female lapras with Ancient Power, Freeze-Dry, Dragon Pulse...WT is loving me today

LaNaranja

Well, with that you should hopefully end up with something pretty good, even if stat you want isn't max. Odds are in your favor they won't be 0 at least.

Got it! :D

And of course speed was the only IV that wasn't perfect :/ Anyway it ended up with 26 IVs in speed which gave him 104 speed once at level 50 (with 252 EVs). That speed coupled with the Choice Scarf lets very few things out run it. I still need to level it up a bit more to get Dynamic Punch but the stats at level 50 are looking really good.

2634560-2014-05-19-214505.jpg

2634561-2014-05-19-214702.jpg

2634562-2014-05-19-235736.jpg

Edit: And in my excitement I forgot to breed Ice Punch onto him :p. What do you guys think the chances are of move tutors coming back in Alpha & Omega? I don't mind waiting a few months for him to properly be able to smash Dragons and Grass Pokemon.

I think you can rest assured that there will be move tutors for the elemental punches available again at some point.

In the meanwhile I got a Mewtwo that I think is a keeper:

Mewtwo
Timid
31/8/31/28/31/31
In a Master ball(because I'm lazy)

Did you want the ones I already have or did you want me to generate new ones with your OT name/gender? (Providing it is not more than 7 characters).

I was thinking your initial stock, but the new ones sound enticing.

How does that work though, selecting your name and gender? Is it just starting a new Dream Radar file?

If it's not a bother, "Vincent" (although funnilIy haven't had a chance to use my IRL name as a trainer name for ages) and Male would be ace : D

lupinko

I was thinking your initial stock, but the new ones sound enticing.

How does that work though, selecting your name and gender? Is it just starting a new Dream Radar file?

If it's not a bother, "Vincent" (although funnilIy haven't had a chance to use my IRL name as a trainer name for ages) and Male would be ace : D

Yeah I just start a new game over and over for my B2 cart pretty much.

Yeah I just start a new game over and over for my B2 cart pretty much.

Ah I see : )

Do any of these interest you? Most of them are unstarted breeding projects (omg, where's my time?!) so may have sucky IVs. Will aim for females where possible.

No HAs
Dive Ball Feebas, Bold, Haze, Dragon Pulse, Mirror Coat, Hypnosis
Quick Ball Honedge, Brave, Metal Sound, Shadow Sneak, Wide Guard, Destiny Bond

HAs
Nest Ball Chespin, Adamant, Quick Guard, Synthesis, Curse, Spikes (oops, need to send one to Mother Green)
Luxury Ball Fennekin, (Nature Undecided), Heat Wave, Magic Coat, Hypnosis, Wish
Next Ball Scatterbug (Garden), Timid, Rage Powder

lupinko

Ah I see : )

Do any of these interest you? Most of them are unstarted breeding projects (omg, where's my time?!) so may have sucky IVs. Will aim for females where possible.

No HAs
Dive Ball Feebas, Bold, Haze, Dragon Pulse, Mirror Coat, Hypnosis
Quick Ball Honedge, Brave, Metal Sound, Shadow Sneak, Wide Guard, Destiny Bond

HAs
Nest Ball Chespin, Adamant, Quick Guard, Synthesis, Curse, Spikes (oops, need to send one to Mother Green)
Luxury Ball Fennekin, (Nature Undecided), Heat Wave, Magic Coat, Hypnosis, Wish
Next Ball Scatterbug (Garden), Timid, Rage Powder

I'll take one of each male for breeding purposes, hell another freebas too since I want to do two separate sets for Milotic.

Macka

I've just started trying to complete my Pokedex again after a few months break. In the last 5 hours I've managed to hunt down around ~100 Pokemon so I'm making good progress.

Currently sitting at 515/719. The end is in sight! That shiny charm will be mine!

Wichu

Just battled someone with three Fire-types on his team (while using my mostly Grass team).

He lead with all three Fire-types. I led with Archeops. <3 free triple KOs.

GulAtiCa

I'm way way way way off from completing the National Pokedex and getting the Shiny Charm. But does anyone know which Pokemon actually don't count? I read that event Pokemon isn't counted, but never saw a list of which event Pokemon aren't needed.

Oh, and yesterday I caught Zygarde after using false-swipe with 1 Dust Ball. Given the look of the Pokemon, kinda a fitting Pokeball choice. heh. I kinda assume I was really lucky with first Dust Ball or this legendary had high catch rate then normal. Zapdos took me a while to catch.

I'm way way way way off from completing the National Pokedex and getting the Shiny Charm. But does anyone know which Pokemon actually don't count? I read that event Pokemon isn't counted, but never saw a list of which event Pokemon aren't needed.

Oh, and yesterday I caught Zygarde after using false-swipe with 1 Dust Ball. Given the look of the Pokemon, kinda a fitting Pokeball choice. heh. I kinda assume I was really lucky with first Dust Ball or this legendary had high catch rate then normal. Zapdos took me a while to catch.

Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Deoxys, Shaymin, Darkrai, Arceus, Victini, Keldeo, Genesect, Meloetta, Manaphy, Phione

Those aren't needed for Shiny Charm.

Phew... just accepted a passerby battle while I was taking a break during breeding.

First reaction: What the heck is a Genesect? *Tries to look it up as my Pokemon get slaughtered* Two Pokemon down and I start to panic (and my internet threatens to die), but then the info appears.

Later I'm 4 down and the opponent has 4 left. Okay, I'm probably not going to win this, but I ain't giving up. Then my paralysed Milotic proceeds to floor the opponent's remaining 4 (including Lugia, Palkia and Yveltal) thanks to Marvel Scale and Scald.

Dude... I can't wait until I run a proper defensive Milotic build (instead of my offensive one) X D

Macka

Fuck Pokemon Bank, seriously.

Almost every time I try to use it, it will randomly disconnect during the saving process and everything I'll have done will be reset. I just want to organise my living dex ffs. ;_;

Fuck Pokemon Bank, seriously.

Almost every time I try to use it, it will randomly disconnect during the saving process and everything I'll have done will be reset. I just want to organise my living dex ffs. ;_;

The 3DS has a kinda bad wireless adapter. It's actually not that it's fucking up as you save, but rather that, at some point BEFORE you saved, it disconnected. If you set your boxes up and save much more frequently, you'll find that the issue doesn't arise nearly as much. Alternatively, move closer to your access point.
If your connection gets too weak for even a second, when you go to save later it will error out.

onslack

I've spent the past week or more ( I've lost count how long its been ) searching for a Sudowoodo with its HA in a trevenant horde...still cant find one....

But I find a shiny Trevenant only to kill it by mistake! F.M.L!!!

GAF have mercy on my HA hunting soul!

Wichu

I've spent the past week or more ( I've lost count how long its been ) searching for a Sudowoodo with its HA in a trevenant horde...still cant find one....

It probably had an awful nature/IVs anyway :(

also Triple Battles are awesome. Triple targeting is hilarious (pro-tip: if you're playing a Trick Room team, don't put your Trick Room user in the middle spot).

If it helps any, I used an Audio with Simple Beam to target Nidoran&#9792; to scout its ability. Most of the time it wasn't what I wanted to so I ran away instead of fighting the horde. I spent about 40 minutes with this approach to capture a hidden ability Nidoran&#9792;.

Tacoparty

Neo Member
Hi all, just picked up a 3ds and pokemon X. Beat the game not too long ago, and i'd like to start breeding/getting shinies. Does anyone have a 4-5-6 IV ditto i can have to start? I don't have much, minus a shiny wynaut lvl 100 that i got from a wonder trade. If anyone can spare one my FC: 1993-9172-0480

Kyzer

Banned
If it helps any, I used an Audio with Simple Beam to target Nidoran&#9792; to scout its ability. Most of the time it wasn't what I wanted to so I ran away instead of fighting the horde. I spent about 40 minutes with this approach to capture a hidden ability Nidoran&#9792;.

...I must do exactly this.

Hey does anyone know if power up punch is affected by sheer force?

Muku

Aww sorry to hear that onslack. :(

I caught one a few weeks ago in a horde. Ghost tree is awesome. One I have now is just in my shiny Pokedex. Plan on breeding one specifically for IVs though to be an awesome usable one.

I've done a Pokebank transfer of all my Pokemon to my copy of Y. I think it only lists my Pokedex at being 450 something. I'm assuming that is just total for the Kalos dexes? Just wondering if when I get to point national dex opens up or whatever, I'd have to transfer them back to the game then back in bank. Was hoping to complete dex early on just to be done with it.

EDIT: Also have a few things to trade....

x4 Monsoon Scatterbug (3 Female, 1 Male) ~ Compound Eyes ~ 31/31/31/31/31/31
x1 Shiny Ditto ~ 31/31/31/31/31/31
x1 Shiny Eevee ~ 31/X/X/X/31/X

Shiny Ditto and Shiny Eevee : Only trading for other shinies.

How big is your shiny dex anyways?

I only have like...5 or 6 shinies...

Then again I'm not really looking for shinies. Just working on getting a kalos born living dex lol.

Muku

How big is your shiny dex anyways?

I only have like...5 or 6 shinies...

Then again I'm not really looking for shinies. Just working on getting a kalos born living dex lol.

Little over 100, but I'm probably going to end up replacing some over time with breeding and all. (Since a lot of them aren't Kalos born. And some are of unknown orgins. Or just straight up hacked or whatever with 6IV shiny legendaries.)

Edit; would have had more if I didn't get rid of a bunch of shinies a while back I got off GTS. I hadn't intended at time to do a shiny dex, but then I finished my dex and needed a new goal, LOL

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual

x1 Shiny Giratina 31/31/31/31/31/31
x1 Shiny Suicune

May I have the Suicune and Giratina? :) Or just the Giratina if I don't want to be greedy...

Muku

May I have the Suicune and Giratina? :) Or just the Giratina if I don't want to be greedy...

Up to you. Trying to think which 3DS I've you registered on. (Replaying Y on my main one at moment so will check in a moment.)

Edit: You might be on my main one since I don't see you on my secondary one. Mind adding my secondary one if you don't already have it? It's in my profile listed in FC area. Also, let me know when you're ready to trade.

You're welcome. :)

Ok...time to see how many pokemon are in my Kalos living dex. Only things not kalos born are legendaries/events.

536 in the living dex.

Breeding a team eats up so much time which can be spent getting a kalos living dex lol. If I included my no kalos born (LG/Pearl/BW2 transfers) then I would easily make a living dex, but thats too easy lol. (The number probably will add up to 1100)

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
Up to you. Trying to think which 3DS I've you registered on. (Replaying Y on my main one at moment so will check in a moment.)

Edit: You might be on my main one since I don't see you on my secondary one. Mind adding my secondary one if you don't already have it? It's in my profile listed in FC area.
Yep. Stuck in a Chateau battle right now that should be over in about a minute.

EDIT: Thanks, Muku!! :) Up to 651 now -- a mostly living dex.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
So pokemon level stats differently based on the type of pokemon you fight?

How do you even get a perfect IV/EV/whatever pokemon?

LaNaranja

I named my shiny Machop "Lou Ferrigno" back in the day.

That is pretty awesome.

Is that a clone of the Shiny Ditto I traded you? If so nice to see it get reproduced and shared with the world. :) I had hoped to be able to use it competitively but it doesn't have the HA :(

Top Bottom