• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

LaNaranja

Welp I have decided to work on a Meditite as my next shiny. I have never used a competitive Medicham so what do you guys think of Psycho Cut, Drain Punch, Ice Punch, and Thunder Punch?

Finally got it and it has 0 HP :( And whats worse is that the one that came out immediately after the shiny had all 6 perfect IVs. :'(

2636168-2014-05-23-234731.jpg

0/31/31/xx/31/31. :/

Muku

Finally got it and it has 0 HP :( And whats worse is that the one that came out immediately after the shiny had all 6 perfect IVs. :'(

2636168-2014-05-23-234731.jpg

0/31/31/xx/31/31. :/

Sorry to hear that. Know how that goes though. ;_; RNG Gods hatin' on ya hard core. I mean, 0? Ouch. :( She is beautiful though. Should try her to see how she fairs anyway.

Semajer

Has there been any news on another way to get the Pokeball Vivillion? I'm not going to be able to get one from the Paris Pokecentre, and I doubt you'll be able to trade them on the GTS.

The Fancy pattern should be easy enough to get, so the Pokeball design will be the last one I need.

Macka

Got my Shiny Charm last night and started working on a shiny Vulpix. About ~250 eggs later and...

A9u1STP.png

IV's: 31/31/31/17/31/31.

Shame about the Special Attack but oh well. You can't see it since I took the picture from the box, but I hatched her in a Dive Ball because I think it suits shiny Ninetales. :)

This is my fifth Shiny in Y! Here are my others.

Corsola and Sawsbuck are Friend Safari shinies, while Charizard and Absol were happy accidents. Next up is Umbreon! I wish I could have it in a Moon Ball, it's seriously perfect for it. ;_;

Moonball_.jpg

Wichu

I have no idea WTF happened here: GKCG-WWWW-WWW7-YDL7

Sableye with Speed EVs on a Trick Room team? Max Speed Timid Shieldon? JAPAN, Y U SO CRAZY

Man, got totally wrecked in VGC. Obviously having no time to practice and completing your battle team 2 hours beforehand didn't help much.

Had loads of fun though; although the event took way too long and I decided to drop out halfway through so I could relax back at hack.

Also, pretty sure I passed Joe from Serebii (I was GamerGuides/Vinny if you noticed/that was you, but there were so many people I couldn't find his actual person.

Can anyone pass me a Moltres in the next hour? It's one of three Pokemon I need to complete the entire Kalos dex (For Caught!). Outside of that I just need to evolve Vanillish and Mammoswine (Already got the Ancient power on him), so I'm really anxious to get this Moltres.
Stupid Pal Park not liking my clock. >:O

Macka

Can anyone pass me a Moltres in the next hour? It's one of three Pokemon I need to complete the entire Kalos dex (For Caught!). Outside of that I just need to evolve Vanillish and Mammoswine (Already got the Ancient power on him), so I'm really anxious to get this Moltres.
Stupid Pal Park not liking my clock. >:O
I can show you a Moltres. I'll be online in a sec, you still have my FC right?

Finally caved and bought a 2DS + Pokémon X. Still getting used to all the new fancy stuff, the last Pokémon game I played was Sapphire (can't wait for the remake). Really digging it so far, though. I'll sub.

My friend code's 2595 - 2150 - 0338, feel free to add me if you want to. And if anyone has a spare Larvitar for me, I would be forever grateful. :lol

Kalos Dex complete~!

This is officially the first time I've ever managed to fill out any Pokedex. It feels SO DAMN GOOD! Now to start working on what I can of the National Dex haha. I have Pearl, Fire Red, and Black 2 so it should be at least a fairly good chunk.

I love the bank so much. It's always funny when I'm trading with someone, and I can see all of their full ass boxes, and then I've only got any Pokemon in like, 3 boxes. :D

Macka

I love the bank so much. It's always funny when I'm trading with someone, and I can see all of their full ass boxes, and then I've only got any Pokemon in like, 3 boxes. :D
I only really store my living dex and trade stock on bank, I still have heaps of Pokemon in-game. Mainly competitive Pokemon or parents with good IV's because I can't be bothered using Bank every time I need to breed. I've also mentioned my issues with Bank lol - I have to be as quick as possible when using it or I'll get an error. :/

Macka

I'm nearly ready to start my shiny Umbreon quest.

Just finalizing the egg moves I want it to have, which has been a little tricky. I'm hatching Eevee's with Yawn and Curse at the moment, and once I hatch a female I'll breed it with my Vaporeon to get Wish as well. I've settled on a Luxury Ball since the Moon Ball isn't an option. :/

Macka

I've added you, Macka. Not sure how this whole online trading thing works, so if you don't mind, you'll need to walk me through it. :D
All you need to do is connect online in your game. On the bottom screen you can switch between three different options. Look for the one that has a blue bar at the top with the Wifi symbol, and click on it to connect. Then I'll see you and ask you to trade.

All you need to do is connect online in your game. On the bottom screen you can switch between three different options. Look for the one that has a blue bar at the top with the Wifi symbol, and click on it to connect. Then I'll see you and ask you to trade.

Sweet, a Larvitar. Thanks Macka!

Are you Kenneth?

EDIT: Sorry for the triple! post. :/

Yep thought I changed my name to Blue Ninja but it doesn't seem to show everywhere.

No problem dude, enjoy the Larvitar!

I will!

Is there someone called Miguel here, who asked me to trade? Not sure what he wanted though. He offered a level 20 Butterfree knock-off first, so I jokingly offered a Pansage, but when he refused I decided to cancel the trade, right as he offers up a level 1 Torchic instead.

I'm nearly ready to start my shiny Umbreon quest.

Just finalizing the egg moves I want it to have, which has been a little tricky. I'm hatching Eevee's with Yawn and Curse at the moment, and once I hatch a female I'll breed it with my Vaporeon to get Wish as well. I've settled on a Luxury Ball since the Moon Ball isn't an option. :/

I can try and hook you up with a Moon Ball Eevee if you want. TBH I'm kind of interested in one myself.

Wichu

So this battle: K9NW-WWWW-WWW7-YG96

Turn 2. I... uhhh... what? I did not think Sceptile was that bulky.

...And neither does Pokémon Showdown. 252 Atk Aerilate Mega Pinsir Return vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Sceptile:
366-432 (250.6 - 295.8%)
. WTF is going on.

Nevermind, it probably didn't have max happiness. Derp.

Macka

I can try and hook you up with a Moon Ball Eevee if you want. TBH I'm kind of interested in one myself.
I just realized yesterday that there's no legit way to get a Moon Ball Eevee. You can't catch Eevee's in the wild in HG/SS and the Moon Ball can only be obtained in that game. :/

Macka

I will!

Is there someone called Miguel here, who asked me to trade? Not sure what he wanted though. He offered a level 20 Butterfree knock-off first, so I jokingly offered a Pansage, but when he refused I decided to cancel the trade, right as he offers up a level 1 Torchic instead.
Probably just a random. The bottom row of people are complete strangers. Middle row is anyone you've interacted with but haven't added their FC and top row is people you've added.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
Is there anyone on right now who can show me the following:

356. Dusclops
402. Kricketune
431. Glameow
477. Dusknoir
604. Eelektross
647. Keldeo

That's all I need to have seen a full National Dex. :)

LaNaranja

Sorry to hear that. Know how that goes though. ;_; RNG Gods hatin' on ya hard core. I mean, 0? Ouch. :( She is beautiful though. Should try her to see how she fairs anyway.

She has been doing alright. She can survive one hit as long as it isn't super effective and she hits super hard too. I'm thinking of switching Drain Punch to High Jump Kick though seeing as how she doesn't have enough health to make the former very useful.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
Thanks! Now I just need to see the following:

356. Dusclops
402. Kricketune
431. Glameow
604. Eelektross
647. Keldeo

Any help from anyone would be greatly appreciated. :)

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
Fuck. Your Kricketune knows Cut, so it won't let me trade it back. Do you mind if I go to the Move Deleter quick or whatever he's called?

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
Done. Trading back now. Thank you!!

And a huge thanks to Macka again. National Dex is now complete. And I'm only 70ish pokemon away from a Living Dex now!

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
ARGH. There are 6 that I haven't actually obtained, just seen. Trying to figure out what they are now. SO CLOSE. This is frustrating.

211. Qwilfish
230. Kingdra
461. Weavile
473. Mamoswine
583. Vanillish
584. Vanilluxe

I have to go back to work now though. I'll figure out how to get/see those later.

What a fakeout.

ARGH. There are 6 that I haven't actually obtained, just seen. Trying to figure out what they are now. SO CLOSE. This is frustrating.

211. Qwilfish
230. Kingdra
461. Weavile
473. Mamoswine
583. Vanillish
584. Vanilluxe

Ok, let me grab those while I'm in the bank

Macka

That happened to me too Weapxn. :/ I thought I was done like three times lol.

Anyway, I'm done with the egg moves and Masuda breeding for shiny Eevee has begun!

GulAtiCa

Moltres get! All that is left is Articuno. With Yveltal in possession, I no longer need to get Pokemon Y. I'll continue to offer up Vivillon for the legendaries, even after I get Articuno. Will be a good idea for future in getting other legendaries from past games as well as forward thinking so for the next games down the road I have something good to offer.

Think I'll get Pokemon White or Black eventually. I previously played through Black 2 before I transferred my Pokemon X game and sold it off. So playing through Black/White 1 will give me a chance to get the legendaries from there. Also, that way I can eventually get HeartGold so that I can then transfer those Pokemon to White 1 and then to X.

Of course, getting more legendaries from Vivillon trades will of course make the above not really necessary.

Trust me, evolving at least a bunch of them now, whenever convenient, helps a lot when going for the gold.

Oh yeah. I still plan to catch and evolve all Pokemon. I'm just currently skipping Pokemon who's entire evolution line I've seen. Still evolving or catching/etc other Pokemon to get their line seen. Will of course come in handy when I eventually transfer these Pokemon to the next gen series. (not sure I'll transfer to Ruby 3DS/etc or use those Pokemon to transfer to X)

Macka

Umm...well that was almost too fast. Less than three boxes.

B2v8jtt.png

4/31/31/31/31/31. Lame HP but whatever, I never expect my shinies to be competitive.

Top Bottom