• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

MegaMelon

I won't bother with another picture but I hatched a shiny Froakie in around 80 eggs a few hours ago. I'm getting too damn lucky with this shiny charm...I've gotten three shinies in less than 24 hours! Ridiculous lol.

The Froakie has Torrent. :/

31/12/31/31/31/25

Oh God, don't get me started on Froakie. I had to wait until my third shiny froakie for it to be protean. It was worth it though, it turned out 31/xx/31/31/31/31! I'd advise you to keep going if you really want it ;)

Ok pokégaf, time to retribute your kindness to me when I started playing.

I have the following pokés to give away, most with excellent IVs, nature or egg moves.

If anyone is interested you can give anything back, but I REALLY NEED a Scyther/Scyzor with Defog/Knock Of/Bug Bite (so I can breed these moves to competitive ones) which is only possible to get on B2W2. Also, I would appreaciate if anyone could get me a spare Blazikenite, Charizarite X and Tyranitarite.

If anyone could get one of those for me that would be wonderful, anyway here they are:

7x Impish Ferroseed - Iron Barbs (Has Stealth Rocks and Leech Seeds)
31/X/31/31/31/31
31/X/31/31/31/31
31/31/X/31/31/31
31/31/31/31/31/X
31/31/31/31/31/X
X/31/31/31/31/31
31/31/31/31/X/31

1x Relaxed Ferroseed - Iron Barbs (Has Stealth Rocks and Leech Seeds)
31/X/31/31/31/31

1x Sassy Ferroseed - Iron Barbs (move relearner to get Leech Seed/Stealth Rocks)
31/31/31/31/X/31

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4x Jolly Kanghaskan - Scrappy
X/X/31/31/X/X
X/X/31/31/X/31
31/X/31/31/X/31
31/X/31/31/X/31

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4x Adamant Torchic - Speed Boost (Has Baton Pass)
31/31/31/X/31/X
31/X/31/X/31/31
31/31/31/31/X/31
31/31/X/31/31/31

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1X Impish Froakie - Protean
X/31/31/31/31/31

1X Timid Froakie - Protean
X/31/31/31/31/31

1X Lax Froakie - Protean
31/31/31/X/31/31

1X Careful Froakie - Protean
X/31/31/31/31/31

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2x Adamant Marill - Huge Power (Has Belly Drum, Body Slam, Water Sport, Aqua Jet)
31/31/31/31/31/X
X/31/31/31/X/31

5x Adamant Marill - Thick Fat (Has Belly Drum, Body Slam, Water Sport, Aqua Jet)
31/31/X/31/31/31
X/31/31/X/31/31
X/31/31/31/31/31
31/X/31/31/31/31
X/31/31/31/31/31

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dozens of Impish Gligar - Immunity
They all have god IVs, didn't bother to check them

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5x Jolly Dratini - Marvel Scale (Has Dragon Dance and Extreme Speed)
They all have god IVs, didn't bother to check them

Hey, I'd love a Torchic if you still have one available. Only just started out playing, so I don't really have anything good to give in return, though.

My friend code is 2595 - 2150 - 0338, feel free to add me. The wireless internet in my student pad is sketchy, though, so I'll probably only be able to get online on Wednesday again.

What I really want is a Mudkip, but I don't suppose those are widely available. :lol

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
One last plea: Can anyone show me a Kingdra today? I'll send it right back. It's the only Pokemon I need to "obtain" to get a Shiny Charm.

Does anyone have an HA Swirlix? Nature, IVs, ball, etc. don't matter. I just want to get ahold of one with Unburden. I could dig up some breeding rejects in exchange. I have HA Espurrs (including a 6IV male) at the moment if that's of interest.

One last plea: Can anyone show me a Kingdra today? I'll send it right back. It's the only Pokemon I need to "obtain" to get a Shiny Charm.

I can. You around now?

Does anyone have an HA Swirlix? Nature, IVs, ball, etc. don't matter. I just want to get ahold of one with Unburden. I could dig up some breeding rejects in exchange. I have HA Espurrs (including a 6IV male) at the moment if that's of interest.

I have HA Swirlix. Got a male I don't mind parting with (Adamant, 5 IVs missing Attack and has Belly Drum) or I can breed you a female.

Funnily enough, I have a 6 IV male Espurr (or two, even).

I have HA Swirlix. Got a male I don't mind parting with (Adamant, 5 IVs missing Attack and has Belly Drum) or I can breed you a female.

Funnily enough, I have a 6 IV male Espurr (or two, even).

Afraid apart from Espurr, I only have Goomy, Togepi, Cottonee, and toxic spikes Skrelp hanging around. If you'd like any of them, I'd appreciate any HA Swirlix. (I don't mind doing the breeding work myself.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
Shiny Charm obtained! :) Thank you all for your help.

I've got less than 100 left to have a Living Dex, and then I think I may start a shiny hunt.

Afraid apart from Espurr, I only have Goomy, Togepi, Cottonee, and toxic spikes Skrelp hanging around. If you'd like any of them, I'd appreciate any HA Swirlix. (I don't mind doing the breeding work myself.

Togepi sounds fun : )

Just warning you I might take a while to trade. For some reason, I have three pending trades not including this one.

EDIT

Are you Jaime? I'm GamerGuides.

ChrisD

Does anyone have a Hidden Ability Poliwag? I've looked elsewhere online, but I don't really care to try GameFAQs. (Can't trade right now, but figured asking doesn't hurt!) I could even breed it 'til another shows up then send it back if need be.

Want to make a team with Maractus as a focal point, and have decided that a rain team is basically the only thing it's going to work on. Thinking Politoed for the rain, Mega Ampharos to get the flying-types, and maybe a Dual Screener to set up Light Screen for it (since Cotton Guard covers the Defense).

Only issue is, the poor thing wouldn't have any way to heal up other than weak ol' Giga Drain... Then again I'm trying to make Maractus work, there's going to be issues. =p

Syntsui

Hey, I'd love a Torchic if you still have one available. Only just started out playing, so I don't really have anything good to give in return, though.

My friend code is 2595 - 2150 - 0338, feel free to add me. The wireless internet in my student pad is sketchy, though, so I'll probably only be able to get online on Wednesday again.

What I really want is a Mudkip, but I don't suppose those are widely available. :lol

Sure, I'm usualy online between 23pm-01pm GMT -3. I will add you when a get home.

Does anyone have a Hidden Ability Poliwag? I've looked elsewhere online, but I don't really care to try GameFAQs. (Can't trade right now, but figured asking doesn't hurt!) I could even breed it 'til another shows up then send it back if need be.

Want to make a team with Maractus as a focal point, and have decided that a rain team is basically the only thing it's going to work on. Thinking Politoed for the rain, Mega Ampharos to get the flying-types, and maybe a Dual Screener to set up Light Screen for it (since Cotton Guard covers the Defense).

Only issue is, the poor thing wouldn't have any way to heal up other than weak ol' Giga Drain... Then again I'm trying to make Maractus work, there's going to be issues. =p

There is a Poliwag horde in Pokemon Village. Just get a pokemon with an ability changing move to find the one with its HA.

Wichu

I ran Yache Berry Maractus on my team in gen 5. Switch in on a Water move, absorb the Ice Beam, and KO + restore your HP with Giga Drain. Fun times.

ChrisD

There is a Poliwag horde in Pokemon Village. Just get a pokemon with an ability changing move to find the one with its HA.

Ah, sweet, didn't know about this!

Many thanks!

The Berry set sounds fun... May need to make two Maractus haha. The design is just too cool to not use. Despite knowing it will obviously make things more difficult, sometimes you just want to use that "one bad Pokemon."

GulAtiCa

My first lv 100 Pokemon for this gen is... Volcarona! It's stats are generally in the middle for HP/Sp Atk/Sp Def/Speed, with some of those on the lower end of the "middle" range. Given that I got the Pokemon jst from the one in Black 2, certainly not bad. When I start my Larvesta shiny hunt after Eevee hunt, I'll def need to breed a better IV Larvesta.

Never really done any of the IV breeding stuff, I'll need to read up on it. I should really start practicing this on my Eevee shiny hunt
Anyone got any tips/guides on how to breed for better IV Pokemon?

Muku

My first lv 100 Pokemon for this gen is... Volcarona! It's stats are generally in the middle for HP/Sp Atk/Sp Def/Speed, with some of those on the lower end of the "middle" range. Given that I got the Pokemon jst from the one in Black 2, certainly not bad. When I start my Larvesta shiny hunt after Eevee hunt, I'll def need to breed a better IV Larvesta.

Never really done any of the IV breeding stuff, I'll need to read up on it. I should really start practicing this on my Eevee shiny hunt
Anyone got any tips/guides on how to breed for better IV Pokemon?

breed2iqsdg.png

See that tends to get posted around. Also another but can't remember exactly what one that is. Quickest way for IVs might be to snag a 6IV Ditto for breeding purposes.

Edit: Though, if you have any questions I'm sure we'd all be able to help ya. :)

Firestorm

Are there any reports on the Melbourne one? I didn't go because I didn't have a team.
Man it's Australia Regionals! Who needs teams when you have the power of random single elimination on your side?

Nothing I've really seen but Nationals will be in Melbourne so get something together for then! We published a list of top finishing teams this morning.

Hobobloke

Man it's Australia Regionals! Who needs teams when you have the power of random single elimination on your side?

Don't remind me, I got hit by 4 consecutive rock slide flinches in my winners side loss. I also have no idea how they were running the bracket, there were zero byes in round one but then my mate got a bye to make it into top 4.

Oh and thanks Nintendo for not announcing nationals date, missed the 2 for 1 flight deals to Melbourne :( Will be heading back there for Shadowloo Showdown a month later and being from WA that price adds up.

/rant

Sure, I'm usualy online between 23pm-01pm GMT -3. I will add you when a get home.

I should be back at a stable wifi connection tomorrow evening, see you then.

EDIT: I'm also kinda miffed that you can't create multiple save files in this game, anno 2014. I'll definitely want to do a replay, but that doesn't mean I want to lose my entire game + Pokémon. Maybe I'll have to invest in the Pokémon Bank.

We published a list of top finishing teams this morning.
That is a lot of Mega Kangaskhan.

Also still slightly miffed that I can't use Scott's Tyranitar/Garchomp/Togekiss/three Rotom team (mostly because Species Clause doesn't work the way I thought it did) but oh well.

By the way, quick question, Garchomp or Haxorus? I'm currently training my Fraxure, but I'm debating to switch him out for Gible and train that one instead, or at least wait until Fraxure evolves.

Syntsui

By the way, quick question, Garchomp or Haxorus? I'm currently training my Fraxure, but I'm debating to switch him out for Gible and train that one instead, or at least wait until Fraxure evolves.

Depends on what your team needs. Haxorus has better movepool with DD/Taunt/Superpower, Garchomp has better stats + STAB Earthquake.

Frost_Ace

Garchomp has base 102 speed compared to the 97 of Haxorus.

Haxorus is an excellent set up sweeper with both D.Dance and Sword Dance and it has Mold Breaker so it ignores multiscale/levitate if you hit something with earthquake.

This is stupid of me but I hope I traded Frogadier to Lupinko. Never got the in-game name and looking at my friend's list, I'm assuming that Lupinko = Black Mamba.

If not, then I have to catch another Frogadier. \\:L

lupinko

This is stupid of me but I hope I traded Frogadier to Lupinko. Never got the in-game name and looking at my friend's list, I'm assuming that Lupinko = Black Mamba.

If not, then I have to catch another Frogadier. :L

Nah, that's me alright, thanks again. Enjoy the 5iv starly with egg moves too!

Lol what was with the battles today, everybody using bs broken teams, bs broken teams with hacked legendaries that is.

Hacked Shiny Zekrom, right, but no legit shiny Wishmaker Jirachi, I hate you Gamefreak.

Firestorm

Don't remind me, I got hit by 4 consecutive rock slide flinches in my winners side loss. I also have no idea how they were running the bracket, there were zero byes in round one but then my mate got a bye to make it into top 4.

Oh and thanks Nintendo for not announcing nationals date, missed the 2 for 1 flight deals to Melbourne :( Will be heading back there for Shadowloo Showdown a month later and being from WA that price adds up.

/rant
I think my favourite part of the bracket, even outside the random timing of byes, is that it started out best of 3 and then stopped in top 8 to become best of 1, then became best of 3 again in finals. Or other tournaments where they started best of 3, then became best of 1 from round 2 onwards...

Hopefully people all still had fun though. It's pretty great of Nintendo to put on these events in Australia as TPCi's budget wouldn't cover it otherwise.

Hobobloke

I think my favourite part of the bracket, even outside the random timing of byes, is that it started out best of 3 and then stopped in top 8 to become best of 1, then became best of 3 again in finals. Or other tournaments where they started best of 3, then became best of 1 from round 2 onwards...

Hopefully people all still had fun though. It's pretty great of Nintendo to put on these events in Australia as TPCi's budget wouldn't cover it otherwise.

Perth was in the latter camp with only the first round being Bo3, finals included.

I agree it's great to see them putting this kind of thing on and supporting the community, it's something I'd especially love to see them do with smash in the future now they're embracing its competitive aspect.

At the same time though it makes it even more frustrating that they are able to organise these great events but fail when it comes to the simple task of running a proper bracket.

Syntsui

Guys I'm getting frustrated... Why in the actual fuck my Timid 31IV/252Ev in speed Greninja NEVER out speed other Greninjas? They are not scarfed, that's for sure. I must've faced 4 greninja x greninja and I always lose because I always go second. -,-"

macklelol

Guys I'm getting frustrated... Why in the actual fuck my Timid 31IV/252Ev in speed Greninja NEVER out speed other Greninjas? They are not scarfed, that's for sure. I must've faced 4 greninja x greninja and I always lose because I always go second. -,-"

It's a speed tie, so it's literally a coin flip to determine who goes first. Just a string of bad luck.

ChrisD

FOUR HOURS LATER

Finally landed a Swift Swim Poliwag! Must have went through 25 hordes of them. My RNG Seed must have been the worst available.

Don't think I'm even going to bother with IVs. Maybe a second 'Toed later on down the road...

Finally landed a Swift Swim Poliwag! Don't think I'm even going to bother with IVs. Maybe a second 'Toed later on down the road...

Considering that Poliwag's gender ratio is 50/50, I would personally spend the time to breed a poliwag with the desired ability and desired IV spread.

To put in perspective, I gave up on breeding a female starter pokemon with its hidden ability because of the 12.5% female rate.

Takashi

Crosspost from other thread

How do you change your location on the PSS? I remember stumbling across something about privacy settings a long time ago, but I don't remember how I got to that whether it was in the game or one of the 3ds menus.

Ok, I still have quite a few 5IV feebas's and almost a box full of 5IV snorunts. Holler if you guys want any.

If you want the feebas's as milotics trade me a prism scale with the pokemon you're sending to me.

edit: Once i'm done my kalos born livingdex I'll get back to breeding, which is more probably a tyrannitar.

PBalfredo

Ok, I still have quite a few 5IV feebas's and almost a box full of 5IV snorunts. Holler if you guys want any.

If you want the feebas's as milotics trade me a prism scale with the pokemon you're sending to me.

edit: Once i'm done my kalos born livingdex I'll get back to breeding, which is more probably a tyrannitar.

Any of those Snorunts female with HA?

lupinko

Time to get those Event Kangas, too bad we can't breed those Cherish Balls. :(

And I made a Mewtwo X and a Mind Plate Arceus rage quit. Lol

I'm not even good at this I think too.

But I should get around to making my competitive Kalos team soon of Staraptor/Garchomp/tyranitar/flygon/carracosta/skarmory.

Top Bottom