• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

Muku

Umm...well that was almost too fast. Less than three boxes.

4/31/31/31/31/31. Lame HP but whatever, I never expect my shinies to be competitive.

Congrats! You're lucky. Both shiny Eevee's I've gotten took quite some time. First one was a random though, so had to go back to make a Bold. Shiny Umbreon is so beautiful though. But I hear ya.. a Moon Ball would be perfect for it. :(

Have to admit, really like when they come out quick, whether it's competitive ready or not.

Oh yeah. I still plan to catch and evolve all Pokemon. I'm just currently skipping Pokemon who's entire evolution line I've seen. Still evolving or catching/etc other Pokemon to get their line seen. Will of course come in handy when I eventually transfer these Pokemon to the next gen series. (not sure I'll transfer to Ruby 3DS/etc or use those Pokemon to transfer to X)
You could just do what I do, and use Pokemon bank to dump whole groups of boxes in at a time, save, and then pull them back out. Bonus points for doing it with them all organized by national dex number.

Muku

You could just do what I do, and use Pokemon bank to dump whole groups of boxes in at a time, save, and then pull them back out. Bonus points for doing it with them all organized by national dex number.

I can't imagine how someone would have Pokebank and not go by number. Finding stuff would take forever. It takes a bit in beginning, especially if they're spread over games and over boxes, but it's worth the initial time to put into it.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
Hey folks. I know I sound like broken record, but...is there anyone who can show me these final five Pokemon to complete my National Dex?

230. Kingdra
461. Weavile
473. Mamoswine
583. Vanillish
584. Vanilluxe

Syntsui

My god, it's ridiculously hard to breed a Marvel Scale Dratini. Even breeding with a female, I only get 1 out of 5 eggs every time. My 5IV/6IV Weaknite will take some time -__-

Edit: lol just got one with 31/31/31/X/31/31, guess that's it haha.

I can't imagine how someone would have Pokebank and not go by number. Finding stuff would take forever. It takes a bit in beginning, especially if they're spread over games and over boxes, but it's worth the initial time to put into it.

Well there is a search function.

Also it takes forever to set up the number organization anyway. :/

Muku

Well there is a search function.

Also it takes forever to set up the number organization anyway. :/

Well yeah, said it takes a while, but it's totally worth it. Find it's quicker than going to the search function. Plus it's easier to keep tabs on what you need for your living dex.

Edit: Though I should note I started this when I started a living dex. If you don't keep one of everything then numbers probably aren't as important. And even though I had a lot at start, was better to spend up front time doing it. It's not that bad. But extremely helpful for a living dex.

Macka

A friend of mine just got the Shiny Charm a few hours ago and has hatched a shiny Hawlucha and Dratini within about ~70 eggs altogether. Is the shiny charm really that good?! Or are we just getting really lucky?

A friend of mine just got the Shiny Charm a few hours ago and has hatched a shiny Hawlucha and Dratini within about ~70 eggs altogether. Is the shiny charm really that good?! Or are we just getting really lucky?

That's some incredible luck. While the Shiny Charm is definitely good it's not that mind blowingly easy to hatch shinies on average.

Lucario is a solid choice since his steel typing helps him against the remaining three gym leaders, though his performance against the Elite 4 is mixed. Pangoro is also a good choice once you get past the Fairy gym, as his dark typing lets him hit ghosts and protects him from Psychic types too. It probably comes do to if you want a pokemon who is fast but frail (Lucario) or a slower but bulkier pokemon (Pangoro).

Flabebe gets access to a lot of Grass type moves without actually being grass type itself. You'll miss out on the extra power of STAB (Same Type Attack Bonus) with those grass moves while Ralts will get STAB on its Psychic attacks. They're pretty similar in stats, with Florges being better at Special Defense and Gardevoir being better at Special Attack. Gardevoir also gains access to her Mega Evolution after you beat the main story.

Gengar hits fast and hard with special attacks and having access to STAB poison moves is good if you want coverage for Fairy types. Trevenant is slower but bulkier and has STAB grass moves. I'd probably suggest going with Gengar, since he handles Fairies while grass probably isn't as needed since Pikachu covers water types and Froakie covers ground and rock types. Although if Trevenant has his Hidden Ability, Harvest, he can survive pretty much anything thanks to Rest + Chesto Berry. Rest restores him to full health, Chesto Berry makes him wake up right away and Harvest lets to grow a new Chesto Berry mid-battle. I have spare Harvest Trevenants if you want one.

Rhydon and Graveler have a lot of weaknesses, including a double weakness to water and grass. Marowak might be a better idea since it has less weaknesses. Though it overlaps a bit with your Froakie, you might want to try a Quadsire, since its only weakness is Grass type. It's a double weakness, but of the remaining gym leaders and pokemon league, only two pokemon have grass attacks.

Ultimately, the main story isn't terribly hard, so go with the pokemon you like and enjoy yourself.

Thanks for all of that advice! Ultimately, I went for Pangoro, Flabebe,and Gengar. The position for ground or rock is still to be filled though!

On another note, are there any methods for increasing the chance of unearthing a reset training bag? I need quite a few and it's driving me nuts!

MegaMelon

That seems to be incredibly lucky rather than directly as a result of the shiny charm. That said, I MM 4 shinies within 300 eggs with the shiny charm aswell as encountering a random shiny on my Y so regardless I'm sure the shiny charm helps a ton.

Wichu

So this morning my Battle Spot record was 10-2. I just lost 5 games in a row :/

EDIT: Make that 6.

EDIT 2: Finally won a game. Cacturne got three critical hits in a row (admittedly one of them was a quad-NVE Seed Bomb to break Dragonite's Multiscale). Good job RNG.

Macka

That seems to be incredibly lucky rather than directly as a result of the shiny charm. That said, I MM 4 shinies within 300 eggs with the shiny charm aswell as encountering a random shiny on my Y so regardless I'm sure the shiny charm helps a ton.
I won't bother with another picture but I hatched a shiny Froakie in around 80 eggs a few hours ago. I'm getting too damn lucky with this shiny charm...I've gotten three shinies in less than 24 hours! Ridiculous lol.

The Froakie has Torrent. :/

31/12/31/31/31/25

What pokemon do I not need to see to get the shiny charm? I'm only at 705 and still need to see:

Regice
Kyogre
Rayquaza
Deoxys
Mespirit
Aself
Dialga
Palkia
Regigigas
Arceus
Thundurus
Landorus
Meloetta

Wichu

What pokemon do I not need to see to get the shiny charm? I'm only at 705 and still need to see:

Regice
Kyogre
Rayquaza
Deoxys
Mespirit
Aself
Dialga
Palkia
Regigigas
Arceus
Thundurus
Landorus
Meloetta

You need to obtain all the Pokémon, not just see them.

The ones you don't need to obtain are Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Deoxys, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, Victini, Keldeo, Meloetta, and Genesect.

Anyway, does anyone have a HA Aerodactyl (Unnerve)? Preferably female in a neat Poké Ball? Archeops' 110 base Speed just isn't cutting it any more...

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual

Regice
Kyogre
Rayquaza
Deoxys
Mespirit
Aself
Dialga
Palkia
Regigigas
Arceus
Thundurus
Landorus
Meloetta
I'll be free in about 45 minutes if you want me to show you most of those via Trade. Do you happen to have either of the two Pokemon I listed above? Those are the only two I need.

Syntsui

Ok pokégaf, time to retribute your kindness to me when I started playing.

I have the following pokés to give away, most with excellent IVs, nature or egg moves.

If anyone is interested you can give anything back, but I REALLY NEED a Scyther/Scyzor with Defog/Knock Of/Bug Bite (so I can breed these moves to competitive ones) which is only possible to get on B2W2. Also, I would appreaciate if anyone could get me a spare Blazikenite, Charizarite X and Tyranitarite.

If anyone could get one of those for me that would be wonderful, anyway here they are:

7x Impish Ferroseed - Iron Barbs (Has Stealth Rocks and Leech Seeds)
31/X/31/31/31/31
31/X/31/31/31/31
31/31/X/31/31/31
31/31/31/31/31/X
31/31/31/31/31/X
X/31/31/31/31/31
31/31/31/31/X/31

1x Relaxed Ferroseed - Iron Barbs (Has Stealth Rocks and Leech Seeds)
31/X/31/31/31/31

1x Sassy Ferroseed - Iron Barbs (move relearner to get Leech Seed/Stealth Rocks)
31/31/31/31/X/31

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4x Jolly Kanghaskan - Scrappy
X/X/31/31/X/X
X/X/31/31/X/31
31/X/31/31/X/31
31/X/31/31/X/31

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4x Adamant Torchic - Speed Boost (Has Baton Pass)
31/31/31/X/31/X
31/X/31/X/31/31
31/31/31/31/X/31
31/31/X/31/31/31

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1X Impish Froakie - Protean
X/31/31/31/31/31

1X Timid Froakie - Protean
X/31/31/31/31/31

1X Lax Froakie - Protean
31/31/31/X/31/31

1X Careful Froakie - Protean
X/31/31/31/31/31

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2x Adamant Marill - Huge Power (Has Belly Drum, Body Slam, Water Sport, Aqua Jet)
31/31/31/31/31/X
X/31/31/31/X/31

5x Adamant Marill - Thick Fat (Has Belly Drum, Body Slam, Water Sport, Aqua Jet)
31/31/X/31/31/31
X/31/31/X/31/31
X/31/31/31/31/31
31/X/31/31/31/31
X/31/31/31/31/31

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dozens of Impish Gligar - Immunity
They all have god IVs, didn't bother to check them

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5x Jolly Dratini - Marvel Scale (Has Dragon Dance and Extreme Speed)
They all have god IVs, didn't bother to check them

I have the following pokés to give away, most with excellent IVs, nature or egg moves.

If anyone is interested you can give anything back, but I REALLY NEED a Scyther/Scyzor with Defog/Knock Of/Bug Bite (so I can breed these moves to competitive ones) which is only possible to get on B2W2. Also, I would appreaciate if anyone could get me a spare Blazikenite, Charizarite X and Tyranitarite.

According to Serebii, only Defog is an egg move for Scyther; the other two are transfer only moves sadly.

Syntsui

According to Serebii, only Defog is an egg move for Scyther; the other two are transfer only moves sadly.

Defog can't be learned in the game by a pokemon that breeds with Scyther as far as I know too. That's why I need a good soul that could get these moves in B2W2 and transfer it ):

Wichu

Defog can't be learned in the game by a pokemon that breeds with Scyther as far as I know too. That's why I need a good soul that could get these moves in B2W2 and transfer it ):

The issue is that you won't be able to pass on Bug Bite and Knock Off, since those two aren't egg moves for Scyther.

Nah man, thanks anyway. I will wait for tutors in ORAS, hopefuly competitive Scyzor is viable there >.<

Hopefully. I'm lucky that I still have the games all the way to Emerald, where I transferred a lot of my Pokemon from. From Emerald to Platinum to Black 2 to X. lol. Some of the moves they learn in the old games are brilliant.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
I got my Mamoswine.

Is there anyone who can show me a Kingdra quick? It's the last one I need to finsih my dex and get a Shiny Charm.

Hobobloke

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4x Adamant Torchic - Speed Boost (Has Baton Pass)
31/31/31/X/31/X
31/X/31/X/31/31
31/31/31/31/X/31
31/31/X/31/31/31

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Would love one of these Torchics, gotta prepare the cheap stuff for vgc15.

GulAtiCa

Got my Articuno this morning. Only have maybe 30 Pokemon left to see. Evolving the last few Pokemon now, and rest I just need to breed/egg them for the Kalos Pokedex to be finished.

lupinko

Can anyone catch a female frogadier with protean in a premier ball? A nice person caught me one but it only has torrent or whatever and I can't breed protean into the female unfortunately (as opposed to breeding out the HA which I'm able to do and have done so with Dream Ball Machop and Ralts).

Or breed a female Froakie that works too.

Can anyone catch a female frogadier with protean in a premier ball? A nice person caught me one but it only has torrent or whatever and I can't breed protean into the female unfortunately (as opposed to breeding out the HA which I'm able to do and have done so with Dream Ball Machop and Ralts).

Or breed a female Froakie that works too.

I have one waiting for you. My friend code is in my profile page.

If anyone could get one of those for me that would be wonderful, anyway here they are:

7x Impish Ferroseed - Iron Barbs (Has Stealth Rocks and Leech Seeds)
31/X/31/31/31/31
31/X/31/31/31/31
31/31/X/31/31/31
31/31/31/31/31/X
31/31/31/31/31/X
X/31/31/31/31/31
31/31/31/31/X/31

Hey there, can I grab this Impish Ferroseed please? I can add you right away.

FC: 4124-5030-9094
Trainer Name: Joshua

GulAtiCa

After I finally get around to getting a shiny Eevee, I will like to get a shiny Volcarona and shiny Chandelure. Both are my favorite Pokemon from Black/White gen. I'll need to breed them with better stats, I don't think Volcarona IVs are that great, esp the Sp Atk.

The Super Training, while slow process, is really great. Reset Volcarona and got her stats corrected to be all Sp Atk and half Sp Def and Speed for rest.

JoeM86

UK Nationals were pretty awesome. My team did rather well (didn't compete but battled a fair few people), only really losing more on day 2. Kind of happy at that since the team is one massive gimmick rolled into a team.

Was a great time :) Who else was there?

CassSept

Btw, slightly offtopic, but if I try to eventually nab Pokemon HeartGold is it worth getting it with Pokewalker or is the gimmick not worth the extra hassle? I should have gotten it when it was released, yeah, but now it's too late and grabbing the entire package is tricky and/or expensive.

UK Nationals were pretty awesome. My team did rather well (didn't compete but battled a fair few people), only really losing more on day 2. Kind of happy at that since the team is one massive gimmick rolled into a team.

Was a great time :) Who else was there?

Yar, I was there as GamerGuides. Pretty sure I managed to battle you, but I couldn't find you amongst the crowd of real people.

I was the dude with Mow Rotom, Scarfed Kingdra and Mega Absol. Got totally wrecked (and in the competition itself), but to be fair I didn't get time to practice and I just signed up on a whim X D

JoeM86

Yar, I was there as GamerGuides. Pretty sure I managed to battle you, but I couldn't find you amongst the crowd of real people.

I was the dude with Mow Rotom, Scarfed Kingdra and Mega Absol. Got totally wrecked (and in the competition itself), but to be fair I didn't get time to practice and I just signed up on a whim X D

Aha, yeah I remember that battle :) I enjoyed it.

I liked battling people over the weekend who didn't go for the standard Wash/Heat-Rotom, Talonflame, Aegislash, Kangaskhan, Mawile etc. Makes it far more enjoyable and each battle unique

Hobobloke

Does anyone have a spare Chlorophyll Bulbasaur they can trade me? Hoping to run my Mega-Vena team at a tournament tomorrow and kind of left it to the last minute.

Heat Rotom is standard? Virtually every team I've encountered with a Rotom had wash form. Not that I'm complaining, its the better Rotom.
Edit: Er, the heat form that is.

JoeM86

Heat Rotom is standard? Virtually every team I've encountered with a Rotom had wash form. Not that I'm complaining, its the better Rotom.
Edit: Er, the heat form that is.

Yeah, I was surprised. I had only really seen Wash Rotom before this weekend, but so many teams used Heat over the weekend

Top Bottom