• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

789shadow

Banned
Cool, my friend list is kind of packed, so I forget who's who sometimes.

Anyway, enjoy your Cresselia! Can't vouch for the stats, but it is in a nice Luxury Ball : P
Thanks so much! You saved me having to slam my head against both Mesprit and Cresselia in Platinum. Now I can toss a Master Ball at Mesprit and transfer everything up.

Wichu

I got an adamant pawniard with pursuit, stealth rock, quick guard and sucker punch. I might use it on some fun team, or actually I could use it on my vgc team instead of carracosta.

Bisharp is actually top-tier OU. It benefited a lot from Knock Off's boost and the Fairy type's introduction.

lupinko

Bisharp is actually top-tier OU. It benefited a lot from Knock Off's boost and the Fairy type's introduction.

I'll play around with the team then thanks, I'll decide if Carracosta makes it in over Staraptor.

M-Tyranitar
Garchomp
Skarmory
Flygon
Bisharp
Staraptor or Carracosta

Muku

I suppose Pokemon cloning is going to make my quest for a full living Pokedex a lot easier.

Sooooooooo...............could someone clone a Cresselia for me to start?

If you need anymore legendaries, send me a message. I keep extras of everything (sans Event) around to help folks fill in empty spaces for their Dex. I wheel and deal in Scatters/Vivillons on GTS.

789shadow

Banned
If you need anymore legendaries, send me a message. I keep extras of everything (sans Event) around to help folks fill in empty spaces for their Dex. I wheel and deal in Scatters/Vivillons on GTS.
Are you capable of cloning things? Because the event legendaries are my biggest need.

Muku

Are you capable of cloning things? Because the event legendaries are my biggest need.

I am. And I have all the events. A lot of them are my own I got during the events when they happened. It can take some time though. If interested, send me a message.

Macka

Does anyone have any of these Pokemon?

Heavy Ball Phanpy (female)
Heavy Ball Onix (female)
Safari Ball Trapinch (female)
Safari Ball Cacnea (female)
6IV Masuda Ditto :p

Muku

Does anyone have any of these Pokemon?

6IV Masuda Ditto :p

I have a 6IV JPN Ditto you can have.

Edit: Awesome, finally got a 6IV Sandstorm Scatterbug, so pumping out 5IV Scatters regularly now. If anyone wants one, let me know. (I breed them as Timid.)

lupinko

Not that it's legal but does anyone have a smeargle friend safari, and if so can you catch me a female in a premier ball with Moody?

Or if you have a female in a dream ball that works too with Moody.

Syntsui

Not that it's legal but does anyone have a smeargle friend safari, and if so can you catch me a female in a premier ball with Moody?

I may catch one for you in a premier ball. But I'll only be able to trade on the weekend.

Send me a PM whenever you are online on saturday/sunday.

PS: I will give you the Torchic too.

JoeM86

It is legal in VGC and whenever you don't play Smogon rules.

I actually went up against a Moody Smeargle with Dark Void at UK Nationals last week. Kicked it's butt :p

Ok, I'm done.

Kalos born living dex complete. Everything that can be kalos born is acquired, legendaries and event pokemon don't count of course. (The birds, kalos legendaries, do count. Also the event celebi and event darkrai are in the list of aquisitions)

Now to take a break from pokemon and do other things lol.

edit: When ORAS comes out maybe I'll try the shinydex then.

Alchemy

Have a team for the Think Fast event this weekend, testing it out on Battle Spot now. Man is 3v3 singles the worst fucking format ever.

789shadow

Banned
Things you can never un-see: go to Kalos Pokemon League at night, look at sky. You can very clearly see the corner of the skybox on the left.

Thought I might as well share a stupid fun little battle I had against a random passerby... I really dig the Battle Video option, allows you to keep all of your best moments. Or in my case, examples of ineptitude! Thanks to Aveyn Knight for suffering through having to upload this hideous beast!

First version, with commentary: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9qSJbjpKi8

And, if you'd rather not hear my voice: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7h1LalmEDwM

MegaMelon

Thought I might as well share a stupid fun little battle I had against a random passerby... I really dig the Battle Video option, allows you to keep all of your best moments. Or in my case, examples of ineptitude! Thanks to Aveyn Knight for suffering through having to upload this hideous beast!

And, if you'd rather not hear my voice: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7h1LalmEDwM

That was a pretty good match. It's nice to see teams with a bit of variation rather than Smogon: The Metagame. How comes you didn't have HP Ice on Raichu? It would round off it's coverage extremely well.

That was a pretty good match. It's nice to see teams with a bit of variation rather than Smogon: The Metagame. How comes you didn't have HP Ice on Raichu? It would round off it's coverage extremely well.
Thanks! I agree completely about variation. I've grown rather sick of the Battle Spot - endless combinations of Charizard, Greninja, Azumarill and Rotom-W... So it's nice to be able to battle different Pokemon every now and then.

Unfortunately, the team I was running was an ancient version of my old Blue team, and was constructed before I understood IVs and the like. Raichu's HP is fighting, so Grass Knot is about the only coverage move I could think of. If I could be bothered, I'd recreate the team and do it right (Alakazam's highest IV is attack, for example) - but for now, I've just been running them out there and losing most matches badly.

Wanace

Good match! I like 6 Poke battles more than the 3 Poke battles on the Battle Spot.

MegaMelon

Thanks! I agree completely about variation. I've grown rather sick of the Battle Spot - endless combinations of Charizard, Greninja, Azumarill and Rotom-W... So it's nice to be able to battle different Pokemon every now and then.

Unfortunately, the team I was running was an ancient version of my old Blue team, and was constructed before I understood IVs and the like. Raichu's HP is fighting, so Grass Knot is about the only coverage move I could think of. If I could be bothered, I'd recreate the team and do it right (Alakazam's highest IV is attack, for example) - but for now, I've just been running them out there and losing most matches badly.

That does explain it. Well to be honest with you aslong as your speed IV's are up to scratch then it doesn't really matter. That said, IV breeding is ridiculously good this gen, I'd recommend you check it out if you get the chance.

lupinko

It's getting annoying to breed non 50/50 ratio gender pokemon, and since I want to try for June VGC I am debating dropping Carracosta so the Tirtouga breeding project will be on hold.

Sandstorm Team of Tyranitar, garchomp, flygon, skarmory, bisharp

I'm thinking about either Mawile or Hydreigon, but I don't want to over do dragons. Any suggestions or should I just keep Carracosta in there?

Edit: I also have a Haxorus ready and also can finish up Staraptor.

Alchemy

Played about 10 matches in the Think Fast event, went 5/5, got bored and cancelled my participation. Basically every single match was "I win because you didn't bring the right counter" or "I lost because I didn't bring my right counter". Man, 3v3 is such a shit format.

Doubles might not be as solid as 6v6 singles, but you can play around stuff your opponent brings. Why the hell is there no 6v6 Battlespot option in this freaking game?

lupinko

Also wondering if anyone can catch me a female prankster Sableye in a friend safari in a premier ball or breed/transfer a DreamBall one from gen 5.

I have 5iv Axew, larvitar, starly, and machop with egg moves. Not to mention I can supply dream radar legendaries.

Syntsui

Also wondering if anyone can catch me a female prankster Sableye in a friend safari in a premier ball or breed/transfer a DreamBall one from gen 5.

I have 5iv Axew, larvitar, starly, and machop with egg moves. Not to mention I can supply dream radar legendaries.

I have access to Sableye too, again I'll be online just on saturday/sunday. Just PM me if you are on.

Muku

Yeah just for collecting. I only collect bug types...but I do have some evees and a Spanish metapod.

My fc is 0533-4718-4217

My FC is in my profile. (Use the non JPN one.) Sorry about not responding sooner. MK8 came in mail.. and let's just say that ate up the rest of the afternoon and most of the evening. x_x Send me a message when you're around. If I'm on and available we can hop on and trade.

lupinko

I'm not using smogon rules, so wouldn't a sand veil Garchomp work well with a sandstream Tyranitar? Oo

And I'm just going to roll a Mawile instead of Carracosta. I can't have too many characters with a 4x weakness.

Thanks for the Yveltal, Aveyn! Gonna train both it and Xerneas next, once my current team hits 100.

I incidentally got a spare Xerneas out of Wonder Trade yesterday. I was sending over a Wurmple, imagine my surprise when I see what the other guy sent me. :lol

I wish this game allowed New Game+ or rematches, I want to travel through Kalos again to train some new Pokémon, but I don't want to reset and lose everything I've done so far, either.

Top Bottom