• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

What do you need?

Nearly missed this post lol.

I already have the means of getting the others, I'll probably need to get some trade evo's later but thats will be kept for the end. I already planned to GTS/breed the entire remainder since the vast majority are the starter forms of other gens.

I pretty much have most if not a complete living dex just including my collection from other gens so I already have breeders

I'm trying to get my hands on all the starters, right now I've got a Charmander, Totodile, Cyndaquil, Mudkip, Piplup, Froakie and Chespin. I'm checking the GTS, but the things some people are asking for are just insane. :lol An Oshawott for a Rayquaza, seems fair.

I'll trade you any starter other than a Turtwig for a Chespin.

FC: 1006-0774-7026

Muku

I also have event Scizor from February and the Battle Championship one, same goes for Gengar. So if you want to clone event pokes, you know who to ask.

Yep, I'm looking forward to it. Just thinking of letting it hit end with the new one each week so I can clone them all at once. Just feel like it'll be easier to get them done all at once. :)

Edit: For some of you looking for event Pokemon, send a message my way. Cloning is a bit of a process and time consuming though, so please don't be surprised if I ask for something in return.

Macka

I could use a Protean Froakie and Chlorophyll Bulbasaur. I'll be on in a few hours if you guys still have them.

0001-3764-1620
IGN: PBalfredo
I completely missed this before, but I've added you now. Hopefully we can trade at some point today. :)

To anyone who missed the first time: I have around 30 female, Protean 5IV Froakie's with the egg move Toxic Spikes and hatched in Luxury Balls for anyone who wants one.

lupinko

I completely missed this before, but I've added you now. Hopefully we can trade at some point today. :)

To anyone who missed the first time: I have around 30 female, Protean 5IV Froakie's with the egg move Toxic Spikes and hatched in Luxury Balls for anyone who wants one.

I'd like one!

OMG. Just hatched a shiny 5 IV Timid Protean Froakie. I've never bred for a shiny before. I had completely resigned myself to the idea that when it finally came, it would have the wrong ability. Or be missing at least one relevant IV. Or be female (I wanted to name him Hayabusa).

But nope! It's completely perfect. I'm so proud of myself. That was the last thing I wanted to achieve in this game.

Edit: ah, it's beautiful.

7uKKijT.jpg

ryuhayabusa01-Render_02686_640screen.jpg

MegaMelon

OMG. Just hatched a shiny 5 IV Timid Protean Froakie. I've never bred for a shiny before. I had completely resigned myself to the idea that when it finally came, it would have the wrong ability. Or be missing at least one relevant IV. Or be female (I wanted to name him Hayabusa).

But nope! It's completely perfect. I'm so proud of myself. That was the last thing I wanted to achieve in this game.

Congrats, join the club! You're lucky you didn't get any with Torrent! Seriously I have 2 shiny froakies with torrent and I die just a little everytime I see them rotting in my box >.<

How do you breed Shinies, anyway? Does one of the parents need to be Shiny? I got a male Froakie with Protean during Wonder Trade, so I could potentially use that one to breed more.

I'm not even gonna get started on IV's, I already have no idea what I'm doing. :lol

I'll take one off your hands, you're already on my friends list. :D

I also got my hands on every starter, now to breed some and check what abilities they have. Going through Victory Road first.

Speaking of which, what is it with everyone suddenly having an Ice-type move on Victory Road? My Garchomp keeps getting slaughtered.

You have a Garchomp that:

A. Is not faster than everything you're facing, or
B. Isn't taking things out in a single hit?

He's a bit underleveled compared to the rest of my team (I trained a Haxorus first), though his moveset upgrade recently (got him Dragon Rush and Draco Meteor) has finally made him a capable fighter. He can down most things in one hit, but when he doesn't, they'll usually have an Ice Punch, Ice Beam or Ice Fang ready. :lol

Still working on the right type of moveset for him, though. I taught him Hyper Beam out of nostalgia's sake, and the attack seems like it's useless now.

789shadow

Banned
He's a bit underleveled compared to the rest of my team (I trained a Haxorus first), though his moveset upgrade recently (got him Dragon Rush and Draco Meteor) has finally made him a capable fighter. He can down most things in one hit, but when he doesn't, they'll usually have an Ice Punch, Ice Beam or Ice Fang ready. :lol
Well it's end-game. Git gud, son. :p

How do you breed Shinies, anyway? Does one of the parents need to be Shiny? I got a male Froakie with Protean during Wonder Trade, so I could potentially use that one to breed more.

I'm not even gonna get started on IV's, I already have no idea what I'm doing. :lol

You can't really as shiny-ness isn't inherited. So any old parents would work.

But you can slightly boost your chances of hatching a shiny with the Masuda Method and the Shiny Charm.

Or you can match Shiny Values for a guaranteed shiny.

Anybody online that would like help me evolve my Machoke, Haunter, Scyther and Seadra?
I have a Scyther I need to evolve too so we can help each other. FC is in my profile.

gyanzmU.png

If anyone got any tips for his moveset though, they're always welcome. Currently he's got three Dragon-type moves (Dragon Rush, Dragon Claw and Draco Meteor) + Crunch.
I would take out Draco Meteor, since its Sp.Atk sucks. Replace it with Hone Claws maybe.

I've bred 2 Metang. Both have a flawless Attack. But one has "relatively superior potential" and the other has "outstanding potential". I think the latter is better but I need confirmation.

Which one is better?

Yay! Thanks :)

I wasn't even expecting the best. To preserve my sanity and save time, I only ever go for at least "relatively superior". But this one's even better!

Macka

Froakie List: Pbalfredo, Lupinko & Blue Ninja.

I'm in Australia so this might be a little hard to coordinate, but send me a message when you're online and hopefully I'll be here. Also, let me know which IV spread you'd like, as in which IV you'd prefer to be the non-31.

I'm in Australia so this might be a little hard to coordinate, but send me a message when you're online and hopefully I'll be here. Also, let me know which IV spread you'd like, as in which IV you'd prefer to be the non-31.

If you see me online, just send me a request. We've done this before, after all. :D

This week might prove to be a bit difficult, I won't have a decent wifi connection (at least none my 2DS can grab for some reason), so it might have to wait a bit, if that's okay with you.

lupinko

Nah I live in Japan, so time difference is not that much.

Macka

I tried the Time Machine method but I don't like using it for shinies, slows the process down way too much. Great for getting 5IV Pokemon though. That said...

YES! Third Shiny Froakie was the charm. :)

Male, with Protean. 31/31/xx/31/31/31 (I was hoping for 31 in Attack so U-Turn hits harder).

1st Shiny Froakie came in ~80 eggs.
2nd Shiny Froakie came ~400 eggs later.
3rd Shiny Froakie came ~1000 eggs later.

EDIT: I'm online now you two, if either of you are still here. FC is 4725-8064-6593!

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
How in the world do you have the patience to breed and hatch 1000+ eggs? I can barely get through 30 (I'm currently breeding Torchics).

Macka

How in the world do you have the patience to breed and hatch 1000+ eggs? I can barely get through 30 (I'm currently breeding Torchics).
I hatch eggs while watching TV or even while surfing the web. It's easy to do one-handed. Just left and right. :D

PBalfredo

I tried the Time Machine method but I don't like using it for shinies, slows the process down way too much. Great for getting 5IV Pokemon though. That said...

Male, with Protean. 31/31/xx/31/31/31 (I was hoping for 31 in Attack so U-Turn hits harder).

EDIT: I'm online now you two, if either of you are still here. FC is 4725-8064-6593!

I'm on now. IGN is Alfredo

edit: Got it. Thanks a lot!

L.O.R.D

congrats
when i hatched my 6IV shiny protean froakie , i was gonna name him Hayabusa or Strider or Black Star

ended up with Black star

Muku

Sometimes if you're luck is really bad you gotta hatch 1000+ eggs for even one shiny. :/ Pretty sure my Ponyta, Porygon, and one other have hit over 1000 to get a shiny. Sad part is with Porygon.. even though I'd done it for so long, I stopped. Will get back to it, so.. sad part for me is I still don't have it shiny. ><

But yeah, watching TV is usually how I do it. Left, right, left right, rinse, repeat. I tend to also go check each batches IVs after they all hatch. I tried just storing them and doing it at end, but some of my hatching has taken so long that I could fill up spaces left in my PC and still not have it.

lupinko

Just added you.

Macka

Does anyone have any Apricot Ball Pokemon? I'm specifically looking for Level Ball Phanpy, but I'm also after Heavy Ball Phanpy, Heavy Ball Onix and Safari Ball Larvitar. I have a fair few of my own that I could trade, so if there's anything you need, ask and I'll probably have it.

Muku

Started finally breeding Sandstorm Vivillon today. If anyone wants one, let me know. Have a few so far that are Timid 5IV (missing Atk).

lupinko

Coming online now!

I have a few boxes worth of 5IV females, but I'm not sure which stat they all have missing yet. Which spread were you after? I'll check and quickly find one you're after.

Thanks! Any was fine since I would rebreed it into a premier ball anyway.

For a team with both Tyranitar and Skarmory would it be wise for both to have Stealth Rock or to leave all hazards to skarmory, stealth rocks and spikes?

This Tyranitar is going Mega with Dragon Dance. So wondering if I should have Stealth Rock over Crunch or Iron Head.

Macka

Thanks! Any was fine since I would rebreed it into a premier ball anyway.

For a team with both Tyranitar and Skarmory would it be wise for both to have Stealth Rock or to leave all hazards to skarmory, stealth rocks and spikes?

This Tyranitar is going Mega with Dragon Dance. So wondering if I should have Stealth Rock over Crunch or Iron Head.
I think it's a matter of personal preference, but I'd give Tyranitar Stealth Rock (replacing Iron Head) rather than overloading Skarmory with support moves. There isn't a lot of room on Skarmory's moveset anyway - you're giving him Spikes and he really needs Brave Bird and Roost as well. The last slot should probably be filled with Whirlwind or Taunt.

So, I caught a Zygarde, anyone a good moveset for him? He currently knows Land's Wrath, Earthquake, Camouflage and Crunch. I might consider him as a replacement for Garchomp, but I'm not sure, since his moveset seems to be so limited.

lupinko

I think it's a matter of personal preference, but I'd give Tyranitar Stealth Rock (replacing Iron Head) rather than overloading Skarmory with support moves. There isn't a lot of room on Skarmory's moveset anyway - you're giving him Spikes and he really needs Brave Bird and Roost as well. The last slot should probably be filled with Whirlwind or Taunt.

Yeah that's what I thought too, basically Flygon would poison and force switch ins with Dragon Tail, Skarmory can do spikes.

Basically my idea is to throw hazards out in a sandstorm and have Staraptor, Garchomp and Carracosta to smash opposing teams, and of course Mega Tyranitar would also be doing the smashing.

I want to do a DD M-Tyranitar.

So DD/EQ/SR/Crunch or Stone Edge.

After all of that time spent fruitlessly trying to get reset bags, I managed to get six in under half an hour.

Once I've got the training sorted I'll finalise my movesets, before going onto the E4. Currently looking at a team of:

Greninja
Charizard
Pikachu
Scolipede
Pangoro
Florges

With Haunter as a possible contender, but I feel what I have is more flexible.

Top Bottom