• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

lupinko

If anyone is interested in continental vivillon I could get cooking on those.

I'm interested in one too in a luxury ball. Gender doesn't matter, just as long as it's flawless 5iv timid or the random chance it's 6iv, whichever is first, if you need a parent, I can supply it.

I can breed Elegant and Polar readily in premier and luxury balls.

Alrighty, I'll get started then. I'm good on parents so don't worry about that. I'll report back when I have a few available.

EDIT: Quick question, when evolving a Vivillon does its pattern depend on which game it was obtained in or on which game it is being evolved?

Current stock:

Scatterbug Male Timid Compound Eyes Luxury Ball 31/x/31/31/31/31 x1 ( reserved(Lupinko or Seil) )
Scatterbug FemaleTimid Compound Eyes Luxury Ball 31/x/31/31/31/31 x2 ( 1 reserved(Lupinko or Seil) )

@Seil: I would like an Icy Snow one in a premier ball.

@Lupinko: Either an Elegant or Polar one in a luxury ball would be great.

lupinko

Alrighty, I'll get started then. I'm good on parents so don't worry about that. I'll report back when I have a few available.

EDIT: Quick question, when evolving a Vivillon does its pattern depend on which game it was obtained in or on which game it is being evolved?

Current stock:

Scatterbug Male Timid Compound Eyes Luxury Ball 31/x/31/31/31/31 x1 (reserved)
Scatterbug FemaleTimid Compound Eyes Luxury Ball 31/x/31/31/31/31 x1 (reserved)

It depends on the game it was bred in.

I can provide both polar premier ball and elegant luxury ball.

On a side note, I'm breeding Shell Armor Turtwigs with egg moves in case anyone was interested.

I can do that, or I could try breeding one of my males to get a 5IV one in a Pokeball if you'd prefer.

I'd love a 5IV Ocean to add to this newly started collection, too, if you wouldn't mind.

A plain fresh-caught pokeball Icy Snow Scatterbug and a 5IV Premier Ball Scatterbug would be nice for the berries. The second one is optional though.

You can get online? I thought it was still maintenance.

Aaahhh, that would be it. I could get online in the web browser, didn't even think about Ninty services in general.

Well, just beat Lance in Heart Gold again, now I don't have to worry about that anymore. Just gotta smash through the rest of the Gym Leaders.
Lance has waaaayyy too many Full Restores.

I can do that, Timid? Modest? Yes please, I'd love a Pokeball Vivillon to clone. I'll be sure to return it quickly. Is that the one from the screencap a few days ago? (Lack of communication = Zoo visit with out-of-state visitors

Timid please!

And yup, I can give you the Poke Ball Vivillon to clone ^^

Oops, kind of lost track of which Vivillon to give to whom. Time to comb this thread again...

I'll reserve one for you, I'm breeding those and Oshawotts too, the latter are ahead since all the egg moves are in place.

I still have your love ball Buneary, and if you want I can breed flawless Elegant and Polar Vivillon in premier balls.

That's very generous! Oshawott isn't available in HA form yet, right? Interested in a flawless 5IV Ocean Scatterbug in a Dive Ball?

Timid please!

And yup, I can give you the Poke Ball Vivillon to clone ^^

Oops, kind of lost track of which Vivillon to give to whom. Time to comb this thread again...

Working on the IVs now!

JoeM86

So, was doing some breeding and hatched this

BrZ6x3UCQAAonod.png:large

Hasty, Hustle.

31/31/0/31/31/31

That 0.... :(

JoeM86

My Nidoking in Gen V, from which the 60 Nidoran I just bred spawned, was very successful, yet I just realised it was Hasty which means -Def. Why would I have done that?

It was successful so I guess I can't complain, but I could have sworn I went with Timid or Modest.

But the fact that it is Hasty means that this particular Nidoran is physically frail as hell

lupinko

That's very generous! Oshawott isn't available in HA form yet, right? Interested in a flawless 5IV Ocean Scatterbug in a Dive Ball?

Working on the IVs now!

Yeah Gen 5 starters don't have HA, so it's just a Oshawott with egg moves and high IVs. I already got a 5IV Ocean from PreyingShark, unless you somehow breed a Shiny. :O

I also have HA Treeckos and Piplups to breed, so all those penguins Muku gave me will come in handy to breed for egg moves.

I'll also get around to Snivy and Tepig with egg moves and high IVs.

I would love one of the Turtwig's. I don't have much to trade though, I am only on route 10.

You don't have to give me anything, but since we are all Vivillon crazy at the moment, what's your pattern? I can provide the 5IV parents.

Yeah Gen 5 starters don't have HA, so it's just a Oshawott with egg moves and high IVs. I already got a 5IV Ocean from PreyingShark, unless you somehow breed a Shiny. :O

I also have HA Treeckos and Piplups to breed, so all those penguins Muku gave me will come in handy to breed for egg moves.

At the risk of sounding greedy, HA Turtwig, Treecko and Piplup are the last three I need. Do you want the berries attached to just anything? I'm working on stuff ATM.

Can do. Also ready whenever.

Edit: FC is in profile. And if I'm not online, just shoot me a pm.

FC is on mine as well. Did you get the 5IV Ocean Scatterbug from PreyingShark? I'm working on Dive Ball ones now and have Premier Ball ones too.

lupinko

At the risk of sounding greedy, HA Turtwig, Treecko and Piplup are the last three I need. Do you want the berries attached to just anything? I'm working on stuff ATM.

That's not greedy but you may need to wait since I'm still working on the Turtwig and Oshawott.

But when they're finished I'll send them over.

If anyone is ready and waiting to trade with me, I'm online now :)

I haven't, no. However I also forgot to mention that I'd like one in a luxury ball haha. I can provide a female for that, too.

That can be done. I'm online if you'd like to trade the Scatterbugs for my berries and I can work on the LuxuryBall Ocean later.

That's not greedy but you may need to wait since I'm still working on the Turtwig and Oshawott.

But when they're finished I'll send them over.

Take all the time you want, thanks! I have your berries ready.

Alright... back to breeding some more Vivillons quick.

I have male and female Timid 31/x/31/31/31/31 Compound Eyes Dive Ball Ocean Scatterbug ready!

lupinko

Oh woah is me. I have all these Kurt Ball female pokemon, but the hidden abilities cant be bred on them :(

Which ones do you have? Not all of them have good HAs.

I have love ball Buneary and Ampharos to breed.

Anyone interested in 5IV egg move Oshawotts? All adamant but egg moves given are Detect, Brine, Air Slash and Night Slash so it's also good to rebreed as a naive mixed attacker.

Edit: my turtwig batch will be all adamant / shell armor / superpower / sand tomb / body slam / seed bomb.

I will also do a line of premier ball egg move snorlaxes. Very likely to be adamant as well.

Renta

Banned
I do have a few good ones like moon ball sneasel,

moon ball clefairy,

level ball shroomish,

level ball pikachu (coz at the time of catching, I thought I had fast balls but didnt. And finding a female pika in the wild is a bastard so I settled),

sport ball pinsir (not a kurt ball, but w/e),

moon ball meowth,

level ball mareep,

lure ball lapras,

heavy ball larvatar,

lure ball poliwag,

heavy ball pineco,

heavy ball slakoth,

love ball jiggly,

love ball koffing (lol),

lure ball slowpoke,

and lastly the reason for all the woe... heavy ball swinub. Without thickfat, I just have to bluff when playing competitively :(

I plan on hunting for more whenever I get the time

Edit: oh yeah, I have a safari ball kanga too

lupinko

I have the 6IV parent bred for Oshawott now with egg moves, I was also able to breed two flawless 5IV Adamant as well. I can set that aside for later breeding and shiny later. Gotta finish the Turtwig line and do the HA lines of Piplup and Treecko boh with egg moves.

The penguin being easier than the grass dragon.

Edit: I was breeding the Great ball female and it hatched a Shiny Scatterbug, but it's only 3IV.

So yeah I'm willing to trade to that too.

Holy shit my first hatched Shiny.

Holy shit again, I randomly just hatched a shiny Piplup, unfortunately it's not competitive.

Maybe I should go breed my Larvitar now quickly while the RNG gods are being kind to me.

Edit: I was breeding the Great ball female and it hatched a Shiny Scatterbug, but it's only 3IV.

So yeah I'm willing to trade to that too.

Holy shit my first hatched Shiny.

Holy shit again, I randomly just hatched a shiny Piplup, unfortunately it's not competitive.

Maybe I should go breed my Larvitar now quickly while the RNG gods are being kind to me.

Nice! Yeah, maybe you should X D

Also, I'd be interested in an Oshawott and Turtwig too. Will need to check what I've been breeding last... probably just Scatterbug though.

Muku

Holy crap. Asked for a Latias on GTS and got a shiny one. Didn't see that coming. Speaking of shinies, I have a shiny Entei for trade.

Just how easy is it to RNG in BW2 anyway? I want to do this in my W2 playthrough, and I guess whenever I redo my W1 game.

Oops, missed this!

Hmm, I started with Black 2 so I can't really compare it to the rest, but it is a bit hit and miss. Even if you hit the right time (seconds), you may not get the right Timer0 value and thus fail to hit your seed.

But, obviously, it is infinitely easier than getting a shiny legend with perfect stats normally X D

Also mega thanks to Muku for trading a Sandstorm Scatterbug and uncloned event Kangashkan (pun intended)!

Muku

You're most welcome. :) Glad I was able to find the extra Kangaskhan a home!

Edit: Also, thank you SOOOOOO much for the Vivillon. So beautiful! (Well, for both.. haha) OH! And the shiny event Mamoswine. So awesome. :D

lupinko

Oops, missed this!

Hmm, I started with Black 2 so I can't really compare it to the rest, but it is a bit hit and miss. Even if you hit the right time (seconds), you may not get the right Timer0 value and thus fail to hit your seed.

But, obviously, it is infinitely easier than getting a shiny legend with perfect stats normally X D

Also mega thanks to Muku for trading a Sandstorm Scatterbug and uncloned event Kangashkan (pun intended)!

Now you just need Event Scizor, and next week I'll get you your uncloned event Tyranitar and Mawile.

I'll have a Oshawott and Turtwig for you too, I'm doing HA Treecko and Piplup too.

Muku

I've got x3 Pokeball Vivillon up for grabs.

Edit: Should note, for those who do care, yes these are clones.

Zing

Banned
Can anyone explain why certain pokemon cannot seem to learn certain TM? What determines if a pokemon qualifies to learn a TM?

For example, I'd love to teach infestation to my bug pokemon, or false swipe to my dark pokemon, but they are unable to learn. For whatever reason, Oddish is the only one in my party who can learn Infestation (he is grass/poison, infestation is bug).

lupinko

Don't want to sound greedy, but I would like an Oshawott also if that is okay.

Sure, I can provide you with a standard 5iv I've bred. I won't go back to mass producing Oshawotts for awhile since I'm working on the other starters. I do have the 6IV parent now so it's easier.

Oh right while I won't trade the 4iv Piplup shiny, I will trade the great ball 3iv (I think) polar Scatterbug Shiny.

I have the HA Turtwig and Piplup ready for IV breeding now, and I'm working on giving Unburden Treecko egg moves.

After Treecko, it'll be HA Chimchar but that will be quick because I'm just adding 1 egg move.

Dunno if I'll get to Tepig or Snivy, I'll take a break from the starters after Chimchar.

Can anyone explain why certain pokemon cannot seem to learn certain TM? What determines if a pokemon qualifies to learn a TM?

For example, I'd love to teach infestation to my bug pokemon, or false swipe to my dark pokemon, but they are unable to learn. For whatever reason, Oddish is the only one in my party who can learn Infestation (he is grass/poison, infestation is bug).

It's mostly arbitrary, I'm afraid.

Sometimes the appearance or characteristic of the Pokemon has an influence. Like Pokemon that you can imagine riding in the sea can be taught Surf. For False Swipe, generally your Pokemon needs sharp claws or something similar.

Zing

Banned
Thanks. I just wanted to be sure I wasn't missing a hidden menu or something which displayed TM/HM requirements.

Without exp share enabled, how do players level up Pokemon like Abra (no attack skills)? Give them an attack with a TM? Just have them start the battle and immediately switch out? Is it even worth levelling up Abra?

Thanks. I just wanted to be sure I wasn't missing a hidden menu or something which displayed TM/HM requirements.

Without exp share enabled, how do players level up Pokemon like Abra (no attack skills)? Give them an attack with a TM? Just have them start the battle and immediately switch out? Is it even worth levelling up Abra?

I do the switch out approach, but it gets boring fast. So I have EXP Share enabled X D

Never used Abra, but I've been on the receiving end of Alakazam and he's pretty dang strong, if extremely frail.

Top Bottom