• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

I have male and female Timid 31/x/31/31/31/31 Compound Eyes Dive Ball Ocean Scatterbug ready!

Awesome! Are you around to trade?

Did you want anything for it BTW? I have a bunch of spare Gardens.

Also... I can get you the Poke Ball Vivillon now, since I'm assuming Muku is asleep. We have the same Vivillon anyway : P

EDIT: My FC is in my profile and IGN is GamerGuides. I've added you already ^^

Awesome! Are you around to trade?

Did you want anything for it BTW? I have a bunch of spare Gardens.

Also... I can get you the Poke Ball Vivillon now, since I'm assuming Muku is asleep. We have the same Vivillon anyway : P

EDIT: My FC is in my profile and IGN is GamerGuides. I've added you already ^^

I'm coming online. Did you want male, female or both? I only ask for Muku's since the cloning has been done already :p

I'll always gladly accept a Scatterbug/Vivillon in any trade. I do have a thing for Premier Balls though.

I'm coming online. Did you want male, female or both? I only ask for Muku's since the cloning has been done already :p

I'll always gladly accept a Scatterbug/Vivillon in any trade. I do have a thing for Premier Balls though.

Female please : )

Ah, I see. Well, I'll just give it to you anyway and you can do whatever you want with it : P

How would you guys feel if ORAS allowed you to take trainer photos with a Pokemon by your side? In the style of Yellow where Pikachu followed you, but only for the photo?

I don't need it, but I guess I'll keep it as a backup ^^

Thanks for the Ocean!

EDIT: And the Ability Capsule. Can never have enough of those.

Thank you too!

lupinko

How would you guys feel if ORAS allowed you to take trainer photos with a Pokemon by your side? In the style of Yellow where Pikachu followed you, but only for the photo?

That would be cool, and while trying to get shiny Larvitar it's just giving me 6iv and flawless 5iv. I have a box of those, so already I have flawless 5iv Larvitar and Gible (both Sand Veil and Rough Skin). At this rate I think I will just start clearing out non 6iv or flawless 5iv.

So for the starters we are looking at:

Adamant Oshawott EM (6IV parent ready)
Adamant HA Turtwig EM
Timid HA Piplup EM
Modest Piplup EM (6IV parent ready)
Adamant HA Treecko EM
Jolly Treecko EM
Jolly HA Chimchar EM

I'll do Tepig once these are done.

Lol now I'm debating getting a third game and third 3ds but at this point that's kinda much on the third 3ds.

Too bad I have transfer my pokes via trade between both games since they're both digital, I can't just dump them into bank for my NA game.

I should get the bike soon for Y so it's easier to hatch eggs. Just rollerblading is really annoying. :/

Lol now I'm debating getting a third game and third 3ds but at this point that's kinda much on the third 3ds.

Too bad I have transfer my pokes via trade between both games since they're both digital, I can't just dump them into bank for my NA game.

I should get the bike soon for Y so it's easier to hatch eggs. Just rollerblading is really annoying. :/

I could see a third game, but with ORASa few months away, I can't bring myself to do that. If you got a cartridge copy and bought PokeBank on your second 3DS, couldn't you transfer Pokemon from one digital game through bank to the cart, then through the other bank to the second digital game? An extra step, but workable.

Like you, I need to advance my Y game. I rushed to Route 7 to breed Oceans and then stopped. These skates are killing me.

Oh, are you online? Want your berries?

lupinko

I could see a third game, but with ORASa few months away, I can't bring myself to do that. If you got a cartridge copy and bought PokeBank on your second 3DS, couldn't you transfer Pokemon from one digital game through bank to the cart, then through the other bank to the second digital game? An extra step, but workable.

Like you, I need to advance my Y game. I rushed to Route 7 to breed Oceans and then stopped. These skates are killing me.

Oh, are you online? Want your berries?

Oh I just got to work so I won't be available until the afternoon my time. :x

I'm also interested in ability capsules since you can never have enough of those! But yeah I have your 5IV flawless Polar Scatterbug ready in a premier ball as well as a flawless 5IV Oshawott. I can do a flawless Premier Ball 5iv flawless Elegant too if you are interested.

Anyway both my games are digital on different region 3DS. I wanted to buy Y originally as a cart but it came bundled digital on my Blue XY JP 3DS. I am thinking about getting cartridge X JP and Y NA down the line for collection purposes and I guess farming? Tho that's kinda overkill right now. But if I get the cart JP X this week I can grab extra event PC mons and I guess another Diancie at the movie this weekend. Since there is no guarantee that my NA X will be able to get it. I only have bank on my JP 3DS at the moment and not on my NA.

Is the Diancie event a local wireless at the theatre? Does anyone know or know of how previous events did it?

Edit: Oh screw it, if I can find a second hand copy cheap this week, I'll get JP X cart.

Oh I just got to work so I won't be available until the afternoon my time. :x

I'm also interested in ability capsules since you can never have enough of those! But yeah I have your 5IV flawless Polar Scatterbug ready in a premier ball as well as a flawless 5IV Oshawott. I can do a flawless Premier Ball 5iv flawless Elegant too if you are interested.

Anyway both my games are digital on different region 3DS. I wanted to buy Y originally as a cart but it came bundled digital on my Blue XY JP 3DS. I am thinking about getting cartridge X JP and Y NA down the line for collection purposes and I guess farming? Tho that's kinda overkill right now. But if I get the cart JP X this week I can grab extra event PC mons and I guess another Diancie at the movie this weekend. Since there is no guarantee that my NA X will be able to get it. I only have bank on my JP 3DS at the moment and not on my NA.

I can toss some Ability Capsules your way. Since I spent the last six weeks moving across the country I haven't had any play time to work on anything new/neat. Otherwise I am grateful for anything you trade my way.

*edit*
I love PokeBank. 569 Battle Points to date. Shopping spree!

lupinko

Oh right how does the powersaves thing work? Because if I can get a JP cart X, doesn't that mean I can redo the Diancie event over and over? Though with powersaves you can get the bogus Diancie event as opposed to farming the real event.

Debating if that's actually worth it.

Also looking into Ageto Celebi farming.

Muku

Can I interest you in a 6IV/Adamant Mawile? (uncloned)
FC: 3866-8428-8693

Sure. My FC is in my profile. (Add the non JPN one.) Just send me a PM when you're around or when you'll be available. This 3DS is my secondary, so not on it often.

One, please!

I saw you did a trade for one, but not sure if you gave it back or not. If you still need it, it's yours.

I'm looking for one if you still have it

Indeed I do.

Is the Diancie event a local wireless at the theatre? Does anyone know or know of how previous events did it?

I'm wondering how this is going to work as well. Actually, really need to read over it, once I find it, to see if there's anything else I need to know.

Muku

Okay, you both are on different 3DS's. Going to hop on and see if Nintendo Playstation is on and do a trade, then swap my game to other one for you fek. :)

Edit: fek, whatever you'd like to trade would be fine.

Okay, so no Nintendo Playstation. Going to swap to other 3DS for ya fek. Let me know if you hop on while we're trading Nintendo Playstation.

Edit 2: Are shiny Latias a new fad? Asked for another one, since I got a shiny yesterday, hoping to replace the regular one I had. Get on just now? Shiny Latias again. x_x

Yeah, my buddy finally got done making his bug team, kicked my ass with it, then spent some probably small amount of time today making this.
10502020_760363673986329_5419247172014668841_n.jpg

Sometimes, I wish I could draw.

fek

Okay, you both are on different 3DS's. Going to hop on and see if Nintendo Playstation is on and do a trade, then swap my game to other one for you fek. :)

Edit: fek, whatever you'd like to trade would be fine.

Okay, so no Nintendo Playstation. Going to swap to other 3DS for ya fek. Let me know if you hop on while we're trading Nintendo Playstation.

Thank you!

Muku

Thank you!

You're welcome! It's a beautiful Vivillon.

Edit: Sweet, thank you!! Just realized the Joltik is a 6IV. <3

I should note that while all Vivillon have been spoken for, if you're looking for a Pokeball Vivillon, send me a message and I'll see what I can do.

Renta

Banned
I can toss some Ability Capsules your way. Since I spent the last six weeks moving across the country I haven't had any play time to work on anything new/neat. Otherwise I am grateful for anything you trade my way.

*edit*
I love PokeBank. 569 Battle Points to date. Shopping spree!

How does pokemon bank calculate pokemiles/bp, btw? Like how long does it take to stack up bp like that?

How does pokemon bank calculate pokemiles/bp, btw? Like how long does it take to stack up bp like that?

I don't know, but when I went into Pokemon Bank to deposit a batch of trade evolved Pokemon, it pointed out I had a completion of 666 Pokemon, and then tried to give me 66 Poke Miles, or 6 BP.

Hey Gaf, i'm trying to fill my Vivillon collection and many of you have already been helping me, but i'm still missing some of them, if someone can capture a scatterbug for me (i don't care about ivs, it's just for collection) that would be top notch.

These are the ones i'm missing:

- Meadow
- Tundra
- Sun
- Icy Snow
- Sandstorm
- High Plains
- Monsoon
- Jungle
- Archipielago
- Ocean

I can give out Savannah ones, if someone needs it.

Thanks Gaf!

lupinko

If there's no early trade restriction between ORAS and XY, I'll just trade over Perfect HA Hoenn starters and Wishmaker Jirachi. Hopefully also I'll have Ageto Celebi farming set up by then. And sure why not, Japanese Emerald Mew or Hayley Mew can join too.

I don't know what formula they use. I got PokeBank when it launched, promptly put 600+ Pokemon in. I've been adding more since (I'd estimate there are around 1,000 in there now). I let it sit like that for six weeks and it gave me 2247 miles but I opted for 224 Battle Points instead.

Hey Gaf, i'm trying to fill my Vivillon collection and many of you have already been helping me, but i'm still missing some of them, if someone can capture a scatterbug for me (i don't care about ivs, it's just for collection) that would be top notch.

- High Plains
- Ocean

Thanks Gaf!

I can get you both of these. Let me know what Pokeball, gender and ability you'd like.

Savanna is tied for my favorite pattern, would you be up to the task of breeding me a Scatterbug? I can supply the parents, just looking for a Timid Male Scatterbug in a Premier Ball with 5 perfect stats (missing attack). All the work is done except breeding. If not, that's cool, I still have the High Plains and Ocean Scatterbugs.

Muku

- Meadow
- Tundra
- Sun
- Icy Snow
- Sandstorm
- High Plains
- Monsoon
- Jungle
- Archipielago
- Ocean

Thanks Gaf!

You can mark off Sandstorm and Monsoon. The two Scatters I sent to you earlier are those. :) JPN one is Monsoon, the other one is the Sand.

Edit: Oh screw it, if I can find a second hand copy cheap this week, I'll get JP X cart.

Diancie is local wireless apparently, so you should be able to get it on any region game.

Oh right how does the powersaves thing work? Because if I can get a JP cart X, doesn't that mean I can redo the Diancie event over and over? Though with powersaves you can get the bogus Diancie event as opposed to farming the real event.

Debating if that's actually worth it.

It lets you backup saves and use some cheat codes. But there are two caveats that I know of. One, it doesn't support Japanese 3DSes (I think) and, two, you need an internet connection and PC/laptop to run it.

Is it likely there will be Wi-Fi in the theatre? If not, you won't be able to use powersaves inside. You'll also need to lug in a laptop to the theatre or something.

Also, the bogus events aren't quite as cool as the real thing : P

If there's no early trade restriction between ORAS and XY, I'll just trade over Perfect HA Hoenn starters and Wishmaker Jirachi. Hopefully also I'll have Ageto Celebi farming set up by then. And sure why not, Japanese Emerald Mew or Hayley Mew can join too.

That sounds awesome. I'll probably be boring and play ORAS normally XD

Also if you can farm any of those (I hear Hayley's Mew can be farmed), I'd love one ^^

I can provide Meadow : )

Muku

Any region game would be interesting. That mean you could lug three 3DS's and 3 copies of the game and get 3 Diancie?

Any region game would be interesting. That mean you could lug three 3DS's and 3 copies of the game and get 3 Diancie?

Unless my info is off, then yup.

Why do you guys have so many 3DSes? o__o

Lol, I have three, but one is my sister's and the other is for work.

OG Black 3DS (E3 2011)
3x Zelda Triforce 3DS XL (Nov 2013)
Black/Blue 2DS (Nov 2013)

Can't you just swap carts?
unless inferior digital

Muku

One is my original 3DS model, the other one is my XL version. Then I own a JPN 3DS LL. :)

OG Black 3DS (E3 2011)
3x Zelda Triforce 3DS XL (Nov 2013)
Black/Blue 2DS (Nov 2013)

Can't you just swap carts?
unless inferior digital

Well, I'd have to bring a minimum of two. US 3DS and JPN 3DS. Don't own digital version.. but I'd collect street passes along way on all 3 was my thinking. xD

JulianImp

Yeah, my buddy finally got done making his bug team, kicked my ass with it, then spent some probably small amount of time today making this.

Sometimes, I wish I could draw.

Nice! Having bred a monobug team myself, I finally realized there were enough of them to give me some breathing room in terms of species and roles. My favorites are Mega Pinsir, Volcarona, Galvantula, Vivillon, Assault Vest Escavalier (which doubles as a counter for trick room teams) and Forretress, but I also have Prankster Illumise, Speed Boost Scolipede, regular Scizor and an Armaldo to shake things up every now and then.

Once I got used to my bugs, I became quite competent at holding my own, even against problem pokemon such as Talonflame. For reference, PBalfredo finally beat me on his third badge challenge after re-breeding some of his mons and coming up with an amazingly detailed plan to counter my team, which is when I realized how far I had come in terms of understanding how to play with a monobug team.

Now, I'm building a regular team with stuff I like, but I'm definitely taking my time breeding and raising mons this time around. I currently have Malamar and Tangrowth ready (which might not even make it), Crobat fully EVd, am working on Diglett and shiny Hoppip's EVs, and I guess I'll be breeding Houndour and settling on the remaining members of my team soon. The team's theme, besides being about mons I like, will be setting up sunlight and abusing it as much as possible, but I feel like my current team configuration is a bit too weak to ice to work reliably...

Gonna stop breeding Scatterbugs for a bit. Have a Luxury Garden and Meadow for Seil, finally.

Dang, why'd I have to go with Chikorita as my new breeding project? Hatched nearly a box and no female yet >___<

Hoping my complaining here will get me a shiny 5 IV or something. Or at least a female 5 IV.

Gonna stop breeding Scatterbugs for a bit. Have a Luxury Garden and Meadow for Seil, finally.

Dang, why'd I have to go with Chikorita as my new breeding project? Hatched nearly a box and no female yet >___<

Hoping my complaining here will get me a shiny 5 IV or something. Or at least a female 5 IV.

I just started breeding Luxury Ball Ocean Scatterbugs for Seil. Best of luck with your Chikoritas!

I just started breeding Luxury Ball Ocean Scatterbugs for Seil. Best of luck with your Chikoritas!
Thanks!

Got two females after I filled one box. One of them was just about OK for seeding the next generation, but sucks that it has 0 Special Defence D:

Do we know when we are getting Diancie in the US? Is it possible to SR event Pokemon for natures and such? Just wondering.

If it's from Mystery Gift, yes. You just need to save right before the delivery girl in the Pokemon Centre, then reset until you get the right Pokemon.

Only time you can't is if it's from Pokemon Link, like the Pokemon Bank Celebi. Just hope that Diancie isn't found in a side game!

Wanace

Anyone going to Nationals this weekend? I'm going to register at 7 tomorrow evening to try and get a t-shirt. Competition starts at 8 on the 4th.

It lets you backup saves and use some cheat codes. But there are two caveats that I know of. One, it doesn't support Japanese 3DSes (I think) and, two, you need an internet connection and PC/laptop to run it.

Is it likely there will be Wi-Fi in the theatre? If not, you won't be able to use powersaves inside. You'll also need to lug in a laptop to the theatre or something.
Lupinko could just wait to get his Diancie until after lupinko made a save back-up. I would say that the most useful thing about Powersaves is just the save back-up feature because you can SR for things easier and can also use KeySAV to check IVs very easily.

Also, I think there is a Powersaves for the JPN region.

Firestorm

Anyone going to Nationals this weekend? I'm going to register at 7 tomorrow evening to try and get a t-shirt. Competition starts at 8 on the 4th.
PRE-REGISTER NOW. You check-in tomorrow evening but you need to pre-reg. Leaving on my flight tonight. I'll probably be helping with check-in so see you then!

lupinko

Yeah there is a Japanese equivalent to powersaves, I have two copies of the game already but the eshop versions on both region 3ds.

So how does it work? I'd have a save backup with the wonder card first and just redeem Diancie over and over by reloading the same save on the cart via computer? Kinda like my Dream Radar farming?

Oh both Turtwig and Treecko are ready for iV breeding.

And I used to also have a og black launch 3ds but I gave it to a friend when I got my red XL, so I have that and my blue xy LL.

I picked up a new love plus nene for my buddy back at home and now I'm kinda tempted to get my own because the console looks nice. Lol

But I guess I'll wait for a ORAS or Z 3ds or smash or something.

Edit: I also have a 4iv Totodile with egg moves that I also intend to breed.

Edit: oh I can definitely farm Hayley's Mew and Phione. When I did it initially I only had one cart, before I got put on my current path in the competitive and breeding metagame, I was getting the 500 mons required on my second cart. Since MPR accepts multiple carts per MPR save. So I just have to withdraw the 999 to both carts and deposit and repeat.

Though I'm in no rush to resume that since RNGed Japanese Emerald Mews are available everywhere nowadays.

Yeah there is a Japanese equivalent to powersaves, I have two copies of the game already but the eshop versions on both region 3ds.

So how does it work? I'd have a save backup with the wonder card first and just redeem Diancie over and over by reloading the same save on the cart via computer? Kinda like my Dream Radar farming?
Yep, that's how it works.

Woot! Not usually one for luxury balls, but 6IV female Luxury Ball Ocean Scatterbug get!

Anyone can help me evolve two Feebass' real quick?

Can do. I'm online, Trainer "Drew". I think we're already friends

I haven't, no. However I also forgot to mention that I'd like one in a luxury ball haha. I can provide a female for that, too.

Your 5IV Timid male Luxury Ball Ocean Scatterbug is ready. Let me know if you prefer Shield Dust or Compound Eyes, or a female.

The mother went from Lv1 to Lv44, so I guess not that long. Sadly the IV split is not perfect, 31/31/31/31/x/x. Doesn't matter though, so pretty!

Top Bottom