• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

lupinko

Yep, that's how it works.

Oh ok, then I can farm Diancie providing I buy a cart then.

Edit: Anyone have a Timid, Modest or Bold 6IV Ditto? Might as well have a third cart to do breeding, too bad I don't have a third 3DS. LOL

Doesn't have to be JPN or ENG, would prefer something different like FRE, GER, ITA, KOR or SPA.

If it can't be those then then JPN or ENG would be good, I got a shiny quiet Ditto off GTS but it was only 5IV.

Nature doesn't matter but it would be more useful to go with my 6IV Adamant Shiny and 6IV Jolly.

On the starter front, I just bred a 6iv parent for HA Turtwig, I'm working on Totodile's 6IV parent, then back to HA Treecko.

Savanna is tied for my favorite pattern, would you be up to the task of breeding me a Scatterbug? I can supply the parents, just looking for a Timid Male Scatterbug in a Premier Ball with 5 perfect stats (missing attack). All the work is done except breeding. If not, that's cool, I still have the High Plains and Ocean Scatterbugs.

If you're not in a rush and don't mind waiting (and i mean i might take more than a month), then i could breed you one. Pm me the details.

If you're not in a rush and don't mind waiting (and i mean i might take more than a month), then i could breed you one. Pm me the details.

It's a tall request, take all the time you need, I won't expect anything. I have High Plains and Ocean Scatterbugs ready for you now unless you'd like specific PokeBalls, genders or abilities.

Alright, I fell for the dumbest trick in the history of dumb tricks.

A guy randomly traded me two eggs he claimed were a Shaymin egg and a Phione egg, by using pokemon named "Shaymin Egg" and showing me the actual pokemon.

Turns out to be a bunch of Seedots. If the Seedot guy is reading: joke's on you, I needed a Seedot to complete my pokedex! But I don't need two Seedots. And it was probably not worth giving up a Delphox and an Umbreon.

So the moral of this story should be to beware of people offering eggs over the internet. But the real lesson here is don't be a gullible dumbass.

Good-bye Delphox! Good-bye Umbreon!

A guy randomly traded me two eggs he claimed were a Shaymin egg and a Phione egg, by using pokemon named "Shaymin Egg" and showing me the actual pokemon.

Turns out to be a bunch of Seedots. If the Seedot guy is reading: joke's on you, I needed a Seedot to complete my pokedex! But I don't need two Seedots. And it was probably not worth giving up a Delphox and an Umbreon.

So the moral of this story should be to beware of people offering eggs over the internet. But the real lesson here is don't be a gullible dumbass.

...For future reference, if somebody claims to have a Shaymin egg then they are a big fucking liar. >_>

Yup, as stated in the previous post, if they have a Shaymin egg, they're a liar or it's hacked. And when pokemon are in eggs, it just says "Egg".

If you really need anything, just holler here on GAF, way safer and can probably net you higher quality pokemon.

Yup, as stated in the previous post, if they have a Shaymin egg, they're a liar or it's hacked. And when pokemon are in eggs, it just says "Egg".

If you really need anything, just holler here on GAF, way safer and can probably net you higher quality pokemon.

Nah, I'm trying to go for a full pokedex. Not even halfway through, so there's nothing specific I'm looking for. But I got blinded by my greed!

...You know you have a serious hoarding problem when you've ran out of Pokemon Bank boxes. Luckily I have already organized things for my Live Dex so I'll just release everything I don't need for competitive stuff, which would be most of the leftovers. :(

I got a ton of Bank slots left so I'm willing to take any decent leftovers.

I'm still debating if I should even make slots for a shiny livingdex.

Muku

Definitely let us know on GAF if you need anything. You can't trust most of the folks on GTS. I remember soon as Diancie was announced folks were on saying "Diancie egg". LOL yeah... no. I'm sure we'll help you in whatever way we can though.

lupinko

Anyone want a shiny polar Scatterbug? It's in a great ball and is 3IV iirc. It was bred by accident when trying to breed a 5iv female parent. Why couldn't it have been my premier ball??!

Oh well, so yeah that's available. I'll probably once again abandon my shiny Larvitar run again. It have me like a lot of flawless 5IV and three more 6IVs. Lol

So gaf who gets priority first for the flawless 5iv (and perfect shiny for me), HA Turtwig or Oshawott?

Anyone want a shiny polar Scatterbug? It's in a great ball and is 3IV iirc. It was bred by accident when trying to breed a 5iv female parent. Why couldn't it have been my premier ball??!

I would like it. But i have nothing to give for it. I'm currently online and my FC is in my profile.

Hmm...somehow people seem to be just giving me legendaries today.

Terrakion for Shiny Zapdos
Bibarel for Cobalion
Rotom for Uxie

Oh well, more to the legendary collection. At this rate I'll fill up one box of Gen 4 and Gen 5 legendaries soon.

Muku

Okay seriously... the third Shiny Latias while asking for a normal one on GTS. What is going on?

Edit: Okay, well right now have the following for trade:

x1 Shiny Entei
x2 Shiny Latias

Awesome! Which ones you missing? Mostly evolved ones?

MOSTLY some Hoenn ones, but I need something to do when ORAS hits. I might sneak in a few trades though.

EDIT: Yeah I'm tracking 16 non-Hoenn native Pokemon that I need, the rest are in ORAS unless I'm missing some in my list.

Total List of Pokemon I don't have:

Natu/Xatu
Pineco/Forettres
Treecko/Grovyle/Sceptile
Seedot/Nuzleaf/Shiftry
Shroomish/Breloom
Anorith/Armaldo
Castform
Spheal/Sealeo/Walrein
Regice/Registeel/Regirock
Groudon/Rayquaza
Luxio
Cherrim (Have Cherubi)
Ambipom
Buneary (Have Lopunny)
Mismagius (Have Misdreavus)
Dialga
Unfezant (Have Tranquill)
Tympole/Palpitoad (Have Seismitoad)
Beheeyem (Have Elgyem)

Thundurus (Have Dream Radar)

I'll take any trades for ones I just plain don't have one of the family, but other than that I should be set to go. I won't trade for the ORAS Legendaries though.

ugoo18

Can someone please explain to me how the heck i lost this battle?

A7JG-WWWW-WWW8-BUKB

I had more HP at the very end when the timer ran out yet it says i lost?

WTF

backlot

Can someone please explain to me how the heck i lost this battle?

A7JG-WWWW-WWW8-BUKB

I had more HP at the very end when the timer ran out yet it says i lost?

WTF

Because Rotom has higher HP than your Shuckle. You probably had a higher percent of your HP but Rotom still had more HP overall.

ugoo18

Because Rotom has higher HP than your Shuckle. You probably had a higher percent of your HP but Rotom still had more HP overall.

So i lost because Rotom's overall HP was greater therefore when he lost HP he still had more than my Shuckle even though my Shuckle was at full HP unlike the opposing Rotom....... -_-

Possibly one of the most bs technicalities to lose due to. It should be done by overall percentage out of 100% of health rather than this method that pretty much punishes anything that has low HP to begin with.

Muku

Anything specific for those?

Well, would prefer to trade for other shiny legendaries, as I'm trying to work on them for shiny dex. But honestly not sure how many folks have extras and/or even have them at all. Otherwise not really looking for anything specific.

Edit: Son of a Basculine.... another shiny Latias. Someone is trolling me. Make that...

x1 Shiny Entei
x3 Shiny Latias

Two of the Shiny Latias are 6IV. The other doesn't have any perfect stats but came with a Destiny Knot. Leaving that Knot on it for whoever gets it.

...for trade.

Edit 2: Nintendo Playstation, when you're free, send me a trade request so I can finally give you Vivillon, LOL. Every time I get on you're always busy. :(

Well, would prefer to trade for other shiny legendaries, as I'm trying to work on them for shiny dex. But honestly not sure how many folks have extras and/or even have them at all. Otherwise not really looking for anything specific.

Edit: Son of a Basculine.... another shiny Latias. Someone is trolling me. Make that...

x1 Shiny Entei
x3 Shiny Latias

...for trade.

I wish I had extra shiny legendaries but unfortunately the ones I have I don't want to put them up for trade yet.

I don't have many shinies in general, although somehow I've recently stumbled upon a shiny legendary surge. Recently picked up the following:

Shiny Zapdos
Shiny Tornadus
Shiny Cobalion
Shiny Groudon

But yeah, shiny legendaries have been popping up a lot more recently.

So i lost because Rotom's overall HP was greater therefore when he lost HP he still had more than my Shuckle even though my Shuckle was at full HP unlike the opposing Rotom....... -_-

Possibly one of the most bs technicalities to lose due to. It should be done by overall percentage out of 100% of health rather than this method that pretty much punishes anything that has low HP to begin with.

According to PGL

A timer will automatically count down the time left in the game.
If no winner has been determined when the designated time has expired, the game will automatically determine the winner using the following conditions in hierarchical order.

1: Whoever has the most Pokémon remaining wins
2: If both Trainers have the same number of Pokémon remaining, the Trainer with the highest ratio of total HP remaining/total maximum HP for all Pokémon in his or her party wins.
3: If there is no clear winner from conditions 1 or 2, then the Trainer with the highest total HP remaining wins.

If there is still no clear winner, the battle will be a draw.
These are the rules for the battle competitions, but I assume it's the same for random online play, since I had a battle similar to yours. What I assume happened is that Rotom took Infestation damage after the timer ran out.

KiraFA37

This thread constantly reminds me I need to finish my second playthrough and get back into the IV and breeding game, but when I play wondertrading happens for several hours.

PS: any spare pokeball Vivillions going around? Would love to have one.

lupinko

I'm getting confused now, who is the gaffer with the marine Vivillon pattern? I confused TheShadowKnight with them, whoops, but got a cool Continental.

Also thanks to TSK for said continental, and thanks also to The Creator for the Savannah and Aveyn for the Meadow.

JoeM86

Had a nice battle with a friend yesterday. We agreed to not use Pokémon that are seen too often (Kangaskhan, Aegislash, Talonflame, Rotom etc.) Full 6 on 6 Singles battle, too.

Managed to 4-0 him. God bless my Nidoking :) He had some interesting combos though. Lead with a Zebstrika which would have totally screwed with me if I didn't decide to Focus Sash my lead at the last minute.

5:30 AM. I need to go to bed... But I got my gold trainer card so it was worth it! Glad my trio of Thick the Dragonite, Long the Suicune, and Hard the Aegislash pulled through for me. <3

I'm getting confused now, who is the gaffer with the marine Vivillon pattern? I confused TheShadowKnight with them, whoops, but got a cool Continental.

Also thanks to TSK for said continental, and thanks also to The Creator for the Savannah and Aveyn for the Meadow.

It should be Umberto ^^

Also need to give Seil a Luxury Ball Garden and Meadow. One of those I couldn't breed a 5 IV flawless so they'll have to settle with a 6 IV one instead (awesome if you like big numbers, but ouch at that self-confusion damage).

lupinko

I like how my used copy of X still had the event torchic never used. So yes I looted the save prior to wiping it.

Got a Modest Moltres out of it but not the best stats, since I didn't have enough time to grind it out, since it was the last day of a PC event.

Renta

Banned
Ugh. I'm sitting here about to ev train my new baltoy and once again my pokerus spreader has lost its pokerus. Yeah, I can re-spread pokerus to it, but it's annoying that this keeps happening. I cannot be the only one with this issue.

Renta

Banned
X values of 0 are not legitimate; if a Pokémon were to have Pokérus with an X value of 0, when the Pokémon would be cured of Pokérus, it is instead treated as never having it at all.

Thanks for clearing that up. I was confused for the longest time.

Also, VGCs started. Jr finalist up now: http://www.twitch.tv/pokemon

Corey is running galade and moltres. props.

Wanace

Great battles at Nationals this year. I just watched the finals on Twitch.

I competed, went 2-3, and dropped out because there was no way for me to continue and I wanted to have BBQ at home.

Got the shiny event Mamowsine, talked to some cool people, and really had fun. Can't wait to participate more next year.

Mmm... finished training my competitive Vivillons donated by everybody.

Now I have a Level 50 Monsoon, Meadow, Marine, Polar, Ocean and Icy Snow; enough for a battle team lol.

Still hoping for a Tundra one day though.

Macka

All this time I thought Vivillon was spelt Vivillion and pronounced Viv-illion (like million). I just watched an episode of the anime and found out it's pronounced Viv-ee-on. Whoa.

Anyway, I'm just getting back into Pokemon after a few weeks off. Got super busy at work and didn't have any time to play. I kind of want to get in on this Vivillon action. I haven't bothered collecting them yet but now's the time.

Are people here breeding 5IV versions of them? How does breeding them work? If I get a diferent region Vivillon and breed it in my game do I get Scatterbugs of that type?

All this time I thought Vivillon was spelt Vivillion and pronounced Viv-illion (like million). I just watched an episode of the anime and found out it's pronounced Viv-ee-on. Whoa.

The name Vivillon is a combination of papillon (french for butterfly) and vivid. Blame the french language for odd pronunciation.

Seil

It should be Umberto ^^

Also need to give Seil a Luxury Ball Garden and Meadow. One of those I couldn't breed a 5 IV flawless so they'll have to settle with a 6 IV one instead (awesome if you like big numbers, but ouch at that self-confusion damage).

That's fine. I have a 31/0/31/31/31/31 Icy Snow for use, but having 5/6IV ones for the collection is nice.

Are people here breeding 5IV versions of them? How does breeding them work? If I get a diferent region Vivillon and breed it in my game do I get Scatterbugs of that type?

Yeah. I've slowed down a bit, though, working on another project, but need to get back into the Vivillon trading lol. The pattern is based on the game they come from. So, a scatterbug from my X will become Icy Snow no matter where it evolves. No matter what pattern the parents, if a game has Garden pattern, all Scatterbug born there will be Garden Vivillon.

The region setting is taken from your 3DS when the save is first started, so it gets locked in, but it's possible to manipulate your pattern by changing your 3DS's region before starting a game. Sadly, the regions you can select are decided to an extent by the actual region of the device. So some patterns are off limits for some regions, Monsoon is an example of an impossible pattern for NA 3DS's I believe.

Top Bottom