• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

Muku

It's funny that yours are male lupinko. Mine kept coming out female. I think my JP one is male though. Got that one to Timid. US X and Y kept getting females. Ended up with a Modest one on X. I fudged up on Y and saved with a Brave one, ugh. Ah well.

After 55 soft resets I finally got a male Modest relatively superior Fancy Vivillon with fantastic Special Attack and Speed! Ability Capsule fixed to have Compound Eyes :)

Now for my Y cartridge that I still haven't SR my Torchic...

If someone else can help me fill my vivillon collection, i'm missing the following ones:

- Meadow
- Tundra
- Sun
- Icy Snow
- Archipielago

Don't care about iv's, attack, or pokeball. Anything is fine.

Muku

If someone else can help me fill my vivillon collection, i'm missing the following ones:

- Meadow
- Tundra
- Sun
- Icy Snow
- Sandstorm
- Archipielago

Don't care about iv's, attack, or pokeball. Anything is fine.

When we traded, I gave you two, correct? The JPN one should have been Monsoon and the English one should be Sandstorm. You'd just need to evolve it, but you should have a Sandstorm already then.

lupinko

I can keep downloading this event on a new save during the available dates right?

Because my JP X cart if it's not female, I'll just do a game wipe and try again.

I haven't even picked my starter yet in that one. Lol

Gonna be Fennekin, modest/timid female, which I'm currently SR for out of old times. Lol

In that game who should be the starter teammates again?

First game: Froakie / Charmander / Torchic
Second game: Chespin / Charmander / Oshawott
Third game: Fennekin / Bulbasaur or Squirtle / non-fire and or non gen 1&6 starter

First playthrough I didn't have everybody available hence why double fire, since Charmander out of nostalgia and Torchic was an event gift.

If or when I do the eventual fourth playthrough I'm just going to trade over dragon eggs or something. Lol

Edit: Should I try to do the Darkrai/Shaymin surf glitch or I'm better off getting a proaction replay and giving myself the WC event? It requires Japanese DP for the surf glitch apparently.

Lol I'm completely in this series now and there is really no going back.

Also with all these games (I'm also planning on getting a cart NA Y, then do the same with ORAS with eventual digital/physical split) I'll be able to grab a ton of events going forward.

I horde way too much, haha.

I'm gonna need powersaves for sure to farm the cart events.

Been working on my living dex. I'm currently at 566 obtained mons and am done with the first two gens.

Guess I'm slowly but steadily working my way towards my goal. :)

lupinko

My Japanese game has female, so it's all good.

Crisis averted, I'll just get the two males to be compound eyes and shield dust.

I've decided to trade my starter Fennekin on the GTS for Froakie so I end up with both Greninja (cause I think Delphox looks garbage) and Zapdos post-game.

I genuinely do not know why I didn't think of this for earlier runs.

lupinko

I've decided to trade my starter Fennekin on the GTS for Froakie so I end up with both Greninja (cause I think Delphox looks garbage) and Zapdos post-game.

I genuinely do not know why I didn't think of this for earlier runs.

Actually for this run, I think I should keep my starter Fennekin as a Fennekin. LOL

Going to do Fennekin / Blastoise / Sceptile. I'm going to trade over that 5IV flawless Adamant reject (because it's not Unburden, and it didn't get the three other Egg moves that my Treecko line eventually got) over.

That or someone can give better excuses for Lady Gaga pokemon to use ingame, I know competitively one gaffer gave that great Magician build that I plan to use.

lupinko

I don't want a giant box of Turtwigs, so I have a lot of 5IV reject Shell Armor with egg moves and adamant that I want to dump err want to give away to GAF.

The RNG gods are not giving me a flawless or perfect shiny from the 6iv parents.

Edit: so yeah if I can buy one of those backup save devices (there are tons by many different companies here in Japan), then I may very well be able to farm Diancie. So not clones but different and legitimate Diancies.

I guess this also applies to those other two unreleased pokes.

lupinko

Isn't it odd that Kalos doesn't have its own Mew?

So an adorable Poke with stats of 600 all 100 even?

Gen 1 - Mew
Gen 2 - Celebi
Gen 3 - Jirachi
Gen 4 - Manaphy
Gen 5 - Victini

Closest is Hoopa but apparently doesn't have the stats to back up its adorableness.

MegaMelon

Isn't it odd that Kalos doesn't have its own Mew?

So an adorable Poke with stats of 600 all 100 even?

Gen 1 - Mew
Gen 2 - Celebi
Gen 3 - Jirachi
Gen 4 - Manaphy
Gen 5 - Victini

Closest is Hoopa but apparently doesn't have the stats to back up its adorableness.

I'd argue Diancie is supposed to fulfill that role. It's the first to be revealed, it's the cutest
Unless you think hoopa is cuter but...nah lol
and its stats are the closest with only stats being movedso 5o from hp and speed dumped into defences.

lupinko

I'd argue Diancie is supposed to fulfill that role. It's the first to be revealed, it's the cutest
Unless you think hoopa is cuter but...nah lol
and its stats are the closest with only stats being movedso 5o from hp and speed dumped into defences.

Well Diancie doesn't have the straight 100s, Diancie is at best Gen 6's Shaymin.

I don't want a giant box of Turtwigs, so I have a lot of 5IV reject Shell Armor with egg moves and adamant that I want to dump err want to give away to GAF.

The RNG gods are not giving me a flawless or perfect shiny from the 6iv parents.

Edit: so yeah if I can buy one of those backup save devices (there are tons by many different companies here in Japan), then I may very well be able to farm Diancie. So not clones but different and legitimate Diancies.

I guess this also applies to those other two unreleased pokes.

I don't really play competitve (yet), so those "reject" Turtwigs would be fine with me.

Velcro Fly

Think I'm going to start the ridiculous process of getting things from Gen 3 and 4 onto Black/Black 2 for transfer. I did a little bit when it was free but not nearly all. I want to have my original Blaziken and my Sapphire legendaries come full circle.

Just the other day I went and got all of the mega stones. Think I want to go for all TMs too.

For OR/AS I'm thinking about doing a single type in game team. Water has good diversity in hybrid types that cover weakness. Ground is a lot more difficult in that regard. Not going to breed for stats/moves but I'd like it if the stuff I won't immediately find in OR/AS to be Kalos born.

Also I might try to grind out a shiny Gengar for that sexy looking Mega Gengar.

Plus I need to catch my legendaries even though I have a few legit ones on my carts somewhere.

It feels weird coming back to this game after not playing for months and suddenly I want to play again.

At long last, my Method of Masudaing has come into fruition

klefki.gif

I wanted to great a break about midway but then I found this baby

swirlix.gif

Unfortunately, this Klefki doesn't have Switcheroo that I've passing down from it parent, probably because I took it it out at one point. But no matter. I have other Klefki for that. I'm just glad I finally finished this.

Does anyone have a spare Scizorite...and Metal Coat? I wanna raise up a MScizor for Evo this weekend in the likely case that there's people who bring Pokemon with them.

EDIT: I have to leave for work, but I'll check again when I get back tonight.

one_kill

At long last, my Method of Masudaing has come into fruition

klefki.gif

I wanted to great a break about midway but then I found this baby

swirlix.gif

Unfortunately, this Klefki doesn't have Switcheroo that I've passing down from it parent, probably because I took it it out at one point. But no matter. I have other Klefki for that. I'm just glad I finally finished this.
Congrats dude!

I swear I'm going to try and MM a Swirlix one day

When we traded, I gave you two, correct? The JPN one should have been Monsoon and the English one should be Sandstorm. You'd just need to evolve it, but you should have a Sandstorm already then.

Woops, you are right. I forgot to update my checklist.

lupinko

Just got scammed on GTS when shopping for 6iv dittos, traded a hardy DR Landorus for what was supposed to be a 6iv shiny modest ditto, turned out it was naughty and garbage IVs.

Oh well, sometimes it works out, I got the 6iv shiny adamant and the 5iv shiny quiet.

Oswen

I'm getting confused now, who is the gaffer with the marine Vivillon pattern? I confused TheShadowKnight with them, whoops, but got a cool Continental..

That's me! Been waiting for days for your PM!
I thought you didn't need it anymore, anyway i'm usually around (EU timezone) just drop me a pm and i'll answer right back if i'm available.
I think i have a spare timid 5IV marine lying around (Net ball though since i usually breed them in those), if not just trade me a parent and i'll do the breeding.

Top Bottom