• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

lupinko

That's me! Been waiting for days for your PM!
I thought you didn't need it anymore, anyway i'm usually around (EU timezone) just drop me a pm and i'll answer right back if i'm available.
I think i have a spare timid 5IV marine lying around (Net ball though since i usually breed them in those), if not just trade me a parent and i'll do the breeding.

Oh I'm sorry, I forgot and have been busy lately, you wanted my polar and elegant in luxury balls? Or are you okay with premier polar and elegant luxury? I have the dive ball parent too ready.

Oswen

Oh I'm sorry, I forgot and have been busy lately, you wanted my polar and elegant in luxury balls? Or are you okay with premier polar and elegant luxury? I have the dive ball parent too ready.

It's ok don't worry.
Premier and Luxury are more than enough, thanks :)
I'll be on for a while just drop me a pm when you can trade and i should notice.

Velcro Fly

So coming up with a water team for Alpha Sapphire was so fun I'm considering doing it for other types. Just thinking about a bug type team with Heracross, Scizor, Pinsir, and Volcarona seems hilarious. Or a steel team with Magnezone, Lucario, Metagross, and Aegislash. Having all my old games and being able to transfer anything I can legally obtain easily up to the current gen is a fucking godsend. I will have more fun building ridiculous theme teams than I ever had before.

JulianImp

So coming up with a water team for Alpha Sapphire was so fun I'm considering doing it for other types. Just thinking about a bug type team with Heracross, Scizor, Pinsir, and Volcarona seems hilarious. Or a steel team with Magnezone, Lucario, Metagross, and Aegislash. Having all my old games and being able to transfer anything I can legally obtain easily up to the current gen is a fucking godsend. I will have more fun building ridiculous theme teams than I ever had before.

I've done normal, ground and steel monotype runs in Platinum, mono-ghost in W2 and begun a mono-flying run in HG. Having played the role of a mono-bug gym leader in Y, I'm considering going for a mono-poison run next time around.

I guess it's going to work out fine as long as they balance the game a bit better around the new Experience Share.

spiritfox

Monotype teams are fun, but I like making themed teams like weather teams and Trick Rooms teams too. Makes you play in ways you never would if you didn't try it out. Also made me appreciate the Doubles format more compared to when I was just using a standard team.

JulianImp

You play with exp share on? Crazy.

I didn't know the game was horribly unbalanced with it on until it was too late. Still, I was expecting more trainers to have full teams and stuff like that.

Next time, regardless of what I end up doing with monotype runs and whatnot, I think I might consider doing a no pokémon center run. Perhaps that'll finally give me a reason to use all those ethers that'd do nothing but sit in my inventory gathering dust forever and ever.

spiritfox

I didn't know the game was horribly unbalanced with it on until it was too late. Still, I was expecting more trainers to have full teams and stuff like that.

Next time, regardless of what I end up doing with monotype runs and whatnot, I think I might consider doing a no pokémon center run. Perhaps that'll finally give me a reason to use all those ethers that'd do nothing but sit in my inventory gathering dust forever and ever.

Leppas pls

joelseph

So I started getting back into these damn games! I have never completed a Dex before and am considering going after the National Pokedex. How insane is this goal? I am sitting at like 310 currently. I might die before this is finished.

So I started getting back into these damn games! I have never completed a Dex before and am considering going after the National Pokedex. How insane is this goal? I am sitting at like 310 currently. I might die before this is finished.

310 obtained or seen?

You might actually be in a good position, thanks to Wonder Trade, GTS (don't seek, deposit!) and people like us on GAF : )

I'm at 472 obtained right now and I haven't been actively trying to fill in the dex.

joelseph

310 obtained or seen?

You might actually be in a good position, thanks to Wonder Trade, GTS (don't seek, deposit!) and people like us on GAF : )

I'm at 472 obtained right now and I haven't been actively trying to fill in the dex.

Good question. I am hoping for obtained. I did transfer a few boxes from my completed copies of B/W and B/W2. The entire process is so tedious. Don't think I have the patience to bring anything up from older generations. Wonder Trade and Gaf should suffice. =)

I actually just finished my own National Dex last night! It's not insane, but it helps to have the older games, know that it will take a while, and feel free to ask for help, use the GTS, and wondertrade to fill in.

Learn what is good tradebait on the GTS, breed/raise said tradebait, and voila, your quest is now significantly easier.

I would say it's actually a lot easier this gen than last gen simply because of XY letting you ask for mons you haven't seen yet.

Wanace

Does anyone have a multiscale Dragonite that they can give me, or a hidden ability Dragonair or Dratini?

I've been trying to encounter one in White 2 but it's really time consuming.

I don't even care about IVs or egg moves, I've already got one with the moves I want, just not multiscale.

I don't know what you might want in return but I've got some things I can trade.

Does anyone have a multiscale Dragonite that they can give me, or a hidden ability Dragonair or Dratini?

I've been trying to encounter one in White 2 but it's really time consuming.

I don't even care about IVs or egg moves, I've already got one with the moves I want, just not multiscale.

I don't know what you might want in return but I've got some things I can trade.

I have some Adamant Marvel Scale Dratini with Dragon Rush, Dragon Dance, Iron Tail and Extreme Speed. 5IV female or 4IV male. I don't need anything specific but breeding rejects or Scatterbugs are welcome.

JulianImp

Leppas pls

Well, yeah, I feel like you the berry planting thing was a bit too generous in X/Y. Still, I think it took me a while until I was given a Leppa.

...Now that I think about it, repeatable TMs would break the PP system as well. I'd basically have to pretend I was playing the game with gen 1 mechanics to make things harder on me.

Screw it, I'll probably be doing a nuzlocke run, and possibly throw monotype on top of that (as in only catching the first pokémon of my type I come across on each route, I guess).

...Now that I think about it, repeatable TMs would break the PP system as well. I'd basically have to pretend I was playing the game with gen 1 mechanics to make things harder on me.
You need to think about it more then because it doesn't break the PP system. Maybe you forgot that TMs don't restore PP anymore?

Muku

Any suggestions based on experience? Thanks

I dunno these days, but I know Unown was big initially. I tend to breed Scatterbugs. Too far in to bother restarting X to get a good one (would kill to have Icy though), but I breed Monsoon and Sandstorm on my other two games.

Edit: Professor Beef, I have you a Scizorite. Cloning a couple of things for folks this morning and saw the message, so stuck it on one of the ones I was cloning.

JulianImp

You need to think about it more then because it doesn't break the PP system. Maybe you forgot that TMs don't restore PP anymore?

I could've sworn only B/W 1 and 2 had the non-resetting PP limits when using TMs, but that they had removed that for X/Y... >_<

Edit: By the way, if anyone ever needs a bug pokémon with some egg moves and 3-4 IVs, just let me know. I have lots of breeding rejects lying around my PokéBank account such as Pinsir, Scyther, Dweeble, Illumise/Volbeat, Venipede, Larvesta (no HA), Joltik, Karrablast, Anorith (no HA), Scatterbug (ocean pattern, I think), and probably some others as well.

Soma

Phew. 677 Pokemon seen. 662 obtained.

I can almost see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Also people have been oddly generous on Wonder Trade today.

Got a shiny Grumpig and a shiny Zebstrika!

Phew. 677 Pokemon seen. 662 obtained.

I can almost see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Also people have been oddly generous on Wonder Trade today.

Got a shiny Grumpig and a shiny Zebstrika!

Wednesdays are easily the best day for wondertrading since some pokemon streamers do their wondertrading on wednesdays so all their followers pitch in at the same time.

Basically it's the best time to get some real goodies

Wednesdays are easily the best day for wondertrading since some pokemon streamers do their wondertrading on wednesdays so all their followers pitch in at the same time.

Basically it's the best time to get some real goodies

Sometimes it's worth wading through all the junk. In the last week I met Love Ball Budew, Moon Ball Gastly, and Safari Ball Psyduck.

I am pretty fascinated though, I had a trading chain on WT and I actually received one of my own hatchlings back. The game actually paired me up with my own Pancham and gave the "welcome back" message.

Sometimes it's worth wading through all the junk. In the last week I met Love Ball Budew, Moon Ball Gastly, and Safari Ball Psyduck.

I am pretty fascinated though, I had a trading chain on WT and I actually received one of my own hatchlings back. The game actually paired me up with my own Pancham and gave the "welcome back" message.
I got a moon ball Gastly last night. O_O
I guess I should WonderTrade as soon as possible.

JoeM86

For those of you in the UK, a new event has been announced. If you go to GAME, you will have the ability to download a Charizard. This event mimics the event that was in Japan earlier this year and offers a Charizard that will come with the Charizardite Y if you connect with Pokémon X or Charizardite X if you connect with Pokémon Y. It will run from July 11th to August 10th

BsLExx-IgAAYg7-.jpg:large

Yeah someone has been sending off female ghastlys in moon balls on wondertrade for awhile.

I've sent off legendaries through wondertrade (Ones I know that are obviously pokegenned, like OT: Ash with trained ID: 01337. I keep the legits lol.)

onslack

For those of you in the UK, a new event has been announced. If you go to GAME, you will have the ability to download a Charizard. This event mimics the event that was in Japan earlier this year and offers a Charizard that will come with the Charizardite Y if you connect with Pokémon X or Charizardite X if you connect with Pokémon Y. It will run from July 11th to August 10th

Cheers for the heads up, I'll pop to Game over the weekend

Wanace

I finally beat 50 in a row at the Battle Maison!

Super Double Battle. Got crazy at 49 and 50 with legendaries in the mix.

My team was Dragonite, Kangaskhan, Hydreigon, and Gengar.

Basic strategy was Fake Out with Kanga, DD with Dragonite, sweep.

I didn't lose more than 2 pokemon the entire run. Had a few spots where I thought things might go wrong but this is by far the best team I've put together for the Maison.

US when?

Top Bottom