• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

Excluding some event mons I now have my living dex done through Sinnoh.

Man, fuck Sinnoh's gazillion trade evolves and hard-to-get-stones evolves. I just used the GTS for a ton of stuff instead of dealing with that crap. >.>

Unova should be relatively straight forward I think. If I start now I should be able to get my Shiny Charm tomorrow.

Excluding some event mons I now have my living dex done through Sinnoh.

Man, fuck Sinnoh's gazillion trade evolves and hard-to-get-stones evolves. I just used the GTS for a ton of stuff instead of dealing with that crap. >.>

Unova should be relatively straight forward I think. If I start now I should be able to get my Shiny Charm tomorrow.

At least unlike in Gen 5 stones are a renewable resource.

lupinko

I think it's pretty likely Jirachi will get a Mega Evo in ORAS (since Diancie does too and it's Jirachi's remake) so there will probably be more distributions coming in other parts of the world this year.

Just not Shiny, because Shiny Jirachi is exclusive to Sendai.

Not even Tokyo or Osaka get dat Omega Ruby Jirachi.

lupinko

Too bad I don't have move tutors yet, because unlike Wishmaker, shiny tanabata Jirachi doesn't have access to awesome moves like body slam for para flinch bs and stealth rocks, also elemental punches.

Recently I got an idea for an infinte shiny factory. The idea is based on the following:

-An egg and its attributes(including shinyness) are determined when it is generated, e.g. when you collect the previous egg.
-The parents can be swapped between collecting an egg and the next one being ready while maintaining all the attributes.
-Any save back upping device would allow you to restore the save to the point where the shiny egg is generated but the parents are not set.

This of course teeters on the brink of cheating what with the save backup device and all.

Akai__

I hate how these events are region excluisve. :(

I want to own every Pokemon, but there is no chance, if you don't have the previous games anymore...

onslack

Just been to the game in Eastbourne, they couldn't give me the serial code over the counter for the charizard event and I didn't have my 3ds on me FML! :(

I hate how these events are region excluisve. :(

I want to own every Pokemon, but there is no chance, if you don't have the previous games anymore...

If I can get hold of one I'll clone it for you!

But I have nothing to give in return and I would feel bad about it.

Hey, you never know!

There are some things you could provide, like breedables with great egg moves (and/or in cool balls) or maybe Scatterbugs if you have an uncommon pattern.

Or as lupinko said, we can be very generous X D

onslack

Why not? Mine were able to with ease o,o

Not entirely sure, I was just told that they couldn't do it! Only way I could do it was via the mystery gift download on my 3ds! :'(

Hopefully I'm in Birmingham this coming week, the Game there were more helpful lol

Akai__

If I can get hold of one I'll clone it for you!

That's really awesome of you, but I have a Charizard and I really don't care about the Megas so I don't need one. :D

We just give out pokemon like candy, from flawless 5iv to perfect 6iv to legendaries and events.

But how? Do you guys have every Legendary like 10 times?

Hey, you never know!

There are some things you could provide, like breedables with great egg moves (and/or in cool balls) or maybe Scatterbugs if you have an uncommon pattern.

Or as lupinko said, we can be very generous X D

I'm not sure about that, since I breed Pokemon, without looking at stats or anything. Like, I would breed for a female and male version of a specific Pokemon and be done with it.

---

But anyways, that sounds really awesone of you guys and I will maybe come back to this thread, if I really can't get some Pokemon. I'll wait for OR/AS and see how it will turn out.

But how? Do you guys have every Legendary like 10 times?

You'd be surprised how easy it is to get legendaries. And some of us use clone our pokemon. And I'm pretty sure a few has the tools to transfer generated pokemon as well.

A few of us here already have complete livingdexes so we just spend time trying to acquire more high demand pokemon so we can trade them in case the need arises.

You'd be surprised how easy it is to get legendaries. And some of us use clone our pokemon. And I'm pretty sure a few has the tools to transfer generated pokemon as well.

A few of us here already have complete livingdexes so we just spend time trying to acquire more high demand pokemon so we can trade them in case the need arises.

I can add myself to that list, minus the ORAS legendaries that I need, so I can breed literally anything right now.

I have to go now, but the only mons I need left for my living dex are some event legendaries:

-Deoxys
-Manaphy
-Phione
-Keldeo
-Meloetta

If anyone could help then that would be great

I know I don't post here much (at all), but I recently started playing through Y and would love if anybody could trade me any of the following:

Elekid
Magby
Dratini
Piplup
Turtwig
Chimchar

Don't really have much to give back but from what I've read several of you guys don't really care so...please help?
KuGsj.gif

Akai__

Okay, I just did some research and this is crazy. I didn't know, that you could exploit the game like that. That literally explains everything.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
I know I don't post here much (at all), but I recently started playing through Y and would love if anybody could trade me any of the following:

Elekid
Magby
Dratini
Piplup
Turtwig
Chimchar

Don't really have much to give back but from what I've read several of you guys don't really care so...please help?
KuGsj.gif
You can get almost all of those for next to nothing via the GTS. If I had my 3DS with me, I'd trade you some right now. It's uptown at my apartment though.

lupinko

Elekid
Magby
Dratini
Piplup
Turtwig
Chimchar

KuGsj.gif

I got a bunch of spares, mainly breeding rejects with egg moves and 5iv, just add my FC in my profile, ign Black Mamba, and always happy to help fellow NHLGaf.

Just pm me your FC or post it here.

MegaMelon

Not sure if anyone already knows but we've started a #BringJirachiOver campaign on twitter to try and get the shiny Jirachi event worldwide. It's blown up on twitter and Reddit so if anyone would care to contribute it would be greatly appreciated.

lupinko

Not sure if anyone already knows but we've started a #BringJirachiOver campaign on twitter to try and get the shiny Jirachi event worldwide. It's blown up on twitter and Reddit so if anyone would care to contribute it would be greatly appreciated.

You probably have better luck with regular Jirachi, because the shiny one isn't even in all of Japan, it's only for one location for the country's yearly Tanabata festival.

I got a bunch of spares, mainly breeding rejects with egg moves and 5iv, just add my FC in my profile, ign Black Mamba, and always happy to help fellow NHLGaf.

Just pm me your FC or post it here.

Akai helped me out already with that older list but if you have any of these I would be in your gratitude:

Chikorita/Cyndaquil/Totodile
Oshawott/Snivy/Tepig
Charmander/Squirtle
Mudkip/Treeko/Torchic

Muku

Think I sent tells to everyone I was supposed to trade with this weekend, but if not... my apologies. I've been sick this weekend and it's been kind of miserable. Will have to deal with trades this coming week when we can work things out.

Akai, don't worry about it. We're all pretty friendly here and like lupinko said, hand them out like candy. This is just an amazing Pokemon community that I'm really glad to be a part of. They showed me so much kindness when I first popped in and had nothing to offer. All about helping each other and it's so awesome.

On a side note, I do have a few things to trade. I wanted to trade them initially for other shiny legendaries, because I'm working on my shiny dex, but I'll probably get them at some point. In mean time, want to find these guys homes, so please let me know if you'd like one.

Edited;
x1 Shiny Entei (reserved for sgb)
x3 Shiny Latias (reserved for sgb)

Two of the Shiny Latias are 6IV if I recall right. The one that isn't came with a Destiny Knot that I'm keeping on it as a bonus for anyone who gets it. So if you care about IV's on them, let me know you want one of the 6IVs. Can't recall if Shiny Entei is 6IV or not.

I'd be really surprised if Jirachi (shiny or not) isn't released as a common event Pokemon eventually. Perhaps to coincide with ORAS somehow.

That said, I will see if I have a Twitter account to back the campaign. Even if we don't get it here, Nintendo needs to know (or a reminder) that there are vocal fans : P

I can be online right now. Just send me your FC.

Sorry about that last night. Does today work for you at all? No rush.

On a side note, I do have a few things to trade. I wanted to trade them initially for other shiny legendaries, because I'm working on my shiny dex, but I'll probably get them at some point. In mean time, want to find these guys homes, so please let me know if you'd like one.

x1 Shiny Entei
x3 Shiny Latias

Two of the Shiny Latias are 6IV if I recall right. The one that isn't came with a Destiny Knot that I'm keeping on it as a bonus for anyone who gets it. So if you care about IV's on them, let me know you want one of the 6IVs. Can't recall if Shiny Entei is 6IV or not.

Are you giving these out for free? Any of them left?

Dryk

Just been to the game in Eastbourne, they couldn't give me the serial code over the counter for the charizard event and I didn't have my 3ds on me FML! :(
You can trick Nintendo's network into thinking your home router is a valid hotspot to download it to really easily

Velcro Fly

Well I'm probably buying Y next week when it's part of that Best Buy sale. Think I'm going to get a Kalos bred team together and play with EXP share off. I'd rather have to grind a little than have pokemon i never use because their level is too high. the fun of team building!

Anilusion

I'm looking to get into this again, haven't played it in like 6 months. What is there to do in the game? I did some breeding and made like 10 perfect pokemons and a few shinies before I quit. Making a living pokedex seems fun but I have no ability to transfer from older games so it seems almost impossible to complete. Maybe that's part of the fun?

I don't really know, I just want to play some Pokémon.

Top Bottom