• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

Anilusion

I'm looking to get into this again, haven't played it in like 6 months. What is there to do in the game? I did some breeding and made like 10 perfect pokemons and a few shinies before I quit. Making a living pokedex seems fun but I have no ability to transfer from older games so it seems almost impossible to complete. Maybe that's part of the fun?

I don't really know, I just want to play some Pokémon.

Reposting this for the new page.

Soma

Anyone wanna help me out with filling the rest of my dex when they have the chance?

I'm sitting at 702 obtained and I only need a few more legendaries (unless I missed one):

regice
uxie
mesprit
cresselia
tornadus
landorus

if i can just get those logged i'll trade them back in the exchange.

Anyone wanna help me out with filling the rest of my dex when they have the chance?

I'm sitting at 702 obtained and I only need a few more legendaries (unless I missed one):

regice
uxie
mesprit
cresselia
tornadus
landorus

if i can just get those logged i'll trade them back in the exchange.
I can help you with those. Not sure if I still have Regice but I'll check

Do you guys use PokéBank for your living dex, or do you just fill up your entire PC in game?

Is there even enough room in the PC to do that!?

If I had room for all of them + 2 boxes for whatever I'd totally do it.

EDIT Oh snap I think there is. Hrmmmm.

EDIT2: BAHAHAHA this'll show those people who wanna show off.

Soma

I can help you with those. Not sure if I still have Regice but I'll check

That works for me. I can try my luck in the GTS for a Regice later. :)

I'll be available to trade in about an hour or so but here's my info:

FC: 0275-8836-5316 IGN: Soma

Feel free to PM me or whatever and we'll go from there. Thanks! :D

So, having collected the whole Pokedex, and needing something else to try and accomplish with my time... I've decided to draw the Pokedex! This is two fold, as it gives me a clear progression of when I'll be "done" with it, and -should- significantly improve my drawing abilities. So far I've got Bulbasaur and Ivysaur done.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAABnUYn88Savag
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAADRUqGHziNF4w

Funny thing, I recognized that my outline for Bulbasaur was... a little too rough (longasaur is long), so I went into Ivysaur with a bit of a different approach, and realized that I'm much better at making really rough lines and erasing parts of them to refine them, so that ended up being how I drew the whole thing. I think as I go into Venusaur, I'll do about the same technique, but with a darker "rough" sketch, as my only major issue with this Venusaur is that he's too light.

Anilusion

I remember back when X/Y just got released, there a website floating around that had lists of which pokemon were avalible in each game and on each console/generation. Does anybody have the link to that?

lupinko

Is there any event going on? Haven't turned the game on in months :(

Fancy Vivillon for the rest of the month, GAME Charizard for PAL regions, HK Charizard for Chinese regions, Diancie for Japan this weekend, Pokeball Vivillon for Japan and Shiny Jirachi for Tohoku region only in August.

I am still hoping to grab one of those Turtwigs if we can work something out.

Yes those are available.

Woah dat Mega Metagross :D Does anyone have a Beldum, Metang, Metagross or Metang Friend Safari?

I have a metang FS but that person doesn't have the game so no HA, but I can farm HA beldum from dream radar and transfer it over.

If you want HA beldum I can trade you my spares, likewise with 5iv clear body.

Tizoc

Got a really silly question here but you can help:
I lent my 3DS to my friend to play Pokemon Y, he recently got a 2DS with Pokemon X.
Now my copy of the game is EU, his is US.
Can we trade Pokemon? If we can how do we go about it? I mainly got Pokemon for my brother since he liked the older Pokemon games and as he's returning from abroad soon I don't want my friend to lose the Pokemon he trained in the save file.

lupinko

Got a really silly question here but you can help:
I lent my 3DS to my friend to play Pokemon Y, he recently got a 2DS with Pokemon X.
Now my copy of the game is EU, his is US.
Can we trade Pokemon? If we can how do we go about it? I mainly got Pokemon for my brother since he liked the older Pokemon games and as he's returning from abroad soon I don't want my friend to lose the Pokemon he trained in the save file.

Pokemon is all region multiplayer, actually most 3ds games are.

Tizoc

Pokemon is all region multiplayer, actually most 3ds games are.

Cool so now I just need to know how I go about doing an actual trade, do I load up my save then choose an option from the menu? If it requires the internet that should not be an issue.

Anilusion

Cool so now I just need to know how I go about doing an actual trade, do I load up my save then choose an option from the menu? If it requires the internet that should not be an issue.

You can trade over wifi or local wireless. Just tap his face on the bottom screen and select trade.

Soma

Thanks again to MasterSheen for helping me finish the rest of my National Dex.

Got my Shiny Charm now and a deep sense of satisfaction. Think I might take a break from the game for a bit and might start breeding some competitive pokemon when I come back to it.

Muku

I remember back when X/Y just got released, there a website floating around that had lists of which pokemon were avalible in each game and on each console/generation. Does anybody have the link to that?

Not sure I know what website that was. Don't recall seeing that, but I guess I also jumped in a bit after it came out. However, I did come up with this list for folks bringing stuff from older games. If I recall right did it with the most recent game you could pull the Pokemon from in order to transfer up. You can find that on Google Docs here.

As for the PokeBank, I use mine as a living Dex holder. I have a complete living dex in there and have started my shiny dex as well. I also keep my teams that I am/will be using but not currently on there as well. Once done breeding with my 6IV Pokemon (or 5IV in some cases I don't need to breed long enough for a 6IV), I store them there too. I also store event Pokemon as well as some other things on there. It's so awesome being able to have a boatload of space.

lupinko

I just told my elementary school kids at lunch about Pokeball Vivillon and Shiny Tanabata Jirachi. They literally had no clue, now they are little kids after all, and also told me they all like Youkai Watch more than Pokemon. But still, how does Nintendo get the word out for its intended child demographic with regards to these events? Completely anecdotal sure, but it makes me think.

Oh right the kids became super hyped afterward, I suspect they don't know about Fancy Vivillon either.

Does anyone have a Diancie with its Mega Stone for trade?

It's the only Event Pokemon I don't have.

If you're a cloner I have a shit ton to offer for it, (especially if it's named in English)
If you want a straight trade I can give a Celebi and Heatran for it and it's Mega Stone.
I'll throw in a Ho-oH if someone Bites on my GTS trade tonight.

I'm headed to bed now (I have three exams tomorrow) PM me if you're interested and I'll get back to you once I'm out of school.

Muku

I just told my elementary school kids at lunch about Pokeball Vivillon and Shiny Tanabata Jirachi. They literally had no clue, now they are little kids after all, and also told me they all like Youkai Watch more than Pokemon. But still, how does Nintendo get the word out for its intended child demographic with regards to these events? Completely anecdotal sure, but it makes me think.

Oh right the kids became super hyped afterward, I suspect they don't know about Fancy Vivillon either.

I'm kind of curious about this as well. Even more interesting they didn't know. I mean heck, if I wasn't even into Pokemon quite like I am I wouldn't know. (And to be honest, I know as much as I do for events here because well GAF. Haha.) I was going to compare advertising, then remembered US doesn't really have events quite like that. x_x

You're welcome on the doc. Made it shortly after I finished my living dex to help other folks finish theirs a bit quicker. Took a while for me.

Grid, I hear there was a prerelease Diancie, but never saw anything about it. You won't really find one here until this weekend when it comes out here with the movie. Lupinko and I plan on stocking up on Diancie this weekend, LOL.

Muku

I will in the future, there's also a cyber or whatever brand competitor that just does save backups.

I don't need cheats and it's cheaper too.

Ah, that's cool. I was tempted at some point, but don't really need it. Plus, would just rather save the money and just buy more copies of Pokemon. LOL. Hope ORAS has some changes that make that generation better. I forced myself to finish Ruby back in day. Would like to enjoy it this time around. (Didn't enjoy it on a more recent play through end of last year either.)

Though, a back up of just saves would make me feel at more ease. I've never been this concerned about my save file until this generation. Of course though it's most time I've spent in Pokemon, so has a lot to do with it.

Edit: As a note though, I've not decided what I'm going to do with my Diancie. Whether I'll allow cloning or not.

Edit 2: As a random side question, event Pokemon are blocked from coming out shiny, right?

Jolly and Adamant Darkrai can DIAF. Holy crap game, anything but those two.

lupinko

Ah, that's cool. I was tempted at some point, but don't really need it. Plus, would just rather save the money and just buy more copies of Pokemon. LOL. Hope ORAS has some changes that make that generation better. I forced myself to finish Ruby back in day. Would like to enjoy it this time around. (Didn't enjoy it on a more recent play through end of last year either.)

Though, a back up of just saves would make me feel at more ease. I've never been this concerned about my save file until this generation. Of course though it's most time I've spent in Pokemon, so has a lot to do with it.

Edit: As a note though, I've not decided what I'm going to do with my Diancie. Whether I'll allow cloning or not.

Edit 2: As a random side question, event Pokemon are blocked from coming out shiny, right?

Jolly and Adamant Darkrai can DIAF. Holy crap game, anything but those two.

Yeah event pokemon are blocked from coming out as shiny, only Manaphy (via trade, rng, and luck) and older events that you actually catch them can be shiny.

I've gotten Modest and Timid Darkrais but the Atk is always 31. :(

No movie Darkrai for me until I get better stats on Timid, sigh.

The non pokemon player me would have taken the first Darkrai. Hahaha.

Speaking of sr I kept SRing for a female modest Fennekin, and I got it, only to ditch it to sr for better IVs and maybe shiny, which is stupid because I can just breed that and is not important for that playthrough. That playthrough won't evolve Fennekin for fun (also the later evos are awful). Lol

Sigh, if I get female modest or timid I'll just keep it, why did I dump it, whyyyyy? D:

Muku

Yeah event pokemon are blocked from coming out as shiny, only Manaphy (via trade, rng, and luck) and older events that you actually catch them can be shiny.

I've gotten Modest and Timid Darkrais but the Atk is always 31. :(

No movie Darkrai for me until I get better stats on Timid, sigh.

The non pokemon player me would have taken the first Darkrai. Hahaha.

Speaking of sr I kept SRing for a female modest Fennekin, and I got it, only to ditch it to sr for better IVs and maybe shiny, which is stupid because I can just breed that and is not important for that playthrough. That playthrough won't evolve Fennekin for fun (also the later evos are awful). Lol

Sigh, if I get female modest or timid I'll just keep it, why did I dump it, whyyyyy? D:

Cool, just wanted to make sure I wouldn't have one pop out shiny with shitty stats. I'd prefer not a chance at all in that case. I've gotten Timid maybe like 3 times? One of them was perfect attack, others had low Sp Atk which is like damn. I'm SRing a Darkrai for someone on here, but today it likes giving Jolly and Adamant. Timid is a pipe dream, LOL. Though tend to get things with max Sp Atk which is like YAY! Then I notice Speed is the losing end on the nature it got. Or vice versa. Rawwwwwwwwrrrrrr.

Edit: Also wish neutral natures would just go away.

Oh urgh. Timid, but Sp Atk is shit.

Edit 2: Well maybe it's not as shit as I thought. Thinking if it were having a SpAtk nature...

lupinko

Cool, just wanted to make sure I wouldn't have one pop out shiny with shitty stats. I'd prefer not a chance at all in that case. I've gotten Timid maybe like 3 times? One of them was perfect attack, others had low Sp Atk which is like damn. I'm SRing a Darkrai for someone on here, but today it likes giving Jolly and Adamant. Timid is a pipe dream, LOL. Though tend to get things with max Sp Atk which is like YAY! Then I notice Speed is the losing end on the nature it got. Or vice versa. Rawwwwwwwwrrrrrr.

Edit: Also wish neutral natures would just go away.

Oh urgh. Timid, but Sp Atk is shit.

Edit 2: Well maybe it's not as shit as I thought. Thinking if it were having a SpAtk nature...

You would still want a high or perfect spA attack for timid, especially with Darkrai.

Haha someone took my gentle HA Tornadus, I got my level 52 male skitty, really for breeding egg moves.

Muku

You would still want a high or perfect spA attack for timid, especially with Darkrai.

Haha someone took my gentle HA Tornadus, I got my level 52 male skitty, really for breeding egg moves.

Yeah, it actually came out perfect. Stats overall in calc say 6 or 7/31/31/31/30/31

HP is kind of shit, but meh. Not my call though. :) I'd go with it myself, but let person know what I've currently got. That's why I've been frustrated with Timid's in past where SpAtk is absolute crap.

jelmerjt

I have a metang FS but that person doesn't have the game so no HA, but I can farm HA beldum from dream radar and transfer it over.

If you want HA beldum I can trade you my spares, likewise with 5iv clear body.

Thanks! Clear Body Beldum sounds good :D Are you looking for anything in particular?

lupinko

Thanks! Clear Body Beldum sounds good :D Are you looking for anything in particular?

Nothing really, what do you have as your Vivillon pattern? If it's anything I don't have I was wondering if you can breed a flawless 5iv timid (no attack) or 6iv, whichever is first, I can supply the parent. Other than that do you have any female pokes in fancy balls like the dream ball or love ball? Or any breeding rejects, if you don't have anything that's fine too, I'll just give you the 5iv beldum with clear body. Its HA is pretty useless anyway.

My FC is in my profile and my ign is black mamba, I can do the trade now too.

Yeah, it actually came out perfect. Stats overall in calc say 6 or 7/31/31/31/30/31

HP is kind of shit, but meh. Not my call though. :) I'd go with it myself, but let person know what I've currently got. That's why I've been frustrated with Timid's in past where SpAtk is absolute crap.

Did you get a second Darkrai? I thought you had quirky or you didn't keep that. :eek:

Muku

Nothing really, what do you have as your Vivillon pattern? If it's anything I don't have I was wondering if you can breed a flawless 5iv timid (no attack) or 6iv, whichever is first, I can supply the parent. Other than that do you have any female pokes in fancy balls like the dream ball or love ball? Or any breeding rejects, if you don't have anything that's fine too, I'll just give you the 5iv beldum with clear body. Its HA is pretty useless anyway.

Did you get a second Darkrai? I thought you had quirky or you didn't keep that. :eek:

This Darkrai is one I'm SRing for someone on here. :) Had one they couldn't claim, so figured I'd help out.

Edit: By the way, what's the time frame on collecting the Darkrai from the movie thing anyway? End of year?

lupinko

This Darkrai is one I'm SRing for someone on here. :) Had one they couldn't claim, so figured I'd help out.

Edit: By the way, what's the time frame on collecting the Darkrai from the movie thing anyway? End of year?

You mean downloading the wonder card? Iirc until the movie premier which is Saturday, I could be wrong.

jelmerjt

I don't have much to offer, but is a female 2IV Moxie Heracross ok? Adamant nature, Luxury Ball. Just caught it in the Friend Safari.

My friend code is 0018-0514-5258 (jelmerjt).

lupinko

I don't have much to offer, but is a female 2IV Moxie Heracross ok? Adamant nature, Luxury Ball. Just caught it in the Friend Safari.

My friend code is 0018-0514-5258 (jelmerjt).

Oh can you catch me a HA female heracross also in a premier ball, also adamant? I'll take a luxury ball one too.

I'll give you something cool to go along with the beldum.

I can go online now.

Cool, I should be free this evening if that works for you.

Yeah that's fine, but remember I live in Japan so it's crazy time difference.

jelmerjt

Oh can you catch me a HA female heracross also in a premier ball, also adamant? I'll take a luxury ball one too.

I'll give you something cool to go along with the beldum.

I can go online now.

I'm online now too! Female Heracross in a Premier Ball? Will do :)

Aww, that's so cute.

Totally not related, but the GAME Charizard thing is causing a bit of confusion where I live. It doesn't help that they picked the weirdest distribution method: Internet at a GAME store.

Oh and they're distributing Fancy Vivillon at the same time, so some people go into GAME and come out with a Fancy and are like "what?".

lupinko

Thanks for the Pokemon!

I guess heh. Pupitar :D Your Friend Safari is nice as well. Mawile here I come :p

Oh I already did my breedable line of perfect Larvitar thanks to a gaffer who gave me a Pupitar in a premier ball. I was referring to Rhydon in yours. :D

Just a note, for those who want 5IVs, still available and all with egg moves:

Premier Ball
Larvitar Jolly Guts
Axew Adamant Mold Breaker/Rivalry
Mawile Adamant Intimidate
Scatterbug Flawless Timid Polar Shield Dust / Compound Eyes

Dream Ball
Starly Jolly HA
Gible Jolly HA / Sand Veil
Machop Adamant No Guard

Pokeball
Totodile Adamant
Treecko Adamant HA
Oshawott Adamant
Turtwig Adamant HA
Beldum Adamant Clear Body

I am also mass producing HA Timid Piplup, HA Jolly Chimchar and Adamant Tepig.

I would do Snivy who I like best but I haven't decided on the egg moves.

I will also get around to doing Dream Ball Modest Trace Ralts and Adamant Male Telepathy Ralts.

Kart94

Banned
You know, i think i am glad that this game's exp point system is more like Gen 1-4 rather than Gen 5's exp point system. I felt that by trying to get the weaker pokemon to level up, it needlessly made it harder to level up a stronger pokemon. Anyway, i am on my 5th badge. Team Flare seems kind of lame to be honest so far.

One last thing: I miss the vs. Seeker :(

Top Bottom