• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

lupinko

Diancie time on tomorrow, but not one, not two but three Diancie for me! :D

Edit: I also ordered a Wii hdmi converter, if it works then I can resume Wishmaker Jirachi farming!

And I'll look into Ageto Celebi farming.

Muku

Diancie time on tomorrow, but not one, not two but three Diancie for me! :D

Edit: I also ordered a Wii hdmi converter, if it works then I can resume Wishmaker Jirachi farming!

And I'll look into Ageto Celebi farming.

What times your theater showing it tomorrow? Tempted to do midday one.. then remembered it was Saturday so might try first showing. Trying to figure out when will be less likely to be filled to brim with kids.

lupinko

What times your theater showing it tomorrow? Tempted to do midday one.. then remembered it was Saturday so might try first showing. Trying to figure out when will be less likely to be filled to brim with kids.

I'll double check when I get home, Id like to go as early as possible.

Also bad news and good news, amazon.jp jacked up the price of US Y by like $15, good news is I bought it anyway since shipping is free and I get it Sunday. So it's like I imported it directly from back home with Fedex shipping sans potential duties and taxes. I get it on Sunday so I just missed the chance of four Diancie. Sorry Aveyn!

But this sets me up for future events and the eventual farming of Movie Diancie, Shiny Tohoku Tanabata Jirachi and Shiny Tohoku Christmas Victini.
The last one is wishful thinking and me assuming that they will do it this year.

Edit: anyone with a female premier Pikachu with lightning rod? I think I want to do a playthrough with Red's team, except OP.

Gaf,

I just got my hands on what's most likely a hacked or cloned Diancie.
Any cloner wants to clone it and distribute it to gaffers who won't be lucky to get one soon?

Also is there a Event where I can get a legit Diancie in NA?

I'm also looking for the Pokeball pattern event Vivilion.

PM me if I don't reply in the thread about Diancie and the Vivilion.

lupinko

Gaf,

I just got my hands on what's most likely a hacked or cloned Diancie.
Any cloner wants to clone it and distribute it to gaffers who won't be lucky to get one soon?

Also is there a Event where I can get a legit Diancie in NA?

I'm also looking for the Pokeball pattern event Vivilion.

PM me if I don't reply in the thread about Diancie and the Vivilion.

Only legitimate Diancie is from Japan, the pre-release earlier this month or the movie which is tomorrow.

Everything else is hacked powersaves.

Only legitimate Diancie is from Japan, the pre-release earlier this month or the movie which is tomorrow.

Everything else is hacked powersaves.

There's no doubt in my mind that the Diancie is cloned or hacked. I just wanted to see if a cloner wants to clone it and give it to Gaffers who won't be able to get one tomorrow.

I want a Legit one but I know the only way I can get it with its Mega Stone is when they do the Event in NA.

Muku

I'll double check when I get home, Id like to go as early as possible.

Also bad news and good news, amazon.jp jacked up the price of US Y by like $15, good news is I bought it anyway since shipping is free and I get it Sunday. So it's like I imported it directly from back home with Fedex shipping sans potential duties and taxes. I get it on Sunday so I just missed the chance of four Diancie. Sorry Aveyn!

But this sets me up for future events and the eventual farming of Movie Diancie, Shiny Tohoku Tanabata Jirachi and Shiny Tohoku Christmas Victini.
The last one is wishful thinking and me assuming that they will do it this year.

Edit: anyone with a female premier Pikachu with lightning rod? I think I want to do a playthrough with Red's team, except OP.

Just curious, you going to be Diancie farming on all 3 copies? Or are some spoken for already? Just wondering since you mentioned Aveyn.

lupinko

Just curious, you going to be Diancie farming on all 3 copies? Or are some spoken for already? Just wondering since you mentioned Aveyn.

I'm only going to farm the X cart, my other two games are both digital so that's not going to happen. Aveyn getting a Diancie was dependent on the y cart, but I get that the day after the movie.

Besides the save backup tools are region locked so I can't farm the Y NA cart anyway.

But that cart will be used for different kinds of farming or auctioning rather...

Muku

I'm only going to farm the X cart, my other two games are both digital so that's not going to happen. Aveyn getting a Diancie was dependent on the y cart, but I get that the day after the movie.

Besides the save backup tools are region locked so I can't farm the Y NA cart anyway.

But that cart will be used for different kinds of farming or auctioning rather...

Ah okay. Whatcha planning to do with the Diancie? Thinking of SRing all of mine.

lupinko

Ah okay. Whatcha planning to do with the Diancie? Thinking of SRing all of mine.

The two I have digitally I'm going to SR for good natures and IVs, I want to use them competitively. The one on the cart will be farmed whenever I get a backup save device. I could've done that but I opted for the hdmi adapter so I can use the Wii on my gaming monitor. So I can farm Wishmaker Jirachi and Ageto Celebi.

This is the same idea really with Wishmaker and Shiny Tanabata Jirachi. I want to have many to play around with various move sets.

Same applies with my Dream Radar legendaries and so forth.

Muku

The two I have digitally I'm going to SR for good natures and IVs, I want to use them competitively. The one on the cart will be farmed whenever I get a backup save device. I could've done that but I opted for the hdmi adapter so I can use the Wii on my gaming monitor. So I can farm Wishmaker Jirachi and Ageto Celebi.

This is the same idea really with Wishmaker and Shiny Tanabata Jirachi. I want to have many to play around with various move sets.

Same applies with my Dream Radar legendaries and so forth.

Curious, you going to go with one Bold, one Calm? Or going to go one defense one and one something else?

More I think about it, and later it gets, thinking noon may be earliest one I get too, LOL.

lupinko

Yes, this autumn in Gamestop

Are there dates yet? I'm actually going home in September to visit.

I just hatched a 6iv Treecko, but it's not Unburden. :/

Curious, you going to go with one Bold, one Calm? Or going to go one defense one and one something else?

More I think about it, and later it gets, thinking noon may be earliest one I get too, LOL.

I haven't thought about that yet, but definitely do Bold.

lupinko

What are people using for backing up cart saves? I kinda wanna do another playthrough, but I don't want to wreck my "canonical" save.

For the western games, there's datel's powersaves, it's the successor to pro action replay. So it can back up saves and also give you cheat codes.

It only works for carts and not eshop. In Japan, they have powersaves but other save devices from other companies too.

Soiks

Woah thanks! What do you want in return?
I don't really mind, I've got the dex done and most rare things, so if you've got anything with a Hidden Ability spare I'd be happy. If not, just throw some Wonder Trade fodder my way. :)

I'll PM you my friend code now.

jelmerjt

I don't really mind, I've got the dex done and most rare things, so if you've got anything with a Hidden Ability spare I'd be happy. If not, just throw some Wonder Trade fodder my way. :)

I'll PM you my friend code now.

Thanks for the Shroomish Soiks! :D

My team generally doesn't have a Mega Pokemon, but probably for the wrong reasons D:

I usually go for Absol when I need to, but I'm not that great at using it...

Otherwise, the only Mega I like at the moment is Diancie, although I can imagine not many people will be thrilled to see it on my team >___<

My team is just bizarre. I haven't even got a Mega Evolution in it, and I love that concept.

So untested...so gimmicky...so awesome.
The only gimmicky team I think worked for me was Wonder Rooming while I had Mega Aggron out, it survived an Aura Sphere from Raikou. :D

Nevermind about the Mankey, got it from GTS.

Firestorm

My team generally doesn't have a Mega Pokemon, but probably for the wrong reasons D:
My friend didn't have a Mega on his Nationals team so he just gave Scizor Scizorite :p Unfortunately since he never finished developing it to where it needed to be in time he went 5-4 or something and lost his invite to Worlds =/

JoeM86

There is one Pokémon on the team that could get Mega'd, and I am undecided on its item at the moment, but Mega Evolving breaks the gimmick of it.

The only gimmicky team I think worked for me was Wonder Rooming while I had Mega Aggron out, it survived an Aura Sphere from Raikou. :D

I make sure all my teams work to something awesome that is unconventional, even if it's just using Pokémon in absolutely different ways. My Gourgeist team did it, my Noivern team did it, my Carbink team did it. Now this team, which can be used two ways round (for awesome VGC skills next year) does it rather well.

This one is making things that would seem useless and making them shine.

Yup, I still have some.

I'll be back around the same time as your two posts (last night, I was busy finishing off Layton vs Wright, so I forgot to check for replies : P).

ahhh I wasn't online last night!

Do you still have one I could trade for?

Also, I'm only a few pokemon away from finishing the national dex.
If anyone has a Porygon2, a Groudon, a Moltres, a Zapdos, or an Arceus they could trade me, that would be AMAZING. I would trade them back, as I only need the data (unless someone wants to trade for a Porygon2). After that I have to go back to previous games and farm some old legendaries to finish my living dex

edit: Jirachi too

ahhh I wasn't online last night!

Do you still have one I could trade for?

Also, I'm only a few pokemon away from finishing the national dex.
If anyone has a Porygon2, a Groudon, a Moltres, a Zapdos, or an Arceus they could trade me, that would be AMAZING. I would trade them back, as I only need the data (unless someone wants to trade for a Porygon2). After that I have to go back to previous games and farm some old legendaries to finish my living dex

edit: Jirachi too

Yup, will be you be around in exactly a hour's time?

I can loan you Moltres and Jirachi if you just need to see them.

yeah ill be here

and i only need to see them yeah, i can trade them right back

Gotcha! I'm almost ready; will jump online after 5 or so mins.

My FC is in my profile and my IGN is GamerGuides.

EDIT: I gotta go and sleep; need to wake up early for a convention tomorrow.

I'll give you the Charizard another time ^^

Muku

Any reason movie Diancie is holding a Normal Gem? Seems kinda... meh. Hadn't even bother looking to see what it holds until just now. At least Darkrai had a berry.

lupinko

Anyone know how the wifi works for Diancie? Is it just a regular event? Because I haven't seen a Pokemon movie in theatres since Mewtwo Strikes Back, and I was only in 7th grade back then. Lol

Muku

Anyone know how the wifi works for Diancie? Is it just a regular event? Because I haven't seen a Pokemon movie in theatres since Mewtwo Strikes Back, and I was only in 7th grade back then. Lol

No idea. I'm going to the noon one, so won't know for a bit. Haven't seen one in theaters since... geez, the third one. And that was only because at day care I was working at that summer, it was a field trip to go see it one day.

I kinda feel old now.

Edit: Are we guaranteed it's a wifi thing? Almost worried they'll print out a code there or something once I get there.

Edit 2: guess you get it inside theater itself. Tried while waiting with no luck xD

Edit 3: in seat wifi confirmed. Gimmmmmme

lupinko

There's a bajillion kids here.

Oh that's cool my theatre is also playing the new ghibli and edge of tomorrow. I'll watch those tomorrow. :D

Muku

So Ash is sipping the fountain of youth I see. Also, dat Xerneas...
is a she.

That was an insane of amount of kids. Little boy next to me was adorable, singing te Pokemon intro and end.

lupinko

Apparently all you need to catch Diancie is a potato sack.

Also lol @ all the mundane things Pokemon do in Kalos, which went from France to the Americas for whatever reason.

And Aegislash, and Doublade make good vehicles.

And the movie tells me Diancie
and Mega Diancie both suck against Yveltal, Diancie is so awful that Xerneas decided to become a tree again to save everybody.

lupinko

Also not really a spoiler but The Second Pokemon XY The Movie is for 2015 with Primal Groudon and Kyogre.

This was shown after the end credits.

I also got Diancie Trekka token or whatever.

Muku

Yeah, the end about next movie has me pumped for ORAS.

I got the little thing too. Though guy seemed reluctant to give it to me. Sorry for being only one who didn't drag a kid along, LOL.

On a side note, I'll probably be doing a one time clone session of just one of my Diancie. Can't say when it will be because going to SR them all for at least something good. If you want one, send me a PM. Once I take care of the list of folks from my inbox that's it.

Muku

To be honest, I was a bit bored. I enjoyed the Pokemon short they showed before it more. (Does that make me a bad person?)

Though, I will say I didn't care much for Diancie before watching. Now I think she is adorable. Actually tempted to use her now. Just gotta find her a spot in stall team I'm working on.

Top Bottom