• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

Muku

Actually, first time I was willing to give it up, still gave me same length of yakkity yak. Doesn't matter what you do, it's so much blabbing. ;_;

Okay I see now you maybe skip a line or two. Either way, the talking is never ending. :(

lupinko , are you online right now ?
can i borrow your diancie for a while and return it ?

Lupinko isn't allowing Diancie to be cloned, if I recall right.

Edit: Once I got numbers for each stat with max IV without nature and then with nature, feel like this SRing for Diancie is moving quicker. Took a while to get that set up. For anyone wondering or maybe to help anyone out (numbers for level 50):

Max HP: 125

Max IV w/o beneficial nature for stat
Attack: 120
Defense: 170
Special Attack: 120
Special Defense: 170
Speed: 70

Max IV w/ beneficial nature for stat
Attack: 132
Defense: 187
Special Attack: 132
Special Defense: 187
Speed: 77

Edit 2: I hate neutral natures so much right now. Times I get Outstanding and about near perfect stats? With neutral natures. *goes and cries in a corner*

L.O.R.D

Actually, first time I was willing to give it up, still gave me same length of yakkity yak. Doesn't matter what you do, it's so much blabbing. ;_;

Lupinko isn't allowing Diancie to be cloned, if I recall right.

oh...okay
7d8.jpg

Muku

So what are the next events coming up? Shiny Jirachi in Tohoku, different named Pikachus throughout Minato Mirai, and Pokeball Vivillon (in Japan) all coming next month, right? Am I missing anything?

L.O.R.D

So what are the next events coming up? Shiny Jirachi in Tohoku, different named Pikachus throughout Minato Mirai, and Pokeball Vivillon (in Japan) all coming next month, right? Am I missing anything?

i don't think Shiny Jirachi is possible
did they ever released a locked shiny pokemon ?

lupinko

Would make me die inside. Tohoku would be getting too much love then. ;_;

The last Japanese Victini event was well in Tohoku. Also Victini is one of the main mascots for this PC

Shiny..... Victini ?

maaaan

I just made that up but considering that they decided to make this year's Tanabata Jirachi shiny, it wouldn't surprise me if they did it for Christmas Victini.

Hackworth

<Shameless begging>
What are my chances of getting a Diancie, considering I only just finished the Elite Four in X and don't have Pokemon Bank to transfer random and probably hacked legendaries from previous games?
</Shameless begging>

Also, what's with Carbink?

Muku

The last Japanese Victini event was well in Tohoku. Also Victini is one of the main mascots for this PC

Yeah, how come they get cool Pokemon anyway? Have awful mascots for one here. :/

Edit: Well, I shouldn't be hard on Froakie. I like Froakie... but Tirtwig? Pffft.

Edit 2: There were how many legendaries in cartoon before movie? 4? I wonder if that's a sign since we've seen Darkrai already, and Jirachi is coming next month.

lupinko

Yeah, how come they get cool Pokemon anyway? Have awful mascots for one here. :/

Edit: Well, I shouldn't be hard on Froakie. I like Froakie... but Tirtwig? Pffft.

Edit 2: There were how many legendaries in cartoon before movie? 4? I wonder if that's a sign since we've seen Darkrai already, and Jirachi is coming next month.

Jirachi is always at the Tanabata Festival, and Japanese fans voted for Darkrai over Manaphy, Jirachi and Victini. I think Aveyn said the Koreans will be getting Jirachi for their movie premier, but of course that Jirachi will not be Shiny.

Darkrai worked out since Shiny Jirachi is out in a week or two.

I'm just waiting for cart #2/game #4 which I should get today, if I didn't go to the movie yesterday and waited, I could have had four Diancie. But the two and the one I'll farm is enough.

Also I'll be finally able to use my Wii on my gaming monitor so I can farm Wishmaker Jirachi again, and eventually Ageto Celebi.

Tohoku is Victini / Snivy / Chespin and because of Tanabata, Jirachi.

Velcro Fly

Hope some event legendaries get released in North America

Also hope OR/AS has some legendaries from other gens too even if it's some kind of online event download thing. Downloading a thing that unlocks an island you travel to and do a small sidequest is more fun than just hey here's your new legendary enjoy. Really hoping for Gen IV stuff because I missed out on pretty much every event since I couldn't get my DS online.

lupinko

Think at this point they only exist in Japan. Though if I recall right the Nintendo Store in NY started out as a PC, didn't it?

I think it did, and France had one temporarily earlier this year hence the Pokeball Parismillon.

Edit: it's funny how Delphox is really feminine and witch like in the games, yet in the movie it sounded like scooby doo.

lupinko

LOL OMG. It tried too hard to be cool. ;_; Didn't it use the same move the whole movie?

Wasn't it just flamethrower spam? Lol

That entire movie was horrible, all the villains were laughably bad.

And the father and daughter duo with the honedge family.

Can Doublade or Aegislash learn fly? Because that is serious lying by the movie if that is the case.

Also them becoming bad guys was too fast as also Pikachu becoming stone only for like a few seconds because Xerneas was like this movie wtf, and killed itself to save everybody. Totally anticlimactic compared to what happened to Ash in MSB. I do like how Serena, Clemont and Bonnie have different clothes, unlike hobo Ash.

Also right, Pikachu can really stand up to Yveltal, yup.
Yet pretty pokemon Mega Diancie can't even with all its moon power.

Muku

Wasn't it just flamethrower spam? Lol

That entire movie was horrible, all the villains were laughably bad.

And the father and daughter duo with the honedge family.

Can Doublade or Aegislash learn fly? Because that is serious lying by the movie if that is the case.

Also them becoming bad guys was too fast as also Pikachu becoming stone only for like a few seconds because Xerneas was like this movie wtf, and killed itself to save everybody. Totally anticlimactic compared to what happened to Ash in MSB. I do like how Serena, Clemont and Bonnie have different clothes, unlike hobo Ash.

Also right, Pikachu can really stand up to Yveltal, yup.
Yet pretty pokemon Mega Diancie can't even with all its moon power.

Yes. I was like "God could they make Delphox look more lame?" Am I a horrible person for not feeling bad when
it got all stoned up by Yveltal?
Yeah okay I'm a horrible person...

During the movie I was also thinking same thing. When the hell could those two fly? I was like "Damn are they showing us these things can fly but can't in-game? What the shit?" What pissed me off was the Yanma also flying around with a passenger. Why the hell can't my Vivillon learn it and fly me around if Yanma can? ><

I know right?
I was like "OMG Pikachu is stone!" Then I was like "Wait... it's gotta almost be the end of this, so what's the point?" It lasted like two whole seconds. Hobo Ash has many different problems. Wardrobe, being a man child still.. he is hoarding that fountain of youth. But I saw the Xerneas thing. It was like coming from so far away when it came I was like "OMG finally the end."

Anything can stand up to Yveltal.
Except Diancie. I laughed when even in Mega it failed so hard. I don't get why this Pokemon was in the movie at all. What the hell did it accomplish really?

lupinko

That's true, Yveltal and Xerneas are like the easiest legendaries too.

This was a missed opportunity for the true awesome gen 6 event.

That's right, Hoopa.

also that father daughter duo have the money for a shield helicarrier for whatever reason, it looks like their chocolate store does amazing business.

Muku

That's true, Yveltal and Xerneas are like the easiest legendaries too.

This was a missed opportunity for the true awesome gen 6 event.

That's right, Hoopa.

also that father daughter duo have the money for a shield helicarrier for whatever reason, it looks like their chocolate store does amazing business.

Yveltal won't be fooled by no cloaked helicarrier. Though I did think it strange for a Pokemon movie.

To be honest, animation was okay. I am not a fan of CGI + animated stuff though which started early in that. I'm old school. But there were a few shots of environment that I enjoyed.

Also, that movie made me glad to have X as my main. X is the superior version.

brinstar

Hope some event legendaries get released in North America

Also hope OR/AS has some legendaries from other gens too even if it's some kind of online event download thing. Downloading a thing that unlocks an island you travel to and do a small sidequest is more fun than just hey here's your new legendary enjoy. Really hoping for Gen IV stuff because I missed out on pretty much every event since I couldn't get my DS online.

the Gen 2 remake had quite a bit of Gen 3 legendaries in it including Groudon and Kyogre, so I'm gonna guess that OR/AS will include a lot of Gen 4 legendaries in its postgame.

EDIT: wow, actually not as many as I remember... just Groudon/Kyogre/Rayquaza and the Lati@s. Still, I think Gen 4 legendaries in OR/AS would make sense for completion's sake.

one_kill

Yveltal won't be fooled by no cloaked helicarrier. Though I did think it strange for a Pokemon movie.

To be honest, animation was okay. I am not a fan of CGI + animated stuff though which started early in that. I'm old school. But there were a few shots of environment that I enjoyed.

Also, that movie made me glad to have X as my main. X is the superior version.
Lies! Stop lying Muku!

lupinko

Sooo...how was Chesnaught in the movie? And was Greninja's voice as stupid as it is in Smash?

Chesnaught kicked butt and stood up to Yveltal, unlike some other Pokemon that will be nameless.

Greninja I couldn't remember as well due to how bad MC Delphox was.

I could rewatch this for just how bad it is.

Oh I got my wii hdmi adapter and my US Y cart now.

Muku

Chestnaught kicked ass and took some names. But I don't even remember Greninja making any sound. I do remember him being all over the place though.

lupinko

Chestnaught kicked ass and took some names. But I don't even remember Greninja making any sound. I do remember him being all over the place though.

Clemont abused him with Aipom arm tho.

Too bad this Y cart will be primarily used to be rewiped, it gave me a trainer ID of 03371. LOL

I'm glad Chesnaught didn't get horrible treatment, and it's good to hear Greninja didn't say much. I went back to watch the Smash video and it probably is the English voice which really doesn't fit it's appearance at all...

Firestorm

Think at this point they only exist in Japan. Though if I recall right the Nintendo Store in NY started out as a PC, didn't it?
Yep though there is a Pokémon Centre vending machine in Seattle that carries some merch and now PokemonCenter.com for the US

Firestorm

Though I normally don't care about event Pokémon I just realized that a Diance would be awesome to give out as a random gift/prize for a local tournament I plan to hold in a few weeks. If someone could give me a clone I'd be super appreciative!

lupinko

Though I normally don't care about event Pokémon I just realized that a Diance would be awesome to give out as a random gift/prize for a local tournament I plan to hold in a few weeks. If someone could give me a clone I'd be super appreciative!

Check your pms.

Oh right, with ORAS, should I just abandon my Ruby playthrough, I think I'm at the second gym, it's a team of Jirachi, Torchic, Squirtle, Bulbasaur and hm slave. Or should I just keep playing? I do have another ruby and two other sapphires after all to farm Wishmaker (and Ageto).

My emerald game is just going to the elite four now iirc.

Oh move tutors.

Muku

So, I'm a bit conflicted on this Diancie. I like it, but at same time I wonder if I could do better. (Though I have two more to go through, so not sure why I'm too worried about that.)

Superior with Outstanding in HP, Defense, and Speed.
Bold Nature.

HP: 125
Attack: 96
Defense: 187
Special Attack: 116
Special Defense: 169
Speed: 70

Though kind of feels like it should be Outstanding, because if I've looked at it right, best Special Attack can be without a beneficial nature is 120. Special Defense is only down by 1. Unless Attack is so low it drags it way down?

I dunno, what are thoughts on this one?

Edit: Wow, haha. Page 1 of Google search for Diancie IV calc and it leads to this thread by a post by me. x_x

Edit 2: Hm, have found an IV calculator that apparently works with Diancie. Says with my current input that it's: 31 / 4-5 / 31 / 22-23 / 28-29 / 31

Oh right, with ORAS, should I just abandon my Ruby playthrough, I think I'm at the second gym, it's a team of Jirachi, Torchic, Squirtle, Bulbasaur and hm slave. Or should I just keep playing? I do have another ruby and two other sapphires after all to farm Wishmaker (and Ageto).

I'd keep playing just for the chance at shiny Groudon and Rayquaza : P

I'm so hyped that my sister didn't bother catching Rayquaza in Sapphire so I can try and RNG it
and the Regis, but I don't care for them

Muku

Any chance I could borrow a Diancie later? Just for Pokedex, not interested in cloning or anything.

Sure, whenever one pops out worth having. :( Keep having really damn near perfect Diancie with neutral natures.

Aveyn, good luck on that! Though a nice Rayquaza would be worth it.

lupinko

Ok should I give the modest Jirachi water pulse before bringing it up? I already gave a timid one water pulse. Or should I wait for a bold and give that one water pulse? The other water pulses are in my gen 4 games. Going to bring up these 6 Wishmaker Jirachi to Gen 4 now.

Timid + TM03 Water Pulse
Modest
Rash
Quirky
Quirky
Quirky

The three quirky I'll bring up to XY, so anyone want a quirky Wishmaker Jirachi?

Yeah, I'll just continue playing Ruby too, the stacked team lets me blow through the game anyway.

Dammit, every time I hatch a good 5IV Ralts it has the wrong ability. My male one has Trace, so the Gallade will end up with Steadfast, and my female one has Synchronize. I want her to have Trace, so I'll just save up for an ability capsule.

For Gallade, is Steadfast a good alternative to Justified, or should I keep trying?

Top Bottom