• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

Muku

Mah phone hates me. Also keeps trying to turn Diancie into fiancée. *raises fist in anger*. Before the days end it will know Diancie.

Edit: ah hah. Purposely spelled it wrong first time to edit this. It highlighted and showed me correct version. Okay iPhone I am pleased.

lupinko

Did you guys enjoy the movie?

I haven't seen a pokemon movie since MSB, but I took it for what it was. A lot of it was really cringe worthy and made me laugh at how absurd things were.

But if I was a kid again I would have liked it more.

Apparently I missed the special mission for the freebee game. Oh well I have three Diancie and some token thing now.

My info book got wet due to the rain, but providing the weather is good tomorrow, I'll get another one when I see Marney and Edge of Tomorrow.

My NA 3DS is left on Pacific Standard Time, hence the 07/18, whereas both my eshop JP Y and cart JP X are on Japan Standard Time so with the correct 07/19.

qQU1Mar.jpg

Muku

Rainy there too, eh? Been an overcast and rainy summer thus far. Kept my paperwork stuff in iPad case so mine is safe. Used it to carry all my 3DS. I guess I was never young enough to really get into movies or show much. Was in high school when Pokemania came to the States.

Edit: seriously phone?

lupinko

Saw that edit Muku. :p

Did the movie explain the connection between Diancie and Carbink?

No, just that carbinks are bumbling idiots, and I want a potato sack item to catch pokemon in ORAS.

Man, Megumi Hayashibara, Rika Matsumoto and Ikue Otani have jobs for life. Lol

Also Delphox is seriously AWFUL, holy crap.

And I think this new level of animation is pretty bad compared to MSB but I'm old fashioned, so maybe that's why.

Edit:

SR is going to be ass with that stupid spiel every time.

Is Quiet good for it? I'm just looking for bold or Calm for the first Diancie.

And Diancie truly is the Sailor Moon Pokemon.

Muku

I laughed at Delphox. So awful.

Got a Bold on try #4 but outstanding HP, Attack (god why?!), and Speed. Otherwise it's been neutral and awful def and sp def natures. Irked by talking each time.

lupinko

I think for Diancie Speed is the attribute you don't need. I just got bold but it was only really 2iv with the third 31 in attack.

Going to keep trying, ugh.

Muku

I think for Diancie Speed is the attribute you don't need. I just got bold but it was only really 2iv with the third 31 in attack.

Going to keep trying, ugh.

Hm. So you think skipping it in terms of IVs is fine, or having a nature like Relaxed? Because goodness knows I keep getting Relaxed on this one...

Edit: Crap, are there any IV calcs that have Diancie in it yet?

lupinko

Yeah I'm just basing it on its stats, it can be a decent mixed attack even. Since Diancie is not widespread yet, the only "expert" analysis is from the hack in Feb.

But yeah Diancie has awful speed, but Mega Diancie can change that.

So just to be safe just do 5iv bold with no attack. Lol

Apparently this one does:

http://www.psypokes.com/dex/iv.php

Muku

Yeah I'm just basing it on its stats, it can be a decent mixed attack even. Since Diancie is not widespread yet, the only "expert" analysis is from the hack in Feb.

But yeah Diancie has awful speed, but Mega Diancie can change that.

So just to be safe just do 5iv bold with no attack. Lol

Apparently this one does:

http://www.psypokes.com/dex/iv.php

Yeah found it a moment ago but it's telling me stats I'm taking off my screen and inputting it are impossible for Attack through SDef. Not going to work. ;_;

lupinko

Yeah I just used psypokes to test it and it was coming up invalid.

It looks like psypokes calcs for Diancie are wrong.

Right now I'm just relying on IV dude in Kiloude.

JoeM86

Just waiting for my friend who wrote it to do the compression algorithm

In the meantime, for HP, Defense, Special Defense and Speed, use Carbink and for Attack & Special Attack, use Mew

Muku

Yeah, been relying on him too, but wanted to check the range of SpAtk on this one. Ah well. Thank you though. :) Wish we had something to roll with but guess we're on our own for now.

Just waiting for my friend who wrote it to do the compression algorithm

In the meantime, for HP, Defense, Special Defense and Speed, use Carbink and for Attack & Special Attack, use Mew

Awesome, can't wait 'til its added.

Sounds good and about what I figured.

So Diancie is out there, huh? Cool. If anyone can hook me up with a clone, let me know.

Also, I wish the GTS allowed for more specific requests. When I'm looking for an Adamant Ralts I can breed with, I don't want to have to rely on the community to actually give me the thing I'm politely asking for.

Muku

Think it got lost at end of last page, so I'll requote here. Only requote I'll do of it:

On a side note, I'll probably be doing a one time clone session of just one of my Diancie. Can't say when it will be because going to SR them all for at least something good. If you want one, send me a PM. Once I take care of the list of folks from my inbox that's it.

lupinko

And as for my Diancie, two of three are not available for cloning. The third however will be farmed with a backup save device. But there is no eta on when that will take place.

Muku

So Diancie is out there, huh? Cool. If anyone can hook me up with a clone, let me know.

Also, I wish the GTS allowed for more specific requests. When I'm looking for an Adamant Ralts I can breed with, I don't want to have to rely on the community to actually give me the thing I'm politely asking for.

Agreed. When I was Vivillon collecting I'd have killed to been able to ask for specifically, without any trolls giving me ANOTHER Elegant pattern, say "Icy Storm".

KiraFA37

Still looking for one? Got one with telepathy and several egg moves I could breed for you.

sgb

Thanks to Muku for helping me out on some dex fills!!

Has anyone in the 'Gaf had a chance to clone out some Diancie?? Lucky Jpn...

Zing

Banned
All this talk of "cloning" (wonder how the term came into use after decades of this type of thing being called "duping" in video games) reminds me of how everyone ran around in identical Godly Plate of the Whale and used identical King's Sword of Haste back in the Diablo days. Do you find that you run into the same exact Pokemon online due to the "best" one being duped? Do you guys even play online or is this just a collection thing?

sgb

Personally i'm not into the 6iv and perfect nature breeding others are, i just want a full dex. Online battling i do but it's strictly for fun and with whomever i feel like using at that given time! But more power to those that put that time in for the perfect team and what not.

fek

All this talk of "cloning" (wonder how the term came into use after decades of this type of thing being called "duping" in video games) reminds me of how everyone ran around in identical Godly Plate of the Whale and used identical King's Sword of Haste back in the Diablo days. Do you find that you run into the same exact Pokemon online due to the "best" one being duped? Do you guys even play online or is this just a collection thing?
It doesn't matter much for competitive battling this gen because they made it way easier to make the "best", as in 5IV (or 6 iv for mixed but that's a bit harder) and right nature with egg moves, so most people only bother cloning events and that's mostly for collecting, yes

Movie talk sounds fun : D

SR is going to be ass with that stupid spiel every time.

Is Quiet good for it? I'm just looking for bold or Calm for the first Diancie.

And Diancie truly is the Sailor Moon Pokemon.

Ouch, I totally forgot about that conversation. Does it appear when you enter a Pokemon Centre with Diancie or after you pick up Diancie from the delivery girl?

Maybe you could grab one, then trade it to another game to get the conversation over and done with?

Velcro Fly

There is no funny business about abilities switching from one to the other when going from older gens right? If I have a Scyther with Technician on Gen V and put it in my Bank it won't magically become Swarm or anything will it? This is strictly for in game purposes and not competitive but I want Technician and want to make sure if I take time and breed one on a previous gen with Technician it will still be the same in Gen VI. I seem to remember some pokemon having weird things happen when crossing gens and having more than one regular ability possible.

There is no funny business about abilities switching from one to the other when going from older gens right? If I have a Scyther with Technician on Gen V and put it in my Bank it won't magically become Swarm or anything will it? This is strictly for in game purposes and not competitive but I want Technician and want to make sure if I take time and breed one on a previous gen with Technician it will still be the same in Gen VI. I seem to remember some pokemon having weird things happen when crossing gens and having more than one regular ability possible.

If we're talking about Scyther, you should be fine. If for some reason you do get Swarm, you can use a Ability Capsule to switch its ability to Technician, since both abilities aren't its hidden ability (Steadfast is).

Firestorm

People have called it cloning as far as I can remember going back to Red and Blue close to 20 years ago.

Clones don't really matter in competitive play.

L.O.R.D

LORD did you manage to get one?
Also do you have a better 6IV Yveltal than the one you had last time?

no , i am searching for one
i was going to get 5IV trio Kalos legendary ,but for he didn't give me
and the 6IV , most of the people have the save exact one , i just use them as trophy

Velcro Fly

I'm stressing myself out planning teams for my new Y cart and my all water type Alpha Sapphire team.

It's a battle between using something I like (Ludicolo) versus subbing it out for something that might be more useful type coverage wise. On a team full of water pokemon, something that is only going to get water and grass moves is worthless :(

Velcro Fly

I'm stressing myself out planning teams for my new Y cart and my all water type Alpha Sapphire team.

It's a battle between using something I like (Ludicolo) versus subbing it out for something that might be more useful type coverage wise. On a team full of water pokemon, something that is only going to get water and grass moves is worthless :(

Yeah I'm a moron. Grass is totally worth it for the multitudes of water pokemon I will have to fight in the Gen 3 remakes! Why does my brain just not work sometimes!

Hackworth

Yo Gaf, is there any etiquette to using friendcodes from this topic for friend safari or can I just grab as many as I want?

Also, how do I know what type my own friend safari is?

EDIT: oh yeah, does anyone know if there are any NZ event pokemon about? I found a way to get opposite version Charizardite on reddit but I figure you all probably already know that one.

Yo Gaf, is there any etiquette to using friendcodes from this topic for friend safari or can I just grab as many as I want?

Also, how do I know what type my own friend safari is?

EDIT: oh yeah, does anyone know if there are any NZ event pokemon about? I found a way to get opposite version Charizardite on reddit but I figure you all probably already know that one.

PM or post here who's FC you want to add so they can see and add you back. Someone you've already exchanged FCs with will need to check what type safari you have for you.

lupinko

Movie talk sounds fun : D

Ouch, I totally forgot about that conversation. Does it appear when you enter a Pokemon Centre with Diancie or after you pick up Diancie from the delivery girl?

Maybe you could grab one, then trade it to another game to get the conversation over and done with?

As soon as you grab it those random people appear out of nowhere, you can't skip it. You can make it end faster by "giving up" Diancie so the old rich guy comes out and refuses your offer.

L.O.R.D

As soon as you grab it those random people appear out of nowhere, you can't skip it. You can make it end faster by "giving up" Diancie so the old rich guy comes out and refuses your offer.

lupinko , are you online right now ?
can i borrow your diancie for a while and return it ?

Top Bottom