• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

Thank you Nintendo PlayStation!

Awesome, thank you so much Nintendo Playstation! Looking forward to a neutral Charmander. Curious to stack it up against my Modest and Adamant ones.

You're both very welcome! Glad I tried my hand at cloning tonight. And thank you guys too!

No, it was announced you can get either PokeMiles or BP if you use Pokemon Bank or something.

Naw, that's not what I wanna hear! That would just be too Nintendo.

Kirlia

Banned
Hey, some Pokemon with hidden abilities are unobtainable still; fair price I'd say.

I'm convinced that Contrary Snivy will never see the light of day.

And even if it did, wouldn't it still be overshadowed by Contrary Malamar? Or would it still be able to stand on its own?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I'm convinced that Contrary Snivy will never see the light of day.

And even if it did, wouldn't it still be overshadowed by Contrary Malamar? Or would it still be able to stand on its own?

I played with one last gen on a simulator, threw a scarf on it and it breezed through anything that didn't resist Leaf Storm. After one boost even stuff it hit neutrally went down in one hit.

one_kill

I had a match which was going in my favour til my opponent d/c'd... or maybe the service just dropped.

Anyway, she killed my Porygon2 with her Delphox. She used Fire Spin to trap it and a combination of Future Sight and Mystical Fire to do most of the damage. The Future Sight critically hit it though, it would've survived otherwise. Whatever, it was cool because I didn't expect her tactic to win against my stall.

L.O.R.D

i just started battle Maison
20 single battle was easy
then, shit happen
start super single battle and i start to struggle in every one
i have chansey Bold 31/31/31/31/25/31
EV : 252 def , 252 SP def , 4 HP
hold : Eviolite
Toxic - Protect - Dazzling Gleam - Soft Boiled

saw Altaria , tried Dazzling Gleam on it, only took 15-20 HP from him .and its super effective
but he attack me with ice beam and 1/3 of HP is gone

spiritfox

then, shit happen

saw Altaria , tried Dazzling Gleam on it, only took 15-20 HP from him .and its super effective

Chansey has 35 base special attack. Against a bulky dragon like Altaria it's not going to do anything. Seismic Toss or even Toxic would have done more.

one_kill

then, shit happen

Use toxic and just stall

I personally don't go for stall tactics in battle maison as you need to play fast for a win streak in a reasonable amount of time (mega evolution animations are bad enough here).

I decided to give super singles a go as I should fare better than I do in super multi (using a Sun team, Aerodactyl or that other rock/flying fossil usually show up sometime and its gg there) and I've got a streak of 46 so far. Had a few close calls. The best was not knowing Cobalion had justified and winding up double sucker punching it with Mega Karn (I knew it outsped me, was fighting and had sacred sword so with that info it seemed like a smart move) leaving only Garchomp to take it on. Garchomp failed to kill it with Earthqukae but survived +2 sacred sword with 2 HP and then rough skin took care of the rest (if it had died Cobalion would have fainted first and I'd have lost...thats how it works, right?).

Oh yeah who was the other team member. Talonflame lead. STAB recoil, roost and tailwind (tailwind suicide may not be the best, especially when you survive turn 1 but 'Karn loves the tailwind), EVs are still an experiment (trying to work out the sweet spot for speed when I need to use flare blitz as gale wings makes it irrelevant for the other moves, I also accidentally gave it 20 defence EVs, which have been surprisingly useful).

ugoo18

I do feel like trying a pure stall team though using just toxic and will o wisp to see how far i could go in the maison.

EDIT: Still watching the Indigo Plateau season of Pokemon and damm there are a lot of puns in it. I don't remember all these puns lol.

one_kill

I do feel like trying a pure stall team though using just toxic and will o wisp to see how far i could go in the maison.

EDIT: Still watching the Indigo Plateau season of Pokemon and damm there are a lot of puns in it. I don't remember all these puns lol.
I've gotten a 49 win streak by mostly stalling with Porygon2 and Mega Venusaur. I had Infernape to do damage though when it was getting boring.

I might try out my new stallers and see how they fare.

L.O.R.D

Use toxic and just stall

i tried , Altaria is faster then me, he killed me in the second stall

next one have Magnezone that doesn't effect with toxic

what other moves that have constant hit ratio ?
seismic toss and dragon rage,,,any other moves ?
return is good ?

Usobuko

Banned
i tried , Altaria is faster then me, he killed me in the second stall

next one have Magnezone that doesn't effect with toxic

what other moves that have constant hit ratio ?
seismic toss and dragon rage,,,any other moves ?
return is good ?

try this: Seismic Toss, Toxic, Aromatherapy, Softboiled.

No idea why you're using dazzling gleam or protect.

This can't be said enough. Battle Spot is worse than cancer. Whoever thought 3v3 was a good idea should have been strangled at birth.

I need to relax. *plays PokePark 2*

SeZMehK

I started a wonder locke run on my physical Y cart. This is what I got:

All level 1:
Beldum
Scyther
Feebas
Zorua
Charmander
Cacnea

Seems good. Gotta evolve my feebas. The hunt begins for a prism scale! Lol.

DaBoss

Hey guys we have been streaming all day. The tournament is still going In Long Beach where close to a thousand people showed up.

http://twitch.tv/nuggetbridge

Currently 2009 vs 2013 US National Champions in the quarter finals
I was watching the stream yesterday and the first place the stream was from (not sure where) was having a crappy framerate. Was there a crappy connection or was there something wrong with the equipment? Also, did you guys get permission from the people running it to record matches?

Should I still use Life Orb on Sheer Force Nidoking with a Earth Power, Thunderbolt, Ice Beam, Sludge Wave layout or is that only for moves without a secondary effect?

I just finished X and loved it. This was my first Pokemon game since blue back in the mid 90's. I have absolutely no clue what I'm doing but I really want to get into team building and breeding I'd love to add some friends. Should I leave my friend code here or are you guys doing it a different way?

Shouta

Turns out a fighting game guy won the Southern Cali Regional tournament. I know him from SFxT and he said he'd give me some tips and help build a team. =o

Wichu

iznNCjW1B4mC8.png
ibvTRTKgfx2cRR.png

I sprited the best gen 6 mon!

Also trying out a new avatar.

DaBoss

Should I still use Life Orb on Sheer Force Nidoking with a Earth Power, Thunderbolt, Ice Beam, Sludge Wave layout or is that only for moves without a secondary effect?
Definitely should. When the move has a secondary effect, you won't get damage from Life Orb, and all of those moves you have do secondary damage.
I just finished X and loved it. This was my first Pokemon game since blue back in the mid 90's. I have absolutely no clue what I'm doing but I really want to get into team building and breeding I'd love to add some friends. Should I leave my friend code here or are you guys doing it a different way?
Well you just leave your FC and ask people to add you I guess.

People here can offer you Pokemon to help you start breeding and stuff. There are guides in the OP of OT3.
Sliggoo is better. :3
How dare you insult our lord Goomy? Look at what you did, you made it angry.
mDuayUt.gif

Turns out a fighting game guy won the Southern Cali Regional tournament. I know him from SFxT and he said he'd give me some tips and help build a team. =o

apparently finals was nearly a mirror match

yo Firestorm I saw the winner of that regional say that Nugget Bridge annoys him, comments? :p

Delio

Oh boy Battle spot sure is littered with Mewtwos today @_@. Also people seem to love keeping Blaziken in on Talonflame for some reason. Dunno why.

Tiamant

What moves did it have? Did it take many hits?

It was an scarfed one so that took me by surprise when my Accelgor attacked second, it took quite a few hits and a couple of switches with stealth rock on the field, so yeah, it resisted more than I'd have liked :/

CrimsonN0

Oh boy Battle spot sure is littered with Mewtwos today @_@. Also people seem to love keeping Blaziken in on Talonflame for some reason. Dunno why.

Who knows why people do anything.
Earlier I fought someone that used a Genosect, Arceus, and Giratina.
They knew when to approprietly switch out on my pokemon, but pretty much only used Fly.

one_kill

Who knows why people do anything.
Earlier I fought someone that used a Genosect, Arceus, and Giratina.
They knew when to approprietly switch out on my pokemon, but pretty much only used Fly.
I mostly fight Mewtwo and Xerneas.
With Xerneas, I just stall. Mewtwo's a bit more annoying, but still easy to take down.

Can you imagine what will happen when Pokebank hits? Darkrai everywhere!

Sigmaah

I've been doing doubles in battle maison and I use Speed Boost Baton Pass Blaziken. It's pretty fun. I'm only at the lower levels but I'll see how far this team takes me.

Team is Blaziken, Heatran, Empoleon, Tornadus-T. I get like 1-2 speed boosts with blaziken, switch to Empoleon and just sweep mons, that's the main idea of the team. I think I need better moves tho.

Blaziken@Blazkienite
Hi jump kick
Flare blitz
Protect
Baton pass

Heatran@Air Balloon
SR
Fire blast
Forgot move lol
Hp Ice

Empoleon@Leftovers
Ice beam
Scald
Agility
Substitute

Tornadus@Life Orb
Focus blast
Heat wave
Hurricane
Hp ice

What do to make team more deadly?

Also, Shiny Mega Blaziken is soooo fresh.

Kirlia

Banned
I mostly fight Mewtwo and Xerneas.
With Xerneas, I just stall. Mewtwo's a bit more annoying, but still easy to take down.

Can you imagine what will happen when Pokebank hits? Darkrai everywhere!

A bit off topic, but might I say that your Friend Safari is hella rad. Espurr and Shadow Tag Gothorita? Hell yes! Sorry my FS isn't as good, though.

one_kill

A bit off topic, but might I say that your Friend Safari is hella rad. Espurr and Shadow Tag Gothorita? Hell yes! Sorry my FS isn't as good, though.
<3 :D glad you like it

I've been doing doubles in battle maison and I use Speed Boost Baton Pass Blaziken. It's pretty fun. I'm only at the lower levels but I'll see how far this team takes me.

Team is Blaziken, Heatran, Empoleon, Tornadus-T. I get like 1-2 speed boosts with blaziken, switch to Empoleon and just sweep mons, that's the main idea of the team. I think I need better moves tho.

What do to make team more deadly?

Also, Shiny Mega Blaziken is soooo fresh.
Your team is susceptible to earthquake and fighting moves

MicH

Where the hell is Pokémon Bank!? Jesus Christ this is ridiculous

And I have about 7 or 8 Pokemon I need to EV train and I don't feel like doing it at all

Top Bottom