• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

Korosenai

Well gonna put this in a separate post lol.

I'M AN IDIOT! I HAD A FEMALE SMEARGLE READY, not a male! WHY ME? Does anyone have a Smeargle Friend Safari and could you send me a Scraggy Scrafty? lol

I have spare 5v Scrafty's with the proper egg moves, but they're in poke balls. I could give you a male though.

I just swept with my vivillon... >.<
Dude, that move "Powder" is no joke. Totally caught me off guard when Charizard tried Flamethrower in the Battle Chateau. Got me multiple times, too. Thought it would use a different move so I kept spamming Flamethrower. Lesson learned. Had to use Fly to take it out.

SeZMehK

Dude, that move "Powder" is no joke. Totally caught me off guard when Charizard tried Flamethrower in the Battle Chateau. Got me multiple times, too. Thought it would use a different move so I kept spamming Flamethrower. Lesson learned. Had to use Fly to take it out.

I just did sleep powder then quiver dance. Swept the rest.

cmurph

Banned
I have yet to do a battle online&#8230;
I&#8217;ve been spending most of my time breeding.

This is what I have so far:

Jolly Durant &#8211; Truant
Timid Gothitelle &#8211; Shadow Tag
Adamant / Modest Charizard &#8211; Blaze / Solar Power w/ Dragon Dance, Dragon Pulse, Outrage
Modest / Bold Eevee w/ Wish, Yawn
Jolly / Timid Whimsicott &#8211; Prankster w/ Memento, Encore
Timid Delphox &#8211; Magician w/ Heat Wave, Hypnosis, Magic Coat, Wish
Adamant Blaziken &#8211; Blaze / Speed Boost w/Feint, Baton Pass
Adamant Mawile &#8211; Intimidate w/ Sucker Punch, Fire Fang, Ice Fang, Thunder Fang
Adamant Absol &#8211; Super Luck w/ Sucker Punch, Play Rough, Zen Headbutt, Feint
Adamant / Jolly Scrafty &#8211; Moxie w/ Sucker Punch, Drain Punch, Fire Punch, Ice Punch

Most of these are either 5 or 6IVs.

Any tips on what I should be breeding for my first starter team?

Scrafty can't learn Sucker Punch.

SCRAFTY CAN'T LEARN SUCKER PUNCH

Also Fire Punch is kind of redundant on it. Replace it with Dragon Dance if you want to make any use out of a Jolly build.

Had a great battle just now! I belive with a gaffer here named Nick ingame XD

Haha, that was me. I forgot to put my Mega stone on Lucario :( That Porygon wouldn't die. GG.

Lots of good battles on GAF today. Also GG to Mackelol, I will beat you one day. *shakes fist*

And Crimson, sorry about the disconnect. My DS was about to die anyway. Your new team seemed really interesting! Looking forward to battling it again.

Delio

Haha, that was me. I forgot to put my Mega stone on Lucario :( That Porygon wouldn't die. GG.

Lots of good battles on GAF today. Also GG to Mackelol, I will beat you one day. *shakes fist*

And Crimson, sorry about the disconnect. My DS was about to die anyway. Your new team seemed really interesting! Looking forward to battling it again.

Ah! Yeah it was an extremely fun battle. I made a few misplays but other than that you had me going. Porygon 2 my pride and joy <3

Are there only 3 levels of PGL balloon popping? It says "You will need certain numbers of Medals in order to play different levels of attractions." I have 100 medals at the moment.

macklelol

I was mostly suprised Victreebell outsped Mamoswine at the end during the first game.

Yeah. Honestly, I should've went for Ice Shard at the end, cause I would have definitely won, but I expected Mamoswine to outspeed it no problem. My Mamoswine might be missing Speed IVs. (edit: yeah god damn my mamoswine must be either missing a ton of Speed IVs or I fucked up EV training it somehow.)

Why Porygon 2 and not Porygon Z?

Porygon2 is very bulky, thanks to Eviolite. Porygon-Z is a sweeper. They fulfill different roles.

Porygon2 is very bulky, thanks to Eviolite. Porygon-Z is a sweeper. They fulfill different roles.

So which would you recommend I evolve? A 5IV (missing Attack) Porygon into 2 and a 6IV Porygon into Z? Or vice-versa?

Porygon2 with Eviolite and a defensive EV spread is bulky as heck
It can even eat a super effective Aura Sphere from Mega Mewtwo X and Y and survive

And how does the Download ability play into this?

I want to try building a team instead of just throwing together a bunch of random things.

Do you guys think Mega Aggron and Florges would make a good defensive core? I've been wanting to use those two for a while and it seems like they'd complement each other pretty well.

CrimsonN0

So which would you recommend I evolve? A 5IV (missing Attack) Porygon into 2 and a 6IV Porygon into Z? Or vice-versa?

Well, neither Porygon really needs Attack, so either way should be fine.

Download raises either Attack or Special Attack depending on the other pokemon's Defense/Special Defense stat.
My Porygon2 has Trace, though, which copies the enemies Ability.

macklelol

I want to try building a team instead of just throwing together a bunch of random things.

Do you guys think Mega Aggron and Florges would make a good defensive core? I've been wanting to use those two for a while and it seems like they'd complement each other pretty well.

Sounds good. I think Sylveon would be a better partner, just for bigger Wishes.

one_kill

Porygon-Z isn't a physical sweeper, it's a special sweeper. It doesn't need attack unless you're planning to have Download factor in somehow... which is something I don't recommend.

Trace is fun because it's quite easy to bring Porygon2 out and copy an ability. I'm not sure if you read my post about this one match I had, but I once traced Serene Grace from Togekiss and froze three enemies with Ice Beam. It was so hype.

spiritfox

Porygon-Z isn't a physical sweeper, it's a special sweeper. It doesn't need attack unless you're planning to have Download factor in somehow... which is something I don't recommend.

Trace is fun because it's quite easy to bring Porygon2 out and copy an ability. I'm not sure if you read my post about this one match I had, but I once traced Serene Grace from Togekiss and froze three enemies with Ice Beam. It was so hype.

Download is nice if you switch in to the correct mon. Free SpA boost which gives Porygon2 a chance to sweep. Managed to destroy a team with Infernape, Bisharp, and 2 others I forgot thanks to it. Analytic is also nice for a more consistent boost. In fact, all 3 abilities have their place, which makes Porygon2 such a beast.

Porygon-Z also gets Adaptability which makes Tri Attack hit like a truck.

CrimsonN0

Yeah, Tracing Protean you can usually just tear through enemies while still being incredibly bulky.
Also, Tracing Poison Heal off a Gliscor after it Toxics you.

Top Bottom