• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

You also posted on the 1st saying that you got some while the Powersaves ones, that say they were gotten on the 1st, weren't actually gotten on the 1st.

Which is kind of hilarious in its own little way.

lupinko

You also posted on the 1st saying that you got some while the Powersaves ones, that say they were gotten on the 1st, weren't actually gotten on the 1st.

Which is kind of hilarious in its own little way.

Yeah, it is amusing, but anyway I'm offering exchanges for people who got 8/1 from me anyway. Because I know how the community is with that sort of thing.

But this makes it easier now for my trades and I have the entire month so I can have my own personal batch of non 8/1 anyway. Lol

I hope this doesn't mess up Korean Wishing Star Jirachi. Tho that one is a bit more trickier to obtain as Korean events are not as popular.

That is a kalos native distribution of the gba Wishmaker Jirachi event that I can farm from the GameCube disc. Except it only had a Ganlon berry and not a Salac as another option.

Muku

Well ours are real, because I physically went there to farm. D:

Yeah. Mine is a Tohoku native. :D Just a jab at Powersaves. I'm not a fan, haha.

By the way, if anyone sees when the Pikachu for the upcoming Yokohama event go up, let me know. Curious about date on them. :/

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
In transferring over my Pokemon from Black/White to the PokeBank, I had four that wouldn't transfer. I guess that means they were not legit? I think I received them in trades, but it was years ago so I don't remember.

Palkia
Darkrai
Shaymin
Arceus

What are my best options for getting them at this point?

If anyone here has those and wants to trade for some reason, I could trade any of these:

Mewtwo
Entei
Suicune
Latias
Heatran
Regigigas
Giratina
Manaphy

lupinko

In transferring over my Pokemon from Black/White to the PokeBank, I had four that wouldn't transfer. I guess that means they were not legit? I think I received them in trades, but it was years ago so I don't remember.

Palkia
Darkrai
Shaymin
Arceus

What are my best options for getting them at this point?

If anyone here has those and wants to trade for some reason, I could trade any of these:

Mewtwo
Entei
Suicune
Latias
Heatran
Regigigas
Giratina
Manaphy

I have a spare Palkia from Dream Radar lying around, you can have em.

celebi23

So, I've got a bit of a favor to ask. I didn't realize you can't have Pokémon hold items in Pokémon Bank so, I'm trying to find a way to get Bulbasaur (with the mega stone) from my Y game to my X game. Would anyone be willing to help me trade from me to you and then back to me in my X game? Shoot me a PM if you can give me a hand. Thanks!

Muku

The Wishing Star Jirachi is the one that is out with the movie that took like 10 years to come out, right?

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
So, I've got a bit of a favor to ask. I didn't realize you can't have Pokémon hold items in Pokémon Bank so, I'm trying to find a way to get Bulbasaur (with the mega stone) from my Y game to my X game. Would anyone be willing to help me trade from me to you and then back to me in my X game? Shoot me a PM if you can give me a hand. Thanks!
I'll do it. PM incoming.

lupinko

Now to figure out how to get either one...

You know how you are getting the Japanese one. Can't say much for the Korean one tho.

The Wishing Star Jirachi is the one that is out with the movie that took like 10 years to come out, right?

Yep, it is for the Korean dub of Jirachi Wishmaker that took 10 years to come to South Korea.

I'm trying to secure Korean Jirachis via trades with my Japanese Shiny Jirachis.

Edit: I can see why Koreans also like Jirachi and why it's special since Korea also has its own version of Tanabata which itself originated in China.

I don't know how you folks put up with soft resetting for good gift pokemon for so long. I've been dinking away at it off an on for a few hours today and I came up with this Pokeball Vivillon.

Modest
Compound Eyes
31/13-20/25-30/20-28/17-24/22-30

I think I'm about ready to keep it.

Kangi

Every now and again I play online to sweep some legendary teams with Aegislash and then stop playing for another month or two.

This time I actually went and looked on Smogon and the like to see what people are using at high tiers. I'm actually surprised that it seems SpA Aegislash has become the "optimal build". I could never abandon my Weakness Policy-Swords Dance-Shadow Sneak sweeping.

But I totally called Greninjas using Extrasensory. Ahead of the curve, baby.

I don't know how you folks put up with soft resetting for good gift pokemon for so long. I've been dinking away at it off an on for a few hours today and I came up with this Pokeball Vivillon.

Modest
Compound Eyes
31/13-20/25-30/20-28/17-24/22-30

I think I'm about ready to keep it.

Yeah, keep it. Those stats should still allow it to do what it does best after a boost or two. Better than my Timid with low 20s and Hardy with a 31 in SpA and an 8 in Speed any day of the week.

Ok, gonna give some time on my Torchic shiny hunt. Day and night I kept breeding it and I ended up leveling one of the mothers from level 1 to level 97 using only the Daycare, no shiny. I'm tired of seeing this red chicken, so I'll try for a Honedge now.

I ended up with a few 6IV Speed Boost Female Torchic though, probably would've gotten more if I didn't discard every male after a while.

EDIT: Welp, looks like I'll breed a Bagon shiny soon. That Megamence looks awesome.

lupinko

Ok, gonna give some time on my Torchic shiny hunt. Day and night I kept breeding it and I ended up leveling one of the mothers from level 1 to level 97 using only the Daycare, no shiny. I'm tired of seeing this red chicken, so I'll try for a Honedge now.

I ended up with a few 6IV Speed Boost Female Torchic though, probably would've gotten more if I didn't discard every male after a while.

EDIT: Welp, looks like I'll breed a Bagon shiny now. That Megamence looks awesome.

I'm interested in those, do they have egg moves too?

EDIT: Welp, looks like I'll breed a Bagon shiny soon. That Megamence looks awesome.
No kidding! I'm going to hold off on breeding one of those until I learn a bit more about the Mega though.

Muku

Finally got home to take a look at that Mega Altaria... those clouds. I'm not sure it's fluffy enough...

Holy shit Mega Salamence, that looks awesome. Looks like he's wearing a flight suit, though. :lol I hope he's a Sp.A heavy hitter, otherwise I'll have to breed a new one for ORAS.

Muku

Holy shit Mega Salamence, that looks awesome. Looks like he's wearing a flight suit, though. :lol I hope he's a Sp.A heavy hitter, otherwise I'll have to breed a new one for ORAS.

Curious what he's going to be about, but hoping SpAtk as well. Fortunately, I've held on long enough I haven't bred one, though it is on my long list to do so. Guess there was a good reason to put him later on list. Going to definitely wait now until more information.

What are thoughts on the Pikachu outfits yielding different moves? I think idea is cool, but I kind of think it should be an optional thing vs having to do it to adjust it. But meh. Knew something big had to happen with it since the first shot of Pikachu in clothing. Can't wait for ORAS!

lupinko

Cheers lupinko!

You don't want adamant 5iv unburden Treecko with egg moves? No one likes Treecko. Lol

Have fun and enjoy.

Edit: some guy after traded me I think hacked pokemon, a shiny lv 1 jolteon and a shiny level something altaria in a dream ball. Neither are Kalos.

Muku

You don't want adamant 5iv unburden Treecko with egg moves? No one likes Treecko. Lol

Have fun and enjoy.

Edit: some guy after traded me I think hacked pokemon, a shiny lv 1 jolteon and a shiny level something altaria in a dream ball. Neither are Kalos.

Shiny level 1 Jolteon? They didn't even try to make it look legit. :/ (Not saying you can't have Jolteon at level 1... but I highly doubt they'd change Eevee. Eevee would be an easier sell I think because someone would have many choices to choose from on receiving end of one.)

lupinko

Shiny level 1 Jolteon? They didn't even try to make it look legit. :/ (Not saying you can't have Jolteon at level 1... but I highly doubt they'd change Eevee. Eevee would be an easier sell I think because someone would have many choices to choose from on receiving end of one.)

That's ok I trolled him with real legit shiny Jirachi.

If the altaria has hyper voice it's not so bad, I'll check later.

Muku

That's ok I trolled him with real legit shiny Jirachi.

If the altaria has hyper voice it's not so bad, I'll check later.

LOL nice. Though to him probably wouldn't matter if it was legit or not. :(

On a side note, if I have a few Pokemon things I'm looking to give away on GAF, would it be acceptable to post them here to do so? Trying to figure out where best to do so. Nothing major, just some extras I've gotten from the 7-11 Pokemon lottery thing, but want to find them homes. (Not sure when I'll post them, but sometime soon.)

JoeM86

Anyone participating in the Super Speed Double Battle battle competition?

I did my battles for today, came 8-2. Proves to me that Team Preview is my undoing :)

lupinko

I still haven't gotten my vgc team ready ever since I started farming Wishmaker and Ageto, not to mention this Shiny Tanabata event.

Anyway an announcement, while there is still a moratorium on asking me about Shiny Jirachi. I will be offering exchanges with the people I traded with affected by the 8/1 debacle.

What does that mean? Well if you don't really care about the powersaves date and the fact that mine are real and legitimate as I physically go to the event to farm, you may get one of these refurb Shiny Jirachis.

Like for example I have one coming back already.

In return, I don't know, a set of pokemon with 5ivs and egg moves, I hear Altaria with hyper voice in a dream ball is cool!

A set, so 6.

Not looking for:

Gible
Squirtle
Charmander
Bulbasaur (someone is helping me with this already)
Treecko
Mudkip
Totodile
Chikorita
Oshawott
Larvitar
Tepig
Vulpix
Mawile
Starly
Froakie
Chespin
Fennekin
Mismagius
Honedge
bisharp's early form I forget
Riolu

And some others but this off the top of my head.

Also I still go around doing a mystery lottery for Shiny Jirachi, so watch your PMs.

I'll post again when I have the refurbs back.

question : how to you farm a legit events ?
do you ask the person to resend you the gift over and over ?

Easy, you go to event download wonder card, play the game up to Santalune and either trade to 3ds #2 or to Pokebank, the latter removes the held item tho.

Afterward, wipe the save and redo it again, it takes like 15 minutes each time.

Edit: I don't need Piplup either and I just got a 4iv near flawless Adamant shiny Jirachi, 8/8: 30–31 HP; 30–31/30–31 Physical; 0–9/10–19 Special; 30–31 Speed

I'm keeping that one for myself. :D

Edit: I borked this movie Darkrai somehow, my 3ds got reset to 1/3/2011 and I didn't notice it until it was too late.

I don't know if it was the firmware update that caused it or me using my NA Y cart to transfer mon to my JP Bank.

Ugh.

joelseph

Getting used to my new Aegislash in the Battle Maison, the CPU has literally no idea how to handle this thing. Lead with a sub and you can almost guarantee the first 20 matches are going to end 3-0 with you unscathed.

Qurupeke

Anyone participating in the Super Speed Double Battle battle competition?

I did my battles for today, came 8-2. Proves to me that Team Preview is my undoing :)

Just finished with the battles, 8-2 too. Those Mega Kangaskhan+Garchomp combos literally annihilate my team. It feels like I'm the only one that uses Sun Power Heliolisk+M Charizard Y. I've never seen that combination used by someone else but it works quite good. Such a shame.

With the mega Salamence reveal I went and bred a Naive one, that's sure to be useable. Got a 6IV one too! I'd breed a swablu but I'm having a hard time guessing what natue might end up being useful for Mega Altaria. With Pikachu likely getting to use Icicle Crash in regular battles I should look into physical Pikachu.

fek

Just finished with the battles, 8-2 too. Those Mega Kangaskhan+Garchomp combos literally annihilate my team. It feels like I'm the only one that uses Sun Power Heliolisk+M Charizard Y. I've never seen that combination used by someone else but it works quite good. Such a shame.
There was a guy in the US Nationals that placed well and used that combo too, along with Gigalith, Weavile, Espeon and Sawk, pretty interesting team.

Renta

Banned

Funny. I got 2 wins, 8 loses.

Better than expected lol. I'm going in straight casual!

Qurupeke

There was a guy in the US Nationals that placed well and used that combo too, along with Gigalith, Weavile, Espeon and Sawk, pretty interesting team.

I really should watch his battles. A bit of weird team but it works, eh. I always had a soft spot for Gigalith but I couldn't use it for anything other than Stealth Rock+Sturdy.

Funny. I got 2 wins, 8 loses.

Better than expected lol. I'm going in straight casual!

Practice makes perfect. The first time I used my team I did so many mistakes and now I can even predict trick room users or potential threats. I'm far from being consider a pro player but I'm really not doing bad anymore. I usually have 1600+ on tourneys. In B2W2 I had lower than 1500 usually.

CrimsonN0

Man, I haven't played since the first couples months this year and am remembering how horrible it is fighting MegaKanga and Aegislash if you don't have the right pokemon.
I've somehow, luckily only ran into normal Talonflames instead of Gale Wings, though.

Plus, Darkrai...in fact the one I'm fighting right now even uses Substitute on top of the usual Dark Void and Dream Eater.

Top Bottom