• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

lupinko

Pikachu came by yesterday.

J5WR2fa.jpg

And look who came to farm today.

EMMbHU2.jpg

Muku

LOL... well.. He wants to be the very best. Like no one ever was.

Edit: Also, I hope that I can see an army of Pikachu later this week. I want to go to Yokohama to feel like I'm in a real life Pokemon game.
I guess exception here is that Pikachu would be way taller than they should be, haha.

lupinko

LOL... well.. He wants to be the very best. Like no one ever was.

Edit: Also, I hope that I can see an army of Pikachu later this week. I want to go to Yokohama to feel like I'm in a real life Pokemon game.
I guess exception here is that Pikachu would be way taller than they should be, haha.

Well he had competition from N over there. :p lol

I only got 6 today, I was trying to go for 15 yesterday but only got 11 in total. I think trying to give away Agetos and Wishmakers slowed me down. I was debating on staying for more today but I wanted to watch a movie (which as I type this I missed anyway so I'll watch it for a 3:50pm showing). But the bigger reason was that the dude sitting to my left had horrible BO.

I bought pineapple pokemon candy and a Darkrai plushie yesterday. I was set on Keldeo until I found out they had both formes, ugh.

That and reg / shiny Genesect keep me from buying them right away.

The best part is if I no longer need these plushies I can always resell them or give them away to relatives.

They're also the cheapest since they're like $11 roughly. I think I'll only limit it to mythical pokemon. Sorry Mewtwo but we all know Mew was always my one true favourite. Lol

They don't have Mew yet, only in poke petit form and I don't like that design.

So if you thought poke doll (the plushies that Muku and I have) were chibi, well petit is super chibi.

Muku

Oh my gosh, I'd kill for a Mew. They have the petit one there? Don't remember seeing it last time, but going to have to see if they have on this coming weekend. x_x I'm probably going to pick up another pair of Pikachu chop sticks if they have them there. I want a set to use but want to keep one around that aren't used.

Edit: Other day I tried for a few more in Pokemon lottery. The Diancie was sadly gone by then. No surprise there. :/ When you put Pikachu in every lottery and if a new Pokemon is out, the new Pokemon is always going first. (I am guilty.. did that with the Pokemon lottery when Sylveon was in it after being announced, haha.) It's an adorable Pikachu. Just slightly smaller than the Samurai Blue Pikachu (on right for comparison).

Was really the only plushie available still at this point, but pretty adorable while holding the fruit. Though now tempted to get a Diancie at PC now.

Pillow in back they're both resting on was the A prize in the Monster Hunter lottery thing a couple months ago. (Some places are STILL trying to get rid of the Monster Hunter stuff left over.) Pillow was most awesome thing in it. Got it after a few tries. Dragon pillow FTW.

Will probably receive some kind of contempt for this request, but is there anyone who owns B2W2 who would be willing to teach my Cacturne Giga Drain from the move tutor?

Wichu

Managed to get in a triple battle while waiting for my train to leave yesterday using some Pokémon I recently trained. Wow, Manectric is awesome. It took out four of my opponent's Pokémon almost single-handedly.

Also Sky Drop Aerodactyl trolls Greninja setups hard. That's right, Azumarill, try Belly Drumming after taking Manectric's Discharge.

Fun fact: Manectric is slower than Aerodactyl before Mega Evolving, but faster afterwards. You can get two Discharges in under the first Sky Drop.

Mush

I've been breeding a whole bunch of 5IV Careful Swablus in light of the recent news regarding its Mega Evolution (even though I hate them, Altaria is still my favourite 'mon). I'll probably end up with a whole bunch of spares so let me know if you want one!

However, I've just realised that I won't be able to teach any of them Heal Bell which sucks. Special moves from Colosseum and XD don't pass down when bred do they? Because that would be my only shot other than going back to BW and move tutoring it.

I've been breeding a whole bunch of 5IV Careful Swablus in light of the recent news regarding its Mega Evolution (even though I hate them, Altaria is still my favourite 'mon). I'll probably end up with a whole bunch of spares so let me know if you want one!

However, I've just realised that I won't be able to teach any of them Heal Bell which sucks. Special moves from Colosseum and XD don't pass down when bred do they? Because that would be my only shot other than going back to BW and move tutoring it.
No, only Egg Moves pass down unfortunately.
:(

The hunt for wondercard pokemon for personal use continues, now with Jirachi:

Jirachi Impish 31/31/30/x/31/30

My luck remains high! I'm still trying for one with a good special attacker spread though.

Think I'm about done with breeding for a while. The ones I bred are all level 50-ish and I kitted out two teams with them. Haven't gotten my hands on the Y Megastones yet, but I'll keep looking. In the mean time, I'll play through Pokémon Black and HeartGold. :D

GG Aveyn Knight, I was in the middle of training so half my team wasn't ready, that poor Trapinch never stood a chance. :lol

Thank god for my Ampharos, though.

Thanks for the battle! I was a bit bored last night and throwing battle requests left and right, but only you responded : )

Haha, for some reason I thought that Trapinch was a crazy trolling Pokemon or something. I was kind of afraid actually because of Arena Trap and if it had a Focus Sash or something, it would cause my Rotom to drop to -4 Sp. Attack since I only had Leaf Storm.

If half your team wasn't ready, then I really need to improve my strategy XD

Thanks for the battle! I was a bit bored last night and throwing battle requests left and right, but only you responded : )

Haha, for some reason I thought that Trapinch was a crazy trolling Pokemon or something. I was kind of afraid actually because of Arena Trap and if it had a Focus Sash or something, it would cause my Rotom to drop to -4 Sp. Attack since I only had Leaf Storm.

If half your team wasn't ready, then I really need to improve my strategy XD

Yeah, the only Pokémon on my team that were battle-ready were Rayquaza, Ampharos and Charizard, I think. I had a Trapinch, Gabite and (I think) Vibrava who weren't ready yet. :p

Never fought a Rotom before, so when you sent it out I initially assumed it was an Electric type. That's why I attempted a Ground-move. :lol

Yeah, the only Pokémon on my team that were battle-ready were Rayquaza, Ampharos and Charizard, I think. I had a Trapinch, Gabite and (I think) Vibrava who weren't ready yet. :p

Never fought a Rotom before, so when you sent it out I initially assumed it was an Electric type. That's why I attempted a Ground-move. :lol

I suspect you'll be seeing a lot more of those in the coming future XD

Oh man, I was so stupid. I threw so many Pokemon at Rayquaza because I wanted to save the big guns for Garchomp... but I didn't even check its sprite to realise it was a Gabite lol.

By that time, I ran out of Pokemon to deal with Agility Ampharos.

I suspect you'll be seeing a lot more of those in the coming future XD

Oh man, I was so stupid. I threw so many Pokemon at Rayquaza because I wanted to save the big guns for Garchomp... but I didn't even check its sprite to realise it was a Gabite lol.

By that time, I ran out of Pokemon to deal with Agility Ampharos.

If I had pulled out my Rayquaza and sent Ampharos out against your Milotic, you might've been able to take it down. Luckily for me, I waited. :lol

They should make in the future an Uber challenge on the Maison/Battle Tower. It will never happen, but I like to use some 'mons (Lugia, etc) and would love to do some battling with them without getting stomped online.

Muku

Oh dear, I heard some rumblings that there's a secret 6th Pikachu during the Yokohama Outbreak event: a female one (Pokemon twitter).

Apparently has Heart Stamp and Hold Hands.

Talk about sneaky...

Well, initial stuff I saw when it was announce was like 6 or 7 (which seemed off to me), but maybe place I saw it kind of figured there was another. Any idea where it comes from in terms of location?

Edit: Haven't really looked into event since it started, but has it been confirmed that you can get one of each Pikachu on a game?

Well the pokemon bank was a bit disappointing. I was hoping I could transfer my pokemon from as far back as D/P, but nope only as far as B/W. About 8 years ago I spent hours upon hours transferring my pokemon from R/S/E and FR/LG to Pokemon Pearl, so thats where the lions share of my pokemon I've caught since the GBA days reside. I feel like I've wasted $5 for this yearly service. Any chance I'll be able to transfer my D/P, HG/SS over to the 3DS one day, because I do NOT want to spend hours upon hours getting them from Pearl -> Black -> X/Bank

Afterlife

I feel so dumb hatched a box full of gibles thinking the male would pass the ha but I forgot it only passes the ability with a ditto. I really wanted one in a luxury ball =/

one_kill

Well the pokemon bank was a bit disappointing. I was hoping I could transfer my pokemon from as far back as D/P, but nope only as far as B/W. About 8 years ago I spent hours upon hours transferring my pokemon from R/S/E and FR/LG to Pokemon Pearl, so thats where the lions share of my pokemon I've caught since the GBA days reside. I feel like I've wasted $5 for this yearly service. Any chance I'll be able to transfer my D/P, HG/SS over to the 3DS one day, because I do NOT want to spend hours upon hours getting them from Pearl -> Black -> X/Bank
You've gotta do it the hard way
PokeBank is for XY and future games

Not sure why you didn't research it first before purchasing a subscription

Muku

To be honest, the time spent bringing up your Pokemon is worth it. Believe me, I spent forever before XY came out transferring stuff up to Black. Then by time it came out I realized I still had a bunch more to transfer up. Is it a hassle? Sure. But now I never have to go through it again and I have all my Pokemon in bank now. Just transfer a batch a day up or something. Over time you'll have them up and you can store them.

Shiny bad luck continues for me. Got a Shiny Ralts. 3 perfect IVs and then 0 in special defence. Even I had saved before getting the egg no manipulating parents would be able to sort out the special defence as it is the random stat from neither parent.

In related topics. I think as far as hordes/battles go that Trevenant hordes are pretty good EXP for when Audino isn't showing up in the Chateau (it is better than level 35 Audino actually, if it wasn't for getting Shroomish hordes half of the time). I need to check but I think they are better than Floatzel in Victory Road (no Geodud timewasting) and Spinda in terms of EXP (which are usually stated as the hordes to fight).

But what at PGL?

And it's actually more like 7500 PokeMiles.
The games have good items but the slowness of them and the low chances of getting those items makes it hard to recommend.

So general shop items of Rare Candy, PP Up, Heart Scale (latter 2 are easy to get in-game via lottery* and Luvdisc, respectively). Them again I am talking from the perspective of over 200,000 Pokemiles (I do a lot of wonder trading).
*-Do enough wonder trading and you'll have enough ID# to usually

Pixilate Double Edge sounds like such a nice thing to have on Mega Altaria... On the other hand going back all the way to gen 3 to breed one and tutor it the move does not sound like a lot of fun... Maybe I should wait and see, for all we know there might be a Double Edge tutor in ORAS.

Man, playing White and the Generation V Pokémon are so laaaaame. And I can't even get a Gigalith anymore because you need to trade to evolve it.

joelseph

I asked this a few pages back and got a quick response that was helpful. I am still confused though on how I should go about getting a Conkeldurr with Knockoff/Ice Punch in X/Y.

I have to bring it up from last gen through Pokebank because Knockoff/Ice Punch aren't egg moves. Therefore it has to be bred in last gen? How hard is it to get a 5IV pokemon? Could someone point me in the direction of easiest way? RNG? App? Old fashioned way?

I asked this a few pages back and got a quick response that was helpful. I am still confused though on how I should go about getting a Conkeldurr with Knockoff/Ice Punch in X/Y.

I have to bring it up from last gen through Pokebank because Knockoff/Ice Punch aren't egg moves. Therefore it has to be bred in last gen? How hard is it to get a 5IV pokemon? Could someone point me in the direction of easiest way? RNG? App? Old fashioned way?

The easiest way would be using a Pokemon Generator. Search for some of those and you'll find them. I'm not gonna say the name because it is viewed quite bad by the community.

I guess you could RNG for a perfect mon, but I've never did that. Here is a guide for it. Some people don't like it too, though.

Legally you could try breeding using a Power Item to pass an IV to an egg, but only 1 at a time. It would need a lot of luck, though, to get all 5 maxed.

joelseph

The easiest way would be using a Pokemon Generator. Search for some of those and you'll find them. I'm not gonna say the name because it is viewed quite bad by the community.

Are generated mons legal on battlespot? I'm assuming they are because of the sheer amount of perfect shineys I battle online.

Are generated mons legal on battlespot? I'm assuming they are because of the sheer amount of perfect shineys I battle online.

You can make them legal, yes. IIRC if you don't you will not even be able to bring them over through the PokeBank. But it is quite easy to get a perfect shiny nowadays (except if you're talking about old Legendaries, or Pokemon that cannot be bred).

You've gotta do it the hard way
PokeBank is for XY and future games

Not sure why you didn't research it first before purchasing a subscription

But why can't Gamefreak/Nintendo allow for transfers from as far back as D/P into the bank? Is it impossible due to the game's code? I'm willing to hold out hope that one day that transferring straight from Pokemon D/P/HG/SS to the bank will be possible.

Top Bottom