• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

Muku

What is everyone going for on the Diancie since Mega was announced? I've got two out of three down. One Bold (leave as Diancie), another Adamant (Mega), and not sure what to go with third. Thoughts?

Wanace

My Triples streak ended at 70ish, I got fucked over by the Resttalk OHKO Walrein. Just threw my current 6v6 team (Galvantula, Talonflame, Empoleon, Metagross, Gardevoir, Garchomp) and it turned out to work pretty well.

Contemplating trying for 50 in Doubles but Doubles is my weakest battle type, might just take my adjusted team (I have a Slowbro I want to break in so I switched it and Breloom in instead of Metagross and Empoleon). Not sure how that's going to turn out yet. Didn't want to use Breloom but I have a pretty weaksauce pool of Pokemon to draw from.

I got 128 in a row in Doubles using Kangaskhan, Dragonite, Talonflame and Hydreigon.

I rarely lost more than 1 Pokemon up to battle #100. It's so easy to cheese it with Kanga and Fake Out, and Multiscale Dragonite with Weakness Policy sweeps half the time.

Once I started seeing teams with Cobalion, Virizion, and Terrakion is when I started having trouble.

Not news by any means, but... Dang, that Talonflame is pretty broken sometimes.

And I feel bad because I was the one using it D:

I assume the Pikachu all named Captain, but listed in different areas, share the same WC. Would this be correct to say?

I would assume so too, since they all share the same nickname (and everything else).

What is everyone going for on the Diancie since Mega was announced? I've got two out of three down. One Bold (leave as Diancie), another Adamant (Mega), and not sure what to go with third. Thoughts?
I wanted a Naive to take advantage of Diamond Storm, Moonblast and Mega Diancie's purported speed boost. At the moment, I have a Hasty with low Attack IV that I got from a trade, so I'm kind of halfway there : P

Muku

I would assume so too, since they all share the same nickname (and everything else).

I wanted a Naive to take advantage of Diamond Storm, Moonblast and Mega Diancie's purported speed boost. At the moment, I have a Hasty with low Attack IV that I got from a trade, so I'm kind of halfway there : P

That's what I assumed. Though if I go by another spot with Captain after getting one I'll try it just to see.

I was thinking one with + Speed but not sure which Naive or Hasty. Plus, does it really get much of a Speed boost as Mega?

I was thinking one with + Speed but not sure which Naive or Hasty. Plus, does it really get much of a Speed boost as Mega?

I was thinking of Naive because of all the scary physical attackers. Plus Diamond Storm can boost Defence.

As for the Speed boost, we'll probably have to wait till ORAS to find out. This is what the blurb on the official site says though:

Also when Diancie Mega Evolves, its Speed increases greatly. Mega Diancie's Defense and Sp. Def both go down, but its Attack and Sp. Atk gain big boosts, making its Mega Evolution perfect for getting off fast attacks.

Joqu

I'm guessing the answer is no but does anyone happen to have a spare Master Ball they don't need? I'm soft resetting for a decent Zapdos but it's been excruciatingly slow. :l

I don't have much to give in return to be honest. I have some decent 4IV Sableye and Gastly lying around?

I'm guessing the answer is no but does anyone happen to have a spare Master Ball they don't need? I'm soft resetting for a decent Zapdos but it's been excruciatingly slow. :l

I don't have much to give in return to be honest. I have some decent 4IV Sableye and Gastly lying around?

I can give you one, don't even need anything in return.

ebevan91

This is probably a long shot here, but, Jirachi is the only Pokemon I do not have (excluding 6th gen events). Does anyone have a spare?

I have a SUM2013 Shiny Dialga up for offer. That's the best I can do at the moment, unless I can trade it for something else, then for a Jirachi.

This is probably a long shot here, but, Jirachi is the only Pokemon I do not have (excluding 6th gen events). Does anyone have a spare?

I have a SUM2013 Shiny Dialga up for offer. That's the best I can do at the moment, unless I can trade it for something else, then for a Jirachi.

If you hang around long enough, we have a dedicated Jirachi farmer in this thread : P

Renta

Banned
Still trying to hatch a shiny. Been a couple days, but because I've been at it for so long, I don't want to just leave empty handed.

In other news, I really want a Stadium sim on WiiU. Yeah yeah, I know pokemon is 3D now and everything, but I think it can still offer a better battle experience. The main idea I have in mind here is that I want to dip into the triple and rotation battle game without suffering from doodoo framerate. It's the one thing that keeps me trying them now :(

turbocat

Still trying to hatch a shiny. Been a couple days, but because I've been at it for so long, I don't want to just leave empty handed.

In other news, I really want a Stadium sim on WiiU. Yeah yeah, I know pokemon is 3D now and everything, but I think it can still offer a better battle experience. The main idea I have in mind here is that I want to dip into the triple and rotation battle game without suffering from doodoo framerate. It's the one thing that keeps me trying them now :(

I'd even take Battle Revolution on the Wii U. Anything!

If you're on your shiny hatching hunt, and you have the will to go on, don't give up. I gave up on my hunt for Squirtle after...700-100 eggs (not sure how many), and I still regret it.

JoeM86

Hell, I want a Wii U game too. I bought this Japanese Wii U on the belief I'd have games to cover. So far, I've covered Rumble U :p

A Battle Sim would be very nice indeed

Muku

Just keep at it! Couple days isn't long. I've spent up to a month and some change on some Pokemon. :/ Handful have been a real pain. Worst one is Porygon which I've gone on two long streaks to get, but put it off to get something else. One day I'll get back to it. Some are just disheartening, but it makes it all worth it when one pops out.

I'd kill for another Pokemon Stadium. I really enjoyed them for a different feel versus the storyline games.

celebi23

So, I've got another favor to ask. I'm trying to find a way to get Squirtle (with the mega stone) from my Pokémon Y game to my Pokémon X game. Would anyone be willing to help me trade from me to you and then back to me in my Pokémon X game? I'd transfer whatever Pokémon you'd trade from Y -> Pokémon Bank -> X and then trade that back to you for my Squirtle. Shoot me a PM if you can give me a hand. Thanks!

You mean the Ability Capsule? If so, that only allows you to swap from a non HA to a non HA if Pokemon has more than one non HA. Can't transfer from a non HA to a HA with it. :(

I just learned that the hard way this morning. 200 battle points down the drain. I used it on my shiny Audino instead.

ST2K

I suddenly find myself lusting over a shiny Yanma... The last time I got in one of these moods, it took 1600+ eggs to get out of it.

help

I suddenly find myself lusting over a shiny Yanma... The last time I got in one of these moods, it took 1600+ eggs to get out of it.

help

Hmm.. what can I say.

do-it.gif

ST2K

Sorry, I can't help you on this. If I bred myself a shiny I'm keeping it lol.

Wouldn't expect it since I have nothing to trade of value anyway. (Unless you count a shiny Pansage that I'm trying to offload because Pansage sucks.)

Help is not going to come for this. I'm just going to bunker down and try to resist.

Wouldn't expect it since I have nothing to trade of value anyway. (Unless you count a shiny Pansage that I'm trying to offload because Pansage sucks.)

I got a shiny Panpour via Wonder Trade. I EV trained him, even though he will never probably be used.

Help is not going to come for this. I'm just going to bunker down and try to resist.
How about trying SV matching? That's how I hatch most of my shinies.

ST2K

Pretty sure SV stuff is over my head anyway. Anything that involves external software is a bit too hardcore for me.

I got a shiny Panpour via Wonder Trade. I EV trained him, even though he will never probably be used.

Encountering one of those in the wild was simultaneously the most surprising and vexing thing I've experienced in a game in a good while.

Screw those monkeys.

Mush

I've basically taken it upon myself to breed the entire Eevee evolution line, starting with Jolteon. Because I am a fussy cunt and a perfectionist I'm aiming for the perfect specimen; HP Ice, with 0 IVs in ATK so I don't have to worry about Fowl Play (not that it matters anyway, since it's so fragile and doesn't use Physical moves). I should also mention I've never bred for Hidden Powers until now.

Eevee - #133 (Timid)
Male (♂)
HP: 31
Att: 0
Def: 26

SpA: 31
SpD: 31
Speed: 31

Y NOT THIRTY??? :(((

I suppose this would be an opportune time to test out the Time Machine method so I can pass down the last IV? I have a Ditto with 30 DEF and shit everything else, so in theory all I would need to do is give it a Power Band and the Eevee a Destiny Knot? Correct?

lupinko

Sure I can trade one, did you want one with Water Pulse or just vanilla? I have a vanilla lying in my X eshop game.

If you hang around long enough, we have a dedicated Jirachi farmer in this thread : P

My ears are burning.

lupinko

How is this even possible? I thought all legendaries couldn't be breed.

For current events you need to go to the event in person and claim the wonder card and event pokemon, transfer it to another game, and then wipe your farming game and repeat over and over.

For older events it varies: Wishmaker Jirachi and Ageto Celebi came on bonus demo discs and all you need are new saves to receive them in your gba carts. That's just a shortened explanation, it gets a little bit mor complicated for Celebi.

I own carts of ruby x2, sapphire x2, emerald and leafgreen x2. So you can figure that one out.

For my pokemon ranch Mew event is limited 1 per MPR save, so you can farm this by depositing 999 pokemon with two or more carts (doable with one but not for farming) and giving Hayley a leafeon and egg each time. After you get Mew you just withdraw all 999 back to your carts, wipe the MPR save and then do it again. It's annoying since it takes days to unlock but you can forward the wii's clock to get around it.

They can't, but can be farmed during events if you have a couple of 3DS's at your disposal.

Other people also transfer to Pokebank but you lose any held items.

There is also the Wishmaker Jirachi farming. Pretty sure that's what lupinko was doing before.

I do that again as well as Ageto Celebi farming. Trying to perfect Hayley Mew farming eventually as well. Tho that one is a lot more annoying to do.

For current events you need to go to the event in person and claim the wonder card and event pokemon, transfer it to another game, and then wipe your farming game and repeat over and over.

For older events it varies: Wishmaker Jirachi and Ageto Celebi came on bonus demo discs and all you need are new saves to receive them in your gba carts. That's just a shortened explanation, it gets a little bit mor complicated for Celebi.

I own carts of ruby x2, sapphire x2, emerald and leafgreen x2. So you can figure that one out.

For my pokemon ranch Mew event is limited 1 per MPR save, so you can farm this by depositing 999 pokemon with two or more carts (doable with one but not for farming) and giving Hayley a leafeon and egg each time. After you get Mew you just withdraw all 999 back to your carts, wipe the MPR save and then do it again. It's annoying since it takes days to unlock but you can forward the wii's clock to get around it.

Other people also transfer to Pokebank but you lose any held items.

I do that again as well as Ageto Celebi farming. Trying to perfect Hayley Mew farming eventually as well. Tho that one is a lot more annoying to do.

Ah, so there is still hope that I might be able to get some of those rare legnedaries. I'll complete my living pokedex one of these days!

lupinko

Ah, so there is still hope that I might be able to get some of those rare legnedaries. I'll complete my living pokedex one of these days!

You can also farm the legendaries from Dream Radar (I do this also), so you don't need any gen 3 or gen 4 game to get access to Sinnoh dragons or Johto guardians, you also get the Unova genies too, all with hidden ability.

JoeM86

Diamond Storm
6D5js7F.png

Region: Japan
Registration Period: September 4th 2014 - September 12th 2014
Battle Period: September 12th 2014 - September 15th 2014
Battle Type: Single Battle
Pokémon Restrictions: Kalos Pokédex - Diancie required
Banned Pokémon: Xerneas, Yveltal, Zygarde, Mewtwo
Entry Prize: 1000 PokéMiles

This Battle Competition requires you to use the Pokémon, Diancie, obtained from the movie, Diancie & The Cocoon of Destruction. It is a Single Battle Competition using the Kalos Pokédex and lowers your Pokémon to Level 50. You cannot use Pokémon that have been transferred from previous games.

Mush

I need someone to clarify a few things regarding the Time Machine method.

I'm breeding a Timid 6IV Ditto with a Modest Eevee with the following stats:

Eevee - #133 (Modest)
Male (♂)
HP: 22
Def: 30

The Eevee is equipped with a Destiny Knot and the Ditto is holding an Everstone.

My aim is to pass the perfect IV in HP down so I will end up with HP Ice.

If I'm doing the whole noting down which 'mon passed down which IV thing, if both parents share the same IVs, how am I supposed to know who passed down what?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I need someone to clarify a few things regarding the Time Machine method.

I'm breeding a Timid 6IV Ditto with a Modest Eevee with the following stats:

Eevee - #133 (Modest)
Male (♂)
HP: 22
Def: 30

The Eevee is equipped with a Destiny Knot and the Ditto is holding an Everstone.

My aim is to pass the perfect IV in HP down so I will end up with HP Ice.

If I'm doing the whole noting down which 'mon passed down which IV thing, if both parents share the same IVs, how am I supposed to know who passed down what?

If all you're looking to do here is pass down a perfect HP IV then why not do the Knot on Eevee and the corresponding EV trainer item on Ditto. After you've got an Eevee with it, just throw the knot on him and the everstone on ditto and breed for nature. It's a lot easier to get IVs before nature in my experience.

Or can we not do that anymore?

Top Bottom