• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

Wichu

I need someone to clarify a few things regarding the Time Machine method.

I'm breeding a Timid 6IV Ditto with a Modest Eevee with the following stats:

Eevee - #133 (Modest)
Male (♂)
HP: 22
Att: 0
Def: 30
SpA: 31
SpD: 31
Speed: 31

The Eevee is equipped with a Destiny Knot and the Ditto is holding an Everstone.

My aim is to pass the perfect IV in HP down so I will end up with HP Ice.

If I'm doing the whole noting down which 'mon passed down which IV thing, if both parents share the same IVs, how am I supposed to know who passed down what?

I have a 0/0/0/0/0/0 Magikarp just for this method - the IV checker tells you the 0s as well as the 31s, so it's pretty easy to see which stats got passed from which parent. Then I just swap out Magikarp and Ditto for whatever parents I actually want.

I need someone to clarify a few things regarding the Time Machine method.

I'm breeding a Timid 6IV Ditto with a Modest Eevee with the following stats:

Eevee - #133 (Modest)
Male (♂)
HP: 22
Att: 0
Def: 30
SpA: 31
SpD: 31
Speed: 31

The Eevee is equipped with a Destiny Knot and the Ditto is holding an Everstone.

My aim is to pass the perfect IV in HP down so I will end up with HP Ice.

If I'm doing the whole noting down which 'mon passed down which IV thing, if both parents share the same IVs, how am I supposed to know who passed down what?

You can't know. This is why you calibrate with two pokemon with random iv's and switch the eggs afterwards.

EDIT: Ninja'd, and I always forget about the trick with the zero IV Magikarp.

Muku

Man, after reading about the heart tailed Pikachu... I think I gotta psych myself up for this weekend. Gotta get mentally ready. x_x

You can also farm the legendaries from Dream Radar (I do this also), so you don't need any gen 3 or gen 4 game to get access to Sinnoh dragons or Johto guardians, you also get the Unova genies too, all with hidden ability.

I have the dream radar. Does it download to Pokemon X? Ive traded in my Black 2 copy after I beat both it and the dream radar, but I still have a copy of heart gold to farm Ho Hos. I deleted it off my system. All I would need to do is delete the save data right?

Deadman

Now that I have 4 good pokemon I have started battling online, its been a lot of fun.

In double battles I have charizard x, absol, vaporeon and snorlax. Several matches have been won because of vaporeon being a boss, which is nice since its my favourite pokemon.

The best was vaporeon vs jolteon and salamence. Wish ftw.

JulianImp

So... I'm actually considering swapping out Houndoom for a mainstay of my gym team, Volcarona. I can easily swap out Firey Dance for Heat Wave while keeping Bug Buzz and Quiver Dance, but I'm still unsure about what the fourth move would be (I'm using Roost on it for singles)... would it be worth it?

fek

So... I'm actually considering swapping out Houndoom for a mainstay of my gym team, Volcarona. I can easily swap out Firey Dance for Heat Wave while keeping Bug Buzz and Quiver Dance, but I'm still unsure about what the fourth move would be (I'm using Roost on it for singles)... would it be worth it?
I like Volcarona, but you will need to have ways of dealing with rock slide and Talonflame since these are pretty common in doubles

JulianImp

I like Volcarona, but you will need to have ways of dealing with rock slide and Talonflame since these are pretty common in doubles

That's true, but I guess I'm still weak to rock slide without Volcarona (nothing resists it, and Jumpluff, Crobat and Ninetales are weak to it). The only pokémon of mine with Wide Guard is Crustle, which would probably overlap Mamoswine a bit too much while giving my team more weakneses... Actually, would Wide Guard Aerodactyl be any good?

With Volcarona in there, I guess I could drop Ninetales and its redundant attacks for another pokémon, perhaps running Sunny Day as well. Still, I don't know what I'd use in its place since I'm not too knowledgeable on doubles team building.

I guess I could go with Mega Scizor or Aerodactyl if I'm dropping Houndoom as my mega, but that depends on whether I should do that or just give them good items to hold instead.

fek

That's true, but I guess I'm still weak to rock slide without Volcarona (nothing resists it, and Jumpluff, Crobat and Ninetales are weak to it). The only pokémon of mine with Wide Guard is Crustle, which would probably overlap Mamoswine a bit too much while giving my team more weakneses... Actually, would Wide Guard Aerodactyl be any good?

With Volcarona in there, I guess I could drop Ninetales and its redundant attacks for another pokémon, perhaps running Sunny Day as well. Still, I don't know what I'd use in its place since I'm not too knowledgeable on doubles team building.

I guess I could go with Mega Scizor or Aerodactyl if I'm dropping Houndoom as my mega, but that depends on whether I should do that or just give them good items to hold instead.
Yes, Aerodactyl is actually pretty good for support with stuff like Sky Drop, Tailwind, Taunt, Wide Guard, a fast Rock Slide can also help with flinches, and Unnerve since sitrus berry is also pretty common

Hey PokeGAF. Been a while.

Was wondering which was the better ability on Noivern? I have a perfect Noibat of each Infiltrator and Frisk, so I'm just tossing it up right now.

Infiltrator is generally pretty cool, but Frisk I feel would be more useful. You can scout out Sash/Scarf on Garchomp and play around it accordingly. Or avoid activating Aegislash or Dragonite's Weakness Policy. So I dunno.

JulianImp

Yes, Aerodactyl is actually pretty good for support with stuff like Sky Drop, Tailwind, Taunt, Wide Guard, a fast Rock Slide can also help with flinches, and Unnerve since sitrus berry is also pretty common

On that note, does anyone have a female HA Aerodactyl available for trade? From what I know, it can't be found with anything but a pokéball (since it's a fossil)... or can they be found in dream balls as well?

On that note, does anyone have a female HA Aerodactyl available for trade? From what I know, it can't be found with anything but a pokéball (since it's a fossil)... or can they be found in dream balls as well?
I can breed you one.
They can be found in most PokeBalls because they were in the Windswept Sky of Pokemon Dream World.

JulianImp

I can breed you one.
They can be found in most PokeBalls because they were in the Windswept Sky of Pokemon Dream World.

That'd be great! HA fossils are a real pain to breed due to their 1/8 female-to-male ratio, though... I guess I'll be experiencing it firsthand once I have to breed for egg moves! On that note, I'd appreciate if it was Adamant so I wouldn't have to breed for a nature on top of egg moves and IVs.

Regarding pokéball types, I guess anything that isn't a regular pokéball would be good, but I won't be complaining if that's all you can get.

That'd be great! HA fossils are a real pain to breed due to their 1/8 female-to-male ratio, though... I guess I'll be experiencing it firsthand once I have to breed for egg moves! On that note, I'd appreciate if it was Adamant so I wouldn't have to breed for a nature on top of egg moves and IVs.

Regarding pokéball types, I guess anything that isn't a regular pokéball would be good, but I won't be complaining if that's all you can get.
I got a Female in the 1st batch and sorry I only had PokeBall Aerodactyl.

JulianImp

I got a Female in the 1st batch and sorry I only had PokeBall Aerodactyl.

No problem! Are you available to trade now? (my friend code's in my profile if you want it)

Also, what would you like for it? I could probably get you one of my gym team's breeding rejects (basically, lots of bugs with some HAs and egg moves thrown in).

No problem! Are you available to trade now? (my friend code's in my profile if you want it)

Also, what would you like for it? I could probably get you one of my gym team's breeding rejects (basically, lots of bugs with some HAs and egg moves thrown in).
Yeah I can trade right now and sure I'll take one of your Bug rejects. :D
Added. My IGN is Andy.

lupinko

I'll trade the Dialga. I have a better (not shiny) one from my Platinum version anyways.

FC is 1779-0800-2195

Sure that works, mine is in my profile, ign Black Mamba.

I have the dream radar. Does it download to Pokemon X? Ive traded in my Black 2 copy after I beat both it and the dream radar, but I still have a copy of heart gold to farm Ho Hos. I deleted it off my system. All I would need to do is delete the save data right?

You need B2/W2 to use Dream Radar.

If you have HG you can get Hooh in addition to the genies. You need DPPtHGSS carts to get the other legendaries via dream radar.

Yes you can just reload the game saves just have the back up on your pc.

Sure that works, mine is in my profile, ign Black Mamba.

You need B2/W2 to use Dream Radar.

If you have HG you can get Hooh in addition to the genies. You need DPPtHGSS carts to get the other legendaries via dream radar.

Yes you can just reload the game saves just have the back up on your pc.

I traded mine in already. Darn. I am not rebuying them. Any chance it'll work with White or Black? I might go back and get one of those.

Muku

Doubtful, but anyone live close enough to Yokohama and been to the Outbreakchu event yet? Or going this weekend? As far as I know, I'm only one close enough, but figure I'd ask. More curious about crowds and how long it took. Though reading some saying it took hours to get it all, but think they have a bazillion games to get it on. Only have 3. Which will be fine when it comes to the heart-tailed Pikachu. After reading more about it, prepping myself for this thing. More restrictive than originally thought. But hope to get them. Any who, was curious about any stories anyone might have from there. But I have the feeling I'm alone on this one.

Though thinking tomorrow, despite it being hot, I'm going to wear my Pikachu hat. No better event than this to wear it at.

Hey PokeGAF. Been a while.

Was wondering which was the better ability on Noivern? I have a perfect Noibat of each Infiltrator and Frisk, so I'm just tossing it up right now.

Infiltrator is generally pretty cool, but Frisk I feel would be more useful. You can scout out Sash/Scarf on Garchomp and play around it accordingly. Or avoid activating Aegislash or Dragonite's Weakness Policy. So I dunno.
Telepathy is available...got to avoid those eart...wait a second it is flying type. Edit: It is used just over 10% of the time in doubles and triples battle spot, guess you can also avoid surf and explosion damage.

IIRC Boomburst being a sound move hits through subs anyway (if you want to use a moveplot of Noivern on that) but of course won't work against ghosts or soundproof and takes up a move slot that infiltrator gives to all your moves.

It is hard as you can argue for it both ways. Frisk is great for scouting for information but infiltrator stops subs and screens from being a pest. I guess it comes down to what does your team need more. Kind of similar thoughts to the move composition

JulianImp

Pro tip: use Jolly. Messing with Greninjas that think they can Mat Block you is fun ;)

Would trolling Greninjas be worth the attack reduction? I was thinking of running Rock Slide, Sky Drop, Taunt/Protect and Wide Guard, and even with a neutral nature it would end up outspeeding base 110 speed mons with a speed-favoring nature (My Jumpluff will cap at 178, versus Aero's 182, while it could reach a max speed of 200 with a +spd nature to outspeed +spd Greninjas, which sit at 191).

I'm really happy with adding Aerodactyl to my team, since it's yet another pokemon I like. However, I've got to be careful about ice-types and off-type ice attacks, since they deal massive damage to Crobat, Aero and Jumpluff, and neutral damage to Scizor and Mamoswine; only Volcarona would actually resist ice, but it'd get owned by water types running ice beam unless the sun is out and I've managed to get a quiver dance or two in.

lupinko

Oh right I'm bringing up from gen 3 18 Wishmaker Jirachi and 12 Ageto Celebi. Some of them will have moves exclusive to gen 3/4 others vanilla.

MicH

I ran an assist Wide Guard+Tailwind Aerodactyl when I was running the Flying gym and it was quite awesome. I still have a few female Unnerve ones left (in luxury ball) if anyone is interested. They're Jolly as well. My pride and joy was my Wide Guard Tailwind Mantine though :p So bulky, so good

Doubtful, but anyone live close enough to Yokohama and been to the Outbreakchu event yet? Or going this weekend? As far as I know, I'm only one close enough, but figure I'd ask. More curious about crowds and how long it took. Though reading some saying it took hours to get it all, but think they have a bazillion games to get it on. Only have 3. Which will be fine when it comes to the heart-tailed Pikachu. After reading more about it, prepping myself for this thing. More restrictive than originally thought. But hope to get them. Any who, was curious about any stories anyone might have from there. But I have the feeling I'm alone on this one.

Though thinking tomorrow, despite it being hot, I'm going to wear my Pikachu hat. No better event than this to wear it at.

Hmm... at this rate, we may need the Rocky theme playing in the background XD

Sadly, I can't help much since I'm in the UK, but I found this video of the parade. Not sure if you want to spoil the parade though, haha.

From what I can see, it looks busy, but not overcrowded.

Muku

Hmm... at this rate, we may need the Rocky theme playing in the background XD

Sadly, I can't help much since I'm in the UK, but I found this video of the parade. Not sure if you want to spoil the parade though, haha.

From what I can see, it looks busy, but not overcrowded.

I saw a picture, but didn't watch video as I want to be a little surprised. Not expecting much though, LOL. Prepping to get there for the first one of day and move on from there. After that think it'll be smooth sailing.

I imagine this weekend will be busy. It's the end of the event, and the Pacifico one will be out. So folks will be out to get that one if they have rest, and those -- like me -- who waited to get all at once, will be out. I imagine it'll be busy. Outside of the points of interest for the event Pikachu, going to stop by Minato Mirai station. Want dat Pikachu card. Though, think there's what 6 variations? Husband will be with me tomorrow so going to have him grab one too. XD

Have a little leftover birthday money, will probably get something at Pokemon Center to celebrate with. :)

lupinko

What I've brought up so far:

Wishmaker Jirachi
+ Water Pulse
Quirky x2
Rash
Naive
Relaxed
Lonely

+ berry / vanilla
Impish x2 Salac
Quirky Ganlon
Relaxed Ganlon

Vanilla only
Rash
Impish

Still growing more berries. :p

Ageto Celebi
+ Water pulse / Giga drain
Gentle x3
Naughty x2
Naive
Rash
Mild
Bashful
Quiet
Brave
Docile

Vanilla
Bashful
Careful x2
Impish
Quiet
Naive

There's more but that's up now.

Before I sleep, here's the remaining 12 Wishmaker in my Pearl card.

+ Water pulse
Gentle x2
Lax
Rash
Serious
Quirky

Vanilla
Impish x2
Gentle
Quirky x2
Docile

JoeM86

Wish I had planned ahead and gone to Worlds this year, but this close to CoroCoro and Gamescom and I couldn't risk it :(

Granted, news came from both, but still...wish I was there.

lupinko

Wishmaker Jirachi
+ Water Pulse
Quirky x3
Gentle x2
Rash x2
Naive
Relaxed
Lonely
Lax
Serious

+ berry / vanilla
Impish x2 Salac
Quirky x3 Ganlon
Gentle Ganlon

Vanilla only
Docile
Relaxed
Rash
Impish x3

Still growing more berries. :p

Ageto Celebi
+ Water pulse / Giga drain
Gentle x3
Naughty x2
Naive
Rash
Mild
Bashful
Quiet
Brave
Docile

Vanilla
Bashful
Careful x2
Impish
Quiet
Naive

Who wanted these again? I took so many requests that it got confusing. Lol

Muku

LOL lupinko. Done that before. And that is a BOATLOAD of Jirachi and Celebi.

Man this Pikachu thin is all spread out in Landmark tower. Had to go to 5th floor for Pokeball Vivillon.

lupinko

LOL lupinko. Done that before. And that is a BOATLOAD of Jirachi and Celebi.

Man this Pikachu thin is all spread out in Landmark tower. Had to go to 5th floor for Pokeball Vivillon.

That doesn't even include all the Pokeball Vivillon or Shiny Jirachi I've farmed haha.

I'm going to go farm Shiny Jirachi this weekend, so today after lunch.

Muku

That doesn't even include all the Pokeball Vivillon or Shiny Jirachi I've farmed haha.

I'm going to go farm Shiny Jirachi this weekend, so today after lunch.

Oh damn, you were farming Pokeball Vivillon too? Haha you are insane! How many of them and Shiny Jirachi you have now? :O

lupinko

Oh damn, you were farming Pokeball Vivillon too? Haha you are insane! How many of them and Shiny Jirachi you have now? :O

I actually took a break because my XY 3ds needs to be fixed, so I'll call Nintendo later this week. I ended up buying a used 3ds for ~8000¥.

Oh well it sets me me up to play these games better then. Lol

21 Shiny Jirachi are up for trades, not including my personal ones or ones set aside for friends.

For Pokeball Viv, it's a combination of the Online Summer event and the in store Pokemon Center ones.

I'll be farming Pinsir too I guess. D:

Muku

Whew, just got the last Pikachu at Pacifico. Felt like cult of the Pukachu in there LOL. All 6 Pikachu gotten on all 3 games. I'm tired.

Muku

What hold item did it have? Assuming this is the one that's only available today

Focus Band on Pacifico Pikachu. Yeah ts only available this weekend.

Sorry on delay. Found out Transformers Expo was in hall next door to the Pikachu event. :D. Don't feel so bad, husband got to nerd out there after my day of Pokemon nerding out. Price we paid to get into it was worth it though.

Edit: damn, I see I missed one of my phones misspelling Pikachu. D:

JoeM86

Focus Band on Pacifico Pikachu. Yeah ts only available this weekend.

Sorry on delay. Found out Transformers Expo was in hall next door to the Pikachu event. :D. Don't feel so bad, husband got to nerd out there after my day of Pokemon nerding out. Price we paid to get into it was worth it though.

Edit: damn, I see I missed one of my phones misspelling Pikachu. D:

Top Bottom