• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

OMG really? I'll probably be on all day tomorrow unless I decide to try and go see The Giver, so I'll look for you on here.
Sounds good; I'll try and post a few hours before I have to leave for the night.

I received the Keldeo in a trade a long time back and I found out it was a clone very recently. Which isn't really a bad thing for most people, but I'm not particularly fond of them : P

(I wasn't scammed, as the trader didn't really know where it came from, so I took the risk.)

Can someone catch me a female Eevee in a Premier Ball with its hidden ability, Anticipation? I have the following IV bred pokemon in return:

Did somebody say Eevee? I can do that for ya if you still need it (and assuming I didn't stupidly erase my Eevee safari buddy).

But you'll have to come here a bit earlier because I was fast asleep when you posted that request : P

Just out of curiosity, does anyone here collect the Pokemon TCG stuff?

Not anymore, but I used to a long, long time ago. I think I stopped around the Ruby and Sapphire sets (which was almost the time I stopped playing the games).

I did pick up a promotional Pikachu card this spring though and I was very tempted to take the Sylveon Collection home... Mmm...

Muku

Not anymore, but I used to a long, long time ago. I think I stopped around the Ruby and Sapphire sets (which was almost the time I stopped playing the games).

I did pick up a promotional Pikachu card this spring though and I was very tempted to take the Sylveon Collection home... Mmm...

Ahh. Yeah, last English set I stopped at was the e-reader stuff. (Forever ago, LOL.) I started back again last year or year before with Japanese sets. Mainly because I love they have 1st ED now and the US got rid of that. :( More out of a curiosity thing though. Was just wondering if I'd be able to trade stuff with anyone on here. Got extra Pikachu cards at the event (they comes with a tretta piece too, though don't think that is usable outside of Japan). But don't think many would be interested if anyone at all.

Edit: Now I think about it, didn't really know anyone in person big into it like I was either back then. Though I probably should go on a hunt to find a place to trade some stuff, including some SRs I have extras of from past sets as well as some promos.

Ahh. Yeah, last English set I stopped at was the e-reader stuff. (Forever ago, LOL.) I started back again last year or year before with Japanese sets. Mainly because I love they have 1st ED now and the US got rid of that. :( More out of a curiosity thing though. Was just wondering if I'd be able to trade stuff with anyone on here. Got extra Pikachu cards at the event (they comes with a tretta piece too, though don't think that is usable outside of Japan). But don't think many would be interested if anyone at all.

Edit: Now I think about it, didn't really know anyone in person big into it like I was either back then. Though I probably should go on a hunt to find a place to trade some stuff, including some SRs I have extras of from past sets as well as some promos.

Haha, I was kind of sad the e-reader never came in Europe. Those e-reader dots always teased me...

I'm sort of interested in the Pikachu cards, but I'm kind of wary of the shipping rates. Also, I have a feeling those cards are pretty rare, so you might want to save them for keen collectors ^^

But if you do have some spares left over to trade, I have one spare promo Pikachu card (this one in English) if you don't have it and/or want it.

Funnily enough, I have it already wrapped up and ready to ship off. It was meant to be a gift for somebody, but I made an improved container and shipped my other spare with it instead XD

Muku

Haha, I was kind of sad the e-reader never came in Europe. Those e-reader dots always teased me...

I'm sort of interested in the Pikachu cards, but I'm kind of wary of the shipping rates. Also, I have a feeling those cards are pretty rare, so you might want to save them for keen collectors ^^

But if you do have some spares left over to trade, I have one spare promo Pikachu card (this one in English) if you don't have it and/or want it.

Funnily enough, I have it already wrapped up and ready to ship off. It was meant to be a gift for somebody, but I made an improved container and shipped my other spare with it instead XD

Well, unfortunately I have only one extra complete set of 3. But the other two cards beyond that I have x1 extra (XY Promo # 69) and x2 extra (XY Promo # 70). Don't have that particular Pikachu, so it's kind of cool. Problem with promos here is they come out in all different ways. So many I don't keep track. x_x And some are through stupid means, which are far too much trouble.

Though, soon I hope to have a few Pokemon things to share with community. Can't go into much detail at moment, and it's not a lot, but it's some extra stuff I have.

Renta

Banned
Oh come on now, seriously? I go 10 years without ever encountering one and I get 2 in the space of an hour?

Admittedly I am using a foreign Ditto but still.

JkONoRYl.jpg

Conrgats! Like wow!

My pokemon bank is halfway full from hatching eggs D:

Just want to publicly post that my request has been fulfilled.

Thank you, Aveyn Knight for helping me out with my Eevee request. :)

Thank you too for the Nidoran : )

I like catching Eevees for some weird reason, but I definitely need a better capturing setup (maybe involving Sleep) since there's the risk of Eevee killing itself with Take Down...

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
Sounds good; I'll try and post a few hours before I have to leave for the night.

I received the Keldeo in a trade a long time back and I found out it was a clone very recently. Which isn't really a bad thing for most people, but I'm not particularly fond of them : P

(I wasn't scammed, as the trader didn't really know where it came from, so I took the risk.)
Cool. Just PMed you.

Thank you too for the Nidoran : )

I like catching Eevees for some weird reason, but I definitely need a better capturing setup (maybe involving Sleep) since there's the risk of Eevee killing itself with Take Down...

You could use heal pulse on them Eevees until they're out of Take Down pp?

KiraFA37

Just out of curiosity, does anyone here collect the Pokemon TCG stuff?

Used to be a bit of a collector back when I was a kid, but never played the TCG except for the gameboy game. Sold all my cards as I got older, only have around 50 left that I fancied, crappy cellphone picture:
ZhdBfaL.jpg

Bottom left and top right are the cards they gave out at the first pokemon movie.

Used to be a bit of a collector back when I was a kid, but never played the TCG except for the gameboy game. Sold all my cards as I got older, only have around 50 left that I fancied, crappy cellphone picture:

Bottom left and top right are the cards they gave out at the first pokemon movie.

Nice! I have Suicune, Skarmory and Dragonite too.

I also have Mewtwo from the first movie and the three legendary birds form the second movie. But no Pikachu : P

Wanace

I broke out my Sableye and deleted Trick and gave it Swagger after watching Arash's annoying Sableye on stream yesterday. Took it on Battle Spot along with my newly trained Goodra and faced some people much higher on the ladder than me. Had one match where it really saved my ass but overall I don't know how successful it'd be in the long run. Still better than Trick since you can't Trick on Pokemon with Mega Stones.

I've heard of people running leer on Sableye if Karn is the team mate as you can use leer to counter intimidate or just do more (leer targets both foes in double, something easily forgotten). But yeah it is very much a case of does your team need to over other options.

I finally got my first 100 streak in Battle Maison. Triples using the team strategy I generally borrowed off Smogon of Talonflame, (mega)Blastoise, Greninja, Rotom-W, Garchomp, Ageislash.

Trick room is the worst thing the AI can do (when they succeeded it was a very close call in the end) and that seems to psychics and hex maniacs only.

In general, here's the method that I use for capturing the pokemon I want:

I use a pokemon with the Cute Charm ability to get the opposite gender.
I switch out to my Aegislash to use False Swipe on pokemon.
For horde battles, I use an audino with the Entrainment move to scout for the abilities I want.

jelmerjt

My team is almost complete. Really looking for a Timid Latias now (5IV, 0IV attack if possible). Can anyone help me out? I don't have much to offer sadly :(

Items:

Ability Capsule
Heracronite
Houndoominite
Aggronite

Pokemon:

Defog Scyther
0IV speed Ferroseed (Leech Seed, Stealth Rock, Spikes)
Nasty Plot Togepi
Quiet Magnemite (Analytic)
Rough Skin Gible (Outrage, Iron Head)

JulianImp

Talking about ability capsules... do they work on a Pokémon that has its HA? I've just realized my Crobat has infiltrator as its ability, so I can't be using it for my doubles team.

JulianImp

Apparently not. They only switch between two normal abilities.

And if your Pokemon has it's hidden ability you can't even switch to one of the normal abilities. It's stupid

So, it's time for me to rebreed one of the few mons I had ready? Sigh... I can't find enough spare time to keep up with this at a decent pace, so this is a pretty big hit.

Also, I've read Victreebel could be a nice sun user since it gets Weather Ball. Still, my team's currently kind of full (Crobat, Scizor, Aerodactyl, Jumpluff, Mamoswine, Volcarona), so I don't know if it'd actually be worth dropping something else for it.

Worlds Aegislash get!

world_slash.png

Did anyone get one from Worlds yet? Mine was from a trade (although it's not mine atm).

Also, apparently Worlds Aegislash can't be traded unless Wide Guard is deleted. Good thing it can be learned with a Heart Scale...

Kade

Picked up the game from the eShop after I lost the cartridge a while ago so I've got to start from scratch. How difficult is it to get Blazikenite now that the event is long over? It's the only Mystery Gift I care about.

anyone know if you can soft reset for the Pinsir/Heracross event in the U.S.?
How do you mean?

Do you mean saving before the delivery girl and resetting for stats/abilities? If so, you can, but they're always Adamant in case you're not aware.

Picked up the game from the eShop after I lost the cartridge a while ago so I've got to start from scratch. How difficult is it to get Blazikenite now that the event is long over? It's the only Mystery Gift I care about.

You'd probably have to ask for somebody to clone one for you.

Or wait till ORAS maybe? (Okay, it is a long wait...) : P

Is that worth going to get? I'm sort of crazy sick at the moment, but there is a Gamestop not too far from me that I could hop on the subway and go to.

You can download the actual Pokemon via Wi-Fi ^^

The stones (which are "exclusive" to Gamestop) you could probably ask for somebody to clone. TBH, I haven't asked for any cloning for a while, so not sure if any active cloners are still around.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
You can download the actual Pokemon via Wi-Fi ^^

The stones (which are "exclusive" to Gamestop) you could probably ask for somebody to clone. TBH, I haven't asked for any cloning for a while, so not sure if any active cloners are still around.
Oof. Yeah, while I'd love the Megastone if someone clones it at some point, I don't care to make a trip just for that. Thank you for saving me! Haha.

How do you mean?

Do you mean saving before the delivery girl and resetting for stats/abilities? If so, you can, but they're always Adamant in case you're not aware.

You'd probably have to ask for somebody to clone one for you.

Or wait till ORAS maybe? (Okay, it is a long wait...) : P

oh ok, not worth my time then. I want jolly

http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/133.shtml

I decided to breed a few egg moves onto the Eevees I'm hatching. Serebii says that I can breed Tickle onto Eevee, so I paired an eevee with an Aipom.

Tickle has not been passed down to the offspring.

Is the site wrong with Eevee unable to learn Tickle?

No, it's right. Tickle's an egg move for Eevee (Bulbapedia also lists such). I'm not sure why Tickle's not being passed down.

lupinko

Wishmaker Jirachi
+ Water Pulse
Quirky x3
Gentle x2
Rash x2
Naive
Relaxed
Lonely
Lax
Serious

+ berry / vanilla
Impish x3 Salac
Quirky x3 Ganlon
Gentle Ganlon

Vanilla only
Docile
Relaxed
Rash
Impish x2

Ageto Celebi
+ Water pulse / Giga drain
Gentle x3
Naughty x2
Naive
Rash
Mild
Bashful
Quiet
Brave
Docile

Vanilla
Bashful
Careful x2
Impish
Quiet
Naive

I'm still growing more berries since I want all Wishmaker to hold them when traded.

But yeah those are available for giveaways, well the ones with the Gen 3/4 only TMs.

Unless you want Vanilla that's ok too.

Just offer anything up for trade like anything breedable so a poke with 5ivs or with 4 egg moves or both! Or maybe in a fancy ball for female like love / dream / premier.

Or any shiny rejects from kalos work too.

And I do get ones with beneficial natures but they are sitting in LG and Pearl, and two are being used in W2. :p

Delio

Aw I hate seeing Diancie on GTS asking for an Arceus. All I have is my special ribbon one. Ah well one day I shall grab a Diancie!

Breeding an Aipom♂ and Eevee♀ to pass down Tickle did not work.
Breeding a Minccino♂ and Eevee♀ to pass down Tickle did work.

\\:L

decaf

At the moment I'm breeding 5 IV Timid Ocean Pattern Vivillon with Rage Powder in Dive Balls. I can also provide any berries you are after (inc. Enigma and both Battle berries) as well as several spare Mega Stones (Absolite, Gengarite, Venusaurite, Aerodactylite, Abomasite, Lucarionite).

In return I'm after *any* female Dream World Pokemon /or/ female Pokemon in Dream Balls with their Hidden Ability.

I'll give away just about anything for these ones specifically:

• Mareep
  • Dratini
  • Solosis

I'm more likely to notice a PM than a reply! :)

Delio

I'm still growing more berries since I want all Wishmaker to hold them when traded.

But yeah those are available for giveaways, well the ones with the Gen 3/4 only TMs.

Unless you want Vanilla that's ok too.

Just offer anything up for trade like anything breedable so a poke with 5ivs or with 4 egg moves or both! Or maybe in a fancy ball for female like love / dream / premier.

Or any shiny rejects from kalos work too.

And I do get ones with beneficial natures but they are sitting in LG and Pearl, and two are being used in W2. :p

I can offer up a 4 Iv Wailmer I have for a Jirachi? Any way I can get two of them? I know I have something else in here that has perfect IVs.

lupinko

Since I'm trying to get an Adamant Rayquaza (hopefully Shiny) in Emerald, I just wanted to know what's a good alternative to V-create since that is an event only move. :(

I know of Overheat which was used prior, but I want to go all physical with this one. Should I bother or just go with DD/Earthquake/Xspeed/Outrage?

I can offer up a 4 Iv Wailmer I have for a Jirachi? Any way I can get two of them? I know I have something else in here that has perfect IVs.

You want two Jirachi or did you want a Jirachi and a Celebi?

Yeah we can do that trade, FC is in my profile and ign Black Mamba. I'm at work right now but no rush on the trade, the Jirachis and Celebis aren't going anywhere.

Also which ones from the list did you want?

Delio

Since I'm trying to get an Adamant Rayquaza (hopefully Shiny) in Emerald, I just wanted to know what's a good alternative to V-create since that is an event only move. :(

I know of Overheat which was used prior, but I want to go all physical with this one. Should I bother or just go with DD/Earthquake/Xspeed/Outrage?

You want two Jirachi or did you want a Jirachi and a Celebi?

Yeah we can do that trade, FC is in my profile and ign Black Mamba. I'm at work right now but no rush on the trade, the Jirachis and Celebis aren't going anywhere.

Also which ones from the list did you want?

I'll take a Celebi and a Jirachi actually. When do you think you will be home? I have to sleep early for a flight in the morning. The ones I want are the Impish Salac Berry one and a Gentle Water Pulse/Giga Drain Celebi. My code is 4940-5444-6702

Top Bottom