• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

lupinko

Ok I'm jumping back onto the pokemon train after not playing since January. Sorry if I ask some dumb questions.

Are 6IV dittos easy to obtain these days? I have a friend safari with Dittos that I could farm until I get lucky, but last time I tried that I wasted a few days with nothing to show.

Is this IV judge still the best way to determine IVs?

For the first time I want to actually breed a solid team in my game. I always give up due to tedium but I really want to make it happen.

1. Yes, someone in gaf can clone you one or you can ask from that group on gamefaqs that do special orders.

2. Yes or Veekun's stat calculator.

Reminder. I farm Dream Radar Tornadus, Thundurus, Landorus, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Ho-Oh and Lugia. Also Ageto Celebi and Wishmaker Jirachi.

1. Yes, someone in gaf can clone you one or you can ask from that group on gamefaqs that do special orders.

2. Yes or Veekun's stat calculator.

Reminder. I farm Dream Radar Tornadus, Thundurus, Landorus, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Ho-Oh and Lugia. Also Ageto Celebi and Wishmaker Jirachi.
If someone on GAF could clone me one that would be amazing. I'm all for being legit but I want to keep my sanity.

looking to build a doubles team using a banded Mold Breaker Excadrill

the only other pokemon I can think to put on the team right now is a Togekiss for Follow Me and Tailwind Support. any other suggestions?

also another question, are hazards not a thing in doubles? I never see anyone use them

Muku

Sending a request now. IGN Ulysses. Thanks a ton!

You're welcome. Happy breeding!

Edit: You'd think getting a specific nature, while not worried about IVs, wouldn't be so difficult. But these adorable Pikachu are frustrating LOL. Got 4 of my Pikachu done yesterday after hours of SRing. Working on last two today, but they're just as stubborn.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
looking to build a doubles team using a banded Mold Breaker Excadrill

the only other pokemon I can think to put on the team right now is a Togekiss for Follow Me and Tailwind Support. any other suggestions?

also another question, are hazards not a thing in doubles? I never see anyone use them

Hazards are a waste of a turn in doubles, there isn't a whole lot of switching due to the format.

As for what else to add, look at what your current strategy is weak to and put a counter for that as your second pair. So your first pair is tailwind Togekiss and Mold Breaker Excadrill, your second pair should be prepared to deal with it's counter.

You're welcome. Happy breeding!

Edit: You'd think getting a specific nature, while not worried about IVs, wouldn't be so difficult. But these adorable Pikachu are frustrating LOL. Got 4 of my Pikachu done yesterday after hours of SRing. Working on last two today, but they're just as stubborn.

I tried SR'ing my Zekrom in White yesterday, gave up after getting Quirky five times. At least he doesn't lose anything that way, either.

Also, fuck Ghetsis' Hydreigon. I can't beat that bastard.

Muku

I tried SR'ing my Zekrom in White yesterday, gave up after getting Quirky five times. At least he doesn't lose anything that way, either.

I spent days working on my Diancie's. Took forever. Just weird in that I want my Pikachu a specific nature on this for giggles. And should I decide to use any for fun, then it won't be too bad. Also this past month SR'd two movie Darkrai for someone here. xD

Edit: Fortunately, just got my last Pikachu in my set finished a few minutes ago. Gotta do some Poke swapping between games and all, then it's on to the next batch of 6 Pikachu.

Edit: Boo, they are doing city fireworks tonight. ;_; Not feeling well today, so had to skip. But only learned last minute they were doing it today. Hate the middle of the week thing.

Muku

Adamant. Lax. Sassy. This Pikachu... I swear. And that Sassy part is right.

Edit: Well, that's all she was giving me. Then one I SR'd after complaining to GAF came out right.

Then the next one came out right on first try... *knocks on wood*

lupinko

Adamant. Lax. Sassy. This Pikachu... I swear. And that Sassy part is right.

Edit: Well, that's all she was giving me. Then one I SR'd after complaining to GAF came out right.

These are your own set right?

Anyway I've been running away from Rayquaza for a shiny adamant in emerald since I dunno Sunday night? Ds lite is still plugged in. Lol

Muku

These are your own set right?

Anyway I've been running away from Rayquaza for a shiny adamant in emerald since I dunno Sunday night? Ds lite is still plugged in. Lol

Naw, I finished my set earlier today. Working on Aveyn's at the moment.

Damn dude, that thing is.. LOL it's going to blow up.

Tiamant

Hi guys, it's been a while since I've come around here.

So I went to watch Guardians of the Galaxy and I thought it would be super original to make a pokémon team around that, so far I have this:

-Weavile as Rocket
-Tangrowth as Groot
-Staraptor as Star-Lord
-Conkeldurr as Drax
-Gamora as ???? (Gallade maybe? I don't know)

But the thing is that I'm missing an Iron Fist Conkeldurr and I read that it's only available throught transfer :(

Does anyone around here have a HA Timburr to spare? I can offer Shelmet, Cubone, Tirtouga, Cottone, Sneasel, Zubat and Murkrow with lots of egg moves and HA.

Edit: now that I think about it the 6th member could me Mega-Aerodactyl as the Milano :O

lupinko

Naw, I finished my set earlier today. Working on Aveyn's at the moment.

Damn dude, that thing is.. LOL it's going to blow up.

It's fairly low power, what I meant was it's been on since then, I unplug to play then plug in when I'm not using it. Lol

I should just go back to sr or just turn it off. Haha

Muku

It's fairly low power, what I meant was it's been on since then, I unplug to play then plug in when I'm not using it. Lol

I should just go back to sr or just turn it off. Haha

I meant your game. Going to have an outrageous play time just to get that thing, haha.

lupinko

I meant your game. Going to have an outrageous play time just to get that thing, haha.

Oh well, the clock is dead due to the dried battery, and iirc the dried battery causes the rng to reset to zero each time. And I've seen the spreads on the rng reporter and gah.

Muku

Oh well, the clock is dead due to the dried battery, and iirc the dried battery causes the rng to reset to zero each time. And I've seen the spreads on the rng reporter and gah.

Ahh. :( I'd leave it on 'til I got what I wanted then. I remember battery in mine dying relatively quick. Good thing I didn't care about berries then.

lupinko

Ahh. :( I'd leave it on 'til I got what I wanted then. I remember battery in mine dying relatively quick. Good thing I didn't care about berries then.

Not the ingame clock my bad, anyway it's up to 79 hours now haha.

I think I sped ran this originally up to the point after Juan. I am using all three starters and Jirachi, so go figure.

Muku

Not the ingame clock my bad, anyway it's up to 79 hours now haha.

I think I sped ran this originally up to the point after Juan. I am using all three starters and Jirachi, so go figure.

Oh snap, you mean DS Lite battery? Thankfully mines still kicking. How much time you get out of it then?

79 hours... x_x

lupinko

Oh snap, you mean DS Lite battery? Thankfully mines still kicking. How much time you get out of it then?

79 hours... x_x

Nah I meant the emerald cart battery, you were right the first time.

This ds lite was originally an ebgamestop refurb I bought off a kid on Craigslist, no way am I going to do this with my DP Dialga/Palkia Onyx lite. Lol

The refurb's battery is amazing tho, and it being plugged in when not in use is good since plugged in on a full charge doesn't use the Lithium Ion battery iirc.

Muku

Nah I meant the emerald cart battery, you were right the first time.

This ds lite was originally an ebgamestop refurb I bought off a kid on Craigslist, no way am I going to do this with my DP Dialga/Palkia Onyx lite. Lol

The refurb's battery is amazing tho, and it being plugged in when not in use is good since plugged in on a full charge doesn't use the Lithium Ion battery iirc.

Ahhhhh okay. I had a DS Phat forever. Then some point after I moved here I loved the teal one and got that. You know, back when it was region free. ;_; Wanted a teal one again for my 3DS games. Should say US games. I ended up settling on Black when it came out.

Got lucky when it comes to LL's here and won* the Charizard LL. Love this thing so much, so know what you mean about protecting your DP Dialga/Palkia Lite.

*Won... well, you had to win a lottery, but you still had to pay full price for it. Lawls. And had to go to your nearest PC (one you marked on sheet you sent in originally) to pick it up at.

Dryk

I just had some poor guy challenge me with his in-game team of Charmeleon, Frogadier, Quacklin, Butterfree, Pikachu and Pidgeotto. Galvantula OHKOd every single one.

lupinko

I just had some poor guy challenge me with his in-game team of Charmeleon, Frogadier, Quacklin, Butterfree, Pikachu and Pidgeotto. Galvantula OHKOd every single one.

I had a bunch of those today and they all died to Landorus-T earthquake. Lol

Ahhhhh okay. I had a DS Phat forever. Then some point after I moved here I loved the teal one and got that. You know, back when it was region free. ;_; Wanted a teal one again for my 3DS games. Should say US games. I ended up settling on Black when it came out.

Got lucky when it comes to LL's here and won* the Charizard LL. Love this thing so much, so know what you mean about protecting your DP Dialga/Palkia Lite.

*Won... well, you had to win a lottery, but you still had to pay full price for it. Lawls. And had to go to your nearest PC (one you marked on sheet you sent in originally) to pick it up at.

That reminds me I have to call Nintendo to get my XY Blue LL fixed. Good thing in Japan that is not a limited edition.

Muku

I had a bunch of those today and they all died to Landorus-T earthquake. Lol

That reminds me I have to call Nintendo to get my XY Blue LL fixed. Good thing in Japan that is not a limited edition.

Oh no, what happened to it? :(

Edit: Just finished up Aveyn's batch of Pikachu. Will work on yours tomorrow. :)

Massive thanks to lupinko and Muku for helping me find these rare event Pokemon that nobody's heard of!

pikapika1.png
pikapika2.png

Case in point: Nintendo of Japan thought it would be cool to have a Surfing Pikachu event, with 5 Pikachus with 5 different nicknames (and thus 5 unique events) in different parts of Yokohama.

Then, because obviously the event wasn't crazy enough already, they snuck in a secret 6th Pikachu--a female one with the Heart Stamp move--that's only available for three 10-20 minute periods per day.

lupinko

Oh no, what happened to it? :(

Edit: Just finished up Aveyn's batch of Pikachu. Will work on yours tomorrow. :)

Cliff notes version, battery got dislodged so I had to re-set it in place but that required to remove the back cover, which I used the wrong Phillips head screwdriver stripping the screw. :/

I know Nintendo of America does this repair so I figure and hope Japan does as well. I only bought it in February so I'm still way in warranty. I bought a used cobalt blue 3ds to move everything over, it was on sale for like 7800¥ before tax or something, almost nearly mint aside from one minor small scuff that I could paint over if I wanted to.

I had three really close battles against stupid teams of Diancies, Deoxys-S, genesect, Victini, reshiram, Darkrai, Arcesus and so forth in succession.

I'm surprised my genies and pixies held out for so long and if I didn't make slight miscalculations I would have won too.

Anyone online to help me evolve my feebas into milotic?

Sure, let me get online.

Haha Aveyn, you're Event box kinda looks like mine. :3

Ahaha, did you start playing Pokemon with X/Y or are you just referring to your X/Y event box? : P

Also, did you manage to grab a pair of Spring 2014 Magmar/Electabuzz? I may have some spares left over.

Muku

Ahaha, did you start playing Pokemon with X/Y or are you just referring to your X/Y event box? : P

Also, did you manage to grab a pair of Spring 2014 Magmar/Electabuzz? I may have some spares left over.

Naw, been playing Pokemon since day 1 Pokemon Red. :) Just meant my event box in general. Only past events I have are a few things like Genesect, Deoxys, and Keldeo. But those are in my main Pokedex taking up their respective slot.

Yes, I have the Magmar/Electabuzz. :D

lupinko

np, all the stuff I traded over have egg moves. the skarmory, feebas and snorunt are my own breeds so they're all 5IV

I noticed, thanks.

Anyway speaking of my current giveaways, here is what is available.

Wishmaker Jirachi
+ Water Pulse
Quirky
Gentle
Rash
Naive
Relaxed
Lonely
Lax
Serious

+ berry / vanilla
Impish x4 Salac
Quirky x3 Ganlon
Gentle Ganlon
Relaxed Ganlon
Docile Ganlon
Rash Ganlon

Reserve: Delio - Impish Salac, BlazeBreak - Quirky TM, ST2K TM

Ageto Celebi
+ Water pulse / Giga drain
Gentle x2
Naughty x2
Naive
Mild
Quiet
Brave
Docile

Vanilla
Bashful
Careful x2
Impish
Quiet
Naive

Reserve: Delio - Gentle TM, BlazeBreak - Bashful TM

Out of curiosity, was anyone able to get the Mega Stones from gamestop? I went to my local one expecting no problem but then disaster set in.

Apparently just about every store in a 50 mile radius of my house didn't get their "kits" in on time. After posting about it on a few other sites, it seems like its a national problem and that Gamestops all over the country didn't get their stuff in for the event.

Has anyone checked out a gamestop today to see if they have their things in?

Out of curiosity, was anyone able to get the Mega Stones from gamestop? I went to my local one expecting no problem but then disaster set in.

Apparently just about every store in a 50 mile radius of my house didn't get their "kits" in on time. After posting about it on a few other sites, it seems like its a national problem and that Gamestops all over the country didn't get their stuff in for the event.

Has anyone checked out a gamestop today to see if they have their things in?

I know there's a posting on the global link site mentioning that there has been a delay in code distribution. If thats the scenario that you're talking about.

I know there's a posting on the global link site mentioning that there has been a delay in code distribution. If thats the scenario that you're talking about.

Nope, that's not it.

Gamestop stores were supposed to get "kits" in for the Mega Stones for Pinsir/Heracross (the second half of this event for US) According to the ones I talked to, they were supposed to come in last Wednesday, but there was some delay in the shipping. Some stores may have gotten them in, but they haven't opened their boxes yet. Others I visited/called had virtually no idea what I was talking about.

The whole thing seems to be a massive miscommunication clusterfuck.

Actually Emerald is borked and it always seeds at 0, regardless of battery.

On a different note, my Explosion Lickilicky team just cleared Super Double Battles up to 50!

Top Bottom