• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

lupinko

I'll take a Celebi and a Jirachi actually. When do you think you will be home? I have to sleep early for a flight in the morning. The ones I want are the Impish Salac Berry one and a Gentle Water Pulse/Giga Drain Celebi. My code is 4940-5444-6702

I won't be home until like 1630-1700 JST.

So you can sleep if need be, we can do the trade anytime.

L.O.R.D

hi lupinko
do you still have Ageto Celebi and Wishmaker Jirachi ?
i already have you in the friends
do you want something is return ?

lupinko

Are people ok with Wishmaker and Ageto having extra moves or the next ones brought up should all be vanilla?

Eventually when I can reach that part of the games, I can give beneficial natures move tutor moves prior to bringing those up, but if up for trades those would obviously command a higher trade value or be used as prizes in some lotto or gaf tourney or something.

lupinko

hi lupinko
do you still have Ageto Celebi and Wishmaker Jirachi ?
i already have you in the friends
do you want something is return ?

Sure, which do you want from the list?

Also just anything I can breed so either 5iv with 4 egg moves would be nice. Not looking for any starters unless it's a Snivy or Cyndaquil with 4 egg moves.

Think you can reserve them for a week for me? Im going out of town in the morning so I wont be able to trade.

Sure! :)

Muku

Used to be a bit of a collector back when I was a kid, but never played the TCG except for the gameboy game. Sold all my cards as I got older, only have around 50 left that I fancied, crappy cellphone picture:
ZhdBfaL.jpg

Bottom left and top right are the cards they gave out at the first pokemon movie.

That's awesome. :) I loved the GameBoy version of it. Played it a boatload. Kind of stoked, but wary, of the iPad one coming soon. All of my cards should be still in storage. I collected far too much to sell them off. Including some Japanese sets at the time which were expensive to get packs for. And some things like Tropical Island before they came out I traded with someone via mail. Kind of looking forward to getting back to my collection.

I only got into playing it in real life, because back in day at the Books a Million at the mall a league started up. It was one of those really early leagues because we got the Prelease Clefable. Awww the memories.

Aww, the first movie promos. So awesome. Have those promos, but not seen a couple of those pictures before. The Groudon, Kyogre, or Zangoose. Must have come after I stopped? I remember day 1 Team Rocket set came out I went to mall and bought a whole box of 1st ED. So good.

Edit: Dat Worlds Aegislash. :O

Which reminds me... did Powersaves ever come out with the Shiny Mamoswine they gave out earlier this year at a competition? Bit curious about Powersaves, just for reference when trading with others. If so, anyone know date on it? Also curious if they have, or coming out soon with the Minato Mirai Pikachu and date on those.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
I randomly decided to try and breed a shiny Minccino. I've got two 4 IV Mins with HA Skill Link (1 Hardy, 1 Naughty) as well as two 5 IV Mins (1 Serious, 1 Mild) with Technician.

Anyone want them before I send em off to Wonder Trade?

lupinko

I randomly decided to try and breed a shiny Minccino. I've got two 4 IV Mins with HA Skill Link (1 Hardy, 1 Naughty) as well as two 5 IV Mins (1 Serious, 1 Mild) with Technician.

Anyone want them before I send em off to Wonder Trade?

I'm interested, and did you ever find the bagon or its forms with HA in a premier ball?

I can give you a Wishmaker and or Ageto for your troubles.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
I'm interested, and did you ever find the bagon or its forms with HA in a premier ball?

I can give you a Wishmaker and or Ageto for your troubles.

I didn't. :\ I never had any luck with breeding either. I'll try again though now for an hour or so while I watch TV. And did you want Male or Female again? Female, yes?

Which Minccino did you want? No need to give me anything special. I still haven't found what you really want.

lupinko

I didn't. : I never had any luck with breeding either. I'll try again though now for an hour or so while I watch TV. And did you want Male or Female again? Female, yes?

Which Minccino did you want? No need to give me anything special. I still haven't found what you really want.

Female in a premier ball so I can breed it. Is the Minccino in a premier ball? If not then male is fine so I can rebreed it into one.

Are these shiny or no? Doesn't matter but I think I may have read your post wrong. Lol

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
Are these shiny or no? Doesn't matter but I think I may have read your post wrong. Lol
lol, I think you probably did. I'm breeding to get a shiny, but I have not hatched one yet. I've done all of 15 eggs at this point. (They aren't in a Premier Ball.)

lupinko

lol, I think you probably did. I'm breeding to get a shiny, but I have not hatched one yet. I've done all of 15 eggs at this point. (They aren't in a Premier Ball.)

I'll take it whenever, and the bagon whenever too. :)

Edit:

I'm kinda freaking out now, because I left my Ds lite on while still plugged in because I'm trying to RA a shiny Rayquaza in Emerald. Since the RNG always resets to zero when restarted. :x

It is my Craigslist ebgamestop refurb I bought from a preteen before I left. So it is a sacrificial one I guess.

After today I'm not going to try this again, damn gba generation games for not having a sleep mode.

Muku

Nevermind mostly about the Powersaves stuff. Managed to dig something up about them, but does lead me to new questions...

I see VGC Mamoswine is up on Powersaves. I guess it's the Italian version. But it's list date is apparently 2014-05-30. Which in Italy it was May 31st and June 1st it was given out. Is Powersaves doing this on a US based date (because EU is ahead and their 31st would be 30th still in US) or are they just awful at choosing the correct date? I'm just trying to understand this stuff, because I'm not into it. And I'm trying to find ways to detect Powersaves ones vs actual ones.

I question the above because... the Minato Mirai Pikachu (Red Brick Warehouse, Captain, Cosmo World, and Landmark) are all dated 2014-08-09, which is exactly the start date it was for here. Ran from August 9-17. Which is also fantastic since mine aren't dated that. But also makes me if/when the female Pikachu and the Pacifico one will get put up. Those will be the sad ones to see since they were more timed exclusive (in their own rights). It's kind of confusing when they choose the dates for their WCs. Left me a bit confused and curious.

Edit: Do find it a bit comical that the Cyber Gadget (JPN only right now) device lets you have a Minato Mirai Pikachu but looks like is day before it started.

Azuran

Banned
OMG, I finally bred my first ever 6IV shiny pokemon! A sexy Fletching... with Big Pecks I swear I must have pissed someone off in my previous life because stuff like this keeps happening to me.

Oh well. I also got an extra 5IV (31/31/31/x/31/31) Impish Skarmory with SR, WW, and BB, so anyone here can have it if they want.

lupinko

OMG, I finally bred my first ever 6IV shiny pokemon! A sexy Fletching... with Big Pecks I swear I must have pissed someone off in my previous life because stuff like this keeps happening to me.

Oh well. I also got an extra 5IV (31/31/31/x/31/31) Impish Skarmory with SR, WW, and BB, so anyone here can have it if they want.

I'll take the Skarmory, and for Lonely nature, think it's ok to make it a mixed attacker? The poke in question is my Shiny Palkia in Pearl.

lupinko

Are Pokeball Vivillon gender locked at time of getting the Wonder Card?

Yes.

It depends when it's downloaded.

This is the same for all the pokemon center mon but unfortunately not the same for the current Wifi Summer Heracross and Pinsir. I can prove this because whenever I farm Shiny Jirachi at the PC I also get a Pinsir and it's always female. My Heracross in X is also female but that can't be farmed since I'm not going to delete my eshop / main save game file. :p

Muku

Well crapodiddlydo. Okay, well, that's good to know. Normally I don't care, but for the JPN Vivillon trying to get a female. I didn't want to waste all day SRing on one that was already male. Guess it's time to check the other two. Thank you!

Edit: 3 games... and all get male? 50/50 my rear.

Can anyone with access to a Togepi Safari please capture me a Female Togepi with Serene Grace in a Dusk Ball?

I can offer one of these:

Male/Female Reckless Starly w/ Pursuit, Feather Dance, Mirror Move, and Double Edge.

Female Infiltrator Spiritomb m w/ Shadow Sneak, Pain Split, Destiny Bond

Male Pressure Spiritomb w/ the above egg moves.

Male/Female Anticipation Eevee w/ Charm, Wish, Yawn, and Covet

Male/Female Dry Skin Croagunk w/ Fake Out, Drain Punch, Quick Guard, and Bullet Punch.

lupinko

It's all yours. Which gender would you prefer?

And why not. Might as well put that nature to use.

Either is fine. It'll just go to my Shiny Dex anyway, since I only want to use mon that I caught / bred / redeemed.

Yeah Lonely gives Palkia a Atk boost but still has its huge spA with the decrease in def.

Currently in my pearl it had dragon claw / stone edge / spacial rend / earthquake.

I was going to give it aqua tail when it learns it replacing spacial rend.

But if it's mixed attacker I can use spacial rend over dragon claw for stab, freeing up a slot for aqua tail / water fall / surf.

Edit: Before it's transferred up, I'll also give it Gravity/Outrage/Earth Power/Dive just to give it more moves.

I am looking at for EVs 126 Atk / 126 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 Def.

What you say gaf?

Are people ok with Wishmaker and Ageto having extra moves or the next ones brought up should all be vanilla?

Eventually when I can reach that part of the games, I can give beneficial natures move tutor moves prior to bringing those up, but if up for trades those would obviously command a higher trade value or be used as prizes in some lotto or gaf tourney or something.

I've got a shiny Turtwig and Honchkrow for you if you can get me a Modest or Timid Celebi and a Jolly Jirachi. :)

I think both are in a Pokéball, though, and I'd need to check for their natures. I hatched one and got the other in a trade.

lupinko

I've got a shiny Turtwig and Honchkrow for you if you can get me a Modest or Timid Celebi and a Jolly Jirachi. :)

I think both are in a Pokéball, though, and I'd need to check for their natures. I hatched one and got the other in a trade.

Nah, have to be more than that.

Anyway right now beneficial natures are untouchable.

It is only what is available. After all these are giveaways, and best Celebi is actually Calm. Whereas Jirachi is only really amazing with move tutor moves. Any physical nature without MT is pretty much useless.

Nah, have to be more than that.

Anyway right now beneficial natures are untouchable.

It is only what is available. After all these are giveaways, and best Celebi is actually Calm. Whereas Jirachi is only really amazing with move tutor moves. Any physical nature without MT is pretty much useless.

All right, fair enough, misread your earlier post. Sorry 'bout that.

I still have the two shinies I don't really need though, so if you want 'em, let me know. Still gotta repay you for your Dream Radar legendaries. :D

jelmerjt

New page :p

My team is almost complete. Really looking for a Timid Latias now (5IV, 0IV attack if possible). Can anyone help me out? I don't have much to offer sadly :(

Items:

Ability Capsule
Heracronite
Houndoominite
Aggronite

Pokemon:

Defog Scyther
0IV speed Ferroseed (Leech Seed, Stealth Rock, Spikes)
Nasty Plot Togepi
Quiet Magnemite (Analytic)
Rough Skin Gible (Outrage, Iron Head)

New page :p

My team is almost complete. Really looking for a Timid Latias now (5IV, 0IV attack if possible). Can anyone help me out? I don't have much to offer sadly :(

Items:

Ability Capsule
Heracronite
Houndoominite
Aggronite

Pokemon:

Defog Scyther
0IV speed Ferroseed (Leech Seed, Stealth Rock, Spikes)
Nasty Plot Togepi
Quiet Magnemite (Analytic)
Rough Skin Gible (Outrage, Iron Head)

I don't have a Latias for trade, but I am looking for an Agronnite and Houndoominite. Want to work out a deal? Anything else you might be looking for?

Nevermind mostly about the Powersaves stuff. Managed to dig something up about them, but does lead me to new questions...

Powersaves usually picks the first day of the event, but there are strange exceptions like VGC Mamoswine. Maybe it could be a timezone thing; I haven't really studied the dates properly : P

TBH, I don't actually know their criteria of selection, but I assumed they went for the first day to make the event look legitimate and also so people can brag that they got a Pokemon on the first date.

Like you said, it sucks for Pokemon only released on one or two days. But if you can prove you were at the event, people will be less likely to accuse you. Or, better, post a Wonder Card picture before Powersaves adds the Pokemon.

For the Cyber Genned Pokemon, I don't know how many know how to use it, but some people purposely make sure the Pokemon look fake or are easy to identify.

lupinko

Powersaves usually picks the first day of the event, but there are strange exceptions like VGC Mamoswine. Maybe it could be a timezone thing; I haven't really studied the dates properly : P

TBH, I don't actually know their criteria of selection, but I assumed they went for the first day to make the event look legitimate and also so people can brag that they got a Pokemon on the first date.

Like you said, it sucks for Pokemon only released on one or two days. But if you can prove you were at the event, people will be less likely to accuse you. Or, better, post a Wonder Card picture before Powersaves adds the Pokemon.

For the Cyber Genned Pokemon, I don't know how many know how to use it, but some people purposely make sure the Pokemon look fake or are easy to identify.

Well we all know my Shiny Jirachi are real and legitimate. Take that powersaves!

Muku

Hm, interesting. Though, if they try to go for first day, and it ends up being early, it obviously is fake in the eyes of someone who knows the event dates and should be shunned. Just interesting that one event is just wrong date wise and other one is actually fine. Thought they didn't always choose first day, but good to know.

Makes me curious about the female Pikachu and Pacifico one now. Though I have WCs and pics from event to back that up at least. Though if they were to go with Pacifico first day would be day I went. Though surprised they don't have female up. Was available whole event during those times as far as I know.

Ah well, I gotta read more about Powersaves at some point.

Did either parent have more than four moves possible to pass down?

I thought that was the issue so I removed the Aipom from the daycare to delete its moves, while keeping Tickle, and put him back in the daycare. The batch of Eevee that followed still did not have Tickle in its moveset.

As I did with Aipom, I grabbed a male Cincinno from the GTS, deleted all of his moves but Tickle and put him in the daycare with the Eevee. This batch of Eevee did have Tickle in its moveset.

I don't really know what happened, but I managed to pass down Tickle onto Eevee. So now I have a Tickle/Yawn/Curse/Wish Eevee to mess around with :)

In case people we're keeping track of the World Championship, a Pachirisu threw the whole metagame into disarray. Just quoting myself here as it has the youtube links to the championship battles.

Here's the first thing I found, from first day of the championships:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sQUoqo_q1A

Pachi should be the new mascot for Pokemon, screw Pikachu.

Found the Finals

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4w6lSXkeNio
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVImakG1TQk

In case people we're keeping track of the World Championship, a Pachirisu threw the whole metagame into disarray. Just quoting myself here as it has the youtube links to the championship battles.

Thanks! I missed the final.

Just watched it and it was amazing.
Pachirisu is totally going to be a VGC Pokemon distribution next year, right? Right? : D

Also, nice Champion theme; gotta Youtube it one day.

KiraFA37

I've been neglecting pokemon a bit this past month and a halve, but the VGC has gotten me itchy again. First job should be completing this damn save, nearly 6 months on it I only have 7 badges! I blame wondertrade, poke-amie petting and training random pokemon.

jelmerjt

I don't have a Latias for trade, but I am looking for an Agronnite and Houndoominite. Want to work out a deal? Anything else you might be looking for?

Sorry for the late reply. Today wasn't a good day for me. Fever :(

But uhm, no not really. You can have my Houndoominite though. Not going to be using it anyway :p

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
LUPINKO I FINALLY FOUND YOUR FLIPPING SAFARI-CAUGHT FEMALE SHELGON WITH OVERCOAT IN A PREMIER BALL. I AM SO EXCITED.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
Wow that's great! I forget what we were trading for, so how about a Jirachi and a Celebi for all your troubles?
I will never turn down anything like that, so sure. Haha. Which Minccino did you want? None are shiny, but I have the following:

Male, Serious, Technician, 4 IVs (HP, Def, Sp Atk, Sp Def)
Female, Mild, Technician, 5 IVs (HP, Atk, Def, Sp Atk, Speed)
Female, Hardy, Skill Link, 4 IVs (HP, Def, Sp Def, Speed)
Female, Naughty, Skill Link, 4 IVs (Atk, Def, Sp Def, Speed)

I'm signed in now if you're free.

I will never turn down anything like that, so sure. Haha. Which Minccino did you want? None are shiny, but I have the following:

Being a Minccino fan, I would strongly recommend the Skill Link ones. Makes M/Cinccino actually usable!

lupinko

I'll do the trade, skill link naughty, going on now, ign Black Mamba.

Edit: And just to say screw it, I'll just start raising my 5iv flawless VGC team, the shiny 6ivs can come whenever.
:(

Ok I'm jumping back onto the pokemon train after not playing since January. Sorry if I ask some dumb questions.

Are 6IV dittos easy to obtain these days? I have a friend safari with Dittos that I could farm until I get lucky, but last time I tried that I wasted a few days with nothing to show.

Is this IV judge still the best way to determine IVs?

For the first time I want to actually breed a solid team in my game. I always give up due to tedium but I really want to make it happen.

Muku

Ok I'm jumping back onto the pokemon train after not playing since January. Sorry if I ask some dumb questions.

Are 6IV dittos easy to obtain these days? I have a friend safari with Dittos that I could farm until I get lucky, but last time I tried that I wasted a few days with nothing to show.

Is this IV judge still the best way to determine IVs?

For the first time I want to actually breed a solid team in my game. I always give up due to tedium but I really want to make it happen.

There are no dumb questions here.

6IV Ditto you can pretty much guarantee aren't caught in the wild like that. You'll have to go with a hacked Ditto to do that. Unless you go through the method of having a few Ditto's each with different stats and passing on stats that way. If you can find someone to clone you want, you'll be golden.

IV judge is still best way to determine IVs. However, sometimes in addition to IV judge, if I'm SRing event Pokemon anyway, I'll also use an external IV calculator. Those aren't so helpful unless your Pokemon is higher in level, so yeah IV judge.

Top Bottom