• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

My face when hardly anyone is talking about the whole Gamestop thing.

I guess everyone already has the other mega stone already? I think if it was a rarer item or Pokemon people would be really up in arms over this.

Anyways, I visited a Gamestop today and to my surprise there was a lady there from Nintendo! She had Wario shirt on and had her nametag/little carrier thing with her stuff in it.

Apparently it's a known problem and that they're looking into why Gamestop stores didn't get their kits on time. Unfortunately they didn't have any idea when they may get them in so I was told to keep checking back.

6fHF2eH.png

Guess we just gotta wait. Anyone able to get the stone today?

IAnyway speaking of my current giveaways, here is what is available.

Wishmaker Jirachi
+ Water Pulse
Quirky

Ageto Celebi
+ Water pulse / Giga drain
Bashful

Can I grab those?

I can offer the following in return... if I recall from a few pages back I think you're generally looking for females with egg moves with a preference for Love/Dream balls?

Misdreavus / Love Ball / Nasty Plot, Sucker Punch, Memento, Spite / Timid
Igglybuff / Moon Ball / Fake Tears / Bold
Shellos (East Sea) / Luxury Ball / Clear Smog / Bold
Cubone / Friend Ball / Adamant
Corphish / Pokeball / Aqua Jet, Superpower, Dragon Dance, Knock Off / Adamant / Adaptability
Chansey / Luxury Ball / Seismic Toss / Bold

Not sure about EVs, but should probably have some that are at least 4.

And if you'd like, I also have a female Surskit with Hydro Pump in a Dream Ball that I could breed.

I guess everyone already has the other mega stone already? I think if it was a rarer item or Pokemon people would be really up in arms over this.

Yeah, I have X; one of my friends has X and an e-shop copy of Y that he's reset and done a new playthrough on a few times, so I've gotten a Heracross stone from him.

Ugh, I've seen everything in the Central and Coastal dex but I still need 38 for the Mountain dex because so many Pokemon are only obtainable by breeding for some reason and the GTS offers are always terrible.

lupinko

Lupinko, are you either/or for 5IV/4 egg move trades our do you want both?

Either/or but I'd prefer both, both is not a deal breaker.

Females preferred, rawr lol, if of course in a love ball, dream ball or premier ball.

Actually Emerald is borked and it always seeds at 0, regardless of battery.

Well, I knew that too, but it doesn't matter anyway because I saw my shiny spreads in rng reporter and it'll take forever to get what I want, and with no way to cheat time like gen 4/5 it's even worse. :p

Can I grab those?

I can offer the following in return... if I recall from a few pages back I think you're generally looking for females with egg moves with a preference for Love/Dream balls?

Misdreavus / Love Ball / Nasty Plot, Sucker Punch, Memento, Spite / Timid
Igglybuff / Moon Ball / Fake Tears / Bold
Shellos (East Sea) / Luxury Ball / Clear Smog / Bold
Cubone / Friend Ball / Adamant
Corphish / Pokeball / Aqua Jet, Superpower, Dragon Dance, Knock Off / Adamant / Adaptability
Chansey / Luxury Ball / Seismic Toss / Bold

Not sure about EVs, but should probably have some that are at least 4.

And if you'd like, I also have a female Surskit with Hydro Pump in a Dream Ball that I could breed.

I already did my dream ball Misdreavius but a love ball is better since I can always redo it. Friend ball sounds cool but it's Cubone.

Misdreavius F
Corphish M

I'll reserve yours.

ST2K

I am taking an improper amount of joy in taking down entire teams of ubers with my Shuckle.

It feels decadent.

I noticed, thanks.

Anyway speaking of my current giveaways, here is what is available.

Wishmaker Jirachi

Would you take a shiny Pansage from the wild for a Jirachi? Or are you only looking for high IV stuff?

lupinko

I am taking an improper amount of joy in taking down entire teams of ubers with my Shuckle.

It feels decadent.

Would you take a shiny Pansage from the wild for a Jirachi? Or are you only looking for high IV stuff?

Untrained and never used pansage? What kind of ball Pokeball? That or premier is preferred. But we can do that do trade too. :)

I already did my dream ball Misdreavius but a love ball is better since I can always redo it. Friend ball sounds cool but it's Cubone.

Misdreavius F
Corphish M

I'll reserve yours.

lol just figured I'd try out a Marowak on a Trick Room team against my buddy :p I've only recently started paying much mind to pokeballs, and this is the first set of monsters I've imported up and bred mostly with that purpose. I'm gonna figure out some more non-HA monsters I can nab with Love/Friend/etc balls in Silver.

Have 5IV monsters of your two choices, though think the 5th perfect for both is in Attack/SpAtk and not HP if that's fine.

lupinko

lol just figured I'd try out a Marowak on a Trick Room team against my buddy :p I've only recently started paying much mind to pokeballs, and this is the first set of monsters I've imported up and bred mostly with that purpose. I'm gonna figure out some more non-HA monsters I can nab with Love/Friend/etc balls in Silver.

Have 5IV monsters of your two choices, though think the 5th perfect for both is in Attack/SpAtk and not HP if that's fine.

Oh the IVs aren't that important, like I said I already did my own 5iv Misdreavius set, I can just breed my male with that female to get my egg moves in and then let the ditto do its job. Unlike others I don't care for this to be shiny.

For Corphish I want the egg moves and I can always rebreed it.

ST2K

Untrained and never used pansage? What kind of ball Pokeball? That or premier is preferred. But we can do that do trade too. :)

It's in a normal Pokeball. I caught it on a new file in my trip through Santalune Forest. As a result of EXP share, it isn't untouched though (Got it to level 19 before I banked it.) Is that a deal breaker?

lupinko

It's in a normal Pokeball. I caught it on a new file in my trip through Santalune Forest. As a result of EXP share, it isn't untouched though (Got it to level 19 before I banked it.) Is that a deal breaker?

Nah not a deal breaker. It's fine. :)

We can do that trade, which Wishmaker Jirachi do you want so I can reserve it?

Gentle would be fine, thanks.

Gentle with TM or with the berry?

lupinko

For my VGC team that looks to never be made because of my breeding and farming I'm looking at:

M-Tyranitar
M-Mawile
Garchomp
Carracosta
Flygon
Skarmory

Although since I want to do VGC and that's always doubles and the lack of hazard play, I could replace Flygon and Skarmory with Bisharp and Staraptor. Edit: But Staraptor is kind of out of place for this Sandstorm team.

Ugh, I've seen everything in the Central and Coastal dex but I still need 38 for the Mountain dex because so many Pokemon are only obtainable by breeding for some reason and the GTS offers are always terrible.

Just trade a scatterbug for anything on the GTS, as long as there are crazy vivillon pattern hunters you'll be able to get anything thats not a legendary for a scatterbug,

lupinko

Just trade a scatterbug for anything on the GTS, as long as there are crazy vivillon pattern hunters you'll be able to get anything thats not a legendary for a scatterbug,

Or do what I do, offer 5iv 4 egg move competitive pokes or crappy nature Dream Radar legendaries.

lupinko

Tried the 5IV egg move competitive pokes but it's not as quick. And I'm too lazy to farm for legendaries even though I have the means lol

Hey my Axews and Riolus got me like 60% of my GTS trades.

And the dream radar legendaries instantly give me what I want like say a level 50+ male Skitty to breed with egg moves.

I shouldn't have evolved my Kalos Champion Skitty to Delcatty, it loses ALL of the Skitty moves from the Move Reminder. Lol

Speaking of Skitty can anyone provide a female in a love ball?

I would use it in a VGC team. :D

Edit: A dream ball HA Skitty works too, lol now I want to use a Skitty competitively.

I should separate the Sandstorm team from the non-Sandstorm team.

My planned pokes to make either team are:

Tyranitar
Mawile
Skarmory
Carracosta
Flygon
Garchomp

Choices for substitution or for a Team 2:
Haxorus - the most ready
Staraptor
Lucario
Bisharp
Skitty (lol?)
Glaceon
Machamp
Salamence
Toxicroak
Talonflame

Man way too much variety, the sandstorm team is pretty much set tho.

Too bad no Hitmonchan in VGC, I'd love to put that on a team. Lol

My triples dumb fun team is set tho. :D

When it comes to egg move pokemon, wonder trading on wednesdays every week gets me a ton since one of them pokemon youtubers/streamers does wondertrading then. Thats how I've been getting my supply of egg moved pokemon. And shinies too.

Dryk

By the way, if anyone wants stuff bred I'm happy to do it. I'm in a weird time-zone for most people that aren't in Japan though.

Hey my Axews and Riolus got me like 60% of my GTS trades.
Dammit I just Wonder Traded ~15 4IV Axews

Oh shit that's exactly what I'm looking for at the moment. I'll post a list of things I have bred (alternate natures and Pokeballs possible).

Axew - Mold Breaker
Beldum
Bunnelby - Huge Power
Charmander - Blaze - Dragon Pulse, Ancient Power
Croagunk - Dry Skin - Great Ball - Drain Punch
Dratini - Marvel Scale - Dusk Ball
Fletchling - Gale Wings - Repeat Ball
Froakie - Protean
Furfrou
Gastly
Gible - Rough Skin - Luxury Ball - Iron Head, Iron Tail, Outrage
Golurk - Iron Fist
Honedge
Kangaskhan - Scrappy
Klefki - Premier Ball
Joltik - Compound Eyes
Lapras - Water Absorb - Dive Ball - Freeze Dry, Ancient Power
Magikarp - Swift Swim
Mawile - Sucker Punch, Elemental Fangs
Noibat - Infiltrator - Dusk Ball
Pawniard - Defiant - Luxury Ball - Sucker Punch
Piplup - Torrent - Icy Wind, Yawn
Raltz - Synchronise/Trace
Rotom
Scatterbug - Compound Eyes - River Pattern
Shellder - Skill Link - Luxury Ball - Icicle Spear, Rock Blast
Shroomish - Quick Feet - Bullet Seed
Slowpoke - Regenerator
Snorlax - Thick Fat - Curse
Starly - Reckless - Double-Edge, Roost
Swinub - Icicle Crash, Stealth Rock
Venipede - Speed Boost
Vullaby - Knock Off, Foul Play
Whismur - Rattled - Luxury Ball

(Currently working on a Marill with Belly Drum, Superpower and Aqua Jet)
(I also have two 5IV Modest Empoleon at level 50 (252HP 252SpA 4Spe) destined for Wonder Trade)

Dryk

Is there anyone available now that I can please trade/tradeback my haunter with?
Give me a few minutes to set this experiment running and I can do it. I have a box full of Foreign Pokemon I need to trade evolve so I'm always happy to help out.

Muku

Actually, if you planned ahead and got a Scatterbug pattern in your game that is kind of rare... you can trade them for anything. Well, 5IV ones anyway. I trade my 5IV Monsoon and Sandstorm Scatterbugs all the time for legendaries on GTS. Amazing Monsoon still has the trading power it does even after all this time. And Sandstorms go quick as hell.

Oh shit that's exactly what I'm looking for at the moment. I'll post a list of things I have bred (alternate natures and Pokeballs possible).

A female Rough Skin Gible in a Premier Ball would work great. I was actually just about to try and find one.

You want a male or female Corphish?

Female Corphish then, and what nature Gible do you want?

Actually, I completely forgot that I have a Gible safari from a buddy, just caught my initial batch before he had beaten the E4 lol. I'll take a Marvel Scale Dratini. Female, whatever nature's fine.

(Edit: Will need your FC though)

lupinko

I'm thinking about using Gallade also in singles and doubles.

Either of these with Justified / Adamant:

Hypnosis or Thunder Wave
Protect
Close Combat STAB
Psycho Cut STAB

Or

Close Combat STAB
Psycho Cut STAB
Earthquake - general purpose
Shadow Sneak - Ghost / Psychic counter

I would like to hear opinions. I can do both move sets on separate Gallades. Since they would do different things. I'm divided on Hypnosis vs Thunder Wave though.

Muku

Okay, so for a large-scale nearing the end of summer kinda thing, going to toss up a list of stuff I'm looking to get rid of. Can give me whatever you'd like for the stuff. Just trying to get some of this stuff out.

Monsoon Scatterbug (JPN 3DS)
All Timid ~ Compound Eyes ~ 31/X/31/31/31/31
x15 Male (x4 with Stun Spore)
x06 Female (x2 with Stun Spore)

Sandstorm Scatterbug
All Timid ~ 31/X/31/31/31/31
x08 Male (x5 Compound Eyes)
x12 Female (x8 Compound Eyes)

Monsoon Scatterbug
Timid ~ Compound Eyes ~ 31/31/31/31/31/31
x04 Male (x01 with Stun Spore)
x02 Female

Pichu
Modest ~ Lightning Rod ~ Egg Moves: Charge, Wish, Disarming Voice, Endure
x04 Male (all are 5IV, just different IV placement)

Modest ~ Static ~ 31/31/31/31/31/31 ~ Egg Moves: Charge, Wish, Disarming Voice, Endure
x03 Male
x01 Female

Adamanat ~ Static ~ 31/31/31/31/31/31 ~ Egg Move: Charm, Fake Out, Thunder Punch, Encore
x02 Male (x01 Lightning Rod instead)
x02 Female

Feebas
Modest ~ 31/31/31/31/31/31
x01 Male

Piplup
Modest ~ Torrent ~ 31/31/31/31/31/31 ~ Egg Moves: Icy Wind, Hydro Pump, Feather Dance, Aqua Ring
x04 Male

Ponyta
Adamant ~ Flame Body ~ Pokerus ~ 31/31/31/31/31/31 ~ Egg Moves: Low Kick, Double Kick, Flame Wheel, Morning Sun
x01 Male
x02 Female

Dryk

Actually, I completely forgot that I have a Gible safari from a buddy, just caught my initial batch before he had beaten the E4 lol. I'll take a Marvel Scale Dratini. Female, whatever nature's fine.

(Edit: Will need your FC though)
Yeah, I'll send you a PM when I have it. Do you want it ASAP or to wait until I get one with 5IVs? I'm still trying to get Deadman his Gengar back at the moment because the stupid WT Japanese Machoke had Strength and he can't trade it away from his party <.<

I would like to hear opinions. I can do both move sets on separate Gallades. Since they would do different things. I'm divided on Hypnosis vs Thunder Wave though.
60% accuracy's not worth it IMO

Yeah, I'll send you a PM when I have it. Do you want it ASAP or to wait until I get one with 5IVs? I'm still trying to get Deadman his Gengar back at the moment because the stupid WT Japanese Machoke had Strength and he can't trade it away from his party <.<

You can toss one to me with whatever IVs, I can get those sorted out myself. The Corphish I've set aside has 4IVs I think.

lupinko

60% accuracy's not worth it IMO

That's what I figured, I also noticed it can learn WoW, so that's paralysis vs burn damage.

Hmmm.

I really want to try this out but stupid farming / breeding.

I should get my XY LL fixed already so I can farm breed on two 3DS and train on one. Lol

That attacking Gallade would be used in conjunction with a Baton Passer hence the lack of SD.

JulianImp

So, I'm trying to work on my team, but then I realize there're way more important things I should be doing, and I stop after doing little to nothing. A few days ago, I took my Crobat and an inner focus Zubat to the daycare to see if I could get a 5IV inner focus one with the egg moves, and even after that I still have to breed and train Swinub and Aerodactyl, and finish raising Hoppip.

I'm currently pondering whether I should go for Mega Scizor or Aerodactyl. Scizor gets lots of extra bulk and some more speed (I'll probably be running adamant anyway, since base 75 speed when mega won't be outspeeding much... or will it?), and I guess Aero's unnerve is a lot more useful than its mega's bulk and ludicrous speed.

It feels decadent.

Please elaborate.
Also, don't avatar quote

ST2K

Please elaborate.
Also, don't avatar quote

Nothing special or unheard of and probably not as good as it could be. I had never really messed with tanks/walls before and decided to try with Shuckle. So I raised one and I've been playing on Battle Spot with it exclusively as my lead.

I've got it holding Leftovers and using Toxic, Protect, Sticky Web, and Power Swap. People will send out Mega Charizard, Mega Garchomp, Zygarde, Mewtwo, Mega Blaziken, etc. and completely not know how to deal with it. I open with Sticky Web and Toxic, they throw their most powerful attacks at Shuckle and he shrugs it off and gains back some of it via Leftovers. Power Swap debilitates their attacks even further, and by the time Shuckle goes down usually their entire team is debilitated. My sweeping Greninja and Magnezone can mop up anything that's left.

I'd say around 75% of my battles are against people who don't know how to deal with him. The rest either do or luckily lead with something that combats Shuckle incredibly well. It's a completely new experience for me and I love it.

lupinko

So far for team #2 aka not Sandstorm:

Bulky Swords Passer Mega Scizor
Reckless Staraptor
Dragon Dance Haxorus
All Out Attacker Gallade
Rotom-W
Bulky Support Clefable

I don't know who to put in for that 6th slot, I would want a Mega or anything with Levitate or flying, so Talonflame? Haha but that's redundant with Staraptor. Reason mainly because of earthquake coming out of either Hax or Gallade.

Edit: I figured it out, I'll try working on this team too and soon! Decided on Mega Scizor and Bulky Clefable.

And this is designed with doubles in mind.

Edit: Sandstorm Team

M-Tyranitar
M-Mawile
Skarmory
Carracosta
Flygon
Garchomp

Double mega gives me options really.

This is a lot of fun just coming up with ideas.

And with that said anyone with a dream ball or love ball Clefairy / Clefable? :D

Okay, so for a large-scale nearing the end of summer kinda thing, going to toss up a list of stuff I'm looking to get rid of. Can give me whatever you'd like for the stuff. Just trying to get some of this stuff out.

Monsoon Scatterbug (JPN 3DS)
All Timid ~ Compound Eyes ~ 31/X/31/31/31/31
x17 Male (x6 with Stun Spore)
x06 Female (x2 with Stun Spore)
Can I get one of these Male JP Scatterbugs? :D

fffffffffffffff of course I hatch a Shiny Gible (without noticing and almost releasing it lol) in my first batch of eggs when I was quickly breeding for nature before adding egg moves. Perfect Atk/Def/SpAtk, Rough Skin, Jolly, Male, Premier Ball. Tempted to raise it, or maybe I'll see if I can hatch another shiny and trade this one.

Can hop on now or whenever works for you.
Right now is fine. :)
Edit: Thanks for the Scatterbug! Monsoon is my favorite pattern.
fffffffffffffff of course I hatch a Shiny Gible (without noticing and almost releasing it lol) in my first batch of eggs when I was quickly breeding for nature before adding egg moves. Perfect Atk/Def/SpAtk, Rough Skin, Premier Ball. Tempted to raise it, or maybe I'll see if I can hatch another shiny and trade this one.
Congrats!

Top Bottom