• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

ST2K

Okay, so for a large-scale nearing the end of summer kinda thing, going to toss up a list of stuff I'm looking to get rid of. Can give me whatever you'd like for the stuff. Just trying to get some of this stuff out.

Monsoon Scatterbug (JPN 3DS)
All Timid ~ Compound Eyes ~ 31/X/31/31/31/31
x16 Male (x5 with Stun Spore)

Could I get one of these?

Hyunashi

So I decided to order a 2DS + X and it should come in a few days. I was wondering if I should get Y too for the version exclusives or just look to the global-trade-thingo and buy Pokemon White 2 instead?

Pretty pumped to get back into Pokemon since Crystal was last one I played religiously on the handheld.
TBH Pachirisu beasting while I was randomly watching the finals helped me make the decision.

So I decided to order a 2DS + X and it should come in a few days. I was wondering if I should get Y too for the version exclusives or just look to the global-trade-thingo and buy Pokemon White 2 instead?
Remember with GTS. Deposit and ask for Pokemon, seeking offers yourself can be frustrating. As for both X and Y, only if you have 2 systems. Why? The main exclusive is a few mega evolution stones (and those are only worth it if you use those Pokemon, both versions have good Pokemon) and those are items which Pokemon bank does not support (and you can not deposit these on to GTS either).

Oh yeah so Pokemon Bank. It is a paid yearly cloud storage subscription service and you need an NNID to use it. You need Pokemon Bank to be able to transfer from White 2 to XY.

It might be an idea to wait for OR/AS near the end of November as far as a second game goes.

Hyunashi

Remember with GTS. Deposit and ask for Pokemon, seeking offers yourself can be frustrating. As for both X and Y, only if you have 2 systems. Why? The main exclusive is a few mega evolution stones (and those are only worth it if you use those Pokemon, both versions have good Pokemon) and those are items which Pokemon bank does not support (and you can not deposit these on to GTS either).

Oh yeah so Pokemon Bank. It is a paid yearly cloud storage subscription service and you need an NNID to use it. You need Pokemon Bank to be able to transfer from White 2 to XY.

It might be an idea to wait for OR/AS near the end of November as far as a second game goes.

The two systems thing is not that much of a problem as I can use a friends 3DS if needed at times. I will also be subbing for the poke bank, which seems like incredible value.

I have already pre-ordered OR, so yeah question remains which of the two options is more ideal(ie. getting Y or getting Pokemon White 2). Also for the mega stones, is the only way to get the ones unavailable to trade for them?

Sorry for the questions and thankyou!

lupinko

The two systems thing is not that much of a problem as I can use a friends 3DS if needed at times. I will also be subbing for the poke bank, which seems like incredible value.

I have already pre-ordered OR, so yeah question remains which of the two options is more ideal(ie. getting Y or getting Pokemon White 2). Also for the mega stones, is the only way to get the ones unavailable to trade for them?

Sorry for the questions and thankyou!

White 2 and Y are both good value, W2 will give you Latias, since you're buying OR which will have Latios, so that sorts out the Eon duo for you. W2 also lets you get the Lake Trio (Azelf, Mesprit, Uxie), Reshiram, Kyurem, Swords of Justice (Cobalion, Virizion, Terrakion), Cresselia, Heatran, Regirock and Regice.

If you have a friend with Black 2 you can get Regigigas if you get a B2 Registeel traded to your game.

And if you get Pokemon Dream Radar, you can get the Weather Trio in Tornadus, Thundurus, and Landorus. If you have the gen 4 games with DR you can get the Johto Guardians and Sinnoh Dragons as well.

Xy has the best breeding system and path, especially since ORAS is all water like RSE likely.

If you get Bank before Sept 30 you can get a Gen 6 Celebi in XY.

Edit: And speaking of Legendaries, I'm the resident Legendary Farmer/Rancher/Hustler, Legendary Hustler sounds best actually. Lol

I can provide you all the Dream Radar Legendaries (Unova Genies, Sinnoh Dragons, Johto Guardians) complete with your own trainer name (not exceeding 7 characters, but this character limit is removed in Gen 6) and gender. All these legendaries have their hidden abilities in dream balls too.

And I can also throw in an Ageto Celebi and Wishmaker Jirachi, which you can choose from below:

Ageto Wishmaker Giveaways:

Wishmaker Jirachi
+ Water Pulse
Quirky
Gentle
Rash
Naive
Relaxed
Lonely
Lax
Serious

+ berry / vanilla
Impish x4 Salac
Quirky x3 Ganlon
Gentle Ganlon
Relaxed Ganlon
Docile Ganlon
Rash Ganlon

Reserve: Delio - Impish Salac, BlazeBreak - Quirky TM

Ageto Celebi
+ Water pulse / Giga drain
Gentle x2
Naughty x2
Naive
Mild
Quiet
Brave
Docile

Vanilla
Bashful
Careful x2
Impish
Quiet
Naive

Reserve: Delio - Gentle TM, BlazeBreak - Bashful TM

Muku

Legendary Hustler... LOL. I like that. Legendary Rancher is good too. Lasso 'dem Pokemon up!

Off topic, but man, just got back from the beach. Beautiful sunset with Fuji-san out. Kinda rare since in summer it's usually cloudy. This summer has been a bit unusual though as I've seen it a few times. No complaints, a beautiful summer evening.

lupinko

Legendary Hustler... LOL. I like that. Legendary Rancher is good too. Lasso 'dem Pokemon up!

Off topic, but man, just got back from the beach. Beautiful sunset with Fuji-san out. Kinda rare since in summer it's usually cloudy. This summer has been a bit unusual though as I've seen it a few times. No complaints, a beautiful summer evening.

There's fireworks outside, I should watch it.

Also ram wire will apparently play a charity concert at one of my schools next month, which is pretty cool. It's funny because me the foreigner was the only one on staff that knew who they were. Haha.

On topic, I realized that Clefable is not in VGC, so there goes team not Sandstorm, tho at my rate I won't ever get my team up anyway. I think Clefairy is in hoenn so that should add to VGC in the future.

Muku

There's fireworks outside, I should watch it.

Also ram wire will apparently play a charity concert at one of my schools next month, which is pretty cool. It's funny because me the foreigner was the only one on staff that knew who they were. Haha.

On topic, I realized that Clefable is not in VGC, so there goes team not Sandstorm, tho at my rate I won't ever get my team up anyway. I think Clefairy is in hoenn so that should add to VGC in the future.

You should. :) Woulda yesterday if I didn't feel bad. Though from sound of it they didn't last long at all... I miss the times they put on big displays.

Despite not liking R/S, I'm kind of stoked for ORAS. I just hope they changed enough to make it less boring. Wiped and played through Ruby again earlier this year while waiting on PokeBank. Realized I still hate that game with a passion. I hold out hope for ORAS though...

Edit: Hyunashi, if you need help with any legendaries (non-event ones) that lupinko doesn't have, let me know.

Sandstorm I have come in Pokeball if interested. I usually have Pokeball stuff 'cuz that's my favorite of the normal balls. :)

Edit: Unless I'm missing something?

Just trying to get a plain Sandstorm. One of your 5IV hatchlings would be great too, but I'd like a plain one to match the rest of the collection (the last one I need). I've been hoping/trying for a long time to trade with PreyingShark to get one in exchange for my shiny Eevee. But when he's around, it's only for a moment; our schedules just don't work out, I guess. I'm currently trying to breed some special projects in between my new (physically draining) 40hr/wk job.

Yaven

Banned
Nope, that's not it.

Gamestop stores were supposed to get "kits" in for the Mega Stones for Pinsir/Heracross (the second half of this event for US) According to the ones I talked to, they were supposed to come in last Wednesday, but there was some delay in the shipping. Some stores may have gotten them in, but they haven't opened their boxes yet. Others I visited/called had virtually no idea what I was talking about.

The whole thing seems to be a massive miscommunication clusterfuck.

Yep... The GameStop I went to near my work is also having issues. The guy there mentioned that Nintendo has had a perfect record up until now, with getting things to them on time. I wasn't sure how widespread this is (I'm in Milwaukee). I was able to get my code for the Mega Stone, but they still don't have Heracross/Pinsir available. They are a week late on that now.

Yep... The GameStop I went to near my work is also having issues. The guy there mentioned that Nintendo has had a perfect record up until now, with getting things to them on time. I wasn't sure how widespread this is (I'm in Milwaukee). I was able to get my code for the Mega Stone, but they still don't have Heracross/Pinsir available. They are a week late on that now.

They ONLY have the Mega Stone; they're not supposed to have Pinsir/Heracross. To receive the Pokemon themselves, download them using the via Internet option in Mystery Gift. The Pokemon can be downloaded from the Nintendo Network this way, then you're supposed to go to GameStop to get the mega stone code(s).

I was able to get my code for the Mega Stone, but they still don't have Heracross/Pinsir available. They are a week late on that now.

Did they give you a card, or did they just generate a code for you?

Actually...er..the Pinsir/Heracross event was last week. You could download it over Wi-Fi from the 13th to the 17th. I'm not sure if the stores are doing it themselves though.

EDIT: Hmm..looks like some people on /vp/ came across a new trailer on the eshop for ORAS. There's a Trick House seen briefly, boulders you can hop up on, and riding your bike on the walkways in Fortree.
EDIT2: Oops never mind. Looks like not the eshop but the japanese site: http://www.pokemon.co.jp/ex/oras/movie/

Muku

Just trying to get a plain Sandstorm. One of your 5IV hatchlings would be great too, but I'd like a plain one to match the rest of the collection (the last one I need). I've been hoping/trying for a long time to trade with PreyingShark to get one in exchange for my shiny Eevee. But when he's around, it's only for a moment; our schedules just don't work out, I guess. I'm currently trying to breed some special projects in between my new (physically draining) 40hr/wk job.

Ahhh, sure thing, I'll get one for you. You're welcome to have a hatchling as well if you'd like.

Edit: Awesome, caught you one. Will see if I can get it to you later today. :)

lupinko

Cross post from the community thread:

me said:
Can anyone help me try to find out my Secret ID of some banked pokes from older games?

I can give some cool stuff in return like Dream Radar legendaries, Wishmaker Jirachi and Ageto Celebi.

I've read ways on how to do it but I'm lazy. :p

Well, there's Shiny Gible #2.

4IV (Atk, SpAtk, SpDef, Spd) / Iron Head, Outrage, Dragon Breath / Sand Veil / Jolly / Premier Ball

Guess I'll eventually be looking to trade one of the two. Dunno if I'd raise this one or the 3 IV Rough Skin no egg move first one.

Muku

Awesome, congrats on the shinies guys. Plan on trading whatever I have left over in my list next week if not traded here. Will probably do it on Wednesday for some of that shiny action.

Edit: Whew. Got all my Pokemon SR'd before last weekend to get the Pikachu. And just now finished up with the Pikachu and Vivillon. Can finally get back to breeding after a couple of months or more.

Cross post from the community thread:

I can help with finding secret ID's for gen 4 and 5 pokemon. Even gen 3 if it's been traded up to gen 4.

You don't need to send me anything special, as long as it's a pokemon from those games since all pokemon from that trainer would have the same ID.

I know I have some of your pokemon but I don't know if they're from the ID you want to find out.

lupinko

I can help with finding secret ID's for gen 4 and 5 pokemon. Even gen 3 if it's been traded up to gen 4.

You don't need to send me anything special, as long as it's a pokemon from those games since all pokemon from that trainer would have the same ID.

I know I have some of your pokemon but I don't know if they're from the ID you want to find out.

Oh thanks! Let me bring those up then. :)

The ones I gave you don't have my older games id.

We can do this whenever.

O.k finally got all legends/events anyway to see if they are legit?

Well, the easy way is this.

If any of them are from a trainer named Ash and with trainer ID 01337. Thats literal generated pokemon.

After that, there's probably no real way to know if it's generated or not. If you have several legendaries from the same person (name/ID) and you don't know them then it's also safe to assume they're generated. But if they're statistically legal and are like a couple off the grid (not heavily distributed) generated pokemon there's no way of know if it's generated or not since it's statistically legitimate.

Well, the easy way is this.

If any of them are from a trainer named Ash and with trainer ID 01337. Thats literal generated pokemon.

After that, there's probably no real way to know if it's generated or not. If you have several legendaries from the same person (name/ID) and you don't know them then it's also safe to assume they're generated. But if they're statistically legal and are like a couple off the grid (not heavily distributed) generated pokemon there's no way of know if it's generated or not since it's statistically legitimate.
how do I check trainer id?
Just check the pokemon summary. Shows the original trainer and the trainer ID.
Thanks, don't know how I missed it seems like my dexoys genecest an jirachi are probably fake the rest seems legit.

Muku

Another one is what, one with "PCApp". You can guarantee that is too. I've gotten quite a few over time, but don't have any on me at the moment. Had to look it up, haha.

On a side note, wanted to let yall know next Saturday (the 30th), I'm going to put up a few physical things for folks to nab here. Pokemon things. It'll be first come, first serve type deal, because I don't really know of any fair way, but that seems to be the best way I can think of. Just a few things from the Pokemon lottery thing that I have extras of, but I'd like to find them a place where they'll be appreciated. Just wanted to give a heads up for folks who might not be around often. Aiming to do it morning of 30th my time.

532F818D-6B0C-4DAB-BB0D-6E9D444A7336_zps3zeod0oe.jpg

Just hatched her a few minutes ago!

I got bit by the Vivillon bug and destroyed my living pokedex to get these damn things. Can anyone spare an Ocean or River Vivillon? No one has any of these on the GTS and I'm sick of checking it every 30 minutes.

I can give BP items, or pretty much every other pokemon including most non-event legendaries (though I'm missing a few due to Vivillon trading).

turbocat

Momzilla... yeah. Yeah that's clever enough to work. I think i'll go with that! Thanks man.

No problem! I try to give all of my shinies cool or goofy nicknames to make them feel unique, so hopefully Momzilla will be a strong Pokemon for you.

I know the Kangaskhan that I use for the Battle Maison completely wrecks everything, so I'm sure you won't have much of a problem.

So an update came out for the Powersave thing and apparently there's 47 unused slots for Pokemon (doesn't include megas) in the game. It probably doesn't mean much but it's interesting.

lupinko

Unless you get a lightball.

Somehow the only pikachu I caught in X had a lightball and didn't notice till postgame lol.

Yeah I just realized I can farm light balls from my Pikachu FS.

So anyone want any Event Colosseum Pikachus with Light Balls?

Lol I have so much fun recreating these events in Gen 6.

Unrelated to Gen 6 but when I get to finally start playing SS, I'm going to play with a Chikorita, Wishmaker Jirachi, Ageto Celebi, Colosseum Pikachu, and a bunch of eggs that I'll hatch one of them is a DD Charmander with 3 other egg moves. Also Lapras and Tropius as HM slaves. And I can put that pokewalker to good use now too. Then eventually bring in a MPR Mew when I have enough badges. :D

Does anyone know if HGSS has any trading restrictions? I know RS and DP do not but FRLGE all did. Kanto needed the RS machine fixed and Emerald required the national dex.

Basically the idea is capture junk in SS to trade for the good stuff from Pearl over.

Only thing I know are some TMs/HMs (can't remember which), and notch-eared Pichu.

On a side note, I just beat the game, and starting on my post. Would someone be willing to share FCs for the safari, or is it even worth it? Still need to fill out my dex, and need to my stuff over from B2.

Does anyone know if HGSS has any trading restrictions? I know RS and DP do not but FRLGE all did. Kanto needed the RS machine fixed and Emerald required the national dex.

I don't think there are any in HGSS and you can trade over anything as soon as you're able to trade in-game. Believe the only 'restriction' is you won't register pokemon data on whatever until you have the national dex.

Only thing I know are some TMs/HMs (can't remember which), and notch-eared Pichu.

On a side note, I just beat the game, and starting on my post. Would someone be willing to share FCs for the safari, or is it even worth it? Still need to fill out my dex, and need to my stuff over from B2.

Friend Safari is definitely worth it. Not only do all the pokemon generally have 2-3 perfect IVs, but if the friend's also beaten the E4, then you'll be able to capture the pokemon with their Hidden Ability, as well. If you post your FC, I (and I'm sure a handful of others) will add you back.

I don't think there are any in HGSS and you can trade over anything as soon as you're able to trade in-game. Believe the only 'restriction' is you won't register pokemon data on whatever until you have the national dex.

Friend Safari is definitely worth it. Not only do all the pokemon generally have 2-3 perfect IVs, but if the friend's also beaten the E4, then you'll be able to capture the pokemon with their Hidden Ability, as well. If you post your FC, I (and I'm sure a handful of others) will add you back.

I've been looking to add more people to my Friend Safari. Are we allowed to post codes in thread?

lupinko

Yeah you can have my safaris, my NA one in my profile is Fairy (Dedenne / Blue Floette / Mawile) and you could also add my JP one but that one doesn't have a cleared game at the moment, it's Fire (Pansear / Slugma / Braixen), I can post the JP FC too.

lupinko

Kinda redundant because I have 6IV JPN Jolly Ditto and ENG Adamant shiny Ditto, but I still am interested in other 6IV Dittos, yes I know they were either RNG or Pokegenned.

Anyway looking for 6IV Dittos in the other languages, so FRE, GER, SPA, ITA and KOR with any of the following natures: Calm, Bold, Modest, Timid, and either Sassy or Hasty for the last one.

If anyone can help with this silly request you know I can get you your own set of Dream Radar legendaries (Johto guardians, Sinnoh dragons, Unova genies) and Gen 3 rare events (Wishmaker Jirachi, Ageto Celebi, Colosseum Pikachu).

Top Bottom