• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

I tried adding people with dittoes in that thread but I never got a response.

Mine is 2621-2626-1653

Ditto safaris are in very high demand but low supply. It's rare that you'd get a response from one considering the numerous requests they get for it. I don't have a Ditto safari (mine is Psychic) but I have access to Ditto safari. If it's for breeding, we have 6IV Dittos here. We used to pass out clones in vast quantities. Still can and do, just not on such a large scale.

Which reminds me, Lupinko, you still need those stones?

L.O.R.D

hello guys ...

BlPXJsoCQAAe_vh.png

jelmerjt

Does anyone have a spare PP Max?

My stuff:

Items:

Heracronite
Houndoominite
Aggronite

Pokemon:

Defog Scyther
0IV speed Ferroseed (Leech Seed, Stealth Rock, Spikes)
Nasty Plot Togepi
Quiet Magnemite (Analytic)
Rough Skin Gible (Outrage, Iron Head)

L.O.R.D

Don't tell me that is the only way to remove the hat...

i think the one made this using cyber gadget
he was trying to get another cloth by changing the cloth bit in the game
if you got it wrong , you will not get any cloth
so, i fear this is the only way to get the hat off

Ditto safaris are in very high demand but low supply. It's rare that you'd get a response from one considering the numerous requests they get for it. I don't have a Ditto safari (mine is Psychic) but I have access to Ditto safari. If it's for breeding, we have 6IV Dittos here. We used to pass out clones in vast quantities. Still can and do, just not on such a large scale.

Which reminds me, Lupinko, you still need those stones?

I'm looking for anyone's FC. I've done actual breeding so I don't need ditto anymore.

Does anyone have a spare PP Max?

My stuff:

Items:

Heracronite
Houndoominite
Aggronite

Pokemon:

Defog Scyther
0IV speed Ferroseed (Leech Seed, Stealth Rock, Spikes)
Nasty Plot Togepi
Quiet Magnemite (Analytic)
Rough Skin Gible (Outrage, Iron Head)

Sure do, how many you need? I have Ability Capsules as well. Any chance to trade for the Aggronite and/or Houndoominite?

I'm looking for anyone's FC. I've done actual breeding so I don't need ditto anymore.

I see. Well, my FC is in my profile if you want Munna, Xatu and Wobbuffet.

well....this what will happen if you have Zero IV Pokemon

whats good is you can trade those pokemon with zero iv online or GTS

time to teach those assholes in the GTS some lesson

I was wondering what the dialogue would be like.

I don't think I could watch that more than twice lol.

Randdalf

I just realised you can't pass down hidden abilities between species by breeding. Urgh, guess I actually have to find the specific Friend Safari I'm after now (Emolga and Poliwhirl).

MicH

You can? I don't see any way to do it (and I have a female HA). Won't the resulting Pokemon always be of the female's species?
Yeah you can't do it between different Pokemon, so you gave to find those specific Pokemon with their HA that you want to breed

L.O.R.D

You can? I don't see any way to do it (and I have a female HA). Won't the resulting Pokemon always be of the female's species?

i breed alot of protean froakie
so yah, i can breed a male protean froakie or female protean froakie
but with female pokemon, the chance the baby is HA is alot
if you have ditto and the other pokemon is HA
the baby will become like the HA pokemon

Muku

i breed alot of protean froakie
so yah, i can breed a male protean froakie or female protean froakie
but with female pokemon, the chance the baby is HA is alot
if you have ditto and the other pokemon is HA
the baby will become like the HA pokemon

Think original issue was they were trying to breed two different Pokemon species to pass the HA.

What kind of breedable do you have with at least 4 egg moves?

I have

5x Ralts (Timid/Trace): Shadow Sneak, Destiny Bond, Disable, Memento
2x Ralts (Timid/Synchronize): Shadow Sneak, Destiny Bond, Disable, Memento
2x Ralts ♂ (Adamant/Trace): Encore, Disable, Destiny Bond, Shadow Sneak
3x Bagon (Jolly/Rock Head): Hydro Pump, Dragon Dance, Dragon Pulse, Dragon Rage
3x Bagon (Jolly/Sheer Force): Hydro Pump, Dragon Dance, Dragon Pulse, Dragon Rage
8x Bagon (Timid/Rock Head): Hyrdo Pump, Dragon Dance, Dragon Pulse, Dragon Rage
7x Gible (Naughty/Rough Skin): Sand Tomb, Iron Head, Outrage, Iron Tail
2x Trapinch (Jolly/Hyper Cutter): Fissure, Superpower, Feint, Bite
2x Trapinch (Jolly/Sheer Force): Fissure, Superpower, Feint, Bite

Most have at least 5 max IV's as well, except maybe for the Gibles, the Timid Bagons and the Trapinches, as I haven't checked them.

I just realised you can't pass down hidden abilities between species by breeding. Urgh, guess I actually have to find the specific Friend Safari I'm after now (Emolga and Poliwhirl).

To not quote the replies and just reset to step one and clarify everything for full certainty;

-When breeding, the resulting egg is always the same as the female pokemon being used.
-If the female has its hidden ability, there's a (I think 60%?) chance it will be passed down to the offspring.
-As of Gen VI (XY), if a male pokemon has its hidden ability and you breed it with a Ditto, the offspring has a chance of having its hidden ability
-> However, to be clear, Ditto's ability is completely irrelevant to breeding. If you have a male pokemon with a normal ability and a Ditto with Imposter, it will still be a 0% chance that the offspring will have its hidden ability.

I don't have Emolga, but I can trade you a hidden ability female Poliwag.

Randdalf

To not quote the replies and just reset to step one and clarify everything for full certainty;

-When breeding, the resulting egg is always the same as the female pokemon being used.
-If the female has its hidden ability, there's a (I think 60%?) chance it will be passed down to the offspring.
-As of Gen VI (XY), if a male pokemon has its hidden ability and you breed it with a Ditto, the offspring has a chance of having its hidden ability
-> However, to be clear, Ditto's ability is completely irrelevant to breeding. If you have a male pokemon with a normal ability and a Ditto with Imposter, it will still be a 0% chance that the offspring will have its hidden ability.

I don't have Emolga, but I can trade you a hidden ability female Poliwag.

Yeah I was reading Bulbapedia and it pretty much said what you said but what LORD said confused me.

Thanks for the offer but I actually just finished breeding a 5IV one, from one I got off friend safari not 2 hours ago. Took only 3 batches to go from zero to hero!

So I'm almost done seeing all Pokemon in the Mountain Kalos Dex. If anyone has time, would they mind trading some of the following Pokemon?

Garchomp
Politoed
Rotom
Tyranitar
Gliscor
Hydreigon
Dragonite
Xerneas

Since I only need them for the Pokedex, I'll obviously trade back. My FC is 3952-6995-6817.

lupinko

I have

5x Ralts (Timid/Trace): Shadow Sneak, Destiny Bond, Disable, Memento
2x Ralts (Timid/Synchronize): Shadow Sneak, Destiny Bond, Disable, Memento
2x Ralts ♂ (Adamant/Trace): Encore, Disable, Destiny Bond, Shadow Sneak
3x Bagon (Jolly/Rock Head): Hydro Pump, Dragon Dance, Dragon Pulse, Dragon Rage
3x Bagon (Jolly/Sheer Force): Hydro Pump, Dragon Dance, Dragon Pulse, Dragon Rage
8x Bagon (Timid/Rock Head): Hyrdo Pump, Dragon Dance, Dragon Pulse, Dragon Rage
7x Gible (Naughty/Rough Skin): Sand Tomb, Iron Head, Outrage, Iron Tail
2x Trapinch (Jolly/Hyper Cutter): Fissure, Superpower, Feint, Bite
2x Trapinch (Jolly/Sheer Force): Fissure, Superpower, Feint, Bite

Most have at least 5 max IV's as well, except maybe for the Gibles, the Timid Bagons and the Trapinches, as I haven't checked them.

I'll take a male Bagon timid or Jolly, just a male since I need its egg moves.

ST2K

Decided to breed some Growlithes for a good bulk spread of IVs. The first egg I hatched was shiny with 4 perfect IVs.

I don't even like the shiny look of that line, but I'm obligated to train it with that kind of luck.

So I'm almost done seeing all Pokemon in the Mountain Kalos Dex. If anyone has time, would they mind trading some of the following Pokemon?

Garchomp
Politoed
Rotom
Tyranitar
Gliscor
Hydreigon
Dragonite
Xerneas

Since I only need them for the Pokedex, I'll obviously trade back. My FC is 3952-6995-6817.
I can help you out if you still need to.
i have a question
i see some of you trying to breed almost perfect iv pokemon
5X31IV and 1 0IV...
why one stat is zero ?
The reasons I can think of:
- 0IV in Attack to minimize confusion/foul play damage
- 0IV in Speed to deliberately allow the pokemon to go slower for trick room teams and such
- Specific hidden power type that requires/is made easier with 0IVs in a stat
- Being able to pass them on to another pokemon within its egg group whatever they need it for
I love going in to free battles and killing teams full of legendaries with normal pokemon. Its hilarious.
Oh yes, it's quite fun

lupinko

I'll bring up a jolly colosseum Pikachu to SS, should I give it mega kick and thunder punch in gen 3? :D

Hell body slam would be lols too.

Suggestions for this Pikachu?

Jolly w/Light Ball
Thunder Punch
Mega Kick
Iron Tail
Brick Break / Seismic Toss / Dynamic Punch ???

Lol

Wth, how do you beat Mega Kangaskhan and Choice Scarf Smeargle lead in VGC 2014 doubles? Mega Kangaskhan fakes out any Pokemon that can interrupt Smeargle and Smeargle spam Dark Void. Smeargle is faster than Valonflame.

Wth, how do you beat Mega Kangaskhan and Choice Scarf Smeargle lead in VGC 2014 doubles? Mega Kangaskhan fakes out any Pokemon that can interrupt Smeargle and Smeargle spam Dark Void. Smeargle is faster than Valonflame.
Fake out Kangaskhan with a faster pokemon (Weavile) and take out Smeargle while it's down. Smeargle can't outspeed a Talonflame with Gale Wings, or just use a Scarfed pokemon yourself

Muku

I'm still trying to get one in Emerald. :/

I'll take that anyway. Lol

And I did reset the game so it's no longer 150+ hours. Back to 34 hours.

Awww broke that time streak, haha. Alright, he'll be set aside for ya with the Pikachu.

Muku

You're a Pikachu expert, what's fun for my Colosseum jolly? Brick Break? dynamic punch or seismic toss?

I dunno if I'd call myself a Pikachu expert. Haha. But I sure do love that little electric rodent.

Think lupinko is going for fun versus serious competition. I don't think I'd run a Pikachu in a serious competition myself. I'd probably go Seismic Toss for shits 'n giggles.

Edit: Well damn. Just realized none of the Scraggy I have have their HA. Does anyone have a Female HA Scraggy for trade? (Moves, IVs, natures don't matter. Have a male to breed her with that have the important stuff.)

lupinko

The only Pikachu I've ever seen used successfully in competitive play:

Pikachu (M) @ Light Ball
Trait: Lightningrod
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Fake Out
- Thunderbolt
- Grass Knot
- Protect

http://nuggetbridge.com/articles/i-choose-you/

This isn't for competitive play and I can't use egg moves on an Event Pikachu.

Thanks tho. And I would use Volt Tackle on a competitive one definitely.

I dunno if I'd call myself a Pikachu expert. Haha. But I sure do love that little electric rodent.

Think lupinko is going for fun versus serious competition. I don't think I'd run a Pikachu in a serious competition myself. I'd probably go Seismic Toss for shits 'n giggles.

Yeah I figured it would be hilarious to see it Seismic Toss Lugia or Groudon. lol

Top Bottom