• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

KiraFA37

Finally finished that playthrough I started 6 months ago. Now starting project 4-5IV living pokedex. May the Arceus
of patience
be on my side.

jelmerjt

Hmm. I actually need one more thing: a Japanese 5IV Ditto (0IV Speed). For shiny breeding (Ferrothorn) :p

My stuff:

Items:

Heracronite
Houndoominite

Pokemon:

Defog Scyther
0IV speed Ferroseed (Leech Seed, Stealth Rock, Spikes)
Nasty Plot Togepi
Quiet Magnemite (Analytic)
Rough Skin Gible (Outrage, Iron Head)

I'm starting to think my copy of Pokemon X has problems.

I was first unable to pass down Tickle to an Eevee when paired with an Aipom
I'm trying to EV train a glaceon and it's not accumulating HP EVs when equipped with the power weight. It's also not accumulating HP EVs when super training. However, it's accumulating HP EVs if I use a training bag.

I'm hoping that turning the system off will fix this issue. :(

Edit: It seems that turning the system off did the trick. I hope I don't come across anymore issues.

I've been looking to breed some 'mon for doubles but I can't get the starting parents by myself. Does anyone here have a Kirlia or Clefairy Friend Zone? Or alternatively, a female Kirlia with Telepathy in a Luxury Ball or a Female Clefairy(preferably no friend guard) in a Luxury Ball?

KiraFA37

I've been looking to breed some 'mon for doubles but I can't get the starting parents by myself. Does anyone here have a Kirlia or Clefairy Friend Zone? Or alternatively, a female Kirlia with Telepathy in a Luxury Ball or a Female Clefairy(preferably no friend guard) in a Luxury Ball?

I was just breeding some Cleffa in a luxury ball with their regular ability and wish as an egg move. I'll keep one on the side for you if you want.

upandaway

Almost done with my live dex (I went the "only Pokemon I caught myself" route which complicated things), but I forgot to evolve my Pumpkaboo and Spritzee when I borrowed my friend's 3DS. They're the only things I have left :( so I'll have to enlist someone's help here. I have some spare 5IV Pokemon if someone wants to take them off me (Flash Fire Vulpix, Prankster Murkrow w/ Brave Bird/Roost, and Hyper Cutter Mawile).

Same way if someone has a spare Diancie from that event, I'd love to get one

celebi23

Here's the outfit I'm rocking now
b5bed290-2b99-11e4-83d0-068eb5ad0ab9.jpeg

Check out my Global Link profile too

lupinko

I plan on making a Legendary Boss Battle Gym in ORAS if it's possible anyway and or use this for Online Battles or the next VGC Legends net tourney or whatever.

One of the battles will have this Shiny Palkia that I caught in Pearl. Now this was before I knew of the metagame (best Palkia is either Timid or Hasty). And I did this under 30 SRs too, so it was probably dumb luck. Anyway I've made it work I think for its IVs since I based it on the equivalent Mixed Attacker Build for Zekrom and the two are kinda similar anyway.

Lonely w/Lustrious Orb
4 HP / 252 Atk / 148 SpA / 104 Spe
Spacial Rend STAB
Earthquake
Aqua Tail STAB
Stone Edge / Hone Claws / T-Wave

Because it's mixed, I can keep Palkia's trademark Spacial Rend, EQ is general purpose and Aqua Tail because it's STAB and hits quite hard. I'm not sure for the last move, Stone Edge is useful to kill off flying types but the accuracy is iffy, T-Wave is for consistency, and Hone Claws I think can be useful to boost both Spacial Rend and Aqua Tail, accuracy for both and power for the latter. But I've read that hone claws in general isn't that great and does not live up to its billing. I did post this in the general thread but that thread is more of the franchise than the competitive side when compared to this thread. There isn't anything wrong with that but I don't like to beat a dead horse any longer.

Since it's still in gen 4 I can still give it more moves for fun or for other cool builds, stuff like gravity, outrage, and dive.

JulianImp

So, while I was breeding the Aerodactyl HypnoDarkrai got me, I got this beauty:
mCS8eYMl.jpg

Its IVs are 31/31/4-5/6-7/30/31, it has its hidden ability, Wide Guard as an egg move and the right nature (+Spd -SpAtk). Those defense IVs look kind of bad, but at least it's got good ones in all the other stats that mattered!

This happens to be the second shiny pokémon in my team, after Hoppip. I'm loving how the game's giving me my favorite pokémon as shinies, and with decent stats to boot!

JulianImp

Congrats! Don't worry about the Defense, it can't take a hit anyway :p

Yeah, I guess... Poor old Aerodactyl is a bit fragile for being a rock-type, but I guess that speed stat had to be balanced out somehow.

It's funny how all of my favorites have really high speed stats and crappy defenses at best (Jumpluff, Crobat, Aerodactyl, Dugtrio). Thankfully, Dugtrio's out of the team for now, and Mamoswine, Volcarona and Scizor will probably help against ice-types. A water-type with ice-type moves would probably be quite annoying, though, but hopefully Crobat's sun support helps things a bit.

I'm now looking for EV reducing berries other than the attack ones (which I got by sheer coincidence while I was planting random berries), so if anyone had some of them, I'd appreciate it (I don't think I have too many good items to give in return for them, though).

Muku

Congrats, Julian!

Not really used Aerodactyl before. He's actually next on my list after Fletchling (on my very long list) that I am currently breeding. So he is a bit weak on taking hits, eh? Might need to find someone good to pair him up with then. Hadn't gotten around to reading up on him yet since Fletchling is being a pain in the rear.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Congrats, Julian!

Not really used Aerodactyl before. He's actually next on my list after Fletchling (on my very long list) that I am currently breeding. So he is a bit weak on taking hits, eh? Might need to find someone good to pair him up with then. Hadn't gotten around to reading up on him yet since Fletchling is being a pain in the rear.

I used him as a suicide attacker in the previous gen, he gets all kinds of hard hitting moves and can fill the roll easily. Let him soften up the other team then when he's dead or almost dead bring in the big guns and clean up the remains of your opponent.

JulianImp

*sigh* Why is shiny Aerodactyl PURPLE

Because it's a Crobat wannabe, obviously.
Purple's my favorite color, anyway.

I've used Aero in singles before, and it's the very definition of a glass cannon. For my doubles team I'll be rocking Sky Drop, Rock Slide, Wide Guard and either Taunt or Protect with Unnerve to stop Sitrus Berries (Wide Guard is a huge boon against Rock Slide, the bane of my team).

Mega Aero, on the other hand, is a bit bulkier and hits for some really good damage thanks to its improved attack and Tough Claws, but not even all that speed is of use against priority attacks.

EDIT: By the way, I'm still looking for EV-reducing berries. For now my main priority is the speed-reducing one, since I think Aero won't be needing the full 252 speed EVs, which could go to HP or SpDef instead.

Muku

Hmmmm. Now I think about it, don't think my Aero has its HA. Not at home to check at the moment. Only way to get HA on Aero then would be to transfer, yeah? :(

lupinko

I don't know if it has anything to do with it, but whenever I use Mudkips to farm for Wishmaker Jirachi, the natures are usually bad like say Lax/Gentle/neutral. I think I got better ones when I ran Treecko and Torchic. The former I think wielded better results. I'll find out later since I have three to try out later today already ready to wake up some Wishmakers.

I'm sick and tired of Quirky Wishmaker Jirachis, ugh.

Muku

Shy of GTS or anyone else who can hook you up, yeah.

Yeah meant except them. GTS I haven't trusted in months and it doesn't seem like a good choice anyway. Never gotten anything off there that resembles what I was going for.

Though, I don't mind transferring up. Just not sure which game to go to for it. Will have to look that up later.

On another note, does anyone here bother with Shellos? For fun or something more serious.

JulianImp

Hmmmm. Now I think about it, don't think my Aero has its HA. Not at home to check at the moment. Only way to get HA on Aero then would be to transfer, yeah? :(

I have a few leftover HA Aerodactyls from my short breeding spree I could get you, and I think I even have some females among them. Also, they're all Jolly and have Wide Guard. :D

If you happen to have a HA Lileep with an egg move or two, I'd gladly trade one of them (female for female only, though).

Yeah meant except them. GTS I haven't trusted in months and it doesn't seem like a good choice anyway. Never gotten anything off there that resembles what I was going for.

Though, I don't mind transferring up. Just not sure which game to go to for it. Will have to look that up later.

On another note, does anyone here bother with Shellos? For fun or something more serious.

I actually just imported an East Sea Shellos (I like the colors better myself, and I believe D/P/Pt has been the only place you can obtain them; everywhere else, including XY is always West Sea). Have plenty of extras if you'd like one.

Definitely a more for-fun thing. Just finished training one up, haven't battled with it yet. It's gonna be lacking a good ground STAB attack, though I'm hoping Earth Power returns as a tutor move in ORAS.

Top Bottom