• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

lupinko

Gen 3 Events and Dream Radar Legendaries Swapmeet repost for the new page:

Wishmaker Jirachi
+TM Water Pulse
Quirky
Rash
Naive
Relaxed
Lonely
Lax
Serious

-vanilla +berry
Impish x4 Salac
Quirky x3 Ganlon
Gentle Ganlon
Relaxed Ganlon
Docile Ganlon

Reserve: Delio - Impish Salac, BlazeBreak - Quirky TM, 7echnicolor - Rash Ganlon, Blue Ninja - Gentle TM

Ageto Celebi
+TMs Water Pulse & Giga Drain
Gentle x2
Naughty x2
Naive
Quiet
Brave
Docile

-vanilla
Bashful
Careful
Impish
Quiet
Naive

Reserve: Delio - Gentle TM, BlazeBreak - Bashful TM, 7echnicolor - Careful, Blue Ninja - Mild TM

Colosseum Pikachu (taking advance reserves, Gen 3 Event Pikachu with Light Ball)

Aveyn Knight - Adamant/M

Dream Radar Legendaries (ask for any what I have available or I can do a complete set for you with your OT name (cannot exceed 7 characters) and gender)

CorvoSol - Landorus, Tornadus

Muku

I have a few leftover HA Aerodactyls from my short breeding spree I could get you, and I think I even have some females among them. Also, they're all Jolly and have Wide Guard. :D

If you happen to have a HA Lileep with an egg move or two, I'd gladly trade one of them (female for female only, though).

That would be awesome. Sadly, I haven't gotten to Lileep yet. Wayyyyyy behind on my breeding. I don't mind a HA male though either. Anything else you're looking for?

I actually just imported an East Sea Shellos (I like the colors better myself, and I believe D/P/Pt has been the only place you can obtain them; everywhere else, including XY is always West Sea). Have plenty of extras if you'd like one.

Definitely a more for-fun thing. Just finished training one up, haven't battled with it yet. It's gonna be lacking a good ground STAB attack, though I'm hoping Earth Power returns as a tutor move in ORAS.

Thank you, but I'm good. :) Brought up from Pearl as soon as Bank opened up. Actually brought a few over and passed some out on here too.
East Sea Shellos is best Shellos.
More about how well (or not so well) it's been working out. I don't imagine it being for anything more than just fun for me. Just wondering how well it does at the moment. :)

My problem with some Pokemon, and why they're further down on list than some others is I'm hoping for some move tutors in ORAS as well. ;_; Really hope they're there. Yeah, could get it before bringing it up, but IVs will suck then.

Thank you, but I'm good. :) Brought up from Pearl as soon as Bank opened up. Actually brought a few over and passed some out on here too.
East Sea Shellos is best Shellos.
More about how well (or not so well) it's been working out. I don't imagine it being for anything more than just fun for me. Just wondering how well it does at the moment. :)

My problem with some Pokemon, and why they're further down on list than some others is I'm hoping for some move tutors in ORAS as well. ;_; Really hope they're there. Yeah, could get it before bringing it up, but IVs will suck then.

Yeah, I'm in the same boat. There's some Pokemon I've recently bred for a more fun purpose, like the aforementioned Gastrodon, as well as a Poliwrath - I could just import with whatever tutor moves, but opted to breed them in XY where IVs are infinitely easier. Precedent suggests that we'll get move tutors in ORAS, so I'm fairly optimistic.

lupinko

Yes on Move Tutors, more pokes need access to the body slam!

n5rCcmJ.jpg

Why are so many good moves transfer only? Might need to rethink my Umbreon (since I can't get Heal Bell and Foul Play).

Because of exactly what we're currently talking about :p

Those are both things that Umbreon's only been able to learn via Move Tutor, and XY (like the first entry in any generation) doesn't feature them. If Move Tutors do return in ORAS like we're guessing they will, then it's entirely possible that Umbreon will be able to learn those two again.

Muku

Yessss. That is perfect Pokemon I'm waiting on. I have an Eevee ready to roll as an Umbreon, but waiting for dat Heal Bell and Foul Play. ORAS cannot come soon enough..

Firestorm

Why are so many good moves transfer only? Might need to rethink my Umbreon (since I can't get Heal Bell and Foul Play).
For some reason Game Freak does tutors cyclically instead of progressively =/ I really wish they would introduce new tutors slowly year-to-year instead of giving us a bunch, taking them away, then giving us back mostly the same ones.

Randdalf

Because of exactly what we're currently talking about :p

Those are both things that Umbreon's only been able to learn via Move Tutor, and XY (like the first entry in any generation) doesn't feature them. If Move Tutors do return in ORAS like we're guessing they will, then it's entirely possible that Umbreon will be able to learn those two again.

For some reason Game Freak does tutors cyclically instead of progressively =/ I really wish they would introduce new tutors slowly year-to-year instead of giving us a bunch, taking them away, then giving us back mostly the same ones.

Yeah, it's very annoying. Wondering now if I should go with Mean Look + Baton Pass or an entirely different Eeveelution.

JoeM86

If they did that, then every move would have a tutor eventually, and that's ridiculous. They do this to rebalance the metagame at first, and then change it up.

You should know this.

Gen 3 Events and Dream Radar Legendaries Giveaways repost for the new page:

Wishmaker Jirachi
+TM Water Pulse
Quirky
Gentle
Rash
Naive
Relaxed
Lonely
Lax
Serious

-vanilla +berry
Impish x4 Salac
Quirky x3 Ganlon
Gentle Ganlon
Relaxed Ganlon
Docile Ganlon

Reserve: Delio - Impish Salac, BlazeBreak - Quirky TM, 7echnicolor - Rash Ganlon

Ageto Celebi
+TMs Water Pulse & Giga Drain
Gentle x2
Naughty x2
Naive
Mild
Quiet
Brave
Docile

-vanilla
Bashful
Careful
Impish
Quiet
Naive

Reserve: Delio - Gentle TM, BlazeBreak - Bashful TM, 7echnicolor - Careful

Colosseum Pikachu (taking advance reserves, Gen 3 Event Pikachu with Light Ball)

Aveyn Knight - Adamant/M
Blue Ninja

Dream Radar Legendaries (ask for any what I have available or I can do a complete set for you with your OT name (cannot exceed 7 characters) and gender)

CorvoSol - Landorus, Tornadus

I'll take a gentle Jirachi anda mild Celebi too, if you're giving them away. :) Your bagon is sitting at the ready, let me know if you want anything else from my list of egg move 'mon.

lupinko

I'll take a gentle Jirachi anda mild Celebi too, if you're giving them away. :) Your bagon is sitting at the ready, let me know if you want anything else from my list of egg move 'mon.

Well they're not just giveaways, I'd like something usable too in return after all. Lol

Anything other than the bagon? And you wanted both with TMs?

Well they're not just giveaways, I'd like something usable too in return after all. Lol

Anything other than the bagon? And you wanted both with TMs?

That's why I asked what else you wanted. ;)

And no, I don't neccesarily need the TM moves, just give me what you want.

Apart from these:

5x Ralts (Timid/Trace): Shadow Sneak, Destiny Bond, Disable, Memento
2x Ralts (Timid/Synchronize): Shadow Sneak, Destiny Bond, Disable, Memento
2x Ralts ♂ (Adamant/Trace): Encore, Disable, Destiny Bond, Shadow Sneak
3x Bagon (Jolly/Rock Head): Hydro Pump, Dragon Dance, Dragon Pulse, Dragon Rage
3x Bagon (Jolly/Sheer Force): Hydro Pump, Dragon Dance, Dragon Pulse, Dragon Rage
8x Bagon (Timid/Rock Head): Hyrdo Pump, Dragon Dance, Dragon Pulse, Dragon Rage
7x Gible (Naughty/Rough Skin): Sand Tomb, Iron Head, Outrage, Iron Tail
2x Trapinch (Jolly/Hyper Cutter): Fissure, Superpower, Feint, Bite
2x Trapinch (Jolly/Sheer Force): Fissure, Superpower, Feint, Bite

I also have 5 Adamant/Guts Larvitar with Dragon Dance, 2 Relaxed/Sturdy Aron with Stealth Rock, an Adamant/Marvel Scale Dratini with Extreme Speed/Dragon Dance, 6 Modest/Static Mareep with Agility and 5 Naive/Illusion Zorua with Sucker Punch.

But if there's nothing you want, them I'm happy just taking the Pikachu. Got a 6IV Pichu sitting ready to take that Light Ball.

lupinko

That's why I asked what else you wanted. ;)

And no, I don't neccesarily need the TM moves, just give me what you want.

Apart from these:

I also have 5 Adamant/Guts Larvitar with Dragon Dance, 2 Relaxed/Sturdy Aron with Stealth Rock, an Adamant/Marvel Scale Dratini with Extreme Speed/Dragon Dance, 6 Modest/Static Mareep with Agility and 5 Naive/Illusion Zorua with Sucker Punch.

But if there's nothing you want, them I'm happy just taking the Pikachu. Got a 6IV Pichu sitting ready to take that Light Ball.

I'll take the trapinch and Zorua, thanks!

Male for Trapinch and female for Zorua.

Edit: well there's only one mild Celebi available, you don't request and then not be clear about it. ^^

You can get both with TMs.

jelmerjt

Does anyone have an American or Japanese Ferroseed? 31IV in HP, Attack, Defense and Special Defense and 0IV in Speed.

My stuff:

Items:

Heracronite
Houndoominite

Pokemon:

Defog Scyther
0IV speed Ferroseed (Leech Seed, Stealth Rock, Spikes)
Nasty Plot Togepi
Quiet Magnemite (Analytic)
Rough Skin Gible (Outrage, Iron Head)

lupinko

Does anyone have an American or Japanese Ferroseed? 31IV in HP, Attack, Defense and Special Defense and 0IV in Speed.

My stuff:

Items:

Heracronite
Houndoominite

Pokemon:

Defog Scyther
0IV speed Ferroseed (Leech Seed, Stealth Rock, Spikes)
Nasty Plot Togepi
Quiet Magnemite (Analytic)
Rough Skin Gible (Outrage, Iron Head)

I'm interested in Defog Scyther and Nasty Plot Togepi, but I don't have your ideal Ferroseed.

Edit: I misunderstood, I don't have it and I would be interested in it too.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
If they did that, then every move would have a tutor eventually, and that's ridiculous. They do this to rebalance the metagame at first, and then change it up.

You should know this.
This is why I loved VGC this year; the limitations really can bring out a lot of creativity.

lupinko

I'm interested in building a team around Emolga, obviously for doubles.

Ugh curse this stupid Emerald rng, I'm supposed to hit frame 35596 but my past four have been 35579, 35600, 35584, and 35885. There was a screw up on the last one.

The IVs aren't even all that good outside of the 31 attack, this is for Rayquaza and hopefully Groudon and Kyogre, since I want to run physical sets.

Tldr: trying to get Shiny Adamant Legendaries.

As for move tutors I want to see. Parting shot and for pranksters to get it. The metagame needs ezmode switch-in and Pangoro needs to be made even more useless by losing exclusivity on that move.

I've used Aero in singles before, and it's the very definition of a glass cannon. For my doubles team I'll be rocking Sky Drop, Rock Slide, Wide Guard and either Taunt or Protect with Unnerve to stop Sitrus Berries (Wide Guard is a huge boon against Rock Slide, the bane of my team).
Question here. When Aerodactyl is in the air (from sky drop) does unnerve still work? Likewise if it picks up someone with friend guard does that stay active?

jelmerjt

I'm interested in Defog Scyther and Nasty Plot Togepi, but I don't have your ideal Ferroseed.

Edit: I misunderstood, I don't have it and I would be interested in it too.

Would you be willing to breed a perfect Ferroseed? You're playing the Japanese version right? I can give you a perfect European male Ferroseed :) I'm looking for a foreign male Ferroseed.

lupinko

You want the Trapinch with Sheer Force or Hyper Cutter?

Also, it seems all my Trapinch are female, and all my Zorua are male. No idea how that happened. :lol You still want them?

Sheer force is fine, ultimately it just becomes levitate as Flygon only has one ability. It doesn't matter just pass them both.

Would you be willing to breed a perfect Ferroseed? You're playing the Japanese version right? I can give you a perfect European male Ferroseed :) I'm looking for a foreign male Ferroseed.

All of my games Japanese and North American are set to English but I do have a 6iv English Shiny Adamant Ditto and a 6iv Japanese Jolly Ditto.

Speaking of Emolga, here's a video I found of Emolga singlehandedly beating a team of legendaries.

http://youtu.be/4YKmGjdHftU

jelmerjt

Sheer force is fine, ultimately it just becomes levitate as Flygon only has one ability. It doesn't matter just pass them both.

All of my games Japanese and North American are set to English but I do have a 6iv English Shiny Adamant Ditto and a 6iv Japanese Jolly Ditto.

Speaking of Emolga, here's a video I found of Emolga singlehandedly beating a team of legendaries.

I do have a perfect Japanese Ditto, but in this case it's not the ideal partner, since Ferroseed needs 0IV in Speed.

lupinko

I do have a perfect Japanese Ditto, but in this case it's not the ideal partner, since Ferroseed needs 0IV in Speed.

Unfortunately at this time my hands are full for breeding projects, since I really want to play VGC (giving away my flawless reckless Starly didn't help, whoops, but I'm trying to breed a 6iv parent anyway so it's alright lol).

That doesn't even count my gen 3 event farming or my shiny Jirachi farming, which is coming to an end at least.

Muku

Any particular reason for a foreign male Ferroseed? Just curious. My JPN copy of X I run in Japanese, so it's something I could theoretically do. Made sure I played in Japanese in case I needed any foreign Pokemon.

Edit: Nevermind, see you need it with 0 in Speed?

All right, you online now?

jelmerjt

Unfortunately at this time my hands are full for breeding projects, since I really want to play VGC (giving away my flawless reckless Starly didn't help, whoops, but I'm trying to breed a 6iv parent anyway so it's alright lol).

That doesn't even count my gen 3 event farming or my shiny Jirachi farming, which is coming to an end at least.

It's ok :) Good luck!

Randdalf

I'm thinking something like this for my Umbreon now. I can't run Moonlight, since this is a Rain-focused team.

Wish
Protect/Refresh
Payback
Curse/Toxic

Nah, I'm not, and I don't have the event pikachus with the light ball up yet as well. :/

Those are sitting in gen 3 still. :/

Tomorrow would be better. :)

That's if you can wait for Pikachu because that might be awhile.

Sure, just let me know when you're able, I'll keep the three in the box until then.

So I was trying to create a moveset for competitive Blaziken but two of his moves are transfer only. Are there options for him that don't involve transfer moves?

JulianImp

That would be awesome. Sadly, I haven't gotten to Lileep yet. Wayyyyyy behind on my breeding. I don't mind a HA male though either. Anything else you're looking for?

Hmm... I don't know. Perhaps you could give me a random Pidgey for now, and get me a HA Lileep sometime later?

Question here. When Aerodactyl is in the air (from sky drop) does unnerve still work? Likewise if it picks up someone with friend guard does that stay active?

I haven't used Aero yet since my team isn't ready, but I'd guess abilities stay active even while a pokemon is up in the air. It's mostly a way to remove a pesky target for a turn (thanks to Aero's top tier speed), and it also has the added benefit of preventing Protect or other priority moves for that turn (if the opponent tries to move before Aero drops it, their move fails because they're still being carried by Sky Drop).

Muku

Hmm... I don't know. Perhaps you could give me a random Pidgey for now, and get me a HA Lileep sometime later?

I haven't used Aero yet since my team isn't ready, but I'd guess abilities stay active even while a pokemon is up in the air. It's mostly a way to remove a pesky target for a turn (thanks to Aero's top tier speed), and it also has the added benefit of preventing Protect or other priority moves for that turn (if the opponent tries to move before Aero drops it, their move fails because they're still being carried by Sky Drop).

As much as I'd like to... I can't agree to that. Mainly on fact that I have no idea when I'm actually going to get to Lileep. My breeding backlog is so bad. By time I get to it there wouldn't be a guarantee I'd even remember to be honest. Of course my breeding backlog is a bit complicated, but goes for Pokemon I want in my groups but can also be extended by shiny breeding projects I have on table. And sometimes shinies take a month or more.

I started playing HeartGold yesterday, and damn, the UI is fantastic. Big useful buttons for the stuff you need. A toggle button for sprinting. It's so much better than the UI in B/W.

jelmerjt

Any particular reason for a foreign male Ferroseed? Just curious. My JPN copy of X I run in Japanese, so it's something I could theoretically do. Made sure I played in Japanese in case I needed any foreign Pokemon.

Edit: Nevermind, see you need it with 0 in Speed?

So I can breed it with my perfect female European Ferroseed and hopefully get a shiny :)

I do have a 6IV Japanese Ditto, but in this case it's not the best partner. A 5IV Ditto with 0IV in Speed would be perfect.

My Ferroseed has 0IV in Speed yes.

Muku

So I can breed it with my perfect female European Ferroseed and hopefully get a shiny :)

I do have a 6IV Japanese Ditto, but in this case it's not the best partner. A 5IV Ditto with 0IV in Speed would be perfect.

My Ferroseed has 0IV in Speed yes.

Hm, I don't have any specific Ditto's for doing that kind of job. Have 6IVs, but none with 0 in any stats. It would have to be pure luck I guess to get 0 in it with my 6IV English Ditto. :/

Edit: Unless you have a 0 Speed Ferroseed I can use with my Ditto. Then I can try it for ya.

jelmerjt

Hm, I don't have any specific Ditto's for doing that kind of job. Have 6IVs, but none with 0 in any stats. It would have to be pure luck I guess to get 0 in it with my 6IV English Ditto. :/

Edit: Unless you have a 0 Speed Ferroseed I can use with my Ditto. Then I can try it for ya.

I can give you a perfect female and a perfect male Ferroseed. You'll have a perfect foreign Ferroseed in no time :) You can keep the Ferroseeds of course. They are in Dusk Balls though. I love that ball :p

JulianImp

As much as I'd like to... I can't agree to that. Mainly on fact that I have no idea when I'm actually going to get to Lileep. My breeding backlog is so bad. By time I get to it there wouldn't be a guarantee I'd even remember to be honest. Of course my breeding backlog is a bit complicated, but goes for Pokemon I want in my groups but can also be extended by shiny breeding projects I have on table. And sometimes shinies take a month or more.

Then, do you happen to have any female HA pokemon in dream balls? I'm not looking for anything specific right now, so I guess it'd be best if you just posted a list or sent it to me by PM.

lupinko

Giveaway? I'm a hundred or so shy of competing my living dex and this has been on my list for a long time. I'd be great to get one!

Well I'd like to have something in return so it's not exactly a giveaway. Any breedable poke is fine, something with at least 4 egg moves or 5IVs.

I should really change the world giveaway to swap meet. Lol

Randdalf

Just finished training five out of six of my team, discovered the wonders of Restaurant Le Wow, and now I'm pondering whether to continue with Operation Breloom or go for Operation Kabutops instead.

Top Bottom