• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

Well I'd like to have something in return so it's not exactly a giveaway. Any breedable poke is fine, something with at least 4 egg moves or 5IVs.

I should really change the world giveaway to swap meet. Lol

I have a few 5 IV pokemon that I've been breeding. I can churn out a few more for something as rare as that.

Muku

I can give you a perfect female and a perfect male Ferroseed. You'll have a perfect foreign Ferroseed in no time :) You can keep the Ferroseeds of course. They are in Dusk Balls though. I love that ball :p

Sure, that would be fantastic and make it easier. Just send me a message when you're around and available.

Then, do you happen to have any female HA pokemon in dream balls? I'm not looking for anything specific right now, so I guess it'd be best if you just posted a list or sent it to me by PM.

Nope. I usually put my Pokemon in just regular PokeBalls. Or Premiers at time. I tend to not bother with other balls generally, for whatever reason.

Are you looking for a list of HA Pokemon I have? Or just 5/6IV stuff in general? I tend not to keep much extra of stuff in general. Usually give out the decent stuff here. But it's okay, don't worry about it. Thank you though. :)

JulianImp

Crobat and Aerodactyl are done, so they can finally join Volcarona! I guess I'll breed an Icicle Crash HA Swinub next while I think about Hoppip's EV spread. It won't be attacking at all, so... max speed and then some HP and defenses? Or just max HP and speed, and 6 SpDef? Its moveset will probably end up being Sleep Powder, Helping Hand, Encore and Protect, or maybe replace Protect for Solarbeam (since I'll be using boosted Sunny Days), since it's not like Jumpluff is enough of a threat to get ganged up on, and it takes advantage of the fact that I'm running a timid nature.

Since I didn't get any replies regarding getting EV-reducing berries, I'll probably look into GameFAQs to check which berries produce the mutations I need for them instead. It will take a while, but I guess staying around while hoping somebody throws some berries my way is more of a waste of time. I'll probably be needing the berries for a Scyther which has maxed out HP EVs (don't ask), and maybe Aerodactyl as well in case I end up lowering its speed EVs for the sake of some extra HP or something.

Nope. I usually put my Pokemon in just regular PokeBalls. Or Premiers at time. I tend to not bother with other balls generally, for whatever reason.

Are you looking for a list of HA Pokemon I have? Or just 5/6IV stuff in general? I tend not to keep much extra of stuff in general. Usually give out the decent stuff here. But it's okay, don't worry about it. Thank you though. :)

Yeah, a list of your available HA mons would be fine, since that's impossible to breed for unless you've got one already, as opposed to IVs (based god ditto).

Muku

That's the thing, I've done very few HA Pokemon. Normally I don't feel like, at least what I've bred so far, HA is a requirement for mine. Think Eevee or Charmander were my last go with HA.

Just going to take my luck on GTS. Though so far the amount of folks that can read notes is astounding. Hint:
No one has obviously read it.

JulianImp

That's the thing, I've done very few HA Pokemon. Normally I don't feel like, at least what I've bred so far, HA is a requirement for mine. Think Eevee or Charmander were my last go with HA.

Just going to take my luck on GTS. Though so far the amount of folks that can read notes is astounding. Hint:
No one has obviously read it.

I guess I'll just take an Eevee, then (preferably female, if you happen to have any left). Do you happen to have an HP-reducing berry you could throw in as well (or any of them besides -Def, since I just realized that's the only one I've come across so far)?

Muku

I guess I'll just take an Eevee, then (preferably female, if you happen to have any left). Do you happen to have an HP-reducing berry you could throw in as well (or any of them besides -Def, since I just realized that's the only one I've come across so far)?

It's cool man. I just don't want to give you something you don't really want. I also don't have any HP reducing berries either. Haven't had as much time to put into the game for a while now. I'm in no rush on the Aerodactyl right now anyway, so it's no biggie. Thank you though.

JulianImp

It's cool man. I just don't want to give you something you don't really want. I also don't have any HP reducing berries either. Haven't had as much time to put into the game for a while now. I'm in no rush on the Aerodactyl right now anyway, so it's no biggie. Thank you though.

Ah, it's just these Aerodactyls would be cluttering up my boxes, anyway, so getting anything I don't have for one would be an improvement, anyway.

lupinko

I was able to get some fossil eggs in dream balls, I'll double check which ones but for certain I do have Carracosta since that is one of my VGC characters.

Muku

I guess it does make it easier, feels a bit like cheating though.

I can understand that. I'd be more inclined to use the multiple Ditto method if removing and adding Pokemon to Daycare wasn't so ugh.

Edit: Pokken Tournament.... 2015... arcade. *facedesk*

Tiamant

Finally!

10252074_10203623256834747_2544566900928726688_n.jpg

Randdalf

Urgh, I thought I was done with training my team but I didn't realise Battle Spot didn't level Pokemon to 50. A few hours of Restaurant Le Wow incoming!

Randdalf

All of those feelings will be gone once you start hatching those sexy legit 6IV pokemon you always dreamed of (or 5 if you're not OCD like me)

I already got a 6IV Shroomish without one, ironically.

edit: Loving all these breeding rejects you can get off Wonder Trade.

Azuran

Banned
Yeah, wonder trade is the best. I got an adamant marill with Aqua Jet, Superpower and Belly drum the other day, which is so convenient considering that was next on my breeding list.

celebi23

Finally beat the Elite Four!
ab245f10-2d62-11e4-8826-068eb5990048.jpeg

Might anyone be willing to help me with evolving Scyther->Scizor & Haunter->Gengar? I've got a ton of Gametstop Pikachu-Colored Pichu's and Toys R Us MYSTRY Mews to give as a thank you. Shoot me a PM if you can help me out.

Randdalf

Yeah, wonder trade is the best. I got an adamant marill with Aqua Jet, Superpower and Belly drum the other day, which is so convenient considering that was next on my breeding list.

I admit I have a wonder trade addiction. Stlll it got me a shiny Purrloin, Ludicolo and lvl 100 eevee.

I have 2 boxes full of irrelevant Dittos, pretty fun seeing what you get. I just got a Hawlucha called NACHOOO!!

I was sending Marills like that not long ago : P

Kind of curious if any of us have ever exchanged Pokemon via Wonder Trade...

Has anyone received any Wonder Trade fodder from GamerGuides?

exfatal

hey guys, i was wondering if anyone of u kind and fellow trainers is willing to trade me a corphish/crawdant with the hidden ability adaptability. I have a few good iv pokemon i can trade u, also if ur safari zone has corphish that would be cool as well. GTA is dumb so no luck with that.

got 5 iv larvesta, eevee, helioptile,sneasel, ralts, cherubi

got a bunch of others random pokes if ur looking for anything, also my safari is braxien, growlith, and i think charmelon

Plz help i need u pokegaf
if anyone has hidden ability helioptile that would be cool as well

hey guys, i was wondering if anyone of u kind and fellow trainers is willing to trade me a corphish/crawdant with the hidden ability adaptability. I have a few good iv pokemon i can trade u, also if ur safari zone has corphish that would be cool as well. GTA is dumb so no luck with that.

got 5 iv larvesta, eevee, helioptile,sneasel, ralts, cherubi

got a bunch of others random pokes if ur looking for anything, also my safari is braxien, growlith, and i think charmelon

Plz help i need u pokegaf
if anyone has hidden ability helioptile that would be cool as well

I can hook you up with one. Aqua Jet / Knock Off / Super Power / Dragon Dance egg moves, as well.

Guess I'll take a Sneasel in return, unless you're sitting on any obscure-ish hidden abilities.

Muku

I like Wonder Trade, but the entire process takes too freakin' long. That's the only reason I stopped doing it.

Agreed. Takes forever in some cases. I stopped though because of all that saving every time. Good lord. I understand why each time you enter you must save... but I became paranoid once folks started reporting issues with their saves.

Edit: Plus, once I got my X back to the hotel (was on vacation in States right after it came out) I realized it wasn't even in factory sealed wrap. Damn you Gamestop. I just bit the bullet on that one. But I fear it was already used before which is another concern.

Urgh, I thought I was done with training my team but I didn't realise Battle Spot didn't level Pokemon to 50. A few hours of Restaurant Le Wow incoming!
Battle test does auto level (you know to help check IVs and hidden power...oh how I despise hidden power both as a move and how it becomes expected*). At the same time it allows for cheese Battle Maison with level 1 Aron (even in doubles it can take the role of a decoy using protect since AI will generally go for it as it is a easy kill).

*-As in using an electric type without HP Ice is doing it wrong and not to its full potential is most cases.

Agreed. Takes forever in some cases. I stopped though because of all that saving every time. Good lord. I understand why each time you enter you must save... but I became paranoid once folks started reporting issues with their saves.
It saves twice actually for each wonder trade. Once to start and once when trade is done.

Battle test does auto level (you know to help check IVs and hidden power...oh how I despise hidden power both as a move and how it becomes expected*). At the same time it allows for cheese Battle Maison with level 1 Aron (even in doubles it can take the role of a decoy using protect since AI will generally go for it as it is a easy kill).

*-As in using an electric type without HP Ice is doing it wrong and not to its full potential is most cases.

It saves twice actually for each wonder trade. Once to start and once when trade is done.

Yeah, I'm not bothering with hidden power. I'm happy if I can get Pokémon with 5IV's, not gonna start breeding them to have any more specific numbers than that.

I did decide to get a team ready for ORAS as well, just some lvl 1 babies. I'm pretty hyped, 90% of my favorite pokémon are from Gen III.

Muku

Yeah, I'm aware it saves twice, which is why I stopped. You can say it does that for regular trades too, and that's fine. But you can WT like crazy, and those kinda saves add up. I guess I'm not sure how saving works quite on this, but I imagine you only get so many saves per the life of the cart. Maybe it's a boatload, but I dunno, I'm anal. Think someone else here stopped for same kinda reason.

Muku

My very first wondertrade and I get a Pokerus fletching. Is Pokerus that common now?

Sometimes folks throw up Pokerus Pokemon for folks just to make it easier on them. I've done that, and I've also gotten some Pokemon from it on GTS. Though fact you got it first try is luck I'd say.

Edit: Think it picked up with bank, but it's not been bad really, don't see if often.

I think I got my first Pokérus from you, Muku. Can't imagine going without it now. :lol

Aw yiss, just hatched a 6IV Fletchling. No HA, but Flame Body is more than good enough for me.

JulianImp

Finally bred a Swinub with the right IVs, so all that's left now is EVing Hoppip up, and probably a spare Scyther as well, since I lack the ev-reducing berries required to re-spec the Quick Guard Scther I have EVd up (it's got HP EVs!).

Once I've EV trained Hoppip and Scyther, all that's left is levelling them up. I'll be needing somebody who can lend me a hand to get Scyther to evolve, though.

I can't wait to try my team out (and probably get crushed until I get used to doubles)!

Muku

I think I got my first Pokérus from you, Muku. Can't imagine going without it now. :lol

Aw yiss, just hatched a 6IV Fletchling. No HA, but Flame Body is more than good enough for me.

Haha. I got my Pokerus from my Palkia that I got from a trade in Black once Bank opened up. xD

JulianImp

Alright, so Jumpluff is almost ready (still gotta grind a few levels)!

Now, could anyone help me evolve Scyther? I want to evolve it now while it's still level 1, so that I can teach it bullet punch without having to smash rocks until I get more heart scales.

Alright, so Jumpluff is almost ready (still gotta grind a few levels)!

Now, could anyone help me evolve Scyther? I want to evolve it now while it's still level 1, so that I can teach it bullet punch without having to smash rocks until I get more heart scales.

I'm online if you still need to. Also, steal Heart scales from wild Luvdisc instead, with Compoundeye lead.

I've been streaming Pokemon XY and doing viewer battles for the past few weeks. As well as doing giveaways of Shinies, 6 IV Ditto, competitives and legendaries.

Also recently got my hands on Hoopa and Volcanion, both normal and Shiny versions. Have to say, not that impressed with either of them. Hoopa is pretty technical and has low defense, and Volcanion's defense isn't great.

80/120/90 seems decent to me given that it serves as a bulky attacker.

JulianImp

Thanks for the help. Now all that's left to do is EV training Scizor and my team will be complete! Then I'll have to hope I built a decent team that doesn't get owned too easily, but I guess it just takes getting used to your team and the most common opponents you'll be facing, just like I started getting better at playing with my mono-bug team as I got into more and more matches with it.

Panzon

Gonna pick up a new 3DS XL this weekend with Pokemon X (again). Its gonna be a pain to get started all over but since the game's been out for so long I can hopefully get a lot of help from you guys and online in general. I'm hoping someone has a speed boost Torchic they can pass my way along with a few others.

BTW has there been any other event since speed boost Torchic?

Edit: Just saw a comment with someone saying they have Hoopa and Volcanion. Are these still available?

Top Bottom