• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

L.O.R.D

non hat codes for cyber gadget
MEOQCXY.jpg

TagxUG7.jpg

fDza55Q.jpg

VBuoNNh.jpg

dear Nintendo...

Azuran

Banned
Is there a reason why people use Outrage instead of Dragon Claw on Dragonite? Every moveset online and advice that I have gotten from others tell me to use that, but it just sounds to risky with Fairies hanging around. Of course, the smart thing would be to get rid of them first, but that's easier said than done, and I tend to enjoy low risk movesets >.>

Also, what's better, Earthquake or Fire Punch? This is what I'm planning on running on mine so far unless there's something better out there:

Dragonite@ Leftovers/Lum Berry?
Outrage (Dragon Claw?)
Dragon Dance
Extreme Speed
Earthquake/Fire Punch

Is there a reason why people use Outrage instead of Dragon Claw on Dragonite? Every moveset online and advice that I have gotten from others tell me to use that, but it just sounds to risky with Fairies hanging around. Of course, the smart thing would be to get rid of them first, but that's easier said than done, and I tend to enjoy low risk movesets >.>

Also, what's better, Earthquake or Fire Punch? This is what I'm planning on running on mine so far unless there's something better out there:

Dragonite@ Leftovers/Lum Berry?
Outrage (Dragon Claw?)
Dragon Dance
Extreme Speed
Earthquake/Fire Punch

Dragon Claw hits notably less than Outrage (80 for dragon claw, outrage with 120), and people would make builds that utilize that power. The confusion can be rectified with berries and other items or some people don't care about the confusion because they don't expect the pokemon to survive so it just nukes whatever is in it's way till it dies.

celebi23

So, I was in Glittering Cave, getting the post-game fossils, when this guy showed up when I smashed a rock:
onix.gif

Been playing Since Pokémon Red & this is my first Shiny that wasn't event distributed or an in-game guaranteed shiny (Red Gyarados, etc).

WOOOOOOOO!!!!

Randdalf

I played some online with my team earlier today. My word, the amount of luck involved sometimes is enough to make you foam at the mouth. My Klefki was frozen for 8 turns by a Dusclops' Ice Beam on the first move, and then my Politoed's Hypnosis missed 3 times in a row before finally landing. In this case I just ended up sweeping his team with Omastar, but another time Kabutops missed 2 Stone Edges in a row, which ended up losing me the match because I had nothing physical left to kill a Calm Mind Clefable of all things.

Muku

Edit: Just saw a comment with someone saying they have Hoopa and Volcanion. Are these still available?

Those two haven't even been released. The only legendary that has been released is Diancie and that is only in Japan right now. I should say legit anyway. I'm sure you can find hacked Diancie, Hoopa, and Volcanion though if you wanted.

celebi23

So, I've got a bunch of extra fossils and was wondering if anyone might be willing to trade me some in return.

Here's what I have (numbers indicate how many I've got):

oldamber.png
- Old Amber - 2

rootfossil.png
- Root Fossil - 8

clawfossil.png
- Claw Fossil - 6

armorfossil.png
 - Armor Fossil - 5

skullfossil.png
 - Skull Fossil - 6

coverfossil.png
  - Cover Fossil - 2

plumefossil.png
  - Plume Fossil - 1

Here's what I'm looking for (any of the below):

domefossil.png
 - Dome Fossil

helixfossil.png
 - Helix Fossil

charizarditey.png
 - Charizardite Y

aggronite.png
 - Aggronite

houndoominite.png
 - Houndoominite

mewtwonitey.png
- Mewtowonite Y

If you want to trade with me, just shoot me a PM if you're interested.

Muku

Want to facepalm every time I see someone on WT giving you a freaking Luvdisc.

Edit: Twice in a row. /facepalm

ST2K

Picked up a level 100 Shiny Moltres and a Zekrom in WT today. Pretty cool.

I would happily trade either of them, or some other legendaries I have, for a good IV Ditto though. Breeding some Pokemon to be decent is impossible without one.

Muku

WTing is so boring. I always get someones reject Pokemon that have no moves. Or their freshly caught in the wild Pokemon to get something awesome. At least names are sometimes entertaining. Just got a Litleo named LETS BATTLE. Wonder if they meant to trade that. :p

Panzon

Those two haven't even been released. The only legendary that has been released is Diancie and that is only in Japan right now. I should say legit anyway. I'm sure you can find hacked Diancie, Hoopa, and Volcanion though if you wanted.
Oh thanks. I rather wait til they are officially released since I like my legendaries legit, even if that means waiting til ORAS comes out. Gonna check if I somehow get Diance through wonder trade

Muku

Oh thanks. I rather wait til they are officially released since I like my legendaries legit, even if that means waiting til ORAS comes out. Gonna check if I somehow get Diance through wonder trade

You're welcome. Was a bit surprised someone said they had both here as well. I imagine if you get a Diancie through WT it'll be a clone or hacked one though.

Edit: Well, gave out several boxes of 5-6IV stuff with egg moves. Got to be everyone's trash can again. Meh. Another reason why I kind of stopped with WT. Everyone uses it as a trash can to dump off their old worthless stuff from the forest (or horrible breeding attempts) for something better. Out of it all, only 3 worth a look. Unfortunately, I either don't need them or I've already bred them. If anyone wants them, let me know.

Pinsir x1 (ENG)
Female - Hyper Cutter - Adamant
Superior overall with 31 in Special Defense and Speed
Egg Moves: Close Combat, Quick Attack

Dratini x1 (JPN)
Female - Marvel Scale - Bold
Superior overall with 31 in HP, Defense, Special Defense, and Speed; 0 in Special Attack
Egg Moves: Extreme Speed, Dragon Dance

Edit: Well, gave out several boxes of 5-6IV stuff with egg moves. Got to be everyone's trash can again. Meh. Another reason why I kind of stopped with WT. Everyone uses it as a trash can to dump off their old worthless stuff from the forest (or horrible breeding attempts) for something better. Out of it all, only 3 worth a look. Unfortunately, I either don't need them or I've already bred them. If anyone wants them, let me know.

Yeah, that's why I hardly wonder trade anymore. It's unrealistic to expect everyone to be sending out HA Pokemon or 5-6IV hatchlings or ones loaded with egg moves etc. It's still a buzzkill when you get yet another Blaze Charmander or vanilla Eevee hatchling etc, but it's nevertheless still stuff that some people still consider doing a service. But a frustrating amount of people still seem to do nothing but send newly caught lv2-8 junk from the game's start out in hopes of scoring in return.

Muku

Yeah, that's why I hardly wonder trade anymore. It's unrealistic to expect everyone to be sending out HA Pokemon or 5-6IV hatchlings or ones loaded with egg moves etc. It's still a buzzkill when you get yet another Blaze Charmander or vanilla Eevee hatchling etc, but it's nevertheless still stuff that some people still consider doing a service. But a frustrating amount of people still seem to do nothing but send newly caught lv2-8 junk from the game's start out in hopes of scoring in return.

It's unrealistic to be hoping everyone sends out something awesome, I agree. But I find it worst of all when folks go catch Luvdisc and send them out. What an awful Pokemon. I'd rather get Caterpie than that awful thing. Actually, anything that someone went out and caught real quick to toss on WT feels meh.

I never expected HA on WT. That would be like a miracle unto itself. Think the Lightning Rod Pichu was only HA one I got today. More interested in egg moves though. IV's usually get bred out because stuff that has moves I like don't have all that I need and I tend to have to breed further. Egg moves though is where it's at. I like Scatterbugs too, even if they are the normal run of the mill ones. Least those are interesting enough to level up.

In this run I easily got a box full of level 2-10 stuff caught in the forest which is what irks me. (Or the level 15 Luvdisc they caught for the Heart Scale then unceremoniously dump on you.) I know darn well they give crap expecting something good in return. Though I also wish if folks got crap on WT they'd release it instead of throwing it back up. The rest of the boxes of stuff I got? I released them all. Ain't worth no ones time.

Yeah, exactly.

Luvdisc are probably the absolute worst, yeah. Because 999 of every 1000 of those wonder-traded are going to be from someone who caught it for a heart scale. So these are people who know what they're doing when they send it out.

At least when it's stuff from the beginning of the game, maybe it's someone starting a Wonder Trade Nuzlocke, maybe it's a kid, etc etc. There's basically no room for that with a Luvdisc; it's someone knowingly sending out their trash and expecting to score good Pokemon in return.

Edit: Though actually I guess I'll try to help make some lemonade out of lemons here and grab that Pichu off you to try and troll my friend with it. We've traded before, right? Forgot what I gave you last time. Currently breeding Moon Ball Hoothoot with Whirlwind, Night Shade, and Feather Dance, but also have a small collection of other stuff with egg moves/HAs.

Muku

Yeah, exactly.

Luvdisc are probably the absolute worst, yeah. Because 999 of every 1000 of those wonder-traded are going to be from someone who caught it for a heart scale. So these are people who know what they're doing when they send it out.

At least when it's stuff from the beginning of the game, maybe it's someone starting a Wonder Trade Nuzlocke, maybe it's a kid, etc etc. There's basically no room for that with a Luvdisc; it's someone knowingly sending out their trash and expecting to score good Pokemon in return.

Edit: Though actually I guess I'll try to help make some lemonade out of lemons here and grab that Pichu off you to try and troll my friend with it. We've traded before, right? Forgot what I gave you last time. Currently breeding Moon Ball Hoothoot with Whirlwind, Night Shade, and Feather Dance, but also have a small collection of other stuff with egg moves/HAs.

Sure, you on now?

Edit: Pretty sure we have. Actually trying to figure out which 3DS you're on. Actually, a Hoothoot would be fantastic. I've not yet gotten around to it. -- Ahh found ya. You're on my secondary one.

Whoops, your still around? Getting on now, IGN Ulysses. I'm still in the process of breeding some, but should have a ~4IV female.

Edit: Slightly-ish better lol. 5IV, but the fifth's Atk and not SpDef.

JoeM86

Fairy Garden

R0FFgDX.png

Region: International
Registration Period: September 18th 2014 - September 25th 2014
Battle Period: September 26th 2014 - September 29th 2014
Battle Type: Single Battle
Pokémon Restrictions: Fairy-type Pokémon only
Banned Pokémon: Non-Fairy-type Pokémon, Xerneas, Diancie. Transferred Pokémon
Entry Prize: 1000 PokéMiles

This tournament is a Single Battle competition that requires you to use Pokémon that are in the National Pokédex within your team. However, there is a further twist. You can only use Fairy-type Pokémon in this competition, except for Xerneas and Diancie. Pokémon are lowered to Level 30 for this competition.

Fairy only...there isn't much selection.

Most teams will probably have something from this just for typing variety.

Gardevoir or Mr. Mime - Fairy, Psychic
Mawile or Klefki - Fairy, Steel (All teams will have one of these two just for Steel typing counter)
Azumarill - Fairy, Water (Almost guaranteed to be in all teams just for raw damage output)
Togekiss - Fairy, Flying
Whimsicott - Fairy, Grass
Insert personal preference pokemon for number 6.

Other mixed typings:

Dedenne - Fairy, Electric (Might be in all teams just to counter the expected Azumarills)
Carbink - Fairy, Rock
Wigglytuff - Fairy, Normal

The remaining are the Fairy only ones.

Clefable
Granbull
Florges
Aromatisse
Slurpuff
Sylveon

Excluded anything not final evolved.

The fairly tournament sounds fun but I've not got time to get a team ready. Say can any of those learn Poison Jab? (probably only dual types who are better might do more with their STAB). Aromatisse is good for Trick room so that is naother thing you could run into.

Wonder trade is a lot about timing. Last time I did it in the weekend I got a few more good things than usual like 5IV Pinsir with egg moves...shame I am in Y version...

Want to facepalm every time I see someone on WT giving you a freaking Luvdisc.

Edit: Twice in a row. /facepalm
Hopefully if they do it enough times they get enough Pokemiles just to buy heart scales from the PGL and have no need to ever see one in the wild again.

Wonder trade is a lot about timing. Last time I did it in the weekend I got a few more good things than usual like 5IV Pinsir with egg moves...shame I am in Y version...

Wednesday, 8:00pm EST. One of them pokemon youtube streamers does live wondertrading.

Gotten 4 shinies, 2 boxes full of different pokemon with 4 egg moves, a handful of legendaries ever since I started tracking that time for wondertrading.

jelmerjt

Awww, but congrats at the same time! :) Small victory even though that speed is being a tricky one, haha.

Thanks haha. Yup that speed, aaargh :p

A question:

I'm a big Latias fan, which version should I buy? I'm about to pre order the special edition.

ux7w06y.png

I found an oversight in the wondercard viewer (on the mystery gift menu). If you go from one Vivilion to the other (in my case they are cards 2 and 4) the game does not reload the model for the Pokemon.

I guess it would do the same with those Japanese PIkachu if say one of them was shiny and the others not or something (gender might be an interesting one too).

CassSept

Thanks haha. Yup that speed, aaargh :p

A question:

I'm a big Latias fan, which version should I buy? I'm about to pre order the special edition.

http://i.imgur.com/ux7w06y.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

Latias is Sapphire exclusive. As if you needed any other reasons for Superior Sapphire.

Renta

Banned
After about 960 eggs I finally got it.

Cbf9PhCl.jpg

But out of these eggs, it is one of the few without 6IVs and SP.D that will leave me "high and dry." Oh well. I'll take it.

Also, if anyone has a hidden ability exeggcute they'd be willing to toss my way, I'd appreciate it :)

Congrats! Shinx was my first shiny ever back in Pearl, Luxray's one of my favorite shiny colorschemes. Only a 31 SpDef and a neutral nature though since I caught it in the wild.

But no egg moves? Pretty much the only way for him to get some coverage.

Renta

Banned
Congrats! Shinx was my first shiny ever back in Pearl, Luxray's one of my favorite shiny colorschemes. Only a 31 SpDef and a neutral nature though since I caught it in the wild.

But no egg moves? Pretty much the only way for him to get some coverage.

Don't need egg moves on this one. Gonna have a pretty strange movepool to work with my new team.

After about 960 eggs I finally got it.

Cbf9PhCl.jpg

But out of these eggs, it is one of the few without 6IVs and SP.D that will leave me "high and dry." Oh well. I'll take it.

Also, if anyone has a hidden ability exeggcute they'd be willing to toss my way, I'd appreciate it :)
Congrats on the Shiny!

Do you still need an HA Exeggcute?
Got a Female in a PokeBall I can breed.

Sapphire is better because Kyogre is amazing
I love Kyorge as a pokemon, but I hate having to face it in doubles. Out of all uber level pokemon, it's the most troublesome one for my team to face, as I just don't have any good counters for it. I can handle others like Mewtwo, Darkrai, Arceus, even Mega Khan. But Kyorge? Dude completely annihilates my team.

So I know this is technically about pokemon X/Y, but what move tutor moves can we expect and how many? Will they be drastically different from gen 5?

So I know this is technically about pokemon X/Y, but what move tutor moves can we expect and how many? Will they be drastically different from gen 5?

We have absolutely no idea. Move tutors haven't even been confirmed yet, many of us just expect they're likely to return. If they do, tutor moves will probably be roughly similar to Gen 5, since there was a lot of overlap between Gen 4 and 5. But changes to the power/accuracy of some moves in Gen 6 may or may not have effect on how broadly you're able to tutor them in Gen 6; Knock Off being a prime example here - it's something you've usually been able to tutor to a ton of Pokemon, but it got a massive buff in Gen 6.

We have absolutely no idea. Move tutors haven't even been confirmed yet, many of us just expect they're likely to return. If they do, tutor moves will probably be roughly similar to Gen 5, since there was a lot of overlap between Gen 4 and 5. But changes to the power/accuracy of some moves in Gen 6 may or may not have effect on how broadly you're able to tutor them in Gen 6; Knock Off being a prime example here - it's something you've usually been able to tutor to a ton of Pokemon, but it got a massive buff in Gen 6.

This is exactly why I asked. I want Knock Off so bad for my Weavile.

Top Bottom