• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

This is exactly why I asked. I want Knock Off so bad for my Weavile.

Yeah, so it's a complete crapshoot on Knock Off. It's possible it won't return as a tutor move, it's possible that it will and a ton of monsters will have Gen VI-born access to the move, or it's possible that it will return but with a smaller pool of pokemon able to be taught it than in past generations. Nothing to do but wait and see.

Yeah, so it's a complete crapshoot on Knock Off. It's possible it won't return as a tutor move, it's possible that it will and a ton of monsters will have Gen VI-born access to the move, or it's possible that it will return but with a smaller pool of pokemon able to be taught it than in past generations. Nothing to do but wait and see.

Well I just looked and it has been available in gen 4 and 5. So hopefully it will again. Honestly I don't even need the high damage output. The utility of Knock Off alone makes it amazing. That damage is just pure icing on the cake.

Mini rant: Weavile should learn that by level up. Just feels right.

JoeM86

A Shiny Mega Gengar is coming to Japan

September 13th to October 14th
Has the special move, Sludge Wave.

Already seeing racist tweets because of it. Sigh.

Lupinko, you have an idea when you'll be online the next couple of days? I'm leaving on a trip tuesday, I'd like to get these trades sorted before then. :D

Nintendo Playstation, did you clone those stones yet? If so, same question as the above. :p

Muku

Maybe I just don't think like that... but I'm not sure what racist remarks could be made about it... :/
Is it because it's Japan only?

I'm curious about where they'll be given out at. Hopefully somewhere close to home this time. But somehow I doubt it in this podunk place.

JoeM86

Maybe I just don't think like that... but I'm not sure what racist remarks could be made about it... :/
Is it because it's Japan only?

I'm curious about where they'll be given out at. Hopefully somewhere close to home this time. But somehow I doubt it in this podunk place.

Yeah that's exactly why. Whenever I post about a Japanese event, the complaining begins and it always ends with people being racist.

Muku

Just realized it's in an ugly dusk ball. D: I'm slow today.

Well, I can understand folks frustration... but hate how it always has to degrade to racial stuff. That doesn't solve any problem. ;_;

Tiamant

I love Kyorge as a pokemon, but I hate having to face it in doubles. Out of all uber level pokemon, it's the most troublesome one for my team to face, as I just don't have any good counters for it. I can handle others like Mewtwo, Darkrai, Arceus, even Mega Khan. But Kyorge? Dude completely annihilates my team.

Storm Drain Cradily is your friend.

Storm Drain Cradily is your friend.
I think water spout and surf will still hit everything but Cradily*. But single target attacks will be redirected and canceled to Cradily.

*-Water Spout works like that in triples. One of the more annoying opponents in my streak...

Randdalf

Awesome just caught a shiny venipede, my first wild shiny started to believe you can only hatch them

I actually found my third shiny Poliwag the other day completely by accident (the first two were from chain fishing), when trying to catch a Hidden Ability one. I also accidentally found a shiny Skorupi when searching for the former two Poliwags.

lupinko

Farm Shiny...Gengar? Lol

Lupinko, you have an idea when you'll be online the next couple of days? I'm leaving on a trip tuesday, I'd like to get these trades sorted before then. :D

Nintendo Playstation, did you clone those stones yet? If so, same question as the above. :p

We should be able to coordinate but even then your stuff isn't going anywhere.

Diancie get!

Special thanks to lupinko for providing the ammo : P

And thank you for wheeling and dealing, our event haul would make everybody be jealous. Hahahahha

MegaMelon

Do people not understand that we still have a fairly decent chance of getting this, but October 31st is a long time away? Reason I say that is over here if they were to have the event they would most likely do it for Halloween right?

And thank you for wheeling and dealing, our event haul would make everybody be jealous. Hahahahha

Hehe, don't mention it (and especially not your collection lol).

It was fun to practice my Chinese for the Diancies. I think two people figured I wasn't native though; had to write "sorry, does my Chinese suck?" in Chinese in response to one XD

lupinko

Hehe, don't mention it (and especially not your collection lol).

It was fun to practice my Chinese for the Diancies. I think two people figured I wasn't native though; had to write "sorry, does my Chinese suck?" in Chinese in response to one XD

Hehe.

So I have four Diancie Wondercards sitting in my japanese x cart and y eshop respectively. And that's Japanese movie Diancie and Taiwanese movie Diancie. :D

Hopefully when I visit home next month, Gamestop Diancie will be available for me to snag. :D

And I figure you'd like shiny Mega Gengar? That's providing it's at a convenient location for me. Lol

Edit: zomg Korean Movie Sylveon is so cool!

And an adamant Diancie with 4iv, so I guess that's 5 for me. Lol

Shiny Jirachi event is the best ever! Time to farm the last two days, and then that's it.

Until next year, and I guess if they decide to do Shiny Christmas Tohoku Victini this year.

lupinko

Thanks again to celebi23 for the Bold Mystery Mew (gen 3 event) and Jolly Pikachu coloured Pichu (aka Shiny PIchu/gen 4 event).

Debating on playing ORAS with Mystery Mew, Wishmaker Jirachi, and Ageto Celebi. :D

I never use nicknames, for some reason. Prefer the original names.

Though there was that one random run of Crystal where I had a Victreebel named Glory Hole, a Sudowoodo named Morning Wood and a Miltank named The Pink Panzer.

Muku

So, as I've said before, got a few things to give out this morning. I don't care where in world you live, but this is first come, first serve. Just send a PM titled "Pokemon Stuff" and the name or # of item you're interested in. I'll go down list and let you know if it's available or if not what is still left if interested.

PokePouch_zps523e94f3.jpg

GONE #1: Pokemon pouch. I have two of these, which is why both are pictured. Plus gives you an idea what each side looks like. (Should note the white part is just an insert.)

GONE #2: Klefki keyring.

GONE #3: McDonald's Meloetta bag. This dates to late July 2012. They had Meloetta cards in Kids Meals and I went both days to get the one card on one day and the second card on the next day. This is my last extra bag from the Kids Meal thing, but would like to find it a home.

Will just be going in order of getting PMs.

Edit: Should say limit yourself to one item, please.

Hello PokéGaf, I rarely post in this but thought I'd share some awesome news. I have been playing Pokemon since Blue came out (borrowing friends devices, sadly, I didn't own a Gameboy until Ruby) but I have just caught my first Shiny whilst trying to mop up the last of the Kalos Pokédex, this beauty:
ClawitzerSpriteShiny_XY.gif

So happy! Also, I've pre-ordered the Steelbook of Alpha Sapphire as well and I'll cancel whichever one has (in my opinion) the worst Mega Pokémon, assuming some are version exclusive. Have we gotten any confirmation of version exclusives yet?

Hello PokéGaf, I rarely post in this but thought I'd share some awesome news. I have been playing Pokemon since Blue came out (borrowing friends devices, sadly, I didn't own a Gameboy until Ruby) but I have just caught my first Shiny whilst trying to mop up the last of the Kalos Pokédex, this beauty:
ClawitzerSpriteShiny_XY.gif

So happy! Also, I've pre-ordered the Steelbook of Alpha Sapphire as well and I'll cancel whichever one has (in my opinion) the worst Mega Pokémon, assuming some are version exclusive. Have we gotten any confirmation of version exclusives yet?

Grats on your first shiny, as for megas there's been no details on what is on what game yet.

Muku

GAF is family.

Seems some have gotten it. Well, at least one if you go by feedback. Not sure why anyone would do that when they could sign up at some Pokemon community somewhere. And without spending money.

Edit: ST2K, not at home right now, but can try to hook you up later (or tomorrow). Need to clone an extra as I have no extra at the moment. It's JPN.

JoeM86

Do people not understand that we still have a fairly decent chance of getting this, but October 31st is a long time away? Reason I say that is over here if they were to have the event they would most likely do it for Halloween right?

True, but to be fair, it is unlikely that this event will come out of Japan :p

Since places in the west are all reluctant to hold events, they save events for important ones: event exclusives, version exclusives for the other versions etc.

Hyunashi

And to think guys in this thread were passing them out for free. Thank god for the kindness of GAF.

Ive already seen examples of PokeGAF being incredibly generous but honestly, the Pokemon community generally seems to love helping people out with stuff. For a person who has not played since Crystal/Gold, its been a great experience getting into it again.

Randdalf

I was tempted to get Black 2 or White 2 on Amazon yesterday, but then I realised I had a sealed copy of Pokemon X I hadn't touched (since Amazon cocked up the delivery I went and got Y from a shop).

Muku

I was tempted to get Black 2 or White 2 on Amazon yesterday, but then I realised I had a sealed copy of Pokemon X I hadn't touched (since Amazon cocked up the delivery I went and got Y from a shop).

Still worth getting. I enjoyed that generation, as many others did. Though to be fair I enjoyed B/W over B/W2. Plus, you can get the legendaries and all from that game as well if you want. Though if you're worried, I'd say tackle X then if you're still feeling up to it, get Black 2 or White 2. :)

Randdalf

Still worth getting. I enjoyed that generation, as many others did. Though to be fair I enjoyed B/W over B/W2. Plus, you can get the legendaries and all from that game as well if you want. Though if you're worried, I'd say tackle X then if you're still feeling up to it, get Black 2 or White 2. :)

I've already got 200 hours on Y and I don't think X is remarkably different :p

On a similar though.
You know when people said "GTS should allow me to view stats so I don't get scammed" I can't help but think that at some levels you could just throw EVs into a Pokemon to make them appear perfect from a stats glance (though come to think of it you need have an IV total of at least 124/168 as otherwise you can't get enough EVs to fake the stats...wait I might out by a lot...).

Muku

I've already got 200 hours on Y and I don't think X is remarkably different :p

It's not. But if you're worried about having a copy sealed... :p I'm ready for ORAS though.

I think they should allow to view stats. But I'd even go as far as to say as showing without the EVs. Though in reality, their online trading system needs a complete overhaul as far as I'm concerned. It's too minimalist. But I doubt we'd ever see anything a bit more robust. Would love to be able to LF Scatterbug of a specific pattern, or HA (insert Pokemon here). Though imagine it might be too confusing for most. Would really like something better than we have now. Also, WTB last generations trade screen with symbols and all to communicate.

lupinko

Really I find you need both XY just to do more efficient breeding. Haha

Also for the event farming but that only applies to well uh me.

NA X eshop Y cart
JP Y eshop X cart

But I would go for a Gen 5 game like BW2, it'll also let you transfer gen 4 and gen 3 up to bank.

That and gen 5 has easier rng, so if you want flawless Shinies, you can do that.

Just realized that my previous collection (SS/HG/D/P/Pl) was on my White cart, and that is no where to be found.

Is there any way to get my lost legendaries? I still have W2/B2/Y,but since I haven't played in so long, this is really bumming me out.

All legendaries up to that point, my legitimate shinies (pokeradar), my Pokémon Ranch Mew.... Gone.

lupinko

Just realized that my previous collection (SS/HG/D/P/Pl) was on my White cart, and that is no where to be found.

Is there any way to get my lost legendaries? I still have W2/B2/Y,but since I haven't played in so long, this is really bumming me out.

All legendaries up to that point, my legitimate shinies (pokeradar), my Pokémon Ranch Mew.... Gone.

You mean catch them again?

Black 2 and White 2 together will give Regigigas, Regirock, Registeel, Regice, Lati@s, Mesprit, Uxie, Azelf, Heatran, Cresselia, Cobalion, Terrakion, Virizion, Reshiram, Zekrom, and Kyurem.

If you have Dream Radar you can get Tornadus, Thundurus, and Landorus. If you still have your DPPtHGSS carts when used in dream radar will give you Hidden Ability Lugia, Hooh, Dialga, Giratina, and Palkia. Also if you do this on a new save in BW2 you get them all at level 5 and that make the playthrough less of a chore since you are rocking legendaries at the start of the game. Lol

Either that or try and hope your White cart reappears. :/

lupinko

Most legendaries are easy to get, just put on some 5IV HA pokemon on the GTS. For the rest I'm indebted to PokeGAF.

Sounds like the poster wants to catch them again as opposed to getting them by trades.

Which I totally understand, the ones you breed and catch are just that more special.

JoeM86

On a similar though.
You know when people said "GTS should allow me to view stats so I don't get scammed" I can't help but think that at some levels you could just throw EVs into a Pokemon to make them appear perfect from a stats glance (though come to think of it you need have an IV total of at least 124/168 as otherwise you can't get enough EVs to fake the stats...wait I might out by a lot...).

Indeed. It sounds ridiculous but I have had people scam people like that on my site's chat.

Top Bottom