• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

Panzon

Getting my 3ds sometime today and have a quick question:

I bought a digital copy of Pokemon X way back when it launched. Will I be able to redownload it even though it was a different 3DS? I've looked online and looks like I might be able to but I just wanna double check with GAF

I bought a digital copy of Pokemon X way back when it launched. Will I be able to redownload it even though it was a different 3DS? I've looked online and looks like I might be able to but I just wanna double check with GAF
Depends. If you made an NNID on that 3DS you won't be able to log into that NNID as it is still linked to that sold 3DS (even if you formatted system transfer is the only unlink or transfer method). However, if you can get Nintendo to unlink it from the old 3DS (customer support tend to be difficult about it this unless it was stolen but it is possible) when you log back in you will have your eShop purchase history.

If you don't have an NNID, you lost the download. Hopefully you got more for selling the 3DS and hopefully the future owner appreciated the game.

Panzon

Damn sucks to hear that. I have a NNID and formatted the system before selling it. When I log into my account online it has all the details about my purchase history and all that so hopefully I can get customer service to let me get my games back.

Somebody tried to used The Pachirisu Shield™ on me in Battle Spot yesterday. Unfortunately for him I know how it works, and things didn't go as planned :p

Muku

For the new page, if anyone is interested:

So, as I've said before, got a few things to give out this morning. I don't care where in world you live, but this is first come, first serve. Just send a PM titled "Pokemon Stuff" and the name or # of item you're interested in. I'll go down list and let you know if it's available or if not what is still left if interested.

PokePouch_zps523e94f3.jpg

GONE #1: Pokemon pouch. I have two of these, which is why both are pictured. Plus gives you an idea what each side looks like. (Should note the white part is just an insert.)

Will just be going in order of getting PMs.

Edit: Should say limit yourself to one item, please.

Edit: I should note I'm not making anyone paying shipping. It's on me, which is why I'm offering this stuff. It's to clear some stuff out. :)

So have a few 4IV (I think) non shiny Togepi with nasty plot ,4 PP-UP and 3 moonstones any takers?

Edit: just to be clear the togepi's are level 1 and have metronome as well, I thought you guys like those surprise their no takers.

Anyone have an Eevee with its HA? Trying to breed an Espeon. Even better if it's timid.

Also, thinking aloud here: but putting Hyper Beam on Mega Salamence might be kinda awesome. Aerilate makes it a STAB move, it gets a 30% boost, and Mega Salemence's increased Def might allow him to survive his cooldown.

lupinko

And so ends today Tanabata 2014, I made off with over a 100 Shiny Jirachi and I still have more than 90 in storage and that is not counting the ones on my two main games and future farming cart.

Fun all around and can't wait until next year, which I'm going to guess is a Shiny again but with a different move tutor move.

Also can't wait for the likely Tohoku Victini event this year, which I'll guess is Shiny given Jirachi.

Also have 30+ Event Pinsirs lol, and 30+ Pokeball Pattern Vivillion, the latter split between the Japanese Pokemon Center and the North American Online Pokemon Center.

What's next? It's Shiny Mega Gengar and ORAS' Shiny Beldum with Mega Stone right?

Renta

Banned
Anyone have an Eevee with its HA? Trying to breed an Espeon. Even better if it's timid.

Also, thinking aloud here: but putting Hyper Beam on Mega Salamence might be kinda awesome. Aerilate makes it a STAB move, it gets a 30% boost, and Mega Salemence's increased Def might allow him to survive his cooldown.

That's some good thinkin, tex. It might catch people off guard if it ends up being less common. I run Facade on my Sylveon in a similar fashion. (everyone loves to status Sylveon)

I have a 4 IV female in a Luxury Ball. Timid too ; )

While trying to farm Light Balls, look what I caught.

Thank you based level 83 Aegislash with false swipe.

Nice ^^

Kind of related: when I was going to trade a shiny to someone, they went into the FS to grab trading fodder and the first thing they found was a shiny : P

Muku

Indeed, I have a few. Males and females, depending on which you'd like. They're 5IV but Bold. Was breeding for an Umbreon at one point.

Edit: Man, looking for Pokemon Halloween costumes on Amazon and man some of these reviews, LOL..

Hi PokéGAF. Although I was a kid when Pokémon first hit the west, I've never actually played any of the games. I'm looking to change that soon. So, I wonder if X and Y are good games for newcomers to the series, or if I'd be better off waiting for the Ruby/Sapphire remakes in November? Ideally, I'd like to start with one of these games on my 3DS, rather than hunting down old GBA/DS carts. Let me know what you think!

lupinko

Hi PokéGAF. Although I was a kid when Pokémon first hit the west, I've never actually played any of the games. I'm looking to change that soon. So, I wonder if X and Y are good games for newcomers to the series, or if I'd be better off waiting for the Ruby/Sapphire remakes in November? Ideally, I'd like to start with one of these games on my 3DS, rather than hunting down old GBA/DS carts. Let me know what you think!

Yes, XY are great for newcomers, and really get both, they will complement each other, so choose between X or Y, and then get yourself either OR or AS later.

Also PokeGAF will give you pretty much anything, so catching them all isn't even hard.

X and Y are really good games for newcomers. I would play them first.

Then maybe go back to Black/White or forward to ORAS.

And so ends today Tanabata 2014, I made off with over a 100 Shiny Jirachi and I still have more than 90 in storage and that is not counting the ones on my two main games and future farming cart.

Fun all around and can't wait until next year, which I'm going to guess is a Shiny again but with a different move tutor move.

Also can't wait for the likely Tohoku Victini event this year, which I'll guess is Shiny given Jirachi.

Also have 30+ Event Pinsirs lol, and 30+ Pokeball Pattern Vivillion, the latter split between the Japanese Pokemon Center and the North American Online Pokemon Center.

What's next? It's Shiny Mega Gengar and ORAS' Shiny Beldum with Mega Stone right?

You're crazy lol

lupinko

You're crazy lol

Can you find out the Secret IDs from my White 2 and Diamond pokes? :p

Gen 3 Events and Dream Radar Legendaries Swapmeet repost for the new page:

Wishmaker Jirachi
+TM Water Pulse
Rash
Naive
Relaxed
Lonely
Serious

-vanilla +berry
Impish x3 Salac
Quirky x5 Ganlon
Gentle Ganlon
Relaxed Salac
Docile Ganlon
Gentle Salac

Reserve: Delio - Impish Salac, BlazeBreak - Quirky TM, 7echnicolor - Rash Ganlon, Blue Ninja - Gentle TM, Hyunashi - Quirky Ganlon TM,
Ivan A Nguyen - Lax TM

Ageto Celebi
+TMs Water Pulse & Giga Drain
Gentle x2
Naughty x2
Naive
Quiet
Brave
Docile

-vanilla
Bashful
Impish
Quiet
Naive
Lonely
Quirky
Adamant

Reserve: Delio - Gentle TM, BlazeBreak - Bashful TM, 7echnicolor - Careful, Blue Ninja - Mild TM, Hyunashi - Bashful TM

Colosseum Pikachu (comes with Light Ball)

Brave/M

Reserve: Hyunashi - Sassy/F

Dream Radar Legendaries (ask for any what I have available or I can do a complete set for you with your OT name (cannot exceed 7 characters) and gender)

CorvoSol - Landorus, Tornadus
Hyunashi - Full Set

Yes, XY are great for newcomers, and really get both, they will complement each other, so choose between X or Y, and then get yourself either OR or AS later.

Also PokeGAF will give you pretty much anything, so catching them all isn't even hard.

X and Y are really good games for newcomers. I would play them first.

Then maybe go back to Black/White or forward to ORAS.

Thanks for the advice! I think I'll begin with either X or Y then. I wonder if there's any general consensus as to which version is superior?

Thanks for the advice! I think I'll begin with either X or Y then. I wonder if there's any general consensus as to which version is superior?

Hmm, they're pretty much the same. There are version exclusive Pokemon and mega stones, but as already mentioned, you can just trade for those.

I would just get whichever looks nicer: X for Xerneas, Y for Yveltal.

Can you find out the Secret IDs from my White 2 and Diamond pokes? :p

Gen 3 Events and Dream Radar Legendaries Swapmeet repost for the new page:

Wishmaker Jirachi
+TM Water Pulse
Rash
Naive
Relaxed
Lonely
Lax
Serious

-vanilla +berry
Impish x4 Salac
Quirky x5 Ganlon
Gentle Ganlon
Relaxed Salac
Docile Ganlon
Gentle Salac

Reserve: Delio - Impish Salac, BlazeBreak - Quirky TM, 7echnicolor - Rash Ganlon, Blue Ninja - Gentle TM, Hyunashi - Quirky Ganlon TM

Ageto Celebi
+TMs Water Pulse & Giga Drain
Gentle x2
Naughty x2
Naive
Quiet
Brave
Docile

-vanilla
Bashful
Careful
Impish
Quiet
Naive
Lonely
Quirky
Adamant

Reserve: Delio - Gentle TM, BlazeBreak - Bashful TM, 7echnicolor - Careful, Blue Ninja - Mild TM, Hyunashi - Bashful TM

Colosseum Pikachu (comes with Light Ball)

Brave/M

Reserve: Hyunashi - Sassy/F

Dream Radar Legendaries (ask for any what I have available or I can do a complete set for you with your OT name (cannot exceed 7 characters) and gender)

CorvoSol - Landorus, Tornadus
Hyunashi - Full Set

I can try, never tried it with XY yet so it'll be an experiment on my end lol. I'll be online in a few hours, busy with others things yet.

Muku

Just as a quick reminder, I still have x1 Pokemon Pouch left for anyone interested.
I pay shipping. :3

Gone!

lupinko

I can try, never tried it with XY yet so it'll be an experiment on my end lol. I'll be online in a few hours, busy with others things yet.

That sounds good, I can also double check on rng reporter.

I'm still trying to get shiny adamant 31 attack Rayquaza. Lol

Also trying to learn TID/SID rng for gen 3-5, to do it for RS/PtHGSS/B1B2.

Those amazing 6IV shiny modest/timid PIDs. :D

Oh right, speaking of which we still need to trade so I can give you a regular named Amaruruga.

Muku

I'm at work right now, and we can do it whenever, no rush. Lol

WORK? Dat better be lunch hour. ;) Actually hope weather hasn't been bad for yall up there. past week it's been dreary. Kind of like start of summer.

Any idea when we'll hear about stores doing the Shiny Mega Gengar deal? :( I'm dying to know.

lupinko

WORK? Dat better be lunch hour. ;) Actually hope weather hasn't been bad for yall up there. past week it's been dreary. Kind of like start of summer.

Any idea when we'll hear about stores doing the Shiny Mega Gengar deal? :( I'm dying to know.

It is lunch hour and the school lunch today was delicious, hooray for the Japanese school cafeteria system! Weather is alright, kinda bipolar so it reminds me of Vancouver and Seattle, haha.

Yeah I want to know where the Gengars will be in.

Oh right, for fun and I didn't save it, I evolved a Colosseum Pikachu. I find it funny that the name didn't update to Raichu like it would normally. So basically anyone that tries to, will get a Raichu named Pikachu. :p

Muku

It is lunch hour and the school lunch today was delicious, hooray for the Japanese school cafeteria system! Weather is alright, kinda bipolar so it reminds me of Vancouver and Seattle, haha.

Yeah I want to know where the Gengars will be in.

Oh right, for fun and I didn't save it, I evolved a Colosseum Pikachu. I find it funny that the name didn't update to Raichu like it would normally. So basically anyone that tries to, will get a Raichu named Pikachu. :p

LOL yeah, kind of feel like I'm back in Seattle with this crazy weather this summer.

OH SNAP! So Colosseum Pikachu stays with name Pikachu? That is officially awesome. Actually, do any other Pikachu do that as well?

ST2K

I'm a few hundred eggs into breeding for a shiny Staryu. Not as lucky as my shiny Growlithe's first egg, but it's not too bad at all yet.

I'm surprised shiny Staryu/Starmie don't get more love. I think they look really cool.

I'm a few hundred eggs into breeding for a shiny Staryu. Not as lucky as my shiny Growlithe's first egg, but it's not too bad at all yet.

I'm surprised shiny Staryu/Starmie don't get more love. I think they look really cool.
Analytic or Natural Cure. Apparently opponent switching counts as going first the for the sake of Analytic (if not it is weird for a fast Pokemon to have such an ability).

Knowing my luck with shinies if I tried it would get Illuminate with 0 Speed.

Analytic or Natural Cure. Apparently opponent switching counts as going first the for the sake of Analytic (if not it is weird for a fast Pokemon to have such an ability).

Going by Staryu/Starmie's speed stat with the Analytic, the first thing that came to mind was that it would work better in a Trick Room team. The high speed stat makes it a near guarantee to move last, inflicting more damage with Analytic. The only downside that I see to it is that it falls pretty quickly so maybe pairing it up with a lightning rod ability in doubles/triples can work better for it.

MattyG

Banned
I traded my copy of Y in back in January because I'd done pretty much everything in the game and couldn't see myself playing much more of it... but I reeeeeeally want to pick it up again before ORAS.

Qurupeke

I never thought that making a fairy monotype team would be that hard. Fairies are so limited compared to the other types and some of them are quite similar or gimmick... And I have to breed again for Mawile in order to pass Fire Fang... And I want it to be female too because male Mawile seems wrong. :(

Where's my gender changing item, GF?

Top Bottom