• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

Honestly all Sharpedo needs for a mega is his hidden ability, he's broken as shit with speed boost. I played around with one for a little while and so long as you play him at the right time he'll rip through entire teams.
I wonder if the would go for a Manetric style delayed mega and make the ability Moxie instead (boost then sweep or something). Setup is rarely seen in doubles which is why gamefreak care about the most though. Speed boost really is a boon and a good example of how a HA can give lesser monsters a second chance.

Muku

The participating stores for the White Gengar event have been revealed

http://www.pokemon.co.jp/ex/white-gengar/images/list_01.pdf

Basically:
●アピタ、ピアゴ(テレビゲーム取扱店舗)
●イオン、イオンスーパーセンター、ザ・ビッグ(一部店舗を除く)
●イトーヨーカドー(テレビゲーム取扱店舗)
●エディオン(一部店舗を除く)
●上新電機(一部店舗を除く)
●トイザらス(テレビゲーム取扱店舗)
●ビックカメラグループ(一部店舗を除く)
●ヤマダ電機グループ(一部店舗を除く)
●ヨドバシカメラ(アウトレット店を除く全店舗)
●ポケモンセンター(全店舗。ポケモンストアは対象外)

But some stores are exempt, hence the ridiculously unreadable list :p

Weeeeeellllllll. Fantastic, thank you for list! Just pondering at it now. Does Ito-Yokado only have some stores for games? Or is it saying those stores that have television video games have it? Hell, I've been to one in town here and don't know all they sell.

That Toys R Us and Bic could prove useful. If either one in town has it. (Probably not, knowing my luck. Should look into it.

Yodobashi isn't much help since that is in Yokohama as well as the PC. >< Time to do some digging.

Edit: Actually wondering if they'll ever release a list of stores for these you can do it at or you gotta go and hope to find an ad telling you it's that way. Nevermind, see the PDF has it.

JoeM86

Weeeeeellllllll. Fantastic, thank you for list! Just pondering at it now. Does Ito-Yokado only have some stores for games? Or is it saying those stores that have television video games have it? Hell, I've been to one in town here and don't know all they sell.

That Toys R Us and Bic could prove useful. If either one in town has it. (Probably not, knowing my luck. Should look into it.

Yodobashi isn't much help since that is in Yokohama as well as the PC. >< Time to do some digging.

Edit: Actually wondering if they'll ever release a list of stores for these you can do it at or you gotta go and hope to find an ad telling you it's that way.

Well the PDF lists exact stores that are holding it ;)

Muku

Well the PDF lists exact stores that are holding it ;)

Yeah just edited .. forgot I had it opened in another tab. Read it a second time and just missed it til I was like "What is this PDF tab.." LOL. All work today has fried mah brain.

Edit: Sweet mother of Pikachu, thank goodness. Both Toys R Us and Bic will have it here.

So, I've got a question for Lupinko, that I hope he'll be able to help me out with (maybe PM me if you see this?), but...

Is Pokemon Bank region locked? For example, if I purchase a New 3DS from Japan, and a physical copy of Omega Ruby, will I be able to place the cartridge into my US 3DS to access its PokeBank? I know that it doesn't care about what language the game is in, and correctly displays JP Pokemon names, but I'm wondering if having a straight up Japanese Region version of the game will prevent me from transferring my Pokemon.
The answer will more or less determine if I import a system or not.

EDIT: Actually it seems Wikipedia had the answer! JP New 3DS it is!

Infinite

Does anyone have the Tynamo line (either Tynamo, Eeletrik, and Eelektross) for trade? If they have have the move Knock Off that would be preferred but I'll take it with out it.

Yep, Pokemon Bank isn't region locked like that and is the sole reason why 3DS's can recognize other regions XY carts but can't actually play them.

Azuran

Banned
Does anyone have the Tynamo line (either Tynamo, Eeletrik, and Eelektross) for trade? If they have have the move Knock Off that would be preferred but I'll take it with out it.

I can go into W2 and get you one with the move, but it's probably going to have crappy stats since there's no way I'm going back to Gen V breeding ever again.

Bring back Move Tutors please :(

Infinite

I can go into W2 and get you one with the move, but it's probably going to have crappy stats since there's no way I'm going back to Gen V breeding ever again.

Bring back Move Tutors please :(

yeeeah. I see. It's probably not even worth it then. I'll wait for ORAS to see if they bring back the move tutor. Until then a lot of pokemon is just not gonna have knock off in game.

Azuran

Banned
yeeeah. I see. It's probably not even worth it then. I'll wait for ORAS to see if they bring back the move tutor. Until then a lot of pokemon is just not gonna have knock off in game.

I'm sure there's someone out there that may do this request. I would do it for you if I could, but I transferred all of my stuff to X, and I really don't want to start breeding from scratch again.

I wish I could go back in time to a month or so ago and slap myself for not thinking ahead.

Muku

Yeah, that's the beautiful part about Pokebank. I breed Monsoon Scatterbug on my JPN X and initially would do the slow process of transferring until I realized you can just bank 'em. Saves so much time. Especially since I tend to breed for Sandstorms on my US Y a box at a time as well.

Though, because I tend to be stingy with the BP, I tend to put my US Y or US X in first to nab the BP (or if you want Miles) first, then back out and put in your JPN game. But if you don't care, then just go at it right from the get go.

Panzon

Hey guys just finished the game and was wondering if someone can hook me up with a 6IV ditto to get started with breeding. I don't have a copy of black/white 2 anymore so have no idea how I'm gonna get some of the hidden abilities. Any tips?

Please pm me or add me. Friend code is in profile. Thanks

Azuran

Banned
Hey guys just finished the game and was wondering if someone can hook me up with a 6IV ditto to get started with breeding. I don't have a copy of black/white 2 anymore so have no idea how I'm gonna get some of the hidden abilities. Any tips?

Please pm me or add me. Friend code is in profile. Thanks

For hidden abilities, just ask for what you need here. I'm sure we can easily hook you up with anything.

Panzon

For hidden abilities, just ask for what you need here. I'm sure we can easily hook you up with anything.
OK I'll just ask for 4 for now (of course the list is much longer)

-Yamask
-Infrrnape (iron fist)
-Speed Boost torchic
-Ditto (6IV if possible)

Muku

-Yamask
-Infrrnape (iron fist)
-Speed Boost torchic
-Ditto (6IV if possible)

Luckily, I have some to help you with. I have a 6IV JPN Ditto and a 5IV (with some egg moves) Chimchar with Iron Fist. I'd like to help on Speed Boost Torchic, but I haven't gotten around to breeding the two I have. >< One day.. LOL.

Edit: Anyone here have a HA Aerodactyl? Don't have anything outrageous for it right now, but tired of stupid people who can't/refuse to read on GTS.

Panzon

Luckily, I have some to help you with. I have a 6IV JPN Ditto and a 5IV (with some egg moves) Chimchar with Iron Fist. I'd like to help on Speed Boost Torchic, but I haven't gotten around to breeding the two I have. >< One day.. LOL.

Edit: Anyone here have a HA Aerodactyl? Don't have anything outrageous for it right now, but tired of stupid people who can't/refuse to read on GTS.
I'm online right now if you're up for it. I don't have anything good to return though since I just finished the game :(

Muku

-Yamask
-Infrrnape (iron fist)
-Speed Boost torchic
-Ditto (6IV if possible)

I could take a HA Chimchar for it, if you want (maybe female for female?).

Only have 2 HA Chimchar.. and both are male. Been forever since I bred them. Actually give me a moment, let me check my 6IV stock... Edit: Ugh, no 6IV Chim's at all.

Edit: Panzon, alright, give me a couple of moments. And no worries. Just like to help folks out.

JulianImp

Only have 2 HA Chimchar.. and both are male. Been forever since I bred them. Actually give me a moment, let me check my 6IV stock...

Edit: Panzon, alright, give me a couple of moments. And no worries. Just like to help folks out.

If you don't happen to have any females, then I'm fine with trading for a male.

Panzon

Only have 2 HA Chimchar.. and both are male. Been forever since I bred them. Actually give me a moment, let me check my 6IV stock... Edit: Ugh, no 6IV Chim's at all.

Awesome man thanks. I don't need any of them to be 6IV except for ditto. I just care about the hidden abilities

Muku

If you don't happen to have any females, then I'm fine with trading for a male.

Works for me.

Panzon, the Chimchar is 5IV. But that's only because I kept around a few HA nice IV ones. (Comes with Thunder, Fire, and Focus Punch)

Edit: Panzon, my FC is in my profile. Use non JPN one :)

Modest.

Are you talking other requests? I would like Jolly Zangoose and a Jolly Weavile both with knock-off and pursuit and low kick on the Weavile .
No, the Eelektrik will be enough of a pain in the ass to get for you as it is.

Should be able to get that sometime this weekend.

Azuran

Banned

-Yamask
-Infrrnape (iron fist)
-Speed Boost torchic
-Ditto (6IV if possible)

I can help you out with the Torchic if you still need. Thankfully, I have an extra perfect HA one with Baton Pass.

lupinko

So, I've got a question for Lupinko, that I hope he'll be able to help me out with (maybe PM me if you see this?), but...

Is Pokemon Bank region locked? For example, if I purchase a New 3DS from Japan, and a physical copy of Omega Ruby, will I be able to place the cartridge into my US 3DS to access its PokeBank? I know that it doesn't care about what language the game is in, and correctly displays JP Pokemon names, but I'm wondering if having a straight up Japanese Region version of the game will prevent me from transferring my Pokemon.
The answer will more or less determine if I import a system or not.

EDIT: Actually it seems Wikipedia had the answer! JP New 3DS it is!

No, Pokebank is not region locked.

Also every store near me has white Gengar. Haha

Does anyone else just enjoy running around the safari zone looking for random shinies? I don't know what it is but there's this simple joy in finding a random, competitively terrible, shiny. I hope the friend safari makes a return in ORAS. All the bonus points if the friend code mappings would change, so that your friend safari would be different for ORAS and XY.

Charizardite X
Absolite
Lucarionite
Sun Stone x 2
Moon Stone x 3
PP-Max
PP-Up
Yelvtal
Zygarde
Xerneas
And a lot of 5-6 HA Togepi's

I would like to have the moon stones and one togepi, please. I need to fill my pokedex and everytime i do the super training i get everything but moon stones =(.

Whoa, I didn't know you could Wonder Trade with the same person, although I guess it makes more sense than the other way round.

Only noticed when I got two Fletchlings with a number for their nickname in the same box.

Whoa, I didn't know you could Wonder Trade with the same person, although I guess it makes more sense than the other way round.

Only noticed when I got two Fletchlings with a number for their nickname in the same box.

Yup, it happened to me as well. Got my Swablu back from Wonder Trading it, it must have been destiny so I decided to keep it.

lupinko

It took me long enough, but I finally did it, AMERICA FUCK YEAH!

4K57VCa.jpg

Oblig.

http://youtu.be/YbSR7wgXF3c

Edit: I'll go for Shiny Groudon next because I can get the adamant Shiny just like Rayquaza, I can do the same for Kyogre as there is a novelty to a physical one, and the only other shiny I can rng on this card that won't take a bajillion years is Mild. Although the mild shiny spread doesn't have as good stats, the Adamant spread has attack at 31.

Dereck

I didn't even know the ability existed until a Manectric absorbed one of my attacks in a double match that wasn't even directed at it.

There's a lot I don't know about Pokemon these days.

Top Bottom