• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

Ok, I think I'm ready to take this to the next level; I have added my name to the FC list.

Please let me know if I did it right (I have Y), and if I can add you. :)

lupinko

I think I'd go Quiet.

Ok, I'm trying to RNG Shiny Adamant Groudon right now, so it looks like this:

Shiny Adamant Groudon
Shiny Adamant Kyogre (mainly because of this specific spread)
Shiny Quiet Regice
Shiny Careful Registeel (with Seismic Toss)
Shiny Adamant Regirock

Muku

Ok, I'm trying to RNG Shiny Adamant Groudon right now, so it looks like this:

Shiny Adamant Groudon
Shiny Adamant Kyogre (mainly because of this specific spread)
Shiny Quiet Regice
Shiny Careful Registeel (with Seismic Toss)
Shiny Adamant Regirock

Sounds good. You've got, just Rayquaza down now? You'll definitely be busy until ORAS, hah/

Also, you see any notices or anything where the Shiny Mega Gengar is being given out at any of the places for you? Went to Bic yesterday but you wouldn't even know at end of week (it's Sept 13 it starts, right?) that they're having any Pokemon event.

lupinko

Sounds good. You've got, just Rayquaza down now? You'll definitely be busy until ORAS, hah/

Also, you see any notices or anything where the Shiny Mega Gengar is being given out at any of the places for you? Went to Bic yesterday but you wouldn't even know at end of week (it's Sept 13 it starts, right?) that they're having any Pokemon event.

Yeah I got shiny adamant rayquaza, I'm using the same adamant shiny spread for everybody else. I just hit 35593rd frame for groudon, the shiny adamant frame is 35596. I understand it better now, I also want to get a shiny adamant beldum from Steven haha.

It's not the best of spreads but it's 23/31/19/5/4/7 HP Steel.

Not yet, but looking at the PDF Joe linked all the major places in downtown near me will have it. I didn't go to downtown today since I went to the movies to watch the new Lupin movie, which was really good! My only beef was that they dubbed over all the foreign actors, and what's worse is it looked like the Japanese actors were dubbed over themselves when communicating with the foreign actors.

It was a good movie that stands on its own tho, part Lupin 3rd, part Cruisemissile MI, part Rush Hour 1.

The guy who directed Versus and the cut scenes for Twin Snakes made the movie.

Edit: Ha, just hit frame 35598, hopefully I can hit the shiny frame soon.

Muku

Yeah I got shiny adamant rayquaza, I'm using the same adamant shiny spread for everybody else. I just hit 35593rd frame for groudon, the shiny adamant frame is 35596. I understand it better now, I also want to get a shiny adamant beldum from Steven haha.

It's not the best of spreads but it's 23/31/19/5/4/7 HP Steel.

Not yet, but looking at the PDF Joe linked all the major places in downtown near me will have it. I didn't go to downtown today since I went to the movies to watch the new Lupin movie, which was really good! My only beef was that they dubbed over all the foreign actors, and what's worse is it looked like the Japanese actors were dubbed over themselves when communicating with the foreign actors.

It was a good movie that stands on its own tho, part Lupin 3rd, part Cruisemissile MI, part Rush Hour 1.

The guy who directed Versus and the cut scenes for Twin Snakes made the movie.

Edit: Ha, just hit frame 35598, hopefully I can hit the shiny frame soon.

Oh snap, forgot about the Lupin movie. Though will have to hold out on that. Later this week going to see Guardians of the Galaxy. (Finally, sheesh.)

Damn, good luck on it! So close...

lupinko

I just hit 35597! Lol

Think Dialga and Palkia (and Giratina, who knows maybe Arceus?) will be in ORAS?

FRLG had Hooh and Lugia, although neither were exclusive to each version but only attainable by event.

HGSS had Kyogre and Groudon (if traded to the other version, you get Rayquaza).

Edit: I want to find out if the preorder goodies from the Pokemon Center also apply to digital, because I want one digital and one cart for my JP games, and likewise for my NA.

Muku

I just hit 35597! Lol

Think Dialga and Palkia (and Giratina, who knows maybe Arceus?) will be in ORAS?

FRLG had Hooh and Lugia, although neither were exclusive to each version but only attainable by event.

HGSS had Kyogre and Groudon (if traded to the other version, you get Rayquaza).

Edit: I want to find out if the preorder goodies from the Pokemon Center also apply to digital, because I want one digital and one cart for my JP games, and likewise for my NA.

What preorder goodies are we talking about here? Not sure if out of loop or what now, haha.

I imagine event Pokemon would stay event, yeah? Though another Arceus would be awesome. Kind of wonder if they'll include Regigigas.

lupinko

What preorder goodies are we talking about here? Not sure if out of loop or what now, haha.

I imagine event Pokemon would stay event, yeah? Though another Arceus would be awesome. Kind of wonder if they'll include Regigigas.

If you preorder from a pokemon Center, in addition to the toys and quick ball download codes, you get these posters and art book.

http://www.pokemon.co.jp/info/2014/09/140904_p01.html?ep002=news

Gaf should I go JP OR eshop / AS cart and NA OR cart / AS eshop?

It would have been easier if Nintendo of America just did coloured boxes like Europe and Asia.

Edit: fuck, no toys with the download, both carts then. I'll just sell the other cart or something.

Hey guys, I'm back. Lupinko, Nintendo Playstation, if you're on, let's trade that Light Ball/Mega Stones. :D

And if I recall correctly, somebody was going to send me a HA Eevee too, right?

Hey guys, I'm back. Lupinko, Nintendo Playstation, if you're on, let's trade that Light Ball/Mega Stones. :D

Yup, I think that was me. Will you be here same(ish) time tomorrow?

I noticed your message kind of late and I need to leave soon.

Muku

If you preorder from a pokemon Center, in addition to the toys and quick ball download codes, you get these posters and art book.

http://www.pokemon.co.jp/info/2014/09/140904_p01.html?ep002=news

Gaf should I go JP OR eshop / AS cart and NA OR cart / AS eshop?

It would have been easier if Nintendo of America just did coloured boxes like Europe and Asia.

Edit: fuck, no toys with the download, both carts then. I'll just sell the other cart or something.

Ahh, didn't know about that. Guess not living close enough to one wouldn't really find out about it. Too much trouble to preorder from one. Would be better if you could preorder/pay up front there, then they ship it. JPN version of game won't be my main priority either, it'll be ORAS in ENG first. Ah well.

lupinko

At work right now, sorry.

Ahh, didn't know about that. Guess not living close enough to one wouldn't really find out about it. Too much trouble to preorder from one. Would be better if you could preorder/pay up front there, then they ship it. JPN version of game won't be my main priority either, it'll be ORAS in ENG first. Ah well.

I think the toys and download code is available anywhere or something that sells the retail cart. I live like a 20-30 min walk from my PC (less than 10 min subway/walk), so it's no hassle for me.

You need more games for your Charizard 3DS LL! It's not like you can't change the language setting for the game anyway. :p

Lol

Muku

At work right now, sorry.

I think the toys and download code is available anywhere or something that sells the retail cart. I live like a 20-30 min walk from my PC (less than 10 min subway/walk), so it's no hassle for me.

You need more games for your Charizard 3DS LL! It's not like you can't change the language setting for the game anyway. :p

Lol

I like playing in Japanese. Mainly for fact that it gives me a Pokemon from a different region if I need it. :p I'm going to get one of them for my LL, just not sure when. Initially going to get AS in ENG. Probably won't bother with OR until I beat it. Or ask for it for Christmas. xD That's how I ended up with ENG copy of Y. Of course now I just need many copies of a game, so it's just a matter of time now haha.

Been tempted with Pokemon AA since it's been out here a while for my 'Zard LL, but just decided to wait. Same with the second Thearythm game. But I'll probably end up only playing Pokemon on it. Hell, my handhelds usually become Pokemon central, haha. Though have a couple games this time around that are worthy of being played sprinkled in.

I was hoping this past Pokemon lottery thing at 7-11 they'd have an LL on prize list to try with tickets. If I recall right previous one had an Eevee one. Would still kill to have Charizard XL though. Curse you NOA.

lupinko

I like playing in Japanese. Mainly for fact that it gives me a Pokemon from a different region if I need it. :p I'm going to get one of them for my LL, just not sure when. Initially going to get AS in ENG. Probably won't bother with OR until I beat it. Or ask for it for Christmas. xD That's how I ended up with ENG copy of Y. Of course now I just need many copies of a game, so it's just a matter of time now haha.

Been tempted with Pokemon AA since it's been out here a while for my 'Zard LL, but just decided to wait. Same with the second Thearythm game. But I'll probably end up only playing Pokemon on it. Hell, my handhelds usually become Pokemon central, haha. Though have a couple games this time around that are worthy of being played sprinkled in.

I was hoping this past Pokemon lottery thing at 7-11 they'd have an LL on prize list to try with tickets. If I recall right previous one had an Eevee one. Would still kill to have Charizard XL though. Curse you NOA.

So speaking of ORAS again, which cart would I keep, AS or OR for JP? And which becomes digital?

That or I just go full bananas, get another cart X NA and a cart Y JP down the line!

Haha 6 copies of each. :/

Could just do that, in general.

So far what I have with me for mainline games are:

Ruby NA x2
Ruby JP
Sapphire NA x2
Emerald NA
LeafGreen NA x2
Diamond NA
Pearl NA
Platinum NA
HeartGold JP
SoulSilver NA
Black JP
White NA
Black 2 NA
White 2 NA
X eshop NA
Y cart NA
X cart JP
Y eshop JP

I could just go with 6 games each gen this time around. :p

Obviously I wouldn't buy them all right away or anything. I'm in the reverse boat as you since I have two JP 3DS and one NA 3DS, although once I get my XY LL back I'm going to trade in/sell my reg 3DS toward a purchase of the new 3DS next month.

I'm also tempted to buy the LE blue Smash XL which is North America only (maybe PAL too?) when I go home later this month. Mainly because my red XL is getting old (still strong but I think the R trigger is getting gummy sorta, not as clicky).

It's also cool to show that off since it won't exist in Japan! Lol

Edit: I'll just go full pokeretard, I'll get 6 games for this gen. So 2 carts 1 eshop for both JP and NA.

Now that's settled, I guess I'll go JP eshop AS, JP carts ORAS, NA eshop OR, NA carts ORAS. I'll need to get around buying the Y JP cart and X NA cart. So I can also play them in different languages. Would be fun to use to practice my German and Italian too in addition to my Japanese! Lol

Vilifier

Neo Member
Wonder Trade is kind of addictive, mainly get trash but occasionally get decent breeding rejects. Got my first legendary through it. I was very surprised when Mewtwo appeared for my Pinsir breeding reject.

Muku

Damn lupinko, lol. I kind of want to go digital but meh buying cards here is difficult and bit more than card itself. Only exception I made was to pay for PokeBank. Best $5 a year investment ever.

I used to collect more than one game each generation. Then came RS and I hated that gen. Though kind of want to find Emerald now. Also want to pick up a Black JPN copy a some point for giggles. Enjoyed B over B2. Though tempted to get another copy of Y. Sounds crazy. x_x. Mainly for farming stuff. Would be my restart copy.

lupinko

Damn lupinko, lol. I kind of want to go digital but meh buying cards here is difficult and bit more than card itself. Only exception I made was to pay for PokeBank. Best $5 a year investment ever.

I used to collect more than one game each generation. Then came RS and I hated that gen. Though kind of want to find Emerald now. Also want to pick up a Black JPN copy a some point for giggles. Enjoyed B over B2. Though tempted to get another copy of Y. Sounds crazy. x_x. Mainly for farming stuff. Would be my restart copy.

Some konbini sell digital cheaper than others, like I was able to buy Kirby Triple Deluxe cheaper than the regular eshop price / other konbini price / non-sale cart Yodobashi price.

You just have to shop around.

RSE is not so bad, if you have all three starters and Jirachi (and since no national dex restriction, RS can let you start with starters from Kanto and Johto in addition to Hoenn, and Celebi too with Jirachi, I'm going to do that for my RNG'ed Japanese Ruby and (when I buy it)Sapphire games, as it's obvious, I use the four NA RS carts to farm the Gen 3 events). Also even if you don't break the game like that, Emerald is a really good game in general as expected as the revision. Just like Crystal and Platinum.

Also RNG the legendaries in those games is easy (with the dead battery especially) and based on XY, it's quite likely that Hoenn's legendaries will be shiny locked in ORAS.

Now while I'm crazy to do this for Hoenn, I will not do this for Sinnoh. If there was no MPR to farm Mew, then there would be ZERO reason to play those games. The engine is so bad it can die in a fire. Sinnoh is cool tho that's why Platinum is such a great game, because it didn't move like molasses. And why a turn based rpg runs at below 20fps is beyond me.

Muku

Some konbini sell digital cheaper than others, like I was able to buy Kirby Triple Deluxe cheaper than the regular eshop price / other konbini price / non-sale cart Yodobashi price.

You just have to shop around.

RSE is not so bad, if you have all three starters and Jirachi (and since no national dex restriction, RS can let you start with starters from Kanto and Johto in addition to Hoenn, and Celebi too with Jirachi, I'm going to do that for my RNG'ed Japanese Ruby and (when I buy it)Sapphire games, as it's obvious, I use the four NA RS carts to farm the Gen 3 events). Also even if you don't break the game like that, Emerald is a really good game in general as expected as the revision. Just like Crystal and Platinum.

Also RNG the legendaries in those games is easy (with the dead battery especially) and based on XY, it's quite likely that Hoenn's legendaries will be shiny locked in ORAS.

Now while I'm crazy to do this for Hoenn, I will not do this for Sinnoh. If there was no MPR to farm Mew, then there would be ZERO reason to play those games. The engine is so bad it can die in a fire. Sinnoh is cool tho that's why Platinum is such a great game, because it didn't move like molasses. And why a turn based rpg runs at below 20fps is beyond me.

You can't use JPN money cards for US store. Sorry meant the money cards rather than digital games cards. Have to buy us store cards online and always gotta buy it at a higher price. Though not sure I could even access store on my Zard LL. I don't have it connected to an NNID. Never bother setting one up here.

My problem with RS is it was awful. Boring and water filled Borden. I hated the diving. I hated the swimming. To be honest I don't care for water routes in pokemon games in general. Just hate them. Fights every time you move it feels like. I hope it gets a bit better in ORAS but not betting on it.

lupinko

You can't use JPN money cards for US store. Sorry meant the money cards rather than digital games cards. Have to buy us store cards online and always gotta buy it at a higher price. Though not sure I could even access store on my Zard LL. I don't have it connected to an NNID. Never bother setting one up here.

My problem with RS is it was awful. Boring and water filled Borden. I hated the diving. I hated the swimming. To be honest I don't care for water routes in pokemon games in general. Just hate them. Fights every time you move it feels like. I hope it gets a bit better in ORAS but not betting on it.

Ah ok, well I only really like the gba games because they're 60fps. Lol

Kanto is a good nostalgia trip tho. Too bad we won't ever see 60fps Pokemon ever again. :(

I mean FULL 60fps, not Gen 5's battle only 60fps.

Muku

Yeah, with 3D can give that up. Though strangely enough 60 fps isn't a sticking point for me. However, even with 3d turned off and encountering hordes the fps is atrocious enough to bother me. Wish I brought my 3ds today to breed. Ah well.

As far as languages go, it seems I need to preorder both Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire to get Toys 'R' Us's cool plushie offer. This means I have to decide which one to make JPN again.

I think I'll go girl and English for OR and boy and JPN for AS.

lupinko

Oh right, since I already have my own Shiny (and Adamant!) Rayquaza sitting in Gen 3, i no longer need the brave Shiny Rayquaza Muku gave me, so if anyone wants it, just ask.

Panzon

Oh right, since I already have my own Shiny (and Adamant!) Rayquaza sitting in Gen 3, i no longer need the brave Shiny Rayquaza Muku gave me, so if anyone wants it, just ask.
I'd love to get my hands on an adamant one. Currently have a shiny serious rayquaza but can't really use that in battle :(

If anyone has a jolly or adamant one I'd like to clone it and give it right back

lupinko

I'd love to get my hands on an adamant one. Currently have a shiny serious rayquaza but can't really use that in battle :(

If anyone has a jolly or adamant one I'd like to clone it and give it right back

Yeah, but that's not going anywhere and will not be cloned either. Lol

What does gaf think about the legendary birds with hasty? It's the only decent shiny frame I can work with on this LG game.

Unless I want to wait 3 hours per attempt at a shiny modest. LOL

Edit: It appears it's a bit more complicated than Emerald, I'll read about this more.

JoeM86

North American events. Both Serial Code in Gamestop

First, from October 13th to October 26th, you'll be able to get a serial code for a special Shiny Gengar which comes holding the Gengarite item.
Second, from October 27th to November 16th, you'll finally be able to receive the Mythical Pokémon Diancie.

First, from October 13th to October 26th, you'll be able to get a serial code for a special Shiny Gengar which comes holding the Gengarite item.
Second, from October 27th to November 16th, you'll finally be able to receive the Mythical Pokémon Diancie.

Dude, you're doing
Poke
Gods work! Thanks for the heads up and Serebii is awesome.

I hope you decide to run/create a doubles version of what Smogon does with Singles, it will open the door for so many more Pokes to be use competively.

JoeM86

glRRtIv.png

Dude, you're doing
Poke
Gods work! Thanks for the heads up and Serebii is awesome.

I hope you decide to run/create a doubles version of what Smogon does with Singles, it will open the door for so many more Pokes to be use competively.

I have considered it, though really Nugget Bridge does deal with Doubles.

It's a nice bit of symbiosis really. I deal with all the facts and data behind it, and Smogon & Nugget Bridge have more of the theory.

Not to say that I don't jump on the theory though, as the site does and I am pushing it hard.

Glad you like the site though :)

I didn't think we'd get the Gengar event. Guess that one is going to ORAS.

Meanwhile, last night I ran into a guy using Greninja with sub, double team and leftovers! Very annoying to kill until I used my own Gengar to perish song it. Granted it was his last pokemon but still, I could have only imagined how it could have gone bad very fast had I not had Gengar with me.

Top Bottom