• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

MegaMelon

Not too fussed about the event being GAME exclusive, assuming that's how it'll be given to us. I recall there being a second chance event for Keldeo ages ago so it would be nice if they did one of those again. Seeing as I missed the meloetta GAME download :(

I live nowhere near a Gamestop, can someone pick up an extra for me, we can work out a trade before the event happens by PM.
Or wait, how do you get the serial codes?

Yeah, I should be on.

I sent you a PM, but I should be around 11:30 PM GMT +1, which is almost a hour from this point.

Also, niiiiice Shiny Gengar event. Diancie I expected, but not Shiny Gengar at all.

Just have to cross my fingers so that Europe doesn't get the shaft... I can trade for them, but it's much easier if I can get them myself : P

I sent you a PM, but I should be around 11:30 PM GMT +1, which is almost a hour from this point.

Also, niiiiice Shiny Gengar event. Diancie I expected, but not Shiny Gengar at all.

Just have to cross my fingers so that Europe doesn't get the shaft... I can trade for them, but it's much easier if I can get them myself : P

I'll be around.

Hey guys, I know the Gengar and Diancie promotions haven't started yet, but I wanted to make arrangements in advance. Could someone possibly please grab two extra codes for each giveaway for my partner and I? We are in Australia but have imported 3DS consoles and copies of the game. We can only use U.S codes. I'd be happy to pay a couple of dollars for each code for the trouble. In all I'm after two Gengar and two Diancie.

lupinko

Oh I'll say it right now, if anyone can snag me a Gamestop Diancie code since it'll be after my trip. I will offer you both a Timid or Modest Wishmaker Jirachi and a Timid or Modest or Calm or Bold Ageto Celebi.

And I can give both TM Water Pulse, and TM Giga Drain for Celebi.

You can choose the nature and if you want the TMs. These are not cloned and untrained, Jirachi @ Level 5 and Celebi @ Level 10.

Although I am also just going to ask friends back in the US and Canada, and I already have 6 Diancie (3 Japanese Movie, 3 Taiwanese Movie).

lupinko

Is there a limit to how many serial codes you can get?

That's probably up to your local store.

But to use in your game to redeem, it's very likely it's 1 per save unless you restart your save to farm witth another code.

One of the only serial codes I've seen and used myself that can be redeemed multiple times on a single save was Japanese movie Darkrai.

L.O.R.D

That's probably up to your local store.

But to use in your game to redeem, it's very likely it's 1 per save unless you restart your save to farm witth another code.

One of the only serial codes I've seen and used myself that can be redeemed multiple times on a single save was Japanese movie Darkrai.

lupinko , why you don't back up your save before you apply any code ?
this way you can made alot of legit events without restarting the game

lupinko

lupinko , why you don't back up your save before you apply any code ?
this way you can made alot of legit events without restarting the game

I don't own cyber gadget or power saves, and your idea doesn't work if I am at the event in person. Yes, I'm really going to bring my laptop to the pokemon center or movie theater to do event farming.

Muku

Well, the US White M. Gengar and Diancie would be cool, but meh. Serial code at the worst place ever? Meh, but not surprising. I could try to get my dad to go and pick up, but that might be a bit of a miracle in and of itself, haha.

Panzon

North American events. Both Serial Code in Gamestop

First, from October 13th to October 26th, you'll be able to get a serial code for a special Shiny Gengar which comes holding the Gengarite item.
Second, from October 27th to November 16th, you'll finally be able to receive the Mythical Pokémon Diancie.

This is great news. Thanks.

PS: Your site is awesome and its my go to site. Keep up the great work

Anyways, i have a shiny Japanese Kyogre I dont really need and am looking for a Yamask with Pain Split, Nasty plot and Knock Off. If someone has this I will gladly give you this Kyogre. Don't really have much else to offer so I'm hoping one of you can come through

lupinko

Well, the US White M. Gengar and Diancie would be cool, but meh. Serial code at the worst place ever? Meh, but not surprising. I could try to get my dad to go and pick up, but that might be a bit of a miracle in and of itself, haha.

I already asked three of my friends back home to nab me those codes, looking to ask a fourth. Haha

Diancie better have a lot of use in the metagame since what am I going to do with 10 of her? Lolololol

Yeah I like having multiple mon with different move sets and nature/EV builds. Better than just retraining the same mon which is annoying.

That sounds good, I can also double check on rng reporter.

I'm still trying to get shiny adamant 31 attack Rayquaza. Lol

Also trying to learn TID/SID rng for gen 3-5, to do it for RS/PtHGSS/B1B2.

Those amazing 6IV shiny modest/timid PIDs. :D

Been trying to get the gen 6 tools to work but they keep giving me errors so the best I can figure out are IV's. The actual dumping of all the data doesn't work so I can't get to the SID's. Maybe if newer tools come out then I can get it to work but till then I'm hitting deadends. Powersaves might be more successful than a regular digital save.

ROM's on the other hand are easy to get the SID's from =P

lupinko

Been trying to get the gen 6 tools to work but they keep giving me errors so the best I can figure out are IV's. The actual dumping of all the data doesn't work so I can't get to the SID's. Maybe if newer tools come out then I can get it to work but till then I'm hitting deadends. Powersaves might be more successful than a regular digital save.

ROM's on the other hand are easy to get the SID's from =P

Oh ok, well I could try to figure out my SID in Diamond by catching Drifloon over and over when soft resetting? I think that's how it's determined looking at various spreads and whatnot.

Unless someone has figured out KeyBV to see the SIDs in Gen 6.

Oh and I'm trying to get 31 attack shiny adamant Groudon now since Rayquaza was already caught. :D

Anyone competing in the fairy battle this month? Me and a guy at work have started to build teams and are looking forward to it. I was curious if anyone else was going to try as well. If so, what is your team going to be? I haven't settled on a final team but I am breeding a synchronoise guardivar (i dont think I spelled any of that right).

Muku

I already asked three of my friends back home to nab me those codes, looking to ask a fourth. Haha

Diancie better have a lot of use in the metagame since what am I going to do with 10 of her? Lolololol

Yeah I like having multiple mon with different move sets and nature/EV builds. Better than just retraining the same mon which is annoying.

Plus you can't just go back and SR for a new nature , LOL. Think friend of mine that could do it for me doesn't live close enough to a Gamestop to do it.

lupinko

Plus you can't just go back and SR for a new nature , LOL. Think friend of mine that could do it for me doesn't live close enough to a Gamestop to do it.

Yep, also this is important for legendary and mythical pokemon too.

I've already got four friends willing to help me, I'm going to ask two more. I find it funny this help for me comes from six different cities in one province and three states, haha.

Growlie19

Glad we're finally getting Diancie, but my little brother isn't gonna like the shiny Gengar promotion. Now the Gengar he found in Platinum (our only Sinnoh shiny) won't be as special.
At least now he knows how I felt when the shiny Beldum event was announced.

So if Gamestop is getting the Diance event, are they selling the DVD of the movie (I assume that is why it is coming out)?

Any news on Volcanion And Hoopa already have a folder full of events waiting to be traded off for them.
I guess Mythical are tied to the yearly movies these days so 2015 and 2016, respectively.

lupinko

I got my XY LL fixed, but Nintendo scratched the front/top casing for no reason. So make completely new the bottom but ruin the top! And I had to pay ¥1080 for the repair. I'm calling them again tomorrow since it's apparently covered. --;

Edit:

ZWXmiQx.jpg

Pu69f1H.jpg

CudrUdW.jpg

Oblig.

http://youtu.be/cAHwMJJJa80

Next is Shiny Adamant Kyogre.

:D

So if Gamestop is getting the Diance event, are they selling the DVD of the movie (I assume that is why it is coming out)?

I guess Mythical are tied to the yearly movies these days so 2015 and 2016, respectively.

O that's a bummer well ,stuff I don't need time:
Celebi (JPN/Rush/lvl 10)
Porygon Z x 6
Shiny Stone x 3 (Comes with 5IV togetic)
Charizardite X
Absolite
Lucarionite
Sun Stone x 2
PP-Max
PP-Up
Rare Candy

JoeM86

UK getting Gengar/Diancie in GAME, also Serial Code. Rest of Europe getting it at the same time, but we don't have exact details yet

Gengar: October 15th to November 5th
Diancie: November 6th to November 28th

Bleh, sorting around my pokebank was a pain. But it was worth it.

Sorted the groups into the following:

Livingdex
Shinydex
Legendaries
Collections
Extras
Special
Egg Movers

Helped me realize I had some shiny legendaries lol.

Groudon, Cobalion, Zapdos, Tornadus

lupinko

I was off by one frame on the first time with kyogre. lol

I'm going to give Shiny Adamant Groudon Fire Punch and Thunderpunch in Gen 3, then when shipped off to Gen 4, stealth rock.

I won't be using Thunderpunch but it's nice for Shiny Groudon to have just cause!

It's going to be cool walking around Johto and Kanto with Shiny Rayquaza and Shiny Groudon, both can join Shiny Palkia and Shiny Pontya, the latter two still sitting in Pearl.

I'm hoping Shiny Kyogre can join them soon. :D

Edit: goal is frame 35596, first try was 35597, second was 35595. :eek:

O that's a bummer well ,stuff I don't need time:
Celebi (JPN/Rush/lvl 10)
Porygon Z x 6
Shiny Stone x 3 (Comes with 5IV togetic)
Charizardite X
Absolite
Lucarionite
Sun Stone x 2
PP-Max
PP-Up
Rare Candy

I'll take a Shiny Stone. :)

EDIT: Wait, no, I still have one, nevermind. :lol

UK getting Gengar/Diancie in GAME, also Serial Code. Rest of Europe getting it at the same time, but we don't have exact details yet

Awesome : D

I was hoping we wouldn't be left out. Kind of weird we didn't get Heracross/Pinsir, but we did get Electabuzz/Magmar much earlier. Oh and Charizard too...

lupinko

Thanks Aveyn for the first of our trio of Korean Wishing Star movie Jirachis. The second Gen 6 Jirachi, except it isn't shiny with moonblast like Tanabata.

It does have healing wish though. :O

Anyone have a spare hyper voice eevee? Trying to breed a sylveon with HV

Hyper Voice isn't an egg move sadly, so you'll want a RNG'd Eevee or wait till ORAS comes out and hope Hyper Voice is a tutor move again.

I can RNG Eevee on emulator, but got no way of sending it to X/Y.

Panzon

Hyper Voice isn't an egg move sadly, so you'll want a RNG'd Eevee or wait till ORAS comes out and hope Hyper Voice is a tutor move again.

I can RNG Eevee on emulator, but got no way of sending it to X/Y.
That's a shame.

Have an extreme speed dratini by any chance? Ugh why did I sell my Black 2 copy :(

Hyunashi

Got my first shiny ever today, a Lunatone from a random encounter. Its doesn't look anything special but it was pretty exciting.

jelmerjt

Is anyone interested in a male Ferroseed?

Dusk Ball
Relaxed nature
Egg moves Leech Seed, Spikes and Stealth Rock
IVs: 31 in HP, Attack, Defense and Special Defense and 0 in Special Attack and Speed.

I'm looking for a PP Max :p

lupinko

Okay with the shiny hand I've been dealt with, I'd like to toy with the idea of adamant kyogre. Besides I can rng a better shiny modest in sapphire and heartgold hopefully, but I'll make do with this one.

It's basically going to be a paraflinch set:

Waterfall
Body Slam
Earthquake
Avalanche

This particular spread has 31 attack IV, waterfall over aqua tail due to accuracy and potential paraflinch. Earthquake is well standard, and because this particular spread has a low speed IV, it's likely Kyogre will go second and get hit. So providing it survives, avalanche will do double damage.

Panzon

Yeah. I have two spares that descended from one of Muku's Dratinis.

Can you be around in 1 hour's time? I'm heading off for lunch now ^^
I should be on. Just call me out or shoot me a pm

Edit: Literally just finished breeding a ferrothron with SR and LS. No spikes though since I don't really use them

octopiggy

So you can't download in store? As in we can't set up a fake GAME hotspot again? :(

Top Bottom