• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

I've been trying out a team in the UU simulator before I start in X/Y. Mega Aggron and Florges work incredibly well together.

Aggron is a reliable lead with Stealth Rock. Eats up physical moves and hits back hard with Heavy Slam and Earthquake. If I'm threatened by a special attack, I just switch in Florges and she can take it. If something wants to Toxic Florges, I can use Aromatherapy or switch in Aggron because he's immune. :) She also makes up for Aggron's lack of recovery with Wish passing.

Not decided on what else to use yet. Almost certainly Crawdaunt for priority and Knock Off (nothing likes switching in on that, except Granbull apparently >_>)

It doesn't get priority.

It got Aqua Jet this gen, which makes it absolutely terrifying with a Choice Band, Life Orb or Dragon Dance boost. It can also take a Brave Bird from Talonflame before going down, meaning its a pretty effective last resort if you need to break the bird.

spiritfox

*Builds first team*

Oh shit! I've got 3 steel weaknesses!

*Builds second team*

omg! 3 fire weaknesses! FFFFFFFFF!!

I have 3 ice weakness on my current team, but I also have 2 Pokemon that resists ice, so as long as you have Pokemon you can bring in to take those attacks, it'll be fine.

Also, steel is such a rare offensive type that it does not really matter.

Tiamant

I have 3 ice weakness on my current team, but I also have 2 Pokemon that resists ice, so as long as you have Pokemon you can bring in to take those attacks, it'll be fine.

Also, steel is such a rare offensive type that it does not really matter.

Metagross and Scizor's bullet punch wreck me :(

SeZMehK

Oh, I fought a really annoying siglyph(sp?) last night. I might want to make one myself even though I hate the way it looks. Lol.

Tiamant

Oh, I fought a really annoying siglyph(sp?) last night. I might want to make one myself even though I hate the way it looks. Lol.

I just bred a Xatu and watching closely they're very similar, one has magic bounce and the other magic guard, what's the difference?

joelseph

I just bred a Xatu and watching closely they're very similar, one has magic bounce and the other magic guard, what's the difference?

Bounce means the status won't stick and will be bounced back to the sender.

Guard means the status will stick but won't do any damage.

SeZMehK

I think I have spare one with Stored Power/Psycho Shift in a Luxury Ball. You would just need to relearn the egg moves.

Thanks. Looks like I can use this as a base and work out a wall. :D

Edit: Does anyone have a reject female timid nidoran in a luxury ball? The only one I have left is now a Nidoqueen. :/

NEO0MJ

Looks like Sigilyph completely outclasses Xatu, oh well :/

They're actually very different. Magic bounce reflects everything, from status effect moves such as toxic, status lowering moves/abilities such as intimidate and even entry hazards such as stealth rock back at the user.

macklelol

That was a random disconnect.

Does Magic Bounce really reflect abilities like Intimidate? Its description only says it reflects moves.

Tiamant

Any volunteers to make pokedex trades? We list our missing entries and exchange back and forth, I did it with Mich and it was awesome, Oval charm in an afternoon :D

GamerSoul

Eff the pokebank lol. I'm slowwly working on building a team. I'm starting with a 3 man team first. I'm glad they added the battle institute because it's helping me see what type of pokemon I will face out there on the nets. My gawd a lost to a porygon or porygon2 yesterday who copied my greninja's protean. I knew I was screwed after that. :(

PK Gaming

I've been trying out a team in the UU simulator before I start in X/Y. Mega Aggron and Florges work incredibly well together.

Aggron is a reliable lead with Stealth Rock. Eats up physical moves and hits back hard with Heavy Slam and Earthquake. If I'm threatened by a special attack, I just switch in Florges and she can take it. If something wants to Toxic Florges, I can use Aromatherapy or switch in Aggron because he's immune. :) She also makes up for Aggron's lack of recovery with Wish passing.

Not decided on what else to use yet. Almost certainly Crawdaunt for priority and Knock Off (nothing likes switching in on that, except Granbull apparently >_>)

That core is terrifying. Most teams have a very difficult to break through.

XY UU is fun, albeit a little bizzare.

JoeM86

Playing through my "For fun" playthrough of Y, taking it really slow.

So far I've got a Frogadier, Flabébé, Houndour and Phantump. Really trying to go for Pokémon I have never raised here. Yep, I have NEVER raised a Houndour. Boggles the mind, somewhat.

Considering I've played the hell out of X & Y since launch, I'm really enjoying it still, despite having played through it twice already :)

L.O.R.D

something weird
i have Kangaskhan with Scrappy
when i mega evolve him , i can't damage any ghost type , is it because of Parental Bond ?

and when i face a horde with my Kangaskhan , he tilt for some reason

something weird
when i mega evolve him , i can't damage any ghost type , is it because of Parental Bond ?

Yeah, it's because of Parental Bond. Kanga loses Scrappy when it Mega evolves.

macklelol

something weird

Yes, Kangaskhan loses Scrappy and gains Parental Bond when you Mega Evolve, so you can't hit ghosts with Normal or Fighting type attacks once Kangaskhan goes mega.

one_kill

Ok, I made an oops and accidentally put my lucky egg on gts. Does anyone have a chancy safari so I can replace it?
I'm pretty sure I have access to one. I could get you a lucky egg if you don't mind waiting a bit.
They're actually pretty easy to get. Chansey throws them at you lol

Any volunteers to make pokedex trades? We list our missing entries and exchange back and forth, I did it with Mich and it was awesome, Oval charm in an afternoon :D
What are you missing?

MotherFan

I'm pretty sure I have access to one. I could get you a lucky egg if you don't mind waiting a bit.
They're actually pretty easy to get. Chansey throws them at you lol

Nice, thank you. I don't mind waiting. I'll post friend code tonight.

First pokemon game since r/b. This is fun as hell.

Anyone happen to have a Spiritomb in their Friend Safari? Been trying to find one for a while now and not a single person I've talked to has it.

I don't, but I did get one over Wonder Trade. I could breed you one this evening, if you'd like.

That would be lovely, thank you!
My friend code is 2036-6914-5805. Let me know if there's anything you'd like for it, I'm sitting on a very random, mostly useless assortment of pokemon atm.

Kirlia

Banned
Ah dude, sorry

I think I may have deleted the friend who had it
or he/she may have deleted me

Oh my God, I am feeling oddly generous. I have a friend with a Chansey Safari; I can TRY to get a Lucky Egg via the Compoundeyes/Frisk method. But I have to breed a Spiritomb for someone first. Regardless, I should be available this evening.

one_kill

Oh my God, I am feeling oddly generous. I have a friend with a Chansey Safari; I can TRY to get a Lucky Egg via the Compoundeyes/Frisk method. But I have to breed a Spiritomb for someone first. Regardless, I should be available this evening.
dw I've got it covered lol

one_kill

Ah, got it. By the way, I realized that Palkia is the only legendary I'm missing. If you ever get it, I'd like its data for TOTAL LEGENDARY COMPLETION. Oh, and Unown as well. But no rush!
Send me a trade request when you're ready
I must've missed trading you Palkia

Kirlia

Banned
Send me a trade request when you're ready
I must've missed trading you Palkia

That'll be this evening, probably! But yeah, I'll PM you.

That would be lovely, thank you!
My friend code is 2036-6914-5805. Let me know if there's anything you'd like for it, I'm sitting on a very random, mostly useless assortment of pokemon atm.

Ah, I see! Um, well, any Pokemon with their Hidden Abilities, or Pokemon Bank breedable Pokemon such as Elgyem and Tynamo would be super rad. I'll PM you my FC when I'm ready, which, again, will probably be this evening PST.

That'll be this evening, probably! But yeah, I'll PM you.

Ah, I see! Um, well, any Pokemon with their Hidden Abilities, or Pokemon Bank breedable Pokemon such as Elgyem and Tynamo would be super rad. I'll PM you my FC when I'm ready, which, again, will probably be this evening PST.

Sounds good, I'll see what I have. No rush on this, especially if it gets in the way of another trade you were working on.

Top Bottom