• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

CrimsonN0

This dude.

Smeargle with Minimize, Shell Smash, King's Shield, and Baton Pass.
Actually managed to Earthquake the Mawile he passed to then again when he tried to set up again - even after 3 Minimizes and 2 Shell Smashes.
Zoroark goes down too.

Didn't lose a single one of my pokemon.

ugoo18

What is everyones battle spot records? I'm currently 36-39.... Which is not good at all. I really need to work on a good team.

Best ever for me was 30-21 after switching to my new team then i ran into damm good counters lol and i'm currently at 35-31.

one_kill

This dude.

Actually managed to Earthquake the Mawile he passed to then again when he tried to set up again - even after 3 Minimizes and 2 Shell Smashes.
Zoroark goes down too.

Interesting strategy
I might steal it :x

ugoo18

This dude.

Zoroark goes down too.

I'm actually confused how you raise a Smeargle?

Do the moves it copies become egg moves that are then passed to the child and then the child ends up with the new move + sketch to repeat the process again but with a new move?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

Do the moves it copies become egg moves that are then passed to the child and then the child ends up with the new move + sketch to repeat the process again but with a new move?

Why don't you just breed it until you get perfect IVs, THEN sketch the moves on?

macklelol

Sketch is a relearnable move. So you would get a Smeargle with good IVs first, sketch a move, relearn sketch (by level up or move relearner), and keep on sketching until you have everything you want.

ugoo18

Sketch is a relearnable move. So you would get a Smeargle with good IVs first, sketch a move, relearn sketch (by level up or move relearner), and keep on sketching until you have everything you want.

Why don't you just breed it until you get perfect IVs, THEN sketch the moves on?

Ahh it's a relearnable move, that makes things a lot easier.

Perfect IVs are simple enough but for some reason it didn't occur to me sketch could be relearned lol.

Thanks for all the Porygon help, guys. I think I need an ability capsule now to change Download to Trace/Adaptibility. I ended up cloning my Porygon twice and evolving into a Porygon2 and a Porygon-Z.

Yeah, if you wouldn't mind. FC is in my profile.
As is mine. Look for Drew

*edit* I just can't get the thing to work. All my successful clones were done with Party Pokemon and Rayquaza knows Fly so that won't work without a Dendemille Move Deleter trip. I'm not sure if that's it or if it's some timing difference between my 3DS and XL that I wasn't experiencing earlier tonight.

macklelol

As is mine. Look for Drew

*edit* I just can't get the thing to work. All my successful clones were done with Party Pokemon and Rayquaza knows Fly so that won't work without a Dendemille Move Deleter trip. I'm not sure if that's it or if it's some timing difference between my 3DS and XL that I wasn't experiencing earlier tonight.

Eh, cloning can be a pain to do sometimes. No need to rush with it, though.

i-Jest

@spiritfox

Thanks ;)

Has anyone had any luck with getting Celebi from the event this month? I'm just getting on X and Y now so I've got some catching up to do.

onslack

Do you have a team?

Technically no, I have a Mega Charizard Y, Volcarona , Chlorophyll Venasaur that I've IV bred and EV trained and a random azumarril that's got no EV training

I was aiming for a sun team lol

I've used them in the battle mansion, got up to 25 wins then decided to breed other pokemon.

That's about as far as I've got

one_kill

Technically no, I have a Mega Charizard Y, Volcarona , Chlorophyll Venasaur that I've IV bred and EV trained and a random azumarril that's got no EV training

I was aiming for a sun team lol

I've used them in the battle mansion, got up to 25 wins then decided to breed other pokemon.

That's about as far as I've got
Azumarill's great. Not sure what you're going for, but it can at least take a hit from a major threat and OHKO it (or 2HKO with Aqua Jet). If you get lucky, it can OHKO two to three opponents before going down. Aqua Jet is particularly useful when you want to clean up.

I haven't used Venusaur without going mega so I'm not sure how well it holds up. Mega Venusaur is great though. It still loses to flying and psychic attacks, but it can tank one or two hits before going down if you don't plan to stall with Synthesis.

MicH

I have to say, I'm wii the proud of my Ambipom and Crawfaunt. They don't really work in doubles since they're so frail. But Sash Crawdaunt is so fun! Swords Dance one, then get brought down to Sah. Aqua Jet, Aqua Jet, Aqua Jet! So much power!

Ambipom too

spiritfox

I was going to breed a Xatu until I saw its move pool. Now I wonder if I want to breed a Xatu.

How is it with Calm Mind/Stored Power/Omnious Wind/Roost?

I realized that I had gotten a foreign Field Group Parent a while back as thanks for hatching a shiny for someone.
After checking the list of potential things to breed I had to get me one of these:

077.gif
078.gif

Male
Jolly
Flash Fire
31/31/4/x/31/31
Egg moves:
-Hypnosis
-Low Kick
-Morning Sun

It's not like Rapidash takes hits anyway.
This took only about 100 eggs.

Up for grabs:
Ponyta - Female - Flash Fire - 31/31/31/x/31/31

one_kill

I realized that I had gotten a foreign Field Group Parent a while back as thanks for hatching a shiny for someone.
After checking the list of potential things to breed I had to get me one of these:

Up for grabs:
Shiny Rapidash looks awesome

I'll take the Ponyta if you still have it
I'm interested in breeding a Rapidash

Is there anything in particular that you're looking for?

Edit: I'm headed for bed. If someone else asks, just give it to him/her ;P

Muku

077.gif
078.gif

Male
Jolly
Flash Fire
31/31/4/x/31/31
Egg moves:
-Hypnosis
-Low Kick
-Morning Sun

Up for grabs:

Okay, I'm jealous. Lost track of how many days and eggs I've gone through, but have yet to have one of these pop for me. I'm getting quite a few 6's though, ugh.

one_kill, if you're looking for some to breed I have 5's and 6's if interested. Though I've run with mine as Adamant. Flame Wheel*, Low Kick, Double Kick, and Morning Sun as egg moves.

* I know I know, it isn't long until it learns this, but I accidentally bred it on in my initial batch, haha.

Edit: By the way, what are you interested in for it? Curious as well.

onslack

Azumarill's great. Not sure what you're going for, but it can at least take a hit from a major threat and OHKO it (or 2HKO with Aqua Jet). If you get lucky, it can OHKO two to three opponents before going down. Aqua Jet is particularly useful when you want to clean up.

I haven't used Venusaur without going mega so I'm not sure how well it holds up. Mega Venusaur is great though. It still loses to flying and psychic attacks, but it can tank one or two hits before going down if you don't plan to stall with Synthesis.

My team building and knowledge of EV spreads is very limited as I've never ventured into the game this far before, so I'm still learning ( very slowly)

I really like Azumarill, even if it just a filler pokemon. I've bred a Rotom ( for Rotom Heat), Rough Skin Gible and a Marvel Scale Dratini.

Venasaur is pretty fast in the sun but still pretty weak!

After messing around in the battle mansion I'm swaying towards playing doubles rather than singles.

Muku

The female parent ponyta is being given away, I'll take the nicest thing you are willing to spare.

I have a few 6IV Pokemon if interested. Sadly no shinies to offer for it, as I only have a few at the moment. Though if interested in the 6IVs I have Eevee, Charmander, Ponyta (obviously because they pop out like candy while the shiny evades me LOL), and Zorua I believe.

EDIT: Hope you enjoy Charmander. :) Not that I have use for another Ponyta, but she'll keep a box of my other Ponyta company. Glad to have found Charmie a home.

Usobuko

Banned
Kinda wish the next pokemon game has past gen move tutors. Defog Togekiss, Knock off + Ice/thunder punch Conkeldurr, Softboiled Clefable, Painsplit Rotom-W, Foul Play + Heal Bell Umbreon are what I want to build.

onslack, are you going to be free in 10 hours time? I got your legendaries waiting here.

Muku

Kinda wish the next pokemon game has past gen move tutors. Defog Togekiss, Knock off + Ice/thunder punch Conkeldurr, Softboiled Clefable, Painsplit Rotom-W, Foul Play + Heal Bell Umbreon are what I want to build.

Would be nice, but think it might be asking for too much. Working on older games again transferring legendaries up again for giggles while waiting on bank, ugh. Tempted to do some stuff in SS, but still means have to wait on bank to get that stuff transferred over.

EDIT: On a side note, anyone interested in 6IV Ponyta? I have a few. Still currently breeding Ponyta, so would like to find at least some of them a home. They are all Adamant and level 1. They all have Low Kick, Double Kick, Flame Wheel, and Morning Sun. Only thing that varies is their gender and abilities. I have Ponyta with Run Away, Flash Fire, and Flame Body. Not looking for anything extremely specific right now, but whatever nice thing you'd like to trade for it would work.

Usobuko

Banned
Would be nice, but think it might be asking for too much. Working on older games again transferring legendaries up again for giggles while waiting on bank, ugh. Tempted to do some stuff in SS, but still means have to wait on bank to get that stuff transferred over.

I don't think that's asking for too much
:(

Top Bottom