• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

Korosenai

I'm really debating on whether or not I should sign up for the tournament. I really don't have a doubles team, but it could be fun and who knows, I might even win a couple matches.

When's the deadline for the signup?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I'm really debating on whether or not I should sign up for the tournament. I really don't have a doubles team, but it could be fun and who knows, I might even win a couple matches.

I'm pretty sure you have an hour.

DaBoss

If your interest is in having fun, then you should definitely join.
And we can't use Friend Safari pokemon? Does that mean we can't use Greninja? I'm not planning on using it, just asking as an example.
We can use HA, we just can't use any non-native Kalos Pokemon (i.e. Volcarona can only be gotten through Friend Safari).

Korosenai

If your interest is in having fun, then you should definitely join.

We can use HA, we just can't use any non-native Kalos Pokemon (i.e. Volcarona can only be gotten through Friend Safari).

Oh ok, that makes a lot more sense. So if you can't catch it in the wild in Kalos, then you can't use it.

Ok, I just signed up.

Quest1

Man I'm terrible at doubles. I think I'm bad at the team composition aspect and predicting the flow of the match. Anyone have any pointers?

Muku

Okay, so have been getting 6IV Ponyta like candy while trying to get a shiny to pop. I have far more than I need to keep for myself. So below I'll give a bit about them. Not looking for anything specific at the moment.

Ponyta
31/31/31/31/31/31
All are Adamant and level 1.
All have moves: Low Kick, Double Kick, Flame Wheel, and Morning Sun.

x3 Run Away - 2 Females and 1 Male
x1 Flash Fire - 1 Female
x4 Flame Body - 3 Females and 1 Male

Edit: Have gotten a few more, so I've added them to list. And no shiny still.

one_kill

Okay, so have been getting 6IV Ponyta like candy while trying to get a shiny to pop. I have far more than I need to keep for myself. So below I'll give a bit about them. Not looking for anything specific at the moment.

Ponyta
31/31/31/31/31/31

x4 Flash Fire - 2 Females and 2 Males
Can I grab one Muku? A Flash Fire Male?

My FC is 0103 9712 6861
IGN is James

Edit: Thanks Muku :D

CrimsonN0

Ponyta
31/31/31/31/31/31

x4 Flash Fire - 2 Females and 2 Males

I'll take one too. Male.
I'm probably going to make a Jolly one, so its Ability doesn't really matter.

I guess I've got a spare Unburden Treecko or a Swift Swim Poliwag if you want them.

My FC:5000-3009-5859
IGN: Crimson

Muku

I'll take one too. Male.
I'm probably going to make a Jolly one, so its Ability doesn't really matter.

I guess I've got a spare Unburden Treecko or a Swift Swim Poliwag if you want them.

My FC:5000-3009-5859
IGN: Crimson

A Treecko would be amazing!

Ability could matter, if you want Flame Body anyway. If not then yeah. Give me a moment to add you.

edit: Wish when you tab out to add a friend, it would keep you on the internet in game. >< Added and able to trade whenever you're available.

Thank you Crimson!

Griffith

Banned

Ponyta
31/31/31/31/31/31

x2 Run Away - 2 Females and 1 Male
x4 Flash Fire - 2 Females and 1 Male
Could I get one with Flash Fire please? Gender doesn't matter.

FC:3668-8559-8438
IGN is Jaime

So I FINALLY got around to beating the Elite Four and made it to Kiloude City (I'm away behind on this game). Don't have many friends added on this so was wondering if anyone have some specific Pokemon in their Safari.

Looking for any of Ninetails, Togepi, Tropius, Cinccino, Chansey and Girafarig.

If anyone has those and doesn't mind adding me I'd really appreciate it.

Also I have no clue what type or specific Pokemon are in my Safari either so anyone is free to check if they want. Just let me know so I can add you as well.

My Friend Code is 4570-8055-9800 and my in game name is Jacob.

Muku

Could I get one with Flash Fire please? Gender doesn't matter.

FC:3668-8559-8438
IGN is Jaime

Sure. Give me a moment to add you then I'll be on.

Edit: Yes, thank you for the Phione! :D Don't have to wait for bank to transfer off Black now, haha. One day we'll get the bank...

Wichu

Shiny Aegislash is amazing
I just saw one in a fight and now I'm feeling real eager to try and breed one

Yeah, shiny Aegislash is super boss. In fact, I think they did a good job with shiny colourations in X/Y compared to previous generations; there's very few 'only slightly different' shinies, and not that many garishly bright ones either.

one_kill

I have to get to bed now actually. :(
No problem
Just send me a PM

Yeah, shiny Aegislash is super boss. In fact, I think they did a good job with shiny colourations in X/Y compared to previous generations; there's very few 'only slightly different' shinies, and not that many garishly bright ones either.
I agree. A number of the older gen shinies look so dull and ugly.

I'm going to breed my Aegislash until I get a shiny Honedge. Hopefully I'll get it with not much trouble :D

freoleo29

Ponyta
31/31/31/31/31/31

x2 Run Away - 2 Females
x2 Flash Fire - 1 Female and 1 Male

May i have a male Flash Fire please?
I've done a major culling so don't have much to give but i will try give atleast a 5 iv :)

FC 5155-2938-0756 IGN Liam

MicH

They even fixed Gengar and Farchomps ugly shiny colors with their mega forms!

Muku

May i have a male Flash Fire please?
I've done a major culling so don't have much to give but i will try give atleast a 5 iv :)

FC 5155-2938-0756 IGN Liam

Sure. Adding you now.

edit: Thank you! Some nice egg moves on this one.. saves me trouble later! :D

Muku

Thank you so much!
The dratini needs a little breeding to be done (wrong 5 ivs) but has a couple egg moves including Extremespeed

It's all good. I was actually going to go back to breeding Dratini soon to work on egg moves, so this saves me some time. And good start on IVs, since it'll be bred with God Ditto. :D

Muku

Okay, after many days of trying to trade a Yveltal (which I traded a Milotic to get) I took it off GTS. I just straight up put a Milotic and asked for an Articuno that way, since I guess Xerneas and Yveltal are totally unwanted. And I got it. Going to try asking for other things with Milotic. These things are more like candy than those two.

one_kill

Okay, after many days of trying to trade a Yveltal (which I traded a Milotic to get) I took it off GTS. I just straight up put a Milotic and asked for an Articuno that way, since I guess Xerneas and Yveltal are totally unwanted. And I got it. Going to try asking for other things with Milotic. These things are more like candy than those two.
Yeah Milotic's gone up. I've been collecting Zygarde for some reason haha

Kirlia

Banned

If you don't mind grinding for BP in order to get the evolution items, I heard that Porygon-Z is also a great Pokemon to put on GTS for legendaries.

Muku

If you don't mind grinding for BP in order to get the evolution items, I heard that Porygon-Z is also a great Pokemon to put on GTS for legendaries.

Really? Mmm might have to be my next breeding project. Only have one Porygon at the moment. If this stupid pony would just come out shiny...

The PGL balloon popping game was heaven-sent for me. An hour's time and about 10,000 PokeMiles netted me 3 Up-Grades and 2 Dubious Discs, among other very useful items (like Metal Coats). It's much more useful to me than the Maison. Once Bank gets out and I can rack up some BP that way, I'm headed straight for Lansat and Starf berries.

Kirlia

Banned
The PGL balloon popping game was heaven-sent for me. An hour's time and about 10,000 PokeMiles netted me 3 Up-Grades and 2 Dubious Discs, among other very useful items (like Metal Coats). It's much more useful to me than the Maison. Once Bank gets out and I can rack up some BP that way, I'm headed straight for Lansat and Starf berries.

...wait. You can use PokeMiles without Bank to get items like that? I demand more knowledge. :eek:

one_kill

I hate how you can't go back if you make a mistake of selecting either your party box or battle box.
At least have a confirm button.

...wait. You can use PokeMiles without Bank to get items like that? I demand more knowledge. :eek:

http://3ds.pokemon-gl.com/

I Game Synced a little over 72,000 PokeMiles.

I bought 50 Rare Candies with 12,500 Miles (250 each).

I used about 30,000 PokeMiles earned in-game from wonder trades and all that, spent about 3 hours playing the 3 levels of the balloon popping minigame and received multiples of the following items:

84 Evolutionary stones (all types), Metal Coats, Razor Fangs & Claws, Reaper Cloths, Sachets, Whipped Dreams, Deep Sea Scales & Teeth, Up-Grades, Dubious Discs, Prism & Dragon Scales, King's Rocks, Everstones, Protectors, Electirizers, Magmarizers and about 600 berries.

SeZMehK

I used about 30,000 PokeMiles earned in-game from wonder trades and all that, spent about 3 hours playing the 3 levels of the balloon popping minigame and received multiples of the following items:

84 Evolutionary stones (all types), Metal Coats, Razor Fangs & Claws, Reaper Cloths, Sachets, Whipped Dreams, Deep Sea Scales & Teeth, Up-Grades, Dubious Discs, Prism & Dragon Scales, King's Rocks, Everstones, Protectors, Electirizers, Magmarizers and about 600 berries.
Holy shit. Lol.

Kirlia

Banned

...holy...hell...

one_kill

I've only spent 500 miles so far on playing the balloon game. I should really invest in PP Ups.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

Well holy shit dude, I've got to start playing that game

macklelol

Wow.

I spent like 3,000 PokeMiles trying to get some Dawn or Shiny stones and the game gives me like 10 Fire Stones instead. I think I'll just deal with Super Training.

Top Bottom