• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

lupinko

I just caught this in the FS, it's 2IV HP and SpD.

Kinda want to use him for fun haha.

sQtpx53.jpg

Muku

Damn, lucky. I haven't found or breed one in forever. Urgh. I tend to have better luck breeding though than finding them in wild. Still think coolest one I found though was white ghost tree. (Name eludes me at the moment. It's late. ;_;)

lupinko

Damn, lucky. I haven't found or breed one in forever. Urgh. I tend to have better luck breeding though than finding them in wild. Still think coolest one I found though was white ghost tree. (Name eludes me at the moment. It's late. ;_;)

RNG abuse in gen 3 aside, and my lucky Thundurus, Mesprit, Palkia and Ponyta in gen 5 and 4, this save in X is giving me Shinies every now and then.

Unfortunately not wih breeding but wild hunts are really easy, and got easier with the shiny charm.

sgb

gave up on getting a full dex, sitting somewhere around 600. Got all mega's(both current and upcoming), all of the leg's, starters, and everything i wanted, now...we wait...

Seil

Is it still possible to complete the national dex now that you can't trade between the DS games?

GTS is horrible and doesn't help

It'd require access to numerous games to do alone, but yeah. You can still trade locally, after all. You can get every pokemon, save event legendaries, between the DS games and XY. That said, ORAS combined with XY is supposed to allow national dex completion(again, save event legendaries).

There are plenty of us that have a living dex here that could help out, too =p

Wichu

It's funny when my opponents see my Cacturne boosting up Gogoat/Sceptile with Rototiller in triples and leave it alone to focus on those two (as you would with a support Pokémon).

It turns out that Cacturne isn't a support Pokémon, it's a set-up sweeper. +4 STAB Sucker Punch off 110 base Attack hurts.

It's funny when my opponents see my Cacturne boosting up Gogoat/Sceptile with Rototiller in triples and leave it alone to focus on those two (as you would with a support Pokémon).

It turns out that Cacturne isn't a support Pokémon, it's a set-up sweeper. +4 STAB Sucker Punch off 110 base Attack hurts.

Your team sounds hilariously awesome. I've never really played triples but from your posts maybe I should try it out.

lupinko

Breeding 3 6IV Charmanders for my living dex has been a painfully long experience. I was lucky to get 1 of them female at least. Why are Solar Power females so hard to find haha

EDIT: Also as I am still new to this, should I really be releasing my 5IV ones that are -ATK/SPATK? Those Charmanders arent exactly imperfect right?

+Atk/-SpA 5iv for Adamant/Jolly/other natures with physical only focused builds

+SpA/-Atk 5iv for Modest/Timid/other natures with special only focused builds

Wichu

Your team sounds hilariously awesome. I've never really played triples but from your posts maybe I should try it out.

It's great fun, even if it is a bit Talonflame/Charizard-weak (also it's really bad at handling Steel-types). On the other hand, it's almost impossible to lose to Rain Dance teams :p

EDIT: Also people not realising what Florges's ability does is great. I beat a player with nearly 1900 rating because he tried to set up Mega Kangaskhan behind Smeargle's Dark Void. Cacturne and Gogoat were having none of that (or Hitmontop's Intimidate).

It's great fun, even if it is a bit Talonflame/Charizard-weak (also it's really bad at handling Steel-types). On the other hand, it's almost impossible to lose to Rain Dance teams :p

EDIT: Also people not realising what Florges's ability does is great. I beat a player with nearly 1900 rating because he tried to set up Mega Kangaskhan behind Smeargle's Dark Void. Cacturne and Gogoat were having none of that (or Hitmontop's Intimidate).

I have gotten so tired of Talonflame/Charizard that I have 3+ counters at any given time. That crap has gotten the best of me 1 too many times. Also lapras is so awesome into rain teams. OHKOs with freeze dry just about anything scary.

Triple battles intimidate me so much. So many combinations it would drive me crazy coming up with a good personal team.

Yeah, That's how I feel. I always misplay into anything that plays a bit odd (freakin' malamar) that triples sounds intolerable lol.

lupinko

Triple battles intimidate me so much. So many combinations it would drive me crazy coming up with a good personal team.

I find triples to be the most fun and it's what I play the most. While if played together in singles my usual team gets aped easily, in triples the novel double trio of Genies and Pixies work pretty well for me.

Muku

I SR'd three Diancie's, and all were a pain in the rear. Took a couple months (for all three), but was worth it. Hope yours doesn't take too long.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I wish there was a way of getting one of these shiny Gengar in countries where there are no Gamestop stores. I can't get it even as paid DLC, and that's really a shame :(

Haha awesome. Though, if you wanted one SR'd I could have done it for free. I've SR'd a couple of Darkrai for someone on here already.

no i'll feel bad letting you do it for free, actually going to settle for this spread

30-31/0-1/30-31/20-21/30-31/30-31 Modest

it's not perfect but it's very good and he been working on it for a few days now.

Muku

no i'll feel bad letting you do it for free, actually going to settle for this spread

30-31/0-1/30-31/20-21/30-31/30-31 Modest

it's not perfect but it's very good and he been working on it for a few days now.

I offer it for free, because this community is like family. :) Figure in end it all works out for all of us, so even if nothing is gotten now, perhaps in future something works out. This community is just awesome, so like helping out. But yeah, that spread on a non legendary would be really time consuming. At least with legendaries you're guaranteed 3 max IVs.

Can't wait for Shiny Beldum come ORAS. I probably won't get crazy with it's IVs, but focus on what's good for its nature. Haven't run with a Beldum yet. Keep meaning to evolve one I have but guess it is best to leave as Beldum since we're getting one with ORAS. (Shiny Beldum I got during trades on Black.) What do folks usually run on it? Was just thinking Adamant to be a power house, though think it's bonuses are defense points. I guess it'll depend on how Mega plays out?

I offer it for free, because this community is like family. :) Figure in end it all works out for all of us, so even if nothing is gotten now, perhaps in future something works out. This community is just awesome, so like helping out. But yeah, that spread on a non legendary would be really time consuming. At least with legendaries you're guaranteed 3 max IVs.

Can't wait for Shiny Beldum come ORAS. I probably won't get crazy with it's IVs, but focus on what's good for its nature. Haven't run with a Beldum yet. Keep meaning to evolve one I have but guess it is best to leave as Beldum since we're getting one with ORAS. (Shiny Beldum I got during trades on Black.) What do folks usually run on it? Was just thinking Adamant to be a power house, though think it's bonuses are defense points. I guess it'll depend on how Mega plays out?

well I wouldn't go that far :) but I do like to comradeship in this community and thats why I gave all those codes, Diancie is a legendary but Modest nature + 0 Atk + 1 Max IV is still quite hard (I am also getting 2 Diancie codes).

EDIT:Also if you'd like I have a few perfect spread Jolly Beldum on hand (non shiny).

Muku

well I wouldn't go that far :) but I do like to comradeship in this community and thats why I gave all those codes, Diancie is a legendary but Modest nature + 0 Atk + 1 Max IV is still quite hard (I am also getting 2 Diancie codes).

EDIT:Also if you'd like I have a few perfect spread Jolly Beldum on hand (non shiny).

Haha, well, unfortunately as much as I am into Pokemon, not one of my friends is even remotely on par. Fortunately though, PokeGAF is so I can nerd out here and talk about stuff and folks know what I'm talking about. I have one friend that is more into it than anyone else, but he's way behind curve on a lot of things.

Thank you, but I'm good. I'm only going with Beldum because.. well shiny version is awesome. Otherwise, it's not something that interests me, heh. :(

Edit: Finally got my awesome Pokemon iPhone 6 case in mail other day. :D

Wichu

Just had my Gogoat triple-targeted by a Metagross, Gigalith, and Mega Tyranitar. Unfortunately it did not survive, but it's pretty badass that it took that much to take it out (also props to the opponent for realising that if he hadn't done that Gogoat would just have rampaged over the rest of his team). Shame I can't use Protect on an Assault Vest set :(

Panzon

Just had my Gogoat triple-targeted by a Metagross, Gigalith, and Mega Tyranitar. Unfortunately it did not survive, but it's pretty badass that it took that much to take it out (also props to the opponent for realising that if he hadn't done that Gogoat would just have rampaged over the rest of his team). Shame I can't use Protect on an Assault Vest set :(
I envy you guys who do triples. Im not very good in singles but get alot of wins in doubles. Its the sweet spot for me

I envy you guys who do triples. Im not very good in singles but get alot of wins in doubles. Its the sweet spot for me

I stopped playing singles seriously after team preview was introduced. I think doubles is the most well balanced format this gen, though triples does seem intersting lol

Wichu

Triples is great for seeing all sort of out-there strategies. I just fought someone who led with Musharna, Sylveon, and Togekiss - Togekiss was Scarfed, and used After You on Sylveon while Musharna used Helping Hand to get off a ridiculously powerful Specs Hyper Voice. My Florges survived because 154 base Sp. Def, Cacturne had a Focus Sash, and Gogoat is just badass; I heavily damaged Sylveon with Horn Leech and finished it off with Cacturne's Sucker Punch before it could actually KO anything. My opponent brought out Jellicent next; I was expecting a boosted Water Spout, but instead it immediately used Trick Room (After You removes negative priority!), catching me by surprise. Then in come Hitmontop and Torkoal to try to clean up; unfortunately Hitmontop's Intimidate was negated by Flower Veil, and Torkoal wasn't a fan of Moonblast + Stone Edge.

My last battle had my opponent lead with Glalie, Sylveon, and Kangaskhan; Sylveon and Kangaskhan are presumably meant to distract the opponent while Glalie sets up (I got beaten because Gogoat got double-targeted by Glalie and Kangaskhan, then died to Sylveon's Hyper Voice).

Triples is great for seeing all sort of out-there strategies. I just fought someone who led with Musharna, Sylveon, and Togekiss - Togekiss was Scarfed, and used After You on Sylveon while Musharna used Helping Hand to get off a ridiculously powerful Specs Hyper Voice. My Florges survived because 154 base Sp. Def, Cacturne had a Focus Sash, and Gogoat is just badass; I heavily damaged Sylveon with Horn Leech and finished it off with Cacturne's Sucker Punch before it could actually KO anything. My opponent brought out Jellicent next; I was expecting a boosted Water Spout, but instead it immediately used Trick Room (After You removes negative priority!), catching me by surprise. Then in come Hitmontop and Torkoal to try to clean up; unfortunately Hitmontop's Intimidate was negated by Flower Veil, and Torkoal wasn't a fan of Moonblast + Stone Edge.

My last battle had my opponent lead with Glalie, Sylveon, and Kangaskhan; Sylveon and Kangaskhan are presumably meant to distract the opponent while Glalie sets up (I got beaten because Gogoat got double-targeted by Glalie and Kangaskhan, then died to Sylveon's Hyper Voice).

see, that sounds awesome, but I know that the first team with cresselia/smeargle/klefki/sableye/etc. lead I would ragequit.

Wanace

I hope we're able to transfer our pokemon immediately to AS/OR using Pokemon bank. I bred 5 IV Growlithe and Pinsir to accommodate my starter pokemon in that game. Hopefully I won't have to worry about catching crap in the beginning of the game.

I hope we're able to transfer our pokemon immediately to AS/OR using Pokemon bank. I bred 5 IV Growlithe and Pinsir to accommodate my starter pokemon in that game. Hopefully I won't have to worry about catching crap in the beginning of the game.

I think it's very unlikely there will be any such restriction, but gamefreak has been known to make... flawed decisions.

ebevan91

I know the English Diancie is coming out soon, but would anyone want to trade their English Diancie (or a code if you get an extra, the Japanese Diancie could be trade bait if you already have a Diancie.) for my Japanese movie event Diancie? All of my Pokemon BUT that one have English names and it kinda annoys me. I could just get the event from Gamestop next week but they didn't have or know what I was talking about when I brought up the Gengar event, so chances of them actually having the Diancie codes are slim.

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
How does the Diancie thing work? Is a download station like other times or is it a voucher to be redeemed at the eShop?

Kinokou

I'm starting to feel some ORAS hype so I will try to ask again, anyone sitting on a HA Swablu\Altaria? I haven't played in ages so I'm not sure what I have on offer any more but I definitely have some breeding leftovers.

Oscar

Do yall know if the Gengar code ever expires? I know it says 10/26 but I'm assuming that's when they will stop handing them out.

I have a card but won't be able to redeem it for a few days (out of town).

JoeM86

Do yall know if the Gengar code ever expires? I know it says 10/26 but I'm assuming that's when they will stop handing them out.

I have a card but won't be able to redeem it for a few days (out of town).

Should be fine. Typically they'll work for a few months after.

lupinko

Hmm, I'd like to give this Wishmaker Jirachi a new home, sorta used up until level 10. But because of that, there will be bonuses. The lil' fella is coming up from Ruby.

Mild Nature Lv10
Body Slam G3
Mimic G3 Exclusive
Nightmare G3 Exclusive
Water Pulse ORAS MT
Choice of either Salac or Ganlon Berry

This uncloned, unhacked, and I grow the berries in X. Yes, I'm that committed. :p

Interested in a combination of 2 Kalos Native Pokes. Unhacked/uncloned/unpowersaved of course.

Breedables: 5IV or 6IV with egg moves, optional cool ball like Dream, Love, Premier if Female.

Shiny: Can be hatched or caught but only in Kalos.

Edit: 4 was a little overkill.

Hey people, when do you thing the intention to buy for pokemon ORAS is going to come out? I thought that one month before the official release was supposed to be perfect =S.

Top Bottom