• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

I think I just got the best box off Eggs I have ever had. It had these beauties:

Treecko (M) - Hasty - Overgrow - 31.30.07.23.31.30 SHINY as the first egg of the box.
Treecko (F) - Hasty - Overgrow - 30.30.31.30.31.30 HP Fire, my breeding target.

This was also the first box I hatched of these.
There truly is an RNGesus.

4 more Gengar code cards. If you meet the above criteria send me a PM.

Edit: just stopped by the GameStop near me again and managed to get three more Gengar Cards, so now I have 7 to give away to anyone who meets the above criteria.

Edit 2 : 5 left

Last one Left

Edit: All gone! Just sent out the last code to a fellow Gaffer. If I come across more Gengar codes I'll make a new post and when Diancie becomes available I'll try to get as many codes as I did with Gengar. Keyword is "try", I start my new career tomorrow!

Are you able to receive a female super size pumpkaboo from the download event? I'v ebeen resetting for a female and all I've seen so far are male pumpkaboo.

I think I just got the best box off Eggs I have ever had. It had these beauties:

Treecko (M) - Hasty - Overgrow - 31.30.07.23.31.30 SHINY as the first egg of the box.
Treecko (F) - Hasty - Overgrow - 30.30.31.30.31.30 HP Fire, my breeding target.

This was also the first box I hatched of these.
There truly is an RNGesus.

Congrats man! You can never go wrong with a shiny Treecko and the other is just ready to become a mega.

Wichu

Had a triple battle earlier today to remind myself of Gogoat's awesomeness.

I love how my opponent seemed to just dismiss Gogoat at first, only realising it was actually a threat after it started devouring her team. She made an ill-fated attempt to stop it, at first by switching in Rotom which got OHKOed on the switch, then with Blastoise's Ice Beam which took off roughly a quarter of Gogoat's HP. Gogoat then ate Azumarill, then Blastoise on the following turn, before turning its sights on my opponent's last remaining Pokémon, Ferrothorn.

This is where I forgot that my Gogoat isn't actually Choiced, and made the battle drag on way too long by trying to take out Ferrothorn with Horn Leech when I could've just used Brick Break. Derp. At least I still had Mega Manectric in reserve to Flamethrower it after the rain ended.

Does anyone else have any Pokémon they like to use that people tend to underestimate?

Had a triple battle earlier today to remind myself of Gogoat's awesomeness.

I love how my opponent seemed to just dismiss Gogoat at first, only realising it was actually a threat after it started devouring her team. She made an ill-fated attempt to stop it, at first by switching in Rotom which got OHKOed on the switch, then with Blastoise's Ice Beam which took off roughly a quarter of Gogoat's HP. Gogoat then ate Azumarill, then Blastoise on the following turn, before turning its sights on my opponent's last remaining Pokémon, Ferrothorn.

This is where I forgot that my Gogoat isn't actually Choiced, and made the battle drag on way too long by trying to take out Ferrothorn with Horn Leech when I could've just used Brick Break. Derp. At least I still had Mega Manectric in reserve to Flamethrower it after the rain ended.

Does anyone else have any Pokémon they like to use that people tend to underestimate?

Lapras is a terror if you underestimate it. I use this set:

Charybdis (Lapras) (F) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Shell Armor
Level: 50
EVs: 204 HP / 4 Atk / 60 Def / 172 SpA / 68 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Ancient Power
- Hydro Pump
- Freeze-Dry
- Ice Shard

and it destroys teams that don't have something to deal with it. It tanks earthquakes from most threats, tanks literally all special attacks, and while it's no sweeper, it can dish out some hurt. Love it.

Muku

Are you able to receive a female super size pumpkaboo from the download event? I'v ebeen resetting for a female and all I've seen so far are male pumpkaboo.

Pretty sure it's gender locked upon getting the Wondercard. Sadly, both of mine got locked to female. Was hoping for 1 female and 1 male. :(

Velcro Fly

Today's challenge is to EV train this Mewtwo and maybe start leveling it to 100.

I might be silly and catch the other legendaries on my Y file, do the mega thing, and maybe make one more run through with Fennekin as my starter for the other legendary bird. X/Y were incredibly fun to play through the main story. First time since Gen 2 I've legit played through the game more than once while the gen was current.

edit: Maybe a solo run of some kind.

Today's challenge is to EV train this Mewtwo and maybe start leveling it to 100.

I might be silly and catch the other legendaries on my Y file, do the mega thing, and maybe make one more run through with Fennekin as my starter for the other legendary bird. X/Y were incredibly fun to play through the main story. First time since Gen 2 I've legit played through the game more than once while the gen was current.

edit: Maybe a solo run of some kind.
I think you're the first person I've seen say enjoying the main game. As far as my memory can recall anyway. One of the few at least.

TheContact

Just got back into this. I had shelved it because of ALBW and then distracted with other things but I just picked up off of my 20ish hour save. Just got to the mount Kalos region

lupinko

I think you're the first person I've seen say enjoying the main game. As far as my memory can recall anyway. One of the few at least.

I enjoyed my playthrough of X, but it was the first game I played since Blue so go figure, then I went back and did W1/P/LG/E. I have current games of W2 and Diamond right now as well as a Y game too. Lol

Really this is all for farming and hustling. I'm going to start my Japanese Emerald and Rubies/Sapphires playthroughs as well to hoard those RNG shinies.

Too bad my custom gym won't have a custom character. :(

I think it's much better than the previous game wouldn't even try the online component if I didn't enjoy it so much.

Thank you so much, I was so disappointed when we didn't get the event... You're a lifesaver! Thanks again!

:) Happy to help man, also don't have a lot of codes left so would appreciate anyone else to ask in the thread as well please.

EDIT:And all out (Reserved one for one_kill so let me know)

lupinko

If I had the money, I'd buy buy buy. Though, I'm also wary of online auction stuff. I've been burned in past, so I have a difficult time trusting folks in that regard. Not to say this person is legit, cuz they might be. I know connections at Nintendo can reap benefits. :3
As I've had my own in past.

Yeah that's true, while I'm not questioning the legitimacy online auctions can be fake with cart injections or really elaborate cheat device faking.

What I wonder about this cart, does it generate Mews or is it limited to the Mews provided by Nintendo?

Muku

Yeah that's true, while I'm not questioning the legitimacy online auctions can be fake with cart injections or really elaborate cheat device faking.

What I wonder about this cart, does it generate Mews or is it limited to the Mews provided by Nintendo?

From description person left, it sounds like there were only so many on it. Not sure if that sounds right. Unless they'd generate them somehow before start of each day in anticipation and load them onto carts.

Edit: This is interesting: http://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/comments/1xgcuf/meta_i_distributed_the_mew_at_toys_r_us_and_owned/

"No, not from the TRU distribution. The carts came preloaded with every box filled with Mew. Each Mew was the same and there were no shiny, trust me, I checked."

lupinko

From description person left, it sounds like there were only so many on it. Not sure if that sounds right. Unless they'd generate them somehow before start of each day in anticipation and load them onto carts.

Edit: This is interesting: http://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/comments/1xgcuf/meta_i_distributed_the_mew_at_toys_r_us_and_owned/

"No, not from the TRU distribution. The carts came preloaded with every box filled with Mew. Each Mew was the same and there were no shiny, trust me, I checked."

Yeah also with the projectpokemon research discussion I read the same was said too from another person.

The only real shiny Mew is Mew via Japanese Emerald.

Edit: But MYSTRY Mew is cool in its own right, could be wrong but that is the only Mew with Transform right? Well Gen 3 onward anyway, not counting any EU or JP equivalents.

Muku

Yeah also with the projectpokemon research discussion I read the same was said too from another person.

The only real shiny Mew is Mew via Japanese Emerald.

Edit: But MYSTRY Mew is cool in its own right, could be wrong but that is the only Mew with Transform right? Well Gen 3 onward anyway, not counting any EU or JP equivalents.

Yeah, meant to take shiny part out since it wasn't relevant. I see I didn't have the attention span long enough to do so, haha. x_x

I don't even know when any Mew giveaways were done. Outside of the Ruby one, which I wasn't able to do. Mew is that one that always avoids me. :/

lupinko

Yeah, meant to take shiny part out since it wasn't relevant. I see I didn't have the attention span long enough to do so, haha. x_x

I don't even know when any Mew giveaways were done. Outside of the Ruby one, which I wasn't able to do. Mew is that one that always avoids me. :/

Well you could do what I did immediately right after beating X and White 1 last winter. That was poach as many bidoof and Starly to sacrifice to Hayley to get her Mew in MPR.

You can still do it but you have to use Diamond and/or Pearl.

Muku

Well you could do what I did immediately right after beating X and White 1 last winter. That was poach as many bidoof and Starly to sacrifice to Hayley to get her Mew in MPR.

You can still do it but you have to use Diamond and/or Pearl.

MPR is My Pokemon Ranch or whatever, right? If so I don't have that, nor really want that. Though, mentioning D/P, I haven't played that since I originally beat it. Kind of tempting to go back and play through it again for funsies. Ahhhh too much to do!

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

There was a Mew give away during HG/SS. It really does seem like we get legendary give always every other generation, like we only Mew every other generation.

lupinko

MPR is My Pokemon Ranch or whatever, right? If so I don't have that, nor really want that. Though, mentioning D/P, I haven't played that since I originally beat it. Kind of tempting to go back and play through it again for funsies. Ahhhh too much to do!

Yeah it's My Pokemon Ranch, you get Hayley's Phione and Mew, the Mew requirement is to deposit 999 pokes and trade Hayley any egg for her Mew.

That is the only current legitimate and not BS way of getting Mew right now, since everything else requires additional stuff that has to break rules.

Muku

Yeah it's My Pokemon Ranch, you get Hayley's Phione and Mew, the Mew requirement is to deposit 999 pokes and trade Hayley any egg for her Mew.

That is the only current legitimate and not BS way of getting Mew right now, since everything else requires additional stuff that has to break rules.

Yeah. I've just avoided it because I don't buy "games" just to store my Pokemon, haha, ugh. That's why I'm glad they stopped trying to disguise it what it is.. storage. I still remember in NP all those years ago entering the contest for the 151 folks who could mail their copy in and get a legit one from Nintendo. I was bitter at time for not winning, but once we got to Gen 3 and couldn't transfer up, I can't say I was all that jealous. I'd be heartbroken to have left it behind.

lupinko

Yeah. I've just avoided it because I don't buy "games" just to store my Pokemon, haha, ugh. That's why I'm glad they stopped trying to disguise it what it is.. storage. I still remember in NP all those years ago entering the contest for the 151 folks who could mail their copy in and get a legit one from Nintendo. I was bitter at time for not winning, but once we got to Gen 3 and couldn't transfer up, I can't say I was all that jealous. I'd be heartbroken to have left it behind.

Well that pre-gen 3 Mew would be on borrowed time anyway given that gb and GBC carts would eventually die off battery wise. :/

Oh and since I'm pretty crazy over event farming, I could eventually get you a farmed MPR Mew if you want. Lol

That is the most annoying, deposit pokes, get events, withdraw pokes, wipe save, start new game, repeat. Also forward Wii clock if impatient. Haha

But prior to becoming this PokeHustler, I was the happiest gamer the moment I got that Hayley Mew, it was like I was a kid again.

And more special since I didn't use a cheat device like I did in 99 with my classmate's gameshark in grade school.

Muku

Well that pre-gen 3 Mew would be on borrowed time anyway given that gb and GBC carts would eventually die off battery wise. :/

Oh and since I'm pretty crazy over event farming, I could eventually get you a farmed MPR Mew if you want. Lol

But prior to becoming this PokeHustler, I was the happiest gamer the moment I got that Hayley Mew, it was like I was a kid again.

And more special since I didn't use a cheat device like I did in 99 with my classmate's gameshark in grade school.

Been a while since I've checked my copy of Red, but last time I booted it up (it's actually here with me) it's still kicking. But that's what makes it heartbreaking. Because you can't bring it up and you know the battery is going to die at some point.

An MPR Mew would be amazing. :3 Just difficult to pay for something I only want the Mew out of haha.

I actually have a Mew on Red, but a friend put it on there at some point. It was awesome to have, but I look forward to my first legit Mew. Kinda why I'm looking forward to this Scap promotion. Finally... a Shaymin I've gotten on my own. Keldeo and Victini would be nice bonuses to have again, but not the most important to me.

lupinko

Been a while since I've checked my copy of Red, but last time I booted it up (it's actually here with me) it's still kicking. But that's what makes it heartbreaking. Because you can't bring it up and you know the battery is going to die at some point.

An MPR Mew would be amazing. :3 Just difficult to pay for something I only want the Mew out of haha.

I actually have a Mew on Red, but a friend put it on there at some point. It was awesome to have, but I look forward to my first legit Mew. Kinda why I'm looking forward to this Scap promotion. Finally... a Shaymin I've gotten on my own. Keldeo and Victini would be nice bonuses to have again, but not the most important to me.

Yeah I don't mind the MPR Mew, for Pearl I can easily do it, I'm just trying to get Diamond up there (fastest way also is to get the national Dex in Diamond too so I can bring up gen 3 pokes rather than slave away like I did last Christmas on Pearl, but I did that while working back then so it wasn't so bad haha). There's a more detailed explanation why I need Diamond, but I won't bore you with specifics.

I'm just hustle crazy right now in these games. :O

So I've been SRing for a decent shiny Gengar and I ran across a Modest with 31 in Attack and Speed, ~25 in Special Defense and ~15 in the rest. I've been sitting on it for a couple of days but with the ORAS demo going out today, I'm going to have to pull the trigger or let it go. So should I keep it or try for something decent in Timid?

lupinko

So I've been SRing for a decent shiny Gengar and I ran across a Modest with 31 in Attack and Speed, ~25 in Special Defense and ~15 in the rest. I've been sitting on it for a couple of days but with the ORAS demo going out today, I'm going to have to pull the trigger or let it go. So should I keep it or try for something decent in Timid?

I'd keep it, but I have the luxury of multiples.

But stats wise, two perfect IVs in the right stats for a non event legendary is pretty good in a beneficial nature. That Gengar may not be fast enough but it should be more potent if you want to go Mega.

Edit: I misread this, I thought that said Special Attack, no I'd toss it because you are not doing Adamant or Jolly or any physical based build. And Gengar isn't either.

I would keep anything with a beneficial nature and a perfect IV in either S.atk or Speed,

but just a atk isn't really worth it imo.

Perfect speed and modest yes keep it.

Delio

Well time to prepare some breeding projects to toss over to OR. Looking to make a mixed Sceptile ( seen some people using pure physical Mega Sceptile on PO and it's not that good)

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
So I'm just wondering if this can work. Can I subscribe to the pokemon bank, transfer the pokemon I want on there, trade in X or OR and then transfer my pokemon back in?

Muku

Guys, i was a dumbass and didn't notice the demo was available as a sign-up only. Can anyone spare a code for the US version please?

Email only has one code. So you're going to probably have to go another route, unless someone is willing to give theirs up to you.

- Codes will be distributed at select cinema locations nationwide from Nov. 7–Nov. 13 (while supplies last).
- Check with your local retailer during the holidays to find out about special demo code giveaways (while supplies last).
- Get a code with your purchase of the new Pokémon Art Academy game (out Oct. 24) when you buy from Nintendo eShop on your Nintendo 3DS or 2DS system.
- You’ll also get a code with your purchase of one of two classic Pokémon games coming to the Virtual Console service on Nintendo eShop: the Pokémon Puzzle Challenge game (out Nov. 6) or the Pokémon Trading Card Game (out Nov. 13). You'll find your free demo code on your eShop receipt (download codes available while supplies last).
- Codes will be emailed the week of Oct. 31 to select Nintendo customers with Nintendo Network IDs who have signed up to receive promotional emails from Nintendo.
- Codes will also be distributed during the holiday mall tour from Nov. 24‒Dec. 21 at 16 different locations throughout the nation. Talk to a staff member to try out Pokémon Omega Ruby, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire or any of the featured Nintendo 3DS games to receive two codes—one for you, and one for a friend (while supplies last).

Or wait until someone else goes another route and gets another code they don't need. :(

Hyunashi

Breeding 3 6IV Charmanders for my living dex has been a painfully long experience. I was lucky to get 1 of them female at least. Why are Solar Power females so hard to find haha

EDIT: Also as I am still new to this, should I really be releasing my 5IV ones that are -ATK/SPATK? Those Charmanders arent exactly imperfect right?

Muku

Yeah, i read about the other codes so i though someone might've gotten one =(.

Only ones available right now are the ones we got from the Pokemon Trainer thing. Make sure you sign up to receive promo emails with your NNID. Those don't go out until 31st, but would mean you could get one without buying anything.

Breeding 3 6IV Charmanders for my living dex has been a painfully long experience. I was lucky to get 1 of them female at least. Why are Solar Power females so hard to find haha

EDIT: Also as I am still new to this, should I really be releasing my 5IV ones that are -ATK/SPATK? Those Charmanders arent exactly imperfect right?

I'd keep them. They could be great trade bait. Even if they don't have Solar Power on them, they're still worth it. Could even become great breeders for folks.

Top Bottom